Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Team Margarito mocks Freddie Roachs Parkinson Disease!!!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Hoodlum
Just when I thought I couldn't despise Antonio Margarito anymore this shit surfaces. Name calling, insults about hand wraps and steroids are all well within the realm of "OK insults" but to make jokes about Parkinsons Disease is an all time low for this dirt ball. Fckin Amazing! He totally crossed the line with this nonsense and I pray Pacquiao crushes this fool and sends him back to Tijuana looking like the joke he truly is.....@*!($(!&$!_$($!!!!!!!!!
Box in Hand
I haven't seen it and don't want to but I did read about it. I truly am one who felt Margarito deserved a life time ban and this is another piece of evidence why. I really dislike Freddie Roach's cocky ass but he didn't deserve this. Hope Pac decapitates Plaster Boy in 8. I wanna watch the touture for a little while.
Method
Like I said, Freddie went in on Margarito and his lack of skill/ability UNSOLICITED. If Team Margarito counters by making fun of a condition Freddie Roach picked up because he LACKED SKILL/ABILITY, I have ZERO problem with it. Freddie is a trainer. He should play the back and train. You never see Naazim Richardson going in on guys unprovoked. You sure as shit never saw Bouie Fisher do it. Freddie's letting some of that celebrity get to his head, and what can't be lost is he SUCKED as a fucking fighter.

Fuck yeah Freddie deserved whatever came his way within the context of the sport - which Freddie Roach's condition is the result of.

Too many ignorant motherfucker's getting their panties twisted and wanting to go Hands Across America for Freddie. Freddy's a big boy. He's picking up off of Floyd Joy and The Black Mamba.

I like Freddy Roach. I think he's a good guy in the sport. I do think he's a bit overexposed/overrated.

What's more, Freddie was on record w B-Scene months ago claiming he believed Margarito and was going to train him. Now Marg is fighting Paq and Freddie is all steadfast on Marg being a cheating asshole. Whether he is or he isn't, don't talk out of both sides of your mouth (not literally, because you physically can't, but figuratively).

Freddy brought this shit on himself. "You're gonna talk shit about me not having the ability? Fuck you, you shake and talk out of one side of your mouth because you lead w your head".

People in glass houses...

Freddie put himself in the line of fire...maybe because he really is displeased with Paq's camp, and he's trying to distract.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 11 2010, 02:32 PM) *
Like I said, Freddie went in on Margarito and his lack of skill/ability UNSOLICITED. If Team Margarito counters by making fun of a condition Freddie Roach picked up because he LACKED SKILL/ABILITY, I have ZERO problem with it. Freddie is a trainer. He should play the back and train. You never see Naazim Richardson going in on guys unprovoked. You sure as shit never saw Bouie Fisher do it. Freddie's letting some of that celebrity get to his head, and what can't be lost is he SUCKED as a fucking fighter.

Fuck yeah Freddie deserved whatever came his way within the context of the sport - which Freddie Roach's condition is the result of.

Too many ignorant motherfucker's getting their panties twisted and wanting to go Hands Across America for Freddie. Freddy's a big boy. He's picking up off of Floyd Joy and The Black Mamba.

I like Freddy Roach. I think he's a good guy in the sport. I do think he's a bit overexposed/overrated.

What's more, Freddie was on record w B-Scene months ago claiming he believed Margarito and was going to train him. Now Marg is fighting Paq and Freddie is all steadfast on Marg being a cheating asshole. Whether he is or he isn't, don't talk out of both sides of your mouth (not literally, because you physically can't, but figuratively).

Freddy brought this shit on himself. "You're gonna talk shit about me not having the ability? Fuck you, you shake and talk out of one side of your mouth because you lead w your head".

Freddie put himself in the line of fire...maybe because he really is displeased with Paq's camp, and he's trying to distract.

I see your point of view and think Freddy did bring a lot of this on himself.
Method
At face value, I understand...but christ, boys - SEE THE FORREST THROUGH THE FUCKING TREES.

If Freddy is in a supermarket in fucking Salt Lake City, UT, and a bunch of kids are pointing, laughing and throwing peanuts at him, then my DEEPEST sympathies. But if Freddy is in a room fulll of boxing heads, and he's sitting there tellling a former world champion, a guy who was lightyear's more accomplished than Roach, that he lacks skill/ability, then fuckin-a right I'd be like "I suck? Mother fucker, look at your stuttering, shivvvering ass".

