Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So for the $100 millon question!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
caneman
I would like to think Pacman vs Mayweather can be made but honestly, I thought it was the fight we should have been watching last night! There are a lot of egos in the mix to get the fight signed & I think parts of it could be really hard! I KNOW Pacman needs to take the tests & I think he should but I also think Floyd has to do his part to get the fight done! I have a feeling that now Floyd will want more than a 50/50 split for some reason!

All I know is that is the fight I wanna see & I think it's the fight we all want! I wonder if Floyd's legal issues could get in the way! Shit if so we may never see the fight as I don't see Pacman staying around much longer & truly feel Floyd only came back to fight Pacman! I just wanna see those 2 styles in the ring together. Thoughts?
Praximo
I truly think Floyd just piles up his excuses into a whole, just to stay away from pacman. And it pretty much tells you that he just wants to go down in history as an undefeated fighter.
caneman
QUOTE (Praximo @ Nov 14 2010, 11:20 AM) *
I truly think Floyd just piles up his excuses into a whole, just to stay away from pacman. And it pretty much tells you that he just wants to go down in history as an undefeated fighter.

I have thought that a few times but not sure really! I know Pacman gets a lot of blame for the fight not happening when he DID AGREE to the drug testing! I do believe that he will have to take those test & have no cut off date. So many think that PBF stops or kills Pacman & I am not so sure about that...I think PBF probably wins a UD but I think it would be interesting as hell to see those 2 styles in a fight & seeing both guys possibly hurt! I think it would be a very tough fight but in many ways see too many things getting in the way!

Pacman said it's great if the fight is made but feels he don't need PBF to complete his legacy & I agree really! I think Pacman has had a much better career even if PBF has more skills. Fights are won in the ring for the most part & I wanna see what would be the biggest fight in history!
Mean Mister Mustard
Like you said Cane, too many egos in the scene to make the fight negotiations go smoothly. That being said, who else is left to fight for either guy? Hype said Mosley might be going to Top Rank, so maybe Pacquiao fights Mosley. The public would not like it at first, but you saw how last night's fight was eventually accepted by the public.

There's tons of money in a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, and maybe after seeing the slow Jar of Molasses hit Pacquiao flush, Mayweather will realize he doesn't need the random blood tests, and finally signs the fight.
caneman
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 14 2010, 11:38 AM) *
Like you said Cane, too many egos in the scene to make the fight negotiations go smoothly. That being said, who else is left to fight for either guy? Hype said Mosley might be going to Top Rank, so maybe Pacquiao fights Mosley. The public would not like it at first, but you saw how last night's fight was eventually accepted by the public.

There's tons of money in a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, and maybe after seeing the slow Jar of Molasses hit Pacquiao flush, Mayweather will realize he doesn't need the random blood tests, and finally signs the fight.

Agreed but I don't think the testing will be an issue myself! Only the cut off could but I really think Pacman ditch the cut off to make the fight!

What is the latest on PBF's legal status? When is the hearing?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 14 2010, 11:42 AM) *
Agreed but I don't think the testing will be an issue myself! Only the cut off could but I really think Pacman ditch the cut off to make the fight!

What is the latest on PBF's legal status? When is the hearing?

I really doubt Pacquiao ditches the 12 day cutoff. The Pacquiao camp seem to really hate the idea of blood testing.
caneman
Too freaking funny IMO!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 14 2010, 11:56 AM) *

