Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: for people Opposed to A Shane vs pac-man fight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
EpTXCHAMP
As we have heard Shane is being mentioned as a possible opponent next for pac. I don't know about you but this fight is terrible for boxing it matches an over the hill guy coming off two horrible performances!

Cons: Shane is 39, by the time the fight will be made he will be a couple of months from 40.

Second shane is recycled meaning pac wont gain anything by beating a 40 yr old man who floyd already beat and sergio got a draw with! In all honesty shane has been the same since he got off the juice

I just think with this momentum Pac should go after the williams/sergio winner even the bradley/alexander winner or any other younger hungrier dude!

A pac vs shane fight would keep the sport of boxing in neutral in my opinion

so here is to hope that Arum picks another fight out there drinks.gif
SmartyBeardo
I would like to think that even Team Quack wouldn't stoop that low, at this point.
thehype
If I were promoting Pacquiao, why wouldn't I put him in with Shane Mosley? Beat him up worse than Floyd already did and the legend only grows. LOL.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 14 2010, 04:04 PM) *
If I were promoting Pacquiao, why wouldn't I put him in with Shane Mosley? Beat him up worse than Floyd already did and the legend only grows. LOL.

Why not beat up Berto, or Bradley or Khan instead?

Don't bother. I know the answer.
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 14 2010, 06:07 PM) *
Why not beat up Berto, or Bradley or Khan instead?

Don't bother. I know the answer.

Two reasons:

and

caneman
Pacman should go str8 for PBF IF it can be made, end of story! Mosley does nothing for Pacman right now!

BTW, Pacman & Top Rank are becoming the biggest scape goats on here! Whatever, there 2 need make the fight if they need to bitch slap family members & promoters! LOLZ! Just saying!
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 14 2010, 05:04 PM) *

In whose eyes? I believe even the casual will pick up that shane is going to be an older more faded version than the one Floyd already beat. Now before someone comes up with well he did that with Hatton. Remember Hatton was not past his prime and was at his best weight (against pac) opposed to fighthing floyd at welter where he did not belong, which is why Hatton added something to pac's resume

If shane signs with Top rank then of course this fight will be made to keep money in house but I just don't see a victory over nosely even if by K.O (which is saying a bit since only the viper has stopped him) doing much for pac's legacy
gravytrain
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Nov 14 2010, 06:23 PM) *
in whose eyes the casual fan I think will even pick up that shane is going to be an older more faded version than the one Floyd beat.

If shane signs with Top rank then of course this fight will be made to keep money in house but I just don't see a victory over nosely even if by K.O doing much for pac's legacy

Casual fans just want to see a fight, they didn't care about anything other than seeing Pac beat Marg's ass around the ring.

They're talking about a Cotto rematch, would that do anything for Pac's legacy?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Nov 14 2010, 06:23 PM) *
In whose eyes? I believe even the casual will pick up that shane is going to be an older more faded version than the one Floyd already beat. Now before someone comes up with well he did that with Hatton. Remember Hatton was not past his prime and was at his best weight (against pac) opposed to fighthing floyd at welter where he did not belong, which is why Hatton added something to pac's resume

If shane signs with Top rank then of course this fight will be made to keep money in house but I just don't see a victory over nosely even if by K.O (which is saying a bit since only the viper has stopped him) doing much for pac's legacy

No they won't. The casual viewer believes that Pacquiao is an 8 time world title and that he beat a guy 17 pounds heavier than him. Once he munches up Mosley his stature increases, like Hype said. Believe me, right now people are talking about how they would be up in arms about a Pacquiao-Mosley fight, but as the fight gets closer and the 24/7 hype starts to build up, then people buy it. Hell, if a cheating Sloth who looked mediocre in his last fight was eventually accepted by boxing writers and the infidel sports writers as a credible opponent to the P4P champion of the world, then I doubt many will protest when a smiling guy like Mosley gets a shot. People will think "Well, Mosley almost dropped Mayweather and he fought a bigger man in Mora to a draw in his last fight, so I guess he has a shot here."
gravytrain
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 14 2010, 06:44 PM) *
No they won't. The casual viewer believes that Pacquiao is an 8 time world title and that he beat a guy 17 pounds heavier than him. Once he munches up Mosley his stature increases, like Hype said. Believe me, right now people are talking about how they would be up in arms about a Pacquiao-Mosley fight, but as the fight gets closer and the 24/7 hype starts to build up, then people buy it. Hell, if a cheating Sloth who looked mediocre in his last fight was eventually accepted by boxing writers and the infidel sports writers as a credible opponent to the P4P champion of the world, then I doubt many will protest when a smiling guy like Mosley gets a shot. People will think "Well, Mosley almost dropped Mayweather and he fought a bigger man in Mora to a draw in his last fight, so I guess he has a shot here."