As an aside, I cant STAND that Eli fucker that does all these videos for fan house. What an annoying fuck. I mean, for all intents and purposes, how the fuck does anyone know that right before the cameras started rolling, Ely wasn't like "Margarito, what do you think of Freddy Roach saying you suck, and you're a lying asshole?".

Im not even trying to go in on Roach...but God. people get their shit all twisted over the most dimwitted shit.

SMH, bringing up Ali...like that's the blasphemous of all blasphemy. Fuck, man, Ali was the first motherfucker to go in on a nigga for the most obvious. Joe Frazier looks like a mini King Kong. Nobody has to say it. Everyone knew. Ali said it. UNSOLICITED. But forget Joe. Its hands across America for Freddie and Ali. You never heard Ali talking shit once he was humbled w Parkinson's and still had the ability to speak. Freddie should know that all is fair in verbal war.

The best part about it is it will be settled in the ring.

Hoodlum

When it comes down to ridiculing a 'sickness', hell yeah, I'm Hands Across America, Red Cross, Jesus for Diabetics, Buddha for Back Problems, the whole nine because its morally ignorant. Unfortunately, some people don't understand the morality line and when its crossed. Case in point, bitch-ass Margarito.

Implying that Roach suffers from Parkinsons' based on his "Grade D" fighting ability is assuming a lot. There are other causes. And, implying its 'open season' and 'ok' to ridicule a fighter who has Parkinsons' based on their sub-par boxing career isn't cool. So, because Ali was good he's off limits from being cracked on because of his plight? He talked more shit than a toilet.

Technically, we shouldn't even be having this conversation. Go ask Panama Lewis why? It's laughable that this goon has been given the opportunity he's been bestowed. Its a joke and its been nothing short of an embarrassment to the sport.

Making a joke of someones disease leaves you open to the same fate ....karma is a bitch!
gravytrain
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 11 2010, 03:01 PM) *
At face value, I understand...but christ, boys - SEE THE FORREST THROUGH THE FUCKING TREES.

If Freddy is in a supermarket in fucking Salt Lake City, UT, and a bunch of kids are pointing, laughing and throwing peanuts at him, then my DEEPEST sympathies. But if Freddy is in a room fulll of boxing heads, and he's sitting there tellling a former world champion, a guy who was lightyear's more accomplished than Roach, that he lacks skill/ability, then fuckin-a right I'd be like "I suck? Mother fucker, look at your stuttering, shivvvering ass".

As an aside, I cant STAND that Eli fucker that does all these videos for fan house. What an annoying fuck. I mean, for all intents and purposes, how the fuck does anyone know that right before the cameras started rolling, Ely wasn't like "Margarito, what do you think of Freddy Roach saying you suck, and you're a lying asshole?".

Im not even trying to go in on Roach...but God. people get their shit all twisted over the most dimwitted shit.

SMH, bringing up Ali...like that's the blasphemous of all blasphemy. Fuck, man, Ali was the first motherfucker to go in on a nigga for the most obvious. Joe Frazier looks like a mini King Kong. Nobody has to say it. Everyone knew. Ali said it. UNSOLICITED. But forget Joe. Its hands across America for Freddie and Ali. You never heard Ali talking shit once he was humbled w Parkinson's and still had the ability to speak. Freddie should know that all is fair in verbal war.

The best part about it is it will be settled in the ring.

That guy is always riding Pac's nuts, then when some people outside of Garcia's gym asked him who he thought would win he's like "Oh, I don't know." LOL.

thehype

Great post Meth.

Agree 100%

It's funny that a guy like Carlos Mencia can make a living making fun of "Dee Dee Dees", but heaven forbid a couple of guys who punch people in the face for a living take some shots at a trainer who's been taking shots at them. I mean, would I have gone that low? Hell no...but I'm also not bothered that Margairto and crew did.

And for the record...I'm not sure if I recall the Boxingscene video of Freddie supporting Margarito, but I do know that FIGHTHYPE.COM had a video in March of 2009 where Freddie said he believed Margarito and was going to vouch for him and train him:

laugh.gif

Snoop
My whole problem with the Margarito camp is that they weren't even funny. If you're going to make fun of someone, at least be good at it. That being said, Carlos Mencia fucking SUCKS and steals his jokes.
thehype
QUOTE (Hoodlum @ Nov 11 2010, 03:20 PM) *
When it comes down to ridiculing a 'sickness', hell yeah, I'm Hands Across America, Red Cross, Jesus for Diabetics, Buddha for Back Problems, the whole nine because its morally ignorant. Unfortunately, some people don't understand the morality line and when its crossed. Case in point, bitch-ass Margarito.
Making a joke of someones disease leaves you open to the same fate ....karma is a bitch!

