Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harrison vs. Haye (Results Expected About 3PM (PT), 5PM (CT), 6PM (ET)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
Don't forget there is another fight getting big press in Britain. Haye vs. Harrison for Haye's WBA Heavyweight Title. Results are expected this afternoon at times indicated in the United States.

Jack
Spyder
England vs Scotland airing right now.
Spyder
The Brits are eating this shit up...the place is packed!
Warlord
RD 1

Gaye iz scared uv Audley'z power. Da 2 men dance around, Audley luring Gaye in2 inactivity. Round 2 Harrizon.
Spyder
Thrilling action in the first round...

Zero punches landed for either fighter...
Warlord
Haye takes da round, Audley lost it on purpose. He wants 2 tire Gaye out. Gaye keeping that left too low. Audley gonna hurt him wit da overhand right later.
Spyder
Fans getting restless at the dazzling display of concentration by both fighters. 3 punches landed for Haye in round 2...which gives him the round.
Warlord
Aw hell, da fite wuz fixed!!! Harrizon wuz luring Gaye in 4 da final stratagem, pretendin to go down, and da ref stops it!

What a disgrace 2 boxing. David Gaye should apologize for this farce.

U da man, Audley.

Westside...
JLUVBABY
hopefully we dont get to see harrison wasting space in a big fight again...
caneman
wow harrison is shit!
Spyder
BY FAR, the worst fight in the last 5 years...maybe longer.
The CEO
I'm ashamed I watched that for free.
caneman
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 13 2010, 05:27 PM) *

It was free and I still want my money back!
The CEO
LOL!.....I'm still in shock by how much of a bitch Harrison was...he reached uncharted bitch territory with that performance....

I've never seen a pro boxer throw a jab and make a scared face because he connected...lol
Snoop
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 13 2010, 10:27 PM) *

laugh.gif

Fuck. That bad eh?
Warlord
Gaye promises he will meet both Klits next year and KO them just like he did Harrison. Says they have nowhere left to run. laugh.gif

Wasn't it Haye's bitch ass who demanded parity, got it, and then STILL refused the fight?

Haha.

Oh well, who can blame him, why get KO'd by a Klit when you can get paid more to fight bums like Audley Harrison.
Spyder
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 13 2010, 05:35 PM) *
laugh.gif

Fuck. That bad eh?

Horrid.
Warlord
RIP 2 da A-Train... cray.gif

1 final time...

Westside...
caneman
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 13 2010, 05:35 PM) *
laugh.gif

Fuck. That bad eh?

wanna see the replay?????
kidbazooka1
Im glad i didn't waste my time on these two weak f*cks.
Jack 1000
What did the Brits see in Harrison?

Jack
Maxy
It was always gonna be a joke.

Props to warlord for bringing a slight bit of comedic interest to an otherwise blatant mismatch.

Harrison landed one punch in the entire fight but Haye was negative in the first two rounds, claiming he had, and his family had, big money on a third round win. Bollocks.

Anyway, no excuses, no clauses, no crap whatsoever...he signs to fight a Klit next or he fucks right off.

Oh, and the dumb twats who paid for this bullshit....

....stupid cunts, how fuckin' dumb do you feel now?
Maxy
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 13 2010, 05:51 PM) *
What did the Brits see in Harrison?

Jack

Absolutely nothing mate.

They did a great job selling this farce to the general public. Boxing fans knew the score, were never sold on Harrison and never thought he had a hope.

Haye made 5 mill for this shit.

A lot of mugs are wondering why they paid 15 quid for what was basically a complete load of crap. Haye may be smiling now but I swear he has lost even the casual no thing fan after this shit.
Run and Gun Game Calls
wow Harrison was actually looking for a place to lay down
gravytrain
Sounds like this fight was really shitty.
Warlord
Yeah, the fight was, as expected, a dud.

I think everybody and their momma was somehow, someway, hoping that Audley Harrison could... I don't know... land a punch and somehow finish the David Gaye farce once and for all.