The guy who wrote that probably never saw Margarito fight before.
jvo1800
These are my thoughts and i know people are going to disagree, but lets face it Pac is a good fighter but they are obviously trying to create a good guy to beat the bad guy (Mayweather). They are putting Pac in the ring with big name guys who have already been previously destroyed b4 they got into the ring with Manny and after he beats them they call it the greatest thing in the world to add more hype and pressure on Floyd. If u know boxing, u would already see the matchup advantages that Manny has going into the fight. Anybody who thought this would be a good fight is crazy as hell. For the people who think Floyd is scared are crazy as hell too, Mayweather is a business man FIRST so he's allowing Pac to build up as much popularity as possible to gain the biggest payday ever because Floyd is already the cash cow so he doesnt have to beat another soul until he fights Manny. Just to set the record straight Manny DID NOT agree to all of the terms of the testing so i wish people would stop saying that cause he still wants a cut off day he just trimmed it down a few more days to close the gap a lil bit. At the end of the day Floyd is in a lose/lose situation because if they fight and he wins they are going to blame it on something like "Oh Manny was focused on politics and thats why he lost" or some other bullshit. Take the test Manny, Shane did it whats ur excuse??????????
tymoney
Me, I wish Floyd will say fuck the blood tests and just go in there and beat his ass. And I wish Pacman will say fuck it ill take a blood test everyday and still whoop his ass. I mean, i been with Floyd throughout this whole argument but at this point i really could care less on whos right/wrong im not getting paid to take sides. I dont give a fuck who compromise and bow down to the other demands.. all that shit is irrelevant. For the sake of boxing, make the fuckin fight happen, period!
gbh32001
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Nov 15 2010, 01:48 AM) *
These are my thoughts and i know people are going to disagree, but lets face it Pac is a good fighter but they are obviously trying to create a good guy to beat the bad guy (Mayweather). They are putting Pac in the ring with big name guys who have already been previously destroyed b4 they got into the ring with Manny and after he beats them they call it the greatest thing in the world to add more hype and pressure on Floyd. If u know boxing, u would already see the matchup advantages that Manny has going into the fight. Anybody who thought this would be a good fight is crazy as hell. For the people who think Floyd is scared are crazy as hell too, Mayweather is a business man FIRST so he's allowing Pac to build up as much popularity as possible to gain the biggest payday ever because Floyd is already the cash cow so he doesnt have to beat another soul until he fights Manny. Just to set the record straight Manny DID NOT agree to all of the terms of the testing so i wish people would stop saying that cause he still wants a cut off day he just trimmed it down a few more days to close the gap a lil bit. At the end of the day Floyd is in a lose/lose situation because if they fight and he wins they are going to blame it on something like "Oh Manny was focused on politics and thats why he lost" or some other bullshit. Take the test Manny, Shane did it whats ur excuse??????????
Even Manny would agree to random blood testing..The million dollar question now is "are you going to jail Floyd? thumbsup_anim.gif
darroy
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Nov 14 2010, 12:48 PM) *

well to set the record straight i coulda swore on the video floyd posted back in september making those stupid remarks about manny that HE floyd himself said manny had agreed to everything! i don't think floyd is letting manny build up a bigger name floyd's hoping either he loses so he won't have to fight him or that like max kellerman said he sees some slippage in manny b4 he fights him. if floyd were 100% certain he would win this fight easily this fight woulda happened last night but there's doubt in his mind and his family's minds as well. floyd is great but the man is just a little spooked at what he sees in manny.
gravytrain
I think it depends entirely on how many PPV buys Pac/Margarito gets. If it's anything close to 1.5 million then Arum is going to tell Mayweather to fuck off unless he plays ball, then he'll just match Pac up against Cotto again or the winner of Foreman/Chavez Jr for a 9th division title. If the sells aren't great then Arum might actually have to negotiate with Mayweather and I'm thinking the fight just might get made.
gbh32001
QUOTE (darroy @ Nov 15 2010, 03:01 AM) *
well to set the record straight i coulda swore on the video floyd posted back in september making those stupid remarks about manny that HE floyd himself said manny had agreed to everything! i don't think floyd is letting manny build up a bigger name floyd's hoping either he loses so he won't have to fight him or that like max kellerman said he sees some slippage in manny b4 he fights him. if floyd were 100% certain he would win this fight easily this fight woulda happened last night but there's doubt in his mind and his family's minds as well. floyd is great but the man is just a little spooked at what he sees in manny.
Floyd is the most cunning boxer of all time better than SRL. Floyd is a boxer and a very good businessman too. Teddy Atlas nailed it in his last phrase here...http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=5805223&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines
jvo1800
QUOTE (darroy @ Nov 14 2010, 02:01 PM) *
, he will
The thing about it is Floyd has alot going on right now with his legal issues, he suppose to be gettin married in January i think, so i really dont think he's that concerned about boxing RIGHT NOW. Floyd's definitley not scared and Manny has agreed to the testing but he wants to stop at like 12 days or something like that and that aint the terms of Floyd's request simple and plain. Floyd can expose Manny at his BEST, so he definitely aint waitin for any slippage (thats hilarious). The thing people gotta realize is that Floyd does what he wanna do when he wants to do it he's not gonna make a foolish move to shut us up, he will fight when Manny agrees to EVERYTHING i Guarantee it.
Maxy
As far as I'm concerned, Manny has the better resume, has been in the better fights and don't need Floyd at all. Floyd, for all the fan boys out there, is overrated and to define his career he needs Pac.