Where do you stand on obesity, acne or dwarfism? Just curious to know if you or anyone you know may have cracked jokes on people suffering from any of those diseases, and if so, what makes one disease more off limits than another?

dntknw.gif
thehype
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 11 2010, 03:47 PM) *
My whole problem with the Margarito camp is that they weren't even funny. If you're going to make fun of someone, at least be good at it. That being said, Carlos Mencia fucking SUCKS and steals his jokes.

Mencia does suck...but he still made a pretty good living cracking on mentally handicap people.

As for the camp...I don't know...Rios did do a pretty mean impersonation. Not saying it was right or wrong...HOWEVER...if Rios made his living as a comedian, would as many people still be upset?

dntknw.gif
Method
EXACTLY, Hype. And yes, there's your video to prove all the double talk.

Implying that Roach suffers from Parkinsons' based on his "Grade D" fighting ability is assuming a lot.

No the fuck it's NOT....no more than it is Ali's combo of deteriorating skills/hanging around way too long.

implying its 'open season' and 'ok' to ridicule a fighter who has Parkinsons' based on their sub-par boxing career isn't cool.

I'm not "IMPLYING" ANYTHING, you little f@ggot. I am flat out SAYING IT...and I am NOT saying it is OK soley because of Freddie's "Grade D" ability. I am SAYING it's OK because FREDDY PROVOKED IT WITH HIS OWN COMMENTS FIRST. UNPROVOKED, Freddy went in on Margarito's lack of ability/skill. Well, Freddie Roach SUCKED as a fighter, and he has the condition as proof.

You understand you ignorant motherfucker? Or do you need it blended up and straw-fed to you.
The CEO
Meth's on a God Damn ROLL!...and I'm rollin' with him...

This is Boxing...not a Finishing School in the Hamptons.

Freddie Roach has talked more shit in the last 2 years than most people do in their lifetime....Karma is indeed a bitch....and his arrogant ass was long overdue for a dose...

so I say it's time to take your medicine like a man, Roach....and don't leave your chin out anymore...you ain't untouchable...in or OUT the ring.
Method
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 11 2010, 03:52 PM) *
Meth's on a God Damn ROLL!...and I'm rollin' with him...

This is Boxing...not a Finishing School in the Hamptons.

Freddie Roach has talked more shit in the last 2 years than most people do in their lifetime....Karma is indeed a bitch....and his arrogant ass was long overdue for a dose...

so I say it's time to take your medicine like a man, Roach....and don't leave your chin out anymore...you ain't untouchable...in or OUT the ring.

EXACTLY.

Do I see another HATE TRAIN COMING 'ROUND THAT MOUNTAIN???????????????????????????

Fitzie, please chime in w your .gif...
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 11 2010, 09:56 PM) *
EXACTLY.

Do I see another HATE TRAIN COMING 'ROUND THAT MOUNTAIN???????????????????????????Fitzie, please chime in w your .gif...

Nicely built to a crescendo Meth, ALL ABOARD!

I dont wish ill health on anyone, but Roach wants the life of a celebrity, he damn sure wants to run his mouth like hes one. The minute he stopped just being a trainer and wanted to be some fuckin icon he opened himself up to the same sort of abuse every other celebrity takes. Ridin round L.A on Pacs nuts, shakin like theres been a power surge in an Ann Summers shop.

CUNT!!!
Method
I knew I could count on my boys to see this shit for EXACTLY what it is, and nothing more.

At the end of the day, it will ALL be settled in the ring.

Talk the talk. See if you can walk the walk.

Freddy can talk it, but only as good as Paq can walk it.
Snoop
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 11 2010, 08:47 PM) *
Where do you stand on obesity, acne or dwarfism? Just curious to know if you or anyone you know may have cracked jokes on people suffering from any of those diseases, and if so, what makes one disease more off limits than another?

dntknw.gif

Whichever one popular culture has said is off limits. laugh.gif

As for the camp...I don't know...Rios did do a pretty mean impersonation. Not saying it was right or wrong...HOWEVER...if Rios made his living as a comedian, would as many people still be upset?