But of course, it was Audley Harrison he was in the ring with. Did someone say Audley landed a punch? I watched the fight, and watched the immediate replay afterwards to confirm it (I'm a masochist, I know.) And I never saw Harrison land a fucking punch. Wow.

Now we get another 6 months to a year of David Gaye running his mouth about the Klitchsko brothers, only to bitch out in the end. And of course the one or two requisite haters who hate them so much that they're gonna get behind Gaye the way I got behind Harrison... only they're gonna be doing it for real, lol. laugh.gif

Audley should be disgusted with himself. David Gaye is shit, and he keeps that left WAY too low, and will get MASSACRED by the first fighter that can drop a stiff right hand over the top of it. Unfortunately for us all, Audley "no force" Harrison decided he was gonna Willie Pep it for 12 rounds, and try to win without punching.
gbh32001
What a shame...Margarito has more pride than these two farce..
ROLL DEEP
Although the fight was shit, I can't really blame Haye for taking this fight to make an easy 5 mil.

It annoys me that he talked shit about the Klits and then ended up fighting 'Ordinary' Harrison, but i can't blame a man for wanting an easy fight to make some money and add another defence to his belt.

It was a master plan between him and Booth - sold out MEN arena, an expected 700,000 PPV buys, an easy nights work, lots of hype about him fighting the Klits now - job's done!
Maxy
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Nov 15 2010, 11:16 AM) *
Although the fight was shit, I can't really blame Haye for taking this fight to make an easy 5 mil.

It annoys me that he talked shit about the Klits and then ended up fighting 'Ordinary' Harrison, but i can't blame a man for wanting an easy fight to make some money and add another defence to his belt.

It was a master plan between him and Booth - sold out MEN arena, an expected 700,000 PPV buys, an easy nights work, lots of hype about him fighting the Klits now - job's done!

I'd agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that Haye has done immeasurable harm to British boxing. Lets forget the Harrison farce for a minute and rewind to the Valuev fight, his highest profile, most hyped bout prior to Saturday night. He enticed the casual fan back to boxing by talking about how he was going to destroy this giant, how he was going to blast him out in devastating fashion. What did he eventually serve up? Yep, a negative, tentative snooze-fest which left many fans asking the question, "why did I buy into this?"

I was worried by all the hype Haye-Harrison was generating because I'd watched Audley for 10 years and knew he never stood a chance. Was he suddenly going to change after a decade of fighting scared? Not a chance of it. Anyway, the media in their quest to turn this shambolic event into the so called "biggest fight in Britain for 17 years" bewitched the general public into shelling out 15 quid a pop for what was always gonna be a farce. Call them naive, call them intrigued, but at the end of the day David Haye tricked the foolish into buying this fight and then repaid them with the rubbish he, and his so called enemy, dumped on the nation Saturday night.

Never again, that is what the casual fan is now saying. They rightfully feel ripped off, duped, tricked, robbed blind...whatever way you look at it they were fleeced of their money, whether ringside (for a weak bill all-round) or the 15 quid they stumped up to see it live on Sky.

Boxing fans will move on. Shit happens and it wasn't a surprise, but the casual fan will now seek their thrills elsewhere and turn their backs on boxing. This is all down to David fucking Haye. Audley cannot be blamed for Saturday night. He's always been useless, always been a fraud, always fought scared. Haye knew this, Haye knew he was ripping off the public and for that I now despise the man.

Unforgivable.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Maxy @ Nov 15 2010, 01:03 PM) *
I'd agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that Haye has done immeasurable harm to British boxing. Lets forget the Harrison farce for a minute and rewind to the Valuev fight, his highest profile, most hyped bout prior to Saturday night. He enticed the casual fan back to boxing by talking about how he was going to destroy this giant, how he was going to blast him out in devastating fashion. What did he eventually serve up? Yep, a negative, tentative snooze-fest which left many fans asking the question, "why did I buy into this?"