If he wants to pretend he's something special above 135 he needs to prove it by beating Pac. If he wants to play games, fuck him. He doesn't warrant the attention and history won't remember him as favourably as he likes to think.

I'm not convinced he would beat Pac and whilst that doubt remains, it's Pac, not Floyd, who holds all the cards.
Method
After Roach was demanding on-the-scene pre-fight anti-doping tests 1/2 hour before Manny and Margarito squared off, I think they just burned any kind of "cut-off date" card they may have had.

Shouldnt matter if everything is on the level.

Get it the fuck on.
JLUVBABY
I have to admit.... after watching that thrashing last night im 65 35 sure may beats pac... but the less mayweather fights the more intriguing that fight is becoming... it needs to happen and i cant see neither guy leaving the type of money on the table thats setting out there... they are both coming off very solid wins and the fight cant be any bigger than it is now.... i'm sure mayweathers not going to jail so thats not gonna be a roadblock.. like i said last night neither really have anything else to prove other than who is the better fighter out of the two... pac, im sure is not gonna fight for a middleweight championship weighing 144, he's obviously found his peak weight and dont wanna fight to much higher than 147 or 148... lol... so whats next?... no need for pac to fight mosley, he's busting mosely up... i called that months ago... they need to fight each other or make way for the new blood in the sport... thats my opinion...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 14 2010, 03:26 PM) *
I have to admit.... after watching that thrashing last night im 65 35 sure may beats pac... but the less mayweather fights the more intriguing that fight is becoming... it needs to happen and i cant see neither guy leaving the type of money on the table thats setting out there... they are both coming off very solid wins and the fight cant be any bigger than it is now.... i'm sure mayweathers not going to jail so thats not gonna be a roadblock.. like i said last night neither really have anything else to prove other than who is the better fighter out of the two... pac, im sure is not gonna fight for a middleweight championship weighing 144, he's obviously found his peak weight and dont wanna fight to much higher than 147 or 148... lol... so whats next?... no need for pac to fight mosley, he's busting mosely up... i called that months ago... they need to fight each other or make way for the new blood in the sport... thats my opinion...

What makes you think it'd be at 160? They'd make Chavez Jr cut to 156. He'd be dead on his feet. It'd be just like Pac/Margarito except Chavez Jr honestly wouldn't be capable of doing anything in any round.

Check ESPN, they've a poll up asking if Mayweather will fight Pac and 52% are saying no right now. I think it'll probably go to 60/40. If this was a strong PPV and with support of Pac already pretty high Arum isn't going to give Mayweather anything. If Mayweather doesn't agree to their terms they're going to go fight Cotto again or some bullshit and everything will get blamed on Mayweather.

QUOTE (Method @ Nov 14 2010, 03:25 PM) *
After Roach was demanding on-the-scene pre-fight anti-doping tests 1/2 hour before Manny and Margarito squared off, I think they just burned any kind of "cut-off date" card they may have had.

Get it the fuck on.