Probably not, but I think that's the pass comedians get in mainstream culture, unless of course, they're bad comedians. We all hold difference expectations of different roles in society and I think the "outrage" is just a reflection of the standard people hold for professional boxers. Are we now saying that comedians and boxers should be viewed in the same respect?

I mean I get it. Boxers aren't supposed to be these stone-faced athletes that can't joke around every once in a while, but should they be going around mocking people with terminal diseases and spouting off things like "yellow dog-eating midgets"? dntknw.gif

Don't get me wrong, trash talking has been around the sport since its conception, but again my whole thing is if you're going to do it, do it right; otherwise you're just gonna look like a dumbass i.e. Margarito.
The CEO
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 11 2010, 03:56 PM) *
EXACTLY.

Do I see another HATE TRAIN COMING 'ROUND THAT MOUNTAIN???????????????????????????

Fitzie, please chime in w your .gif...

I think you do!

Shake 'n' Quake had it comin'....

SHOTGUN.
thehype
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 11 2010, 04:06 PM) *
Whichever one popular culture has said is off limits. laugh.gif

Hey! That was meant for the other guy to answer damn it!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 11 2010, 04:06 PM) *
Probably not, but I think that's the pass comedians get in mainstream culture, unless of course, they're bad comedians. We all hold difference expectations of different roles in society and I think the "outrage" is just a reflection of the standard people hold for professional boxers. Are we now saying that comedians and boxers should be viewed in the same respect?

I mean I get it. Boxers aren't supposed to be these stone-faced athletes that can't joke around every once in a while, but should they be going around mocking people with terminal diseases and spouting off things like "yellow dog-eating midgets"? dntknw.gif

Don't get me wrong, trash talking has been around the sport since its conception, but again my whole thing is if you're going to do it, do it right; otherwise you're just gonna look like a dumbass i.e. Margarito.

Of course we're not saying they should be viewed in the same respect, HOWEVER, do we really expect boxers -- most of whom (including Manny Pacquiao) came from the gutter, the ghetto, the streets, hustlin', robbin', do whatever they can to make ends meet -- to have a lot of class when their job is to smash in the face of the guy standing across the ring from them?

dntknw.gif

This ain't finishing school we're talking about here...it's fighting, which has it's roots with the lower class citizens. I mean, in my opinion, getting upset about Margarito imitating Roach is like being upset about a hooker posing nude for Playboy. I mean, when you got a guy shittin on you like Roach has been doing, what the heck do you expect?

LOL

Don't get me wrong. Was it fucked up? Sure. But nobody knows what led up to that point. I mean, for all we know, Margarito could be just as upset or feel just as betrayed by Roach, who at one point said he believed Margarito and was willing to vouch for him, only to see him do a 180, start shitting on him, and saying he should be banned for life as soon as the fight got signed.

As far as I'm concerned, trash talk is trash talk and nothing is off limits. The whole point of it is to get under your opponents skin...throw them off their game plan. For all we know, maybe Margarito HAS done it right, as Roach sure does seem a little more flustered than normal going into a fight. Who knows how that will play out? Will Manny do something that he shouldn't in an attempt to get some payback for his beloved trainer? Maybe. We'll have to wait and see. But like I said, in my opinion, nothing is off limits...whether it's taking shots at one's ethnic background (like Hopkins offering rice and beans to Tito or saying he won't lose to a white boy), taking shots at one's family (like Mayorga shittin' on Vernon Forrest's mom or Fernando's wife), or even taking shots at a disease (like Margarito did). Whether or not you agree with what's said is a different story, but I, for one, don't have a problem with it only because I know they're about to fight. Now, had he come out of left field and did that with no fight whatsoever lined up, then I might have a different feeling about it.
Method
As far as I'm concerned, trash talk is trash talk and nothing is off limits. The whole point of it is to get under your opponents skin...throw them off their game plan. For all we know, maybe Margarito HAS done it right, as Roach sure does seem a little more flustered than normal going into a fight. Who knows how that will play out? Will Manny do something that he shouldn't in an attempt to get some payback for his beloved trainer? Maybe. We'll have to wait and see. But like I said, in my opinion, nothing is off limits...whether it's taking shots at one's ethnic background (like Hopkins offering rice and beans to Tito or saying he won't lose to a white boy), taking shots at one's family (like Mayorga shittin' on Vernon Forrest's mom or Fernando's wife), or even taking shots at a disease (like Margarito did). Whether or not you agree with what's said is a different story, but I, for one, don't have a problem with it only because I know they're about to fight. Now, had he come out of left field and did that with no fight whatsoever lined up, then I might have a different feeling about it.