I was worried by all the hype Haye-Harrison was generating because I'd watched Audley for 10 years and knew he never stood a chance. Was he suddenly going to change after a decade of fighting scared? Not a chance of it. Anyway, the media in their quest to turn this shambolic event into the so called "biggest fight in Britain for 17 years" bewitched the general public into shelling out 15 quid a pop for what was always gonna be a farce. Call them naive, call them intrigued, but at the end of the day David Haye tricked the foolish into buying this fight and then repaid them with the rubbish he, and his so called enemy, dumped on the nation Saturday night.

Never again, that is what the casual fan is now saying. They rightfully feel ripped off, duped, tricked, robbed blind...whatever way you look at it they were fleeced of their money, whether ringside (for a weak bill all-round) or the 15 quid they stumped up to see it live on Sky.

Boxing fans will move on. Shit happens and it wasn't a surprise, but the casual fan will now seek their thrills elsewhere and turn their backs on boxing. This is all down to David fucking Haye. Audley cannot be blamed for Saturday night. He's always been useless, always been a fraud, always fought scared. Haye knew this, Haye knew he was ripping off the public and for that I now despise the man.

Unforgivable.

Did they really call the fight "the biggest one in 17 years"? If so that's pretty tasteless. I doubt many Brits are going to buy another Haye fight unless he's fighting a Klitschko.
Maxy
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 15 2010, 01:39 PM) *
Did they really call the fight "the biggest one in 17 years"? If so that's pretty tasteless. I doubt many Brits are going to buy another Haye fight unless he's fighting a Klitschko.

Yeah, they spouted so much bullshit in the run up to this farce that it became totally cringe-worthy.

The thing is, will the casual fan, or the slightly interested punter, want to lay more money down to see Haye fight a Klitschko? After-all, the Klitschko's can't be as tough as Valuev cos they ain't as tall and they don't weigh as much.

Seriously, I've actually heard people speak like that.

For me, Haye has given boxing in Britain a massive kick in the balls. I just hope the pain recedes quick enough for people to accept that boxing is still a premier sport.
STEVENSKI
I hear they are trying to withold Harrisons purse. They should also withold Hayes seeing as he has admitted carrying Harrison until the third as he had advised his family & friends that he would carry Harrison until the third.

British boxing just went back into the dark ages & those two pricks are to blame.
gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 15 2010, 04:30 PM) *
I hear they are trying to withold Harrisons purse. They should also withold Hayes seeing as he has admitted carrying Harrison until the third as he had advised his family & friends that he would carry Harrison until the third.

British boxing just went back into the dark ages & those two pricks are to blame.

LOL you serious? Haye says "yeah, i waited till the 3rd because my friends had money on it" and they're witholding Harrison's purse?
Fitz
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/probe-in...f-1225954151426

BRITISH boxing chiefs are looking into a claim by WBA heavyweight champion David Haye that he bet on himself to beat Audley Harrison in the third round of their world title fight at the weekend.

After stopping his fellow Englishman in the third round of the fight in Manchester, defending champion Haye boasted that he, his friends and family had made money by betting on a third-round defeat of Harrison.

Haye later denied placing a bet on the fight himself, either directly or indirectly, but his comments did little to add a fight widely condemned in Britain as being a travesty of a world title bout.

Now the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBC) will look into Haye's remarks at their next monthly meeting in December.

"The board will consider the comments in their next meeting, we're not going to call an immediate inquiry, we're just going to carry on as normal,'' BBBC board secretary Robert Smith said.

"We will meet up in December as the board always does, every month. We look at the pitfalls of every show and David's comments will be looked at and we'll take it from there.

"I was at the show and I didn't hear (the initial comments) at the time, I heard it last night and it's disappointing because first and foremost it is a breach of the board's rules and regulations.

"Just like any other sport, we are being looked at very closely with regard to betting at this present time, and we don't need (anyone else) saying he has definitely done this and definitely done that.

"I think (Haye) did just get caught up in the heat of the moment after the fight, but we will have to consider it further.''