I think he just needs to follow the testing required by the state commission LOL. Roach and Pac don't make the rules.
darroy
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Nov 14 2010, 02:26 PM) *
, he will
The thing about it is Floyd has alot going on right now with his legal issues, he suppose to be gettin married in January i think, so i really dont think he's that concerned about boxing RIGHT NOW. Floyd's definitley not scared and Manny has agreed to the testing but he wants to stop at like 12 days or something like that and that aint the terms of Floyd's request simple and plain. Floyd can expose Manny at his BEST, so he definitely aint waitin for any slippage (thats hilarious). The thing people gotta realize is that Floyd does what he wanna do when he wants to do it he's not gonna make a foolish move to shut us up, he will fight when Manny agrees to EVERYTHING i Guarantee it.

floyd said in the video manny agreed to EVERYTHING! he said nothing about cut off dates or anything my man. you obviously are a mayweather fan and that's fine ( i don't care for either guy), but it's HE not manny that's holding this fight up right now. and as far as floyd's "request" who the hell made him commissioner of boxing all the sudden? floyd wouldn't even bother with drug testing if he was absolutely sure he'd win this fight and i actually think he prolly would win which makes all this ridiculous. floyd doesn't fight when he wants to. he fights when he owes people money.
SmartyBeardo
Personally, I don't give a shit about a Pac v PBF fight anymore. Sure, it would be great if it were to happen, but there are plenty of good, legit matchups happening without this bullshit.

The best fight of the night (by light years) was Jones v Karass. Last week's Marquez v Lopez fight was the shit. Next week's SMartinez v PWill war will be better than all of PBF's and Pac's work in the last 2 years put together. JMM v Katsidis can't miss. Maidana v Khan is what boxing is all about.

Boxing is alive and well, with or without Pac and/or PBF, let alone whether or not the to prima dona camps figure out how to put together a fight.

Honestly, I would rather see Pac fight Khan or Bradley or Ortiz or Maidana or Matthysse or Judah and PBF fight SMartinez or PWill or Berto or anythefuckbody that is for real.

They don't need each other and boxing does not need them.
Fitz
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 15 2010, 07:25 AM) *

Get it the fuck on.

What happened here?
gbh32001
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 15 2010, 05:32 AM) *
Personally, I don't give a shit about a Pac v PBF fight anymore. Sure, it would be great if it were to happen, but there are plenty of good, legit matchups happening without this bullshit.

The best fight of the night (by light years) was Jones v Karass. Last week's Marquez v Lopez fight was the shit. Next week's SMartinez v PWill war will be better than all of PBF's and Pac's work in the last 2 years put together. JMM v Katsidis can't miss. Maidana v Khan is what boxing is all about.

Boxing is alive and well, with or without Pac and/or PBF, let alone whether or not the to prima dona camps figure out how to put together a fight.

Honestly, I would rather see Pac fight Khan or Bradley or Ortiz or Maidana or Matthysse or Judah and PBF fight SMartinez or PWill or Berto or anythefuckbody that is for real.

As famous phrase of Lampley of nuthugging"indeed"..Boxing doesn't need Floyd vs Pac.There's a lot of good fights this end of the year and the beginning of the next year. If Pac-Floyd will going to happen, I believe it will further drown the boxing into disappointment because the end result will not meet the taste of the fans watching. What do you expect with Floyd?and Pac to think how great Floyd is will time his oppurtunity to wait Floyd gets mistake, vice-versa.The most posible scenario is a 10 punch thrown per round for both fighters, one landing 9 and the other landing 1.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 15 2010, 08:32 AM) *

I see your point but people would say

Khan = chinny & has been KO'd before
Bradley = Decent fight but when he loses he would be a contender thrown in with the wolf.
Ortiz = a proven quitter who is undserving of a chance.
Maidana = Argentinian cab driver/never beaten anyone of note
Matthyese = too green already lost to Judah/Argentinian cab driver
Judah = washed up undeserving bum/PBF's leftovers

Margarito is a better fight to be made than any of the above fighters with the exception of Bradley who is a unknown quality & certainly will not generate big PPV buys.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 14 2010, 03:04 PM) *
I see your point but people would say

Khan = chinny & has been KO'd before
Bradley = Decent fight but when he loses he would be a contender thrown in with the wolf.
Ortiz = a proven quitter who is undserving of a chance.
Maidana = Argentinian cab driver/never beaten anyone of note
Matthyese = too green already lost to Judah/Argentinian cab driver
Judah = washed up undeserving bum/PBF's leftovers

Margarito is a better fight to be made than any of the above fighters with the exception of Bradley who is a unknown quality & certainly will not generate big PPV buys.