Exactly.

Like I said. UNPROVOKED, I might think otherwise.

I hated all of Mayorga's shit. Most of the time, he couldn't back it up, and when he couldn't, he used to cry at the feet of his conquerors talking how it was all for show. Im not down w that at all.

Freddie started it. Margartito came back w some ether. Freddie should have known better.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Nov 12 2010, 08:01 AM) *
Ridin round L.A on Pacs nuts, shakin like theres been a power surge in an Ann Summers shop.

CUNT!!!

What a wonderful sentiment. Something about Scot's & Aussies seeing eye to eye. Perhaps it is hundreads of years of oppression by the English monarchy?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 12 2010, 08:44 AM) *
Will Manny do something that he shouldn't in an attempt to get some payback for his beloved trainer? Maybe. We'll have to wait and see.

I think him punching Margacheato in the head a couple of hundred times will be sufficient.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 11 2010, 11:24 PM) *
What a wonderful sentiment. Something about Scot's & Aussies seeing eye to eye. Perhaps it is hundreads of years of oppression by the English monarchy?

They'll do that to you!

I take it by the looks of this thread a few people have been penning up anti Roach rants for a while just like me. Method has went ahead and created a perfect storm for us all to unleash our hate for Freddie "dual shock" Roach! Awesome.
STEVENSKI
I don't mind Roach. I just hate when people get all holier than thou regarding Margarito. It is like someone saying Hitler said nasty things about Stalin & that is terrible. Well guess what Stalin is not a good guy either.
mexi-cutioner
I think the big thing is it's a really sensitive issue to Freddie, he's gone on saying how he's struggled and learned to cope with it but you can tell it's something that really effects him and his life. The fact that it's a soft spot and sensitive issue is what made the difference between back and forth pre-fight smack talk and crossing the line. In some ways, it's comparable to making fun of someones dead mother, u just don't do it. Freddie Roach does talk alot of shit but so do a handful of other boxing trainers in the game, u honestly can't blame Roach for being upset and the fact he was able to forgive Margaritos camp for it shows hes a pretty standup guy despite what alot of ppl seem to think.

I do believe that the media however has made this a bigger deal than it reallly is and have framed it in a way that make people automatically shake their head. THe first time i watched it i kinda muttered to myself "that was a dick move" but never really thought about it too much, then the next day i see tons of news articles and the media putting in wayyyyyyyyyyyy to much emphasis on the issue.
JLUVBABY

110% agreed... Freddie put himself in the position to get shit talked about... Cant wait for Marg. to finish the job on lil pac... Freddie wont be ble to control himself... lol...
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (Hoodlum @ Nov 11 2010, 03:20 PM) *

Implying that Roach suffers from Parkinsons' based on his "Grade D" fighting ability is assuming a lot. There are other causes. And, implying its 'open season' and 'ok' to ridicule a fighter who has Parkinsons' based on their sub-par boxing career isn't cool. So, because Ali was good he's off limits from being cracked on because of his plight? He talked more shit than a toilet.

Technically, we shouldn't even be having this conversation. Go ask Panama Lewis why? It's laughable that this goon has been given the opportunity he's been bestowed. Its a joke and its been nothing short of an embarrassment to the sport.

My father died of Parkinsons and a lot of it has to do with family history. Yes, my Dad boxed in the Army but suffered no damage from it whatsoever. But it is very common for prize fighters to have Dementia, Alzheimers and Parkinsons. But with the Lil Roach, Eddie Futch did eveything in his power to teach this guy how to box and he never learned. Not only that, but Roach was just not capable of developing even basic defensive techniques. After 8 or 9 years Eddie finally convinced this guy to retire and be an Asst trainer. Freddie always has a great sense of the sport from his family and the environment he was raised in, but he couldn't fight to save his life. A loss against Bobby Chacon was probably the highlight of his career.
lloyd mayflower
My take on it is this, all jokes aside (for now)