Earlier, Smith had little truck with suggestions Haye had gone easy in the opening two rounds so as to match his pre-fight prediction likening the desperately disappointing first two rounds to the recent football match between bitter Welsh rivals Cardiff City and Swansea City.

"I don't think so,'' he said. "I was at the fight and to be honest with you, both of them were scared to get beaten, I think, in the first round.

As for suggestions Sydney Olympic champion Harrison would be stripped of his purse, Smith said: "We'll consider the reports. We have powers to withhold the money of any boxer we do not think has given 100 per cent.

"I think it would be extremely harsh to withhold money from him. However, the board will look at it when all the reports come in. But I wouldn't have thought so.''
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 16 2010, 08:46 AM) *
LOL you serious? Haye says "yeah, i waited till the 3rd because my friends had money on it" and they're witholding Harrison's purse?

They are saying it is for lack of effort on Harrisons part. I feel that they should strip Haye of his entire purse for "fixing" the result.
Fitz
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/probe-in...f-1225954151426

BRITISH boxing chiefs are looking into a claim by WBA heavyweight champion David Haye that he bet on himself to beat Audley Harrison in the third round of their world title fight at the weekend.

After stopping his fellow Englishman in the third round of the fight in Manchester, defending champion Haye boasted that he, his friends and family had made money by betting on a third-round defeat of Harrison.

Haye later denied placing a bet on the fight himself, either directly or indirectly, but his comments did little to add a fight widely condemned in Britain as being a travesty of a world title bout.

Now the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBC) will look into Haye's remarks at their next monthly meeting in December.

"The board will consider the comments in their next meeting, we're not going to call an immediate inquiry, we're just going to carry on as normal,'' BBBC board secretary Robert Smith said.

"We will meet up in December as the board always does, every month. We look at the pitfalls of every show and David's comments will be looked at and we'll take it from there.

"I was at the show and I didn't hear (the initial comments) at the time, I heard it last night and it's disappointing because first and foremost it is a breach of the board's rules and regulations.

"Just like any other sport, we are being looked at very closely with regard to betting at this present time, and we don't need (anyone else) saying he has definitely done this and definitely done that.

"I think (Haye) did just get caught up in the heat of the moment after the fight, but we will have to consider it further.''

Earlier, Smith had little truck with suggestions Haye had gone easy in the opening two rounds so as to match his pre-fight prediction likening the desperately disappointing first two rounds to the recent football match between bitter Welsh rivals Cardiff City and Swansea City.

"I don't think so,'' he said. "I was at the fight and to be honest with you, both of them were scared to get beaten, I think, in the first round.

As for suggestions Sydney Olympic champion Harrison would be stripped of his purse, Smith said: "We'll consider the reports. We have powers to withhold the money of any boxer we do not think has given 100 per cent.

"I think it would be extremely harsh to withhold money from him. However, the board will look at it when all the reports come in. But I wouldn't have thought so.''
Fitz
Didn't Hopkins put money on himself when he fought Trinidad? Like $10,000? I thought he used the money he got paid for, with the advertisement on his back.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 16 2010, 09:12 AM) *
Didn't Hopkins put money on himself when he fought Trinidad? Like $10,000? I thought he used the money he got paid for, with the advertisement on his back.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a athlete backing themselves to win. I think there is something seriously wrong when they bet on "exotics" & then deliberately carry their opponent until they stop them in the desired round.

As I said there is nothing wrong with a athlete betting on themselves to win but if they manipulate the results such as margins or point spreads or on the round they will win then there is a big margin for trickerations & skullduggery.

Haye is a disgrace to boxing & a disgrace to England.
gravytrain
I was thinking about trying to put something witty or even just responding to both of you but I'm at a loss for words. With that being said, LOL this shit is incomprehensible.
The CEO
Damning video evidence....Haye clearly says, "Now!" to Harrison before he commences his stoppage salvos...