Margarito was a safer fight. It was in no possible way the better fight.

The only reason I listed most of those guys is that they are legit 140 pounders. Sure, Pac would very likely beat any of them right now (definitely would be favored), but there would be no asterisks in my opinion. Pac has not fought a legit fight in years.

You sell Bradley, Khan et al short. I'd watch Khan v Maidana or Bradley v Alexander all day v Margarito v Pac.

Again, IMO, the only real differnce between Pac and Cotto is when they fought Margarito. Margarito destroys Pac with loaded gloves. Cotto destroys a ruined Pac. Cotto ruthlessly dispatches with Margarito last night.

Last night's fight was entertaining, but it was nowhere near legit. Margarito is no longer capable of being legit.

By the way, Bradley might just take Pac apart, and Khan might just spear him to death.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 15 2010, 09:19 AM) *
Margarito was a safer fight. It was in no possible way the better fight.

The only reason I listed most of those guys is that they are legit 140 pounders. Sure, Pac would very likely beat any of them right now (definitely would be favored), but there would be no asterisks in my opinion. Pac has not fought a legit fight in years.

You sell Bradley, Khan et al short. I'd watch Khan v Maidana or Bradley v Alexander all day v Margarito v Pac.

Again, IMO, the only real differnce between Pac and Cotto is when they fought Margarito. Margarito destroys Pac with loaded gloves. Cotto destroys a ruined Pac. Cotto ruthlessly dispatches with Margarito last night.

Last night's fight was entertaining, but it was nowhere near legit. Margarito is no longer capable of being legit.

By the way, Bradley might just take Pac apart, and Khan might just spear him to death.

But Pac is not fighting at 140 he is fighting at 147 + so therefore all the 140lb fighters you mentioned would be "too small". The only fighter you listed that I would give even 1/2 a chance against Pac is Bradley & even then it would be a slim chance. Khan would have his career ended by Pac. Unless you somehow see him lasting 12 without getting lit up by Pac laugh.gif .

How about all these 140lbers fight each other (which they are doing) & then whoever stands on top of the pile earns the right to challenge Pac. Because based on their current achievements none are fit to step in the ring with Pac.

Pac is the top dog P4P & that is all there is to it until someone knocks him off the perch.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 14 2010, 03:42 PM) *
But Pac is not fighting at 140 he is fighting at 147 + so therefore all the 140lb fighters you mentioned would be "too small". The only fighter you listed that I would give even 1/2 a chance against Pac is Bradley & even then it would be a slim chance. Khan would have his career ended by Pac. Unless you somehow see him lasting 12 without getting lit up by Pac laugh.gif .

How about all these 140lbers fight each other (which they are doing) & then whoever stands on top of the pile earns the right to challenge Pac. Because based on their current achievements none are fit to step in the ring with Pac.

Pac is the top dog P4P & that is all there is to it until someone knocks him off the perch.

Margarito was fit to step in the ring with Pac but Bradley and Khan (if they get by their next fights) are not "fit to step in the ring with Pac"?

So are you arguing that Pac would be drained if he had to fight at 140?

Fine.

Fight Berto (if he wins his next fight).

In order to be knocked off that perch you have put him on, Pac has to give a legit opponent an opportunity.

PBF is still P4P #1 on my list. But there are numerous fighters in position to challenge both PBF and Pac.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 14 2010, 04:48 PM) *
What happened here?

Team Margarito had Hydroxycut in his dressing room, team Pac objected. The official in the room basically said it's on Marg as to whether or not he wants to take it and Roac said the ephedra would be out of his system after the fight. With that in mind he wanted a pre-fight drug test.
Fitz
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 15 2010, 10:02 AM) *
Team Margarito had Hydroxycut in his dressing room, team Pac objected. The official in the room basically said it's on Marg as to whether or not he wants to take it and Roac said the ephedra would be out of his system after the fight. With that in mind he wanted a pre-fight drug test.

Nice, must have missed that.