Firstly im not standing behind Marg, Marg is a scumbag for what he did, and imo should have been frozen out of boxing. Roach didn't agree with me and said he believed Marg was innocent. Now hes slating him as a cheat. Well i'm sorry Freddie, but if you had any moral fabric you wouldnt be party to giving the cheat a six figure payday. Freddie left his boxing conscience at the door when he got involved with this fight, and opened himself up when he started the mudslinging. As far as i'm concerned, this is just some name calling between two guys who scrape around the gutter, and Freddie now knows, shit gets nasty in the gutter. Your own medicine always tastes pretty bitter
gravytrain
People forget that the interviewer was trying to get a response like this too, he's going back and forth between camps trying to stir up shit so he could get reactions on camera. Marg and Rios didn't just start making fun of Roach for the sake of doing it, it's probably after being asked a question like "Roach said you're an asshole and you're going to get knocked out. You should also be banned from the sport and charged with attempted murder. how do you feel about that?".
HaydelHammer
Man, forget Freddy "The human aftershock" Roach.

I bet if you give him a shake weight......nah it's too easy..let me stop.
Snoop
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 11 2010, 10:44 PM) *
This ain't finishing school we're talking about here...it's fighting, which has it's roots with the lower class citizens. I mean, in my opinion, getting upset about Margarito imitating Roach is like being upset about a hooker posing nude for Playboy. I mean, when you got a guy shittin on you like Roach has been doing, what the heck do you expect?

So could you say that it was kind of a "low-class" kinda thing to do?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 11 2010, 07:50 PM) *
So could you say that it was kind of a "low-class" kinda thing to do?

come on snoop.. roach been talking shit on marg for how long now?... wasnt too long ago roach was talking bout training dude and giving excuses that he felt like marg had no idea of the wraps... he felt it in his heart roach said... remember that?.. he (roach) is a hypocrite... and we still dont know whats going on in his camps... hasnt he had 2 fighters test positive for bannned substances and his main pupil has been and for some still has a question mark as to rather he is clean or not... roach needs to take hs zanax and chill out and keep his fighter that fights in a couple of days off his road trip tour of the texas bar scene with his comical display of singing act.... boxing was formed by fighters and men that come from the gutter since the beginning of time and pac and marg and most of the rest are no exception.. people shit talk.... its a part of the sport and a part of what made it such a popular event when we have these big fights... roach shit talks... lol...
gravytrain
Alright, Snoop. Answer me this; when is the last time a motherfucker with a mullet had class?
Hoodlum
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 11 2010, 04:47 PM) *

dntknw.gif

Glad you asked! I stand nowhere on obesity, acne, or dwarfism there's no need to and bringing them up is fairly irrelevant but I get your point. Nonetheless, let's get back on topic.
Hoodlum
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 11 2010, 04:52 PM) *
EXACTLY, Hype. And yes, there's your video to prove all the double talk.

No the fuck it's NOT....no more than it is Ali's combo of deteriorating skills/hanging around way too long.

I'm not "IMPLYING" ANYTHING, you little f@ggot. I am flat out SAYING IT...and I am NOT saying it is OK soley because of Freddie's "Grade D" ability. I am SAYING it's OK because FREDDY PROVOKED IT WITH HIS OWN COMMENTS FIRST. UNPROVOKED, Freddy went in on Margarito's lack of ability/skill. Well, Freddie Roach SUCKED as a fighter, and he has the condition as proof.

You understand you ignorant motherfucker? Or do you need it blended up and straw-fed to you.

We just met and you're already calling me a homosexual. LMAO! I can see political correctness is an oxymoron in this bitch. Nonetheless, I've heard through the grapevine that Margarito has made amends.

TO ALL WHO BELIEVE THE INSULT WAS WARRANTED AND RIGHT TO DO...WHY DID MARGARITO APOLOGIZE? BECAUSE AS UNEDUCATED AND DUMB AS HE AND HIS TRAINER ARE, THEY TOO, UNDERSTOOD THEY WENT TOO FAR. PERIOD. END OF STORY. RIGHT AND WRONG.

SATURDAY NIGHT WILL BE THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF MARGARITO' CAREER.
Method
QUOTE (Hoodlum @ Nov 11 2010, 08:49 PM) *
Glad you asked! I stand nowhere on obesity, acne, or dwarfism there's no need to and bringing them up is fairly irrelevant but I get your point. Nonetheless, let's get back on topic.

How are they irrelevant?
Hoodlum
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 11 2010, 10:04 PM) *
How are they irrelevant?