When I watched it live via stream, I thought Harrison was simply going for The Pussy of The Year Award...not so sure now...

thumbsdown_anim.gif
Maxy
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 17 2010, 10:20 AM) *
Damning video evidence....Haye clearly says, "Now!" to Harrison before he commences his stoppage salvos...

When I watched it live via stream, I thought Harrison was simply going for The Pussy of The Year Award...not so sure now...

thumbsdown_anim.gif

Mate, that is taken from The Sun newspaper. Perhaps some of their ever so eloquent, highly intelligent readers see that as damning evidence as to how Haye was able to beat a forever useless, outmatched bum so easily.
The CEO
???

That was taken from the fight...that's actual fight footage...lol

Do you or do you not see him nod his head and say, "Now!" before he attacks..?

It looks really bad...in hindsight, Audley landing 1 punch and making that scared face.....yeah.

Just face it, man...there's something rotten in England.
Spyder
I don't know man...lol...I don't really see the point of fixing a forgone conclusion fight.
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ Nov 17 2010, 03:10 PM) *
I don't know man...lol...I don't really see the point of fixing a forgone conclusion fight.

You wouldn't think so...but then there's the details about Haye and his 3rd round betting...
JD
David Haye was adopting the Francois Botha warning yell approach.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 17 2010, 04:39 PM) *

laugh.gif

If a fight were to be fixed in front of a million plus viewers, I doubt they would've relied on a head nod and a 'now' as a signal as to when it's time to take a fall - that's a bit....well, obvious.

It did look as though he said 'now', but I don't think if they're THAT stupid to do that.

Harrison - who always fights scared - was scared and the occasion got the better of him....let alone not being good enough in the first place anyway.
The CEO
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 17 2010, 04:13 PM) *
LOL. I have watched it about 10 times in a row and I have seen nothing clear. No doubt Harrison was a bitch, but I didn't see any of that. I saw him make a head nod and that was about it, lol.

Just a question, do you often believe in conspiracy theories? lol.

You didn't see him step back, set himself, then nod his head and say, "Now!"....lol...yeah...ok.

Should I point out the time frame?....it's happens during the :06-:09 part of the :19 video...lol

and to answer your question....outside of Boxing?....no....I don't point out potential Corruption or subscribe to Conspiracy Theories...

You KNOW there's been Corruption/Politics in Boxing though, right?....lol....ohhhhh, Fitzy.
The CEO
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 17 2010, 04:39 PM) *

QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Nov 17 2010, 05:10 PM) *
laugh.gif

If a fight were to be fixed in front of a million plus viewers, I doubt they would've relied on a head nod and a 'now' as a signal as to when it's time to take a fall - that's a bit....well, obvious.

It did look as though he said 'now', but I don't think if they're THAT stupid to do that.

Harrison - who always fights scared - was scared and the occasion got the better of him....let alone not being good enough in the first place anyway.

LMAO @ The Warning Yell Theory.

That's probably all it was...he was saying "Now!" as if to say "Here is the part where I destroy you.".

David Haye must be the reincarnation of Conan The Barbarian...

Warlord
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 17 2010, 09:20 AM) *

thumbsdown_anim.gif

I told u guyz da fite wuz fixed. No way dat bum DaVID Gaye could beat da A-Train, Audley Harrizon.

Dis iz da classic Jake LaMotta/Ray Robinson case, where da superior fighter haz been forced 2 take a dive by some shadowy group 4 nefarious purposez.

I'm completely dizgusted by dis.

Westside...
The CEO
QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 17 2010, 08:57 PM) *
I told u guyz da fite wuz fixed. No way dat bum DaVID Gaye could beat da A-Train, Audley Harrizon.

Dis iz da classic Jake LaMotta/Ray Robinson case, where da superior fighter haz been forced 2 take a dive by some shadowy group 4 nefarious purposez.

I'm completely dizgusted by dis.

Westside...

LOL....I can only imagine how you must feel, bomber...but think about it this way.....if A-Force was in on the 3rd round deal, he got EXTRA paid.

You know it's all about The Pounds, bredren....TRUSS!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.