I have taken hydroxycut before and plan on taking it soon.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 14 2010, 06:43 PM) *

What for, to lose weight? There are better options. If you just take it and maintain the same diet you'll really just let your body eat away at your muscle then make it easier to retain fat. Or did you mean you take it before fights LOL?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 15 2010, 09:57 AM) *
Margarito was fit to step in the ring with Pac but Bradley and Khan (if they get by their next fights) are not "fit to step in the ring with Pac"?

Well Margarito is a 147lb fighter who is a bigger name & is worth more $$ than a Bradley & Khan fight put together. As we all know boxing is a mix of matching the best fighters that will make the most money. Margarito even as a low cheat still brought a large Mexican contingent to the fight.

So are you arguing that Pac would be drained if he had to fight at 140?

No I am saying he is fighting north of 140 so therefore has no business fighting at 140. The only drain Pac would have fighting at 140 would be on his finances as there are NO money fights for him at 140.

Fight Berto (if he wins his next fight).

That would be a good option & about as good of a option he would have excluding PBF.

In order to be knocked off that perch you have put him on, Pac has to give a legit opponent an opportunity.

He has. Sorry but I view a 150+ lb Margarito a bigger threat than Berto, Bradley & Khan to Pac. Others may think different & that is cool as well.

PBF is still P4P #1 on my list. But there are numerous fighters in position to challenge both PBF and Pac.

There are of course & it is entirely up to you who you have at #1 P4P. I have Pac based on his activity level & who & how he has won his fights.

Fitz
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 15 2010, 10:47 AM) *
What for, to lose weight? There are better options. If you just take it and maintain the same diet you'll really just let your body eat away at your muscle then make it easier to retain fat. Or did you mean you take it before fights LOL?

I used it to lose a bit of fat just before a summer. I have a slow metabolism, so used it to just speed it up. Only used it that time and that was probably 5 years ago. But looking to maybe try it another time.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 15 2010, 11:52 AM) *
I used it to lose a bit of fat just before a summer. I have a slow metabolism, so used it to just speed it up. Only used it that time and that was probably 5 years ago. But looking to maybe try it another time.

Fuck that dude. Just hit the pipe & do things the old fashioned way. You will have heaps of energy & never feel hungry. You will drop so much weight in record time it won't be funny.
Method
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 14 2010, 04:32 PM) *

For the first (and last) time in the history of my tenure on all boxing message boards, I'll type it....

An emphatic...

CO-SIGN!
gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 14 2010, 07:55 PM) *
Fuck that dude. Just hit the pipe & do things the old fashioned way. You will have heaps of energy & never feel hungry. You will drop so much weight in record time it won't be funny.

LOL it's pretty much the same thing.

Fitz: Just get 5 small meals throughout the day, get plenty of water, limit carbs, and do cardio. You can lose the fat and keep it off. The 5 meals and cardio will really speed up your metabolism too.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 15 2010, 07:25 AM) *

I think that demand was made after Margarito had banned substances in his dressing room & was debating if he should take it or not.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 14 2010, 04:58 PM) *
Well Margarito is a 147lb fighter who is a bigger name & is worth more $$ than a Bradley & Khan fight put together. As we all know boxing is a mix of matching the best fighters that will make the most money. Margarito even as a low cheat still brought a large Mexican contingent to the fight.

Nah. The Mexicans did not come out in force for Margarito because a large % of them feel the same way I do about him. He is a thug and a lying, cheating piece of feces.

The fact is that you underestimate Pac's popularity and the overall intelligence of the casual combat arts crowd. If it happens, Pac v Bradley and (especially) Khan would be huge fights, far larger than Margarito fights.

No I am saying he is fighting north of 140 so therefore has no business fighting at 140. The only drain Pac would have fighting at 140 would be on his finances as there are NO money fights for him at 140.

Every fight is a money fight for Manny.

He has. Sorry but I view a 150+ lb Margarito a bigger threat than Berto, Bradley & Khan to Pac. Others may think different & that is cool as well.

Than it is cool.

There are of course & it is entirely up to you who you have at #1 P4P. I have Pac based on his activity level & who & how he has won his fights.

And I have PBF on his complete domination of Mosley who destroyed Margarito.

Your P4P needs to stop picking on the disabled.
gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 14 2010, 09:52 PM) *
I think that demand was made after Margarito had banned substances in his dressing room & was debating if he should take it or not.