I'm astonished I have to explain this but here we go. The topic of the thread is "Team Margarito mocks Freddie Roach' Parkinson' Disease", no? Asking me where I stand on other diseases is IRRELEVANT to this topic. Do ya get it? I can explain further if you need me to??
Method
Well, I think Freddie's condition, aquired as the result of him being a piss poor boxer, is ABSOLUTELY RELEVANT, AND WELL WITHIN THE LIMITS, ESPECIALLY if Freddie chooses to draw first blood going in on Margarito and his skills? Do YOU get it? Do you wanna go back to the board you crawled out from and explain it to your fucking faggot friends?

For the record, troll, Shane Mosley KO'ing Margarito in a one-sided fight was the "beginning of the end of Margarito's career". Follow the fucking sport.
Romulus9
Method is bringing the A-game today.
Hoodlum
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 11 2010, 10:47 PM) *
Well, I think Freddie's condition, aquired as the result of him being a piss poor boxer, is ABSOLUTELY RELEVANT, AND WELL WITHIN THE LIMITS, ESPECIALLY if Freddie chooses to draw first blood going in on Margarito and his skills? Do YOU get it? Do you wanna go back over to Maxboxing and explain it to your fucking faggot friends?

For the record, troll, Shane Mosley KO'ing MArgarito in a one-sided fight was the "beginning of the end of Margarito's career". Follow the fucking sport.

Dude, are you off your meds? You are a tad hypersensitive. Easy greasy. You sound so angry my man. Its all good. BTW, I'm not a troll and who in Gods name would want to post at Maxboxing? Not me homie. My intellect is far beyond the high school BS at Mixedupxboxing and Dogshitboxing.

After reading a few threads I've ascertained that there is intelligence in this forum, I like that. BTW, the use of profanities is a blatant sign of illiteracy my friend. Learn to express yourself without the bad words. Folks will respect your game if you can spit it without sounding lame. Take heed young fella...

And, you are right, about one thing Shane was the beginning of the end for that burrito

Snoop
QUOTE (Hoodlum @ Nov 12 2010, 02:17 AM) *
I'm astonished I have to explain this but here we go. The topic of the thread is "Team Margarito mocks Freddie Roach' Parkinson' Disease", no? Asking me where I stand on other diseases is IRRELEVANT to this topic. Do ya get it? I can explain further if you need me to??

Apparently you didn't read Hype's response close enough. laugh.gif

come on snoop.. roach been talking shit on marg for how long now?... wasnt too long ago roach was talking bout training dude and giving excuses that he felt like marg had no idea of the wraps... he felt it in his heart roach said... remember that?.. he (roach) is a hypocrite... and we still dont know whats going on in his camps... hasnt he had 2 fighters test positive for bannned substances and his main pupil has been and for some still has a question mark as to rather he is clean or not... roach needs to take hs zanax and chill out and keep his fighter that fights in a couple of days off his road trip tour of the texas bar scene with his comical display of singing act.... boxing was formed by fighters and men that come from the gutter since the beginning of time and pac and marg and most of the rest are no exception.. people shit talk.... its a part of the sport and a part of what made it such a popular event when we have these big fights... roach shit talks... lol...

Alright, Snoop. Answer me this; when is the last time a motherfucker with a mullet had class?

laugh.gif

Dude, I'm kind of fucking with ya'll. I mean I get athlete's talk shit and boxing is one of the last places to expect some straight arrow PC rhetoric, but some people found it offensive. I just empathize with em just because I know a lot of people that have close people in their lives suffering from things like Dementia or Alzheimer's, and they'd be pretty offended at watching something like that.

And since Hype kind of referred to this as "lowerclass behavior" and the whole thing started with someone calling it "classless", I couldn't just pass that up. laugh.gif

I know, I know, semantics and word context, but I'm also kind of an asshole. laugh.gif

In the end, I don't usually take things like this personally, especially when this isn't, well, personal to me. I don't know how I'd feel if there was someone in my life suffering from these diseases. And I know I'm probably a bit more PC than most on this board, but I understand that people like to laugh at these things once in a while. Thing is, it wasn't even done in a funny way to begin with.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Hoodlum @ Nov 12 2010, 04:06 AM) *
BTW, the use of profanities is a blatant sign of illiteracy my friend. Learn to express yourself without the bad words. Folks will respect your game if you can spit it without sounding lame. Take heed young fella...

Little off topic but i'd really love to put that one to bed. The whole "swearing shows a lack of vocabulary and/or intelligence" thing. Seems to me like if I use my full repetoire of swearwords on a regular basis, then thats a good few words extra in my vocabulary over yours.