Pre-fight drug tests aren't required by Texas, Roach and Pac don't make the rules! Margarito will take any tests the commission wants him to. LOL
thehype
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 14 2010, 10:16 PM) *
Nah. The Mexicans did not come out in force for Margarito because a large % of them feel the same way I do about him. He is a thug and a lying, cheating piece of feces.

Actually, just for the record, the Mexicans DID come out in force for Margarito for this fight. I was absolutely SHOCKED to see how much support he had before AND AFTER the fight. In fact, I'm not sure how it played out on TV, but when Pacquiao was set to make his way to the ring, the cheers for him were practically nullified by the boos from those same Mexican fans.
jvo1800
QUOTE (darroy @ Nov 14 2010, 04:22 PM) *
floyd said in the video manny agreed to EVERYTHING! he said nothing about cut off dates or anything my man. you obviously are a mayweather fan and that's fine ( i don't care for either guy), but it's HE not manny that's holding this fight up right now. and as far as floyd's "request" who the hell made him commissioner of boxing all the sudden? floyd wouldn't even bother with drug testing if he was absolutely sure he'd win this fight and i actually think he prolly would win which makes all this ridiculous. floyd doesn't fight when he wants to. he fights when he owes people money.

ok if manny agreed to everything this fight woulda happened, he wants a 12 day cut off time or some shit like that. second he is not asking for nothin new he just wants to step it up a notch to protect these boxers lives. third if yall think floyd is hurting for money or owes alot ur crazy he would be fighting 3 or 4 times a year if he was, so obviously he dont owe that much plus the i.r.s. or who ever woulda been came and took that house, cars, jewlery that he OWNS.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 15 2010, 02:16 PM) *
The fact is that you underestimate Pac's popularity and the overall intelligence of the casual combat arts crowd. If it happens, Pac v Bradley and (especially) Khan would be huge fights, far larger than Margarito fights.

Sorry but I just do not see any real fanbase Bradley has outside the hardcore crowd. Khan would be a huge fight to the UK but Khan is not as popular as people would have you think & certainly not in the same league as Hatton when it comes to drawing power.

Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 14 2010, 06:43 PM) *

Cheater.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Praximo @ Nov 14 2010, 10:20 AM) *

Cosign,

Retiring undefeated to Floyd is more important than any risk, no matter how small of losing to Pacquiao.

Jack
mexi-cutioner
At this point in time, i don't think anyone gives a fuck who wins the fight they just want it to happen
AussieLad
Floyd will never fight pac. Plain and simple. Get used to it and forget the conjecture. Never gonna happen EVER
AussieLad
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 15 2010, 01:52 AM) *

Take 3g D-aspartic acid (DAA) daily. Its a legal supp in oz that will boost your testosterone 40% above normal. The more testosterone you have, the easier it is to lose fat and put on muscle. Plus you'll have balls like watermelons and fuck like a jack hammer
mexi-cutioner
ephedra is the shit. I take these amazing ephedra/caffeine pills to help keep me up when studying for exams and I'm literally wired and on the ball for a good 12 hours straight
Fitz
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Nov 15 2010, 07:43 PM) *
Take 3g D-aspartic acid (DAA) daily. Its a legal supp in oz that will boost your testosterone 40% above normal. The more testosterone you have, the easier it is to lose fat and put on muscle. Plus you'll have balls like watermelons and fuck like a jack hammer

Have you used it before? If so, are you already in reasonably good shape? Any side effects? I did a search and came up with these

http://www.mrsupplement.com.au/australia?s....x=0&go.y=0

Supplements always fucking confuse me, it's always as if they have about 6 different kinds, they have slightly different names, lol.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (Praximo @ Nov 14 2010, 12:20 PM) *

I think that's just insane. If you guys remember, Floyd doesn't make his bouts. I thought Al heymon did. But even after Pacs great performance on saturday against a guy who just stands in front of you and stalks you all nite while getting his ass kicked trying to cutoff the ring. I think to say PBF is scared of Pac is the at best, " A MAJOR REACH". All for the following reasons: Floyd only fights for money he could careless who the opponent is.
Pac never showed a jab or any real solid recognizable defensive skill against the ropes until he got with the LIL Roach.
roach never had a jab or defensive skill himself.
Floyd just has way too much defensive fight skill for Manny's funny lil angles to have consistant impact. 1/2 round adjustment.