Just a fucking thought...
gravytrain
I was just joking with the mullet comment, I look at it like this though:

The interviewer was trying to get a response like this from Margarito, Marg just did something in poor taste. Now if Roach never said anything bad about Marg it'd be different, Roach has been trashing Marg pretty badly though. Like it or not Marg took it to a personal level after Roach took it to a personal level on numerous occasions, the only difference is it's different aspects of their respective lives.

BigG
Well its WAR. Its a low blow but I laughed.
King Eugene
This thread is fucking hilarious.

Shit talk is shit talk. I don't give a damn. Once the first verbal attack has been made there are no limits at what is to be said.

I don't know anyone personally dealing with any of those medical conditions so I can't say how I'd respond to it if I did but hell if something is funny I'm going to laugh no matter how fucked up it is.

Don't throw a punch if you cant take one so don't throw out an insult if you can't take one back plain and simple.

With that being said Roach will get the last laugh after Manny whips Margarito but man I'm rooting like hell for Marg.

Nothing but a bunch of coonery thats all. I'm sure no matter who wins, after the fight they'll be praising each other about how tough the other guy was blah blah blah and it will all be forgotten. Just be easy.
Warlord
QUOTE (BigG @ Nov 12 2010, 02:39 AM) *
Its a low blow but I laughed.

U R a fan of low blowz, BigG.

Westside...
Snoop
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 12 2010, 05:19 AM) *
I was just joking with the mullet comment, I look at it like this though:

The interviewer was trying to get a response like this from Margarito, Marg just did something in poor taste. Now if Roach never said anything bad about Marg it'd be different, Roach has been trashing Marg pretty badly though. Like it or not Marg took it to a personal level after Roach took it to a personal level on numerous occasions, the only difference is it's different aspects of their respective lives.

I haven't been keeping up with the 24/7s or the shit talking between the two camps. I just saw the clips. If Roach is taking shit, it's all fair game, but in all truth, I give a shit about that double-talking hypocrite Freddie Roach. I wasn't concerned about his feelings getting hurt or anything, but about Margarito being a dickhead towards people suffering from terminal illnesses. I spend a lot of time around people who have family members suffering from these things and it just gets to you to see how much pain they go through slowly losing their loved ones. But you know, ya'll have a point. This is boxing, not some touchy-lovey feelings club, but again, I took the most offensive at it just being a joke performed poorly. laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
my grandmother passed away with parkinsons disease... it is what it is... but to get offended by what margarito did.. i can understand if someone gets touched by it... but thats life... its ok for roach to hit under the belt repeatedly, but not ok for him to get hit back?... come on... roach put himself in the line of fire for that one...
jlupi
Well, I think Freddie's condition, aquired as the result of him being a piss poor boxer, is ABSOLUTELY RELEVANT, AND WELL WITHIN THE LIMITS, ESPECIALLY if Freddie chooses to draw first blood going in on Margarito and his skills?>>

I disagree. It was in poor taste making fun of both a serious condition and loaded gloves and gives credence to those who thought he was a cheating asshole that should be banned for life. Im sorry but I just dont see anything roach said coming to this level.
mexi-cutioner
It's bullshit that people are actually believe that what Margarito and his team did wasn't all that bad and that Freddie Roach deserved that. Put aside your fucking feelings whether or not you like Freddie Roach doesn't determine whether or not it was okay, it's the fact Roach suffers immensely from this illness that is clearly affecting his life it's a sensitive issue for him. The fact that Margarito,Rios and Garcia felt obligated to put it out and apologize publicly for this just shows that what they did was wrong and they know that.

Roach does his fair share of yapping, but the dude keeps it within the confines of boxing and never takes it to a personal level. There's a difference between good ol' fashion pre-fight shit talk to build up the fight, but it's another to attack someones personal problems and illnesses. Roach poking fun at Margarito and the handwrap incident doesn't even compare to Margarito's team making fun of Roach's illness, Margarito brought that shit upon himself and could've possibly killed Mosley or any other fighter he fought with those handwraps he deserves to have his fucking ass thrown under the bus and scrutinized and I know the guy isn't the brightest tool in the shed but to act like he had no idea what was going on was absolutely ridiculous and then to go and make excuses like he didn't know Roach had fucking Parkinson's disease get the fuck outta here it just comes to show what kinda person he reallly is that fucking gutless coward we'll seee how he feels when one day he gets diagnosed with Parkinsons
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.