I wonder how many of you guys who claim Floyd is running have really sat down and analyzed this guys fight game. The best fight to analyze Floyds total game is I think is his 1st fight against JLC. Many people think Floyd lost that fight. I like Floyd in that fight because he was about 60% with 2 bad hands(1 broken) and a bad rotator cuff. And, you will see him succeed in escaping JLC's expendable punches all night long when he was barely capable of throwing back. But everytime Floyd threw a punch , he scored. I remember Lampley saying after Floyd won,"boy that's not the fight we were watching". Well Jim, it sure was the fight I was watching. Floyd not only outscored Castillo but he barely got hit doing it. Granted Floydie had no punch and still wasn't beaten. Can you explain that? Can't go to the promoter card. Arum hated Floyds guts and even said he couldn't believe Floyd got the decision. So where's the excuse? But anyway , if you want to see one of the greatest displays of defensive fight skill under consistent diress, watch Mayweather vs JLC I! Very intere3sting fight scenario!
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Nov 15 2010, 04:53 PM) *
I think that's just insane. If you guys remember, Floyd doesn't make his bouts. I thought Al heymon did. But even after Pacs great performance on saturday against a guy who just stands in front of you and stalks you all nite while getting his ass kicked trying to cutoff the ring. I think to say PBF is scared of Pac is the at best, " A MAJOR REACH". All for the following reasons: Floyd only fights for money he could careless who the opponent is.
Pac never showed a jab or any real solid recognizable defensive skill against the ropes until he got with the LIL Roach.
roach never had a jab or defensive skill himself.
Floyd just has way too much defensive fight skill for Manny's funny lil angles to have consistant impact. 1/2 round adjustment.

I wonder how many of you guys who claim Floyd is running have really sat down and analyzed this guys fight game. The best fight to analyze Floyds total game is I think is his 1st fight against JLC. Many people think Floyd lost that fight. I like Floyd in that fight because he was about 60% with 2 bad hands(1 broken) and a bad rotator cuff. And, you will see him succeed in escaping JLC's expendable punches all night long when he was barely capable of throwing back. But everytime Floyd threw a punch , he scored. I remember Lampley saying after Floyd won,"boy that's not the fight we were watching". Well Jim, it sure was the fight I was watching. Floyd not only outscored Castillo but he barely got hit doing it. Granted Floydie had no punch and still wasn't beaten. Can you explain that? Can't go to the promoter card. Arum hated Floyds guts and even said he couldn't believe Floyd got the decision. So where's the excuse? But anyway , if you want to see one of the greatest displays of defensive fight skill under consistent diress, watch Mayweather vs JLC I! Very intere3sting fight scenario!

I posted this on another thread and didnt feel like retyping it scientist, so here is why I believe Pac would Beat Floyd.

Well I have to go against the grain on a proposed floyd/pac matchup.

The first thing you have to look at is, floyd gets away with throwing very few punches per round, and uses his legs to move out of the way of returning fire, But in his last fight with Mosley, he was more flat footed and stood right in front of shane. While he was still able to slip what little shane threw with upper body movement, Pacquio, and his activity and accuracy are a whole differant animal. Now floyd has taken another year off, will he be more stationary against Manny? I personally think floyd is losing a bit of spring in his step. He is still lightning quick, and has great defense. But I think against Manny he will be forced to work at a much higher rate than he is used to.

The second thing is, Yeah Manny got hurt by a fighter who weighed 17pds more than him. Floyd will hit manny, I just dont think he will ever hurt him. Floyds style is to shoulder roll then counter. Thats when floyd is open. Manny doesnt just throw one punch at a time, when floyd open up to counter, he will eat leather as well.

Manny is a southpaw, which also makes floyds defense less effective.

Styles make fights, And manny's style is gonna make floyd fight out of character. I actually pick manny to stop floyd around round 8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.