I think people really doubt the gullibility of the casual fan. I'd a lot of casual fan friends talk to me about Pac/Margarito and they were all asking "is it true Margarito got caught with illegal wraps?", "is manny really having a bad camp", and all the other shit team Pac and 24/7 put out there. Just like they bought into the hype that Mosley beating Margarito's ass meant that he was going to put Mayweather in a war LOL.
thehype
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 14 2010, 06:44 PM) *

clapping.gif

Bravo. Now you're thinking like a promoter.

laugh.gif
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 14 2010, 05:44 PM) *

hmmm Well I guess Im talking about the slightly educated casual fan lol hey I mean the attendance was not what was expected most will say economy but the economy was shit back when pac fought an unknown in clottey and that fight out sold this one. plus other shit fights arent getting backed up in attendance or ppv numbers like shane vs sergio. Some "casual" fans were turned off by the fact that margs was coming off a K.O loss to mosely who we later saw get dominated by Floyd, followed by a horrible 10 rd fight in Mexico plus the hand wraps scandal, I know people who did not order the PPV or chose to attend the fight cuz of these reasons, now will the fight make money yes but slowly but surely the casual fan is becoming a bit smarter
thehype
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 14 2010, 06:51 PM) *
I think people really doubt the gullibility of the casual fan. I'd a lot of casual fan friends talk to me about Pac/Margarito and they were all asking "is it true Margarito got caught with illegal wraps?", "is manny really having a bad camp", and all the other shit team Pac and 24/7 put out there. Just like they bought into the hype that Mosley beating Margarito's ass meant that he was going to put Mayweather in a war LOL.

The casual fan? Shit....I think diehard fans are just as gullible. I mean, just look at how many diehard fans actually gave Margarito any kind of shot. At least the casual fan has an excuse...they're supposed to be gullible. But how many of you diehard fans out there actually thought the fight would be competitive?

laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Nov 15 2010, 10:23 AM) *
I just don't see a victory over nosely even if by K.O (which is saying a bit since only the viper has stopped him) doing much for pac's legacy

Mosley has never been stopped so it would actually be a first & another one up on Floyd. A bad fight to make but a good result on paper.
thehype
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Nov 14 2010, 07:01 PM) *
hmmm Well I guess Im talking about the slightly educated casual fan lol hey I mean the attendance was not what was expected most will say economy but the economy was shit back when pac fought an unknown in clottey and that fight out sold this one. plus other shit fights arent getting backed up in attendance or ppv numbers like shane vs sergio. Some "casual" fans were turned off by the fact that margs was coming off a K.O loss to mosely who we later saw get dominated by Floyd, followed by a horrible 10 rd fight in Mexico plus the hand wraps scandal, I know people who did not order the PPV or chose to attend the fight cuz of these reasons, now will the fight make money yes but slowly but surely the casual fan is becoming a bit smarter

Actually, the attendance was EXACTLY what I expected. I never thought they would exceed the Clottey attendance numbers simply because the novelty of a big fight at Cowboys Stadium was gone. Had the dates have been reversed and Manny fought Margarito in March, I think the attendance numbers would have exceeded 60,000 while the attendance numbers for a Clottey fight in November probably would have barely broke 35,000. I don't think "casual" fans are turned off at all simply because they don't know enough information to know any better. I mean, "diehard" fans might have been turned off, but casual fans? Nah...most casual fans that I know had no clue who Margarito even was.

laugh.gif

Just my take though.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 14 2010, 06:02 PM) *
The casual fan? Shit....I think diehard fans are just as gullible. I mean, just look at how many diehard fans actually gave Margarito any kind of shot. At least the casual fan has an excuse...they're supposed to be gullible. But how many of you diehard fans out there actually thought the fight would be competitive?

laugh.gif

unfortunately hype this also has happened with Floyd vs Marquez, shane and with pac vs clottey
thehype
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 14 2010, 07:08 PM) *
Mosley has never been stopped so it would actually be a first & another one up on Floyd. A bad fight to make but a good result on paper.

A bad fight for "diehard" fans, but a GREAT fight for "casual" fans, as most will think Mosley is going to "bring it" and Pacquiao will do the same. Casual fans just don't know any better, so I expect they'll eat that fight up.

If I'm Bob Arum, I'm looking at a PPV between Pacquiao and Mosley, another PPV between Cotto and Margarito, yet another PPV between the winners of those fights and one more PPV between the losers of those fights. That's 4 PPV events that will likely average over 1 million buys each. That's pretty good fucking business right there. And that's just with Pacquiao, Margarito, Cotto and Mosley. If he REALLY wants to be greedy, he can also throw Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., Mike Jones, Omar Henry or Vanes Martirosyan in the mix. There are A LOT of possibilities for Bob Arum and Top Rank promotions. They don't even have to work with another promoter for at least the next 2 years if they don't want to. Chew on that for a second.

laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 14 2010, 07:08 PM) *

If Pacquiao makes Mosley come in at 144 pounds, then it would not surprise me to see Pacquiao stop him. Pacquiao beats him either way. If you thought Mosley looked jittery against Pacquiao, just wait until he gets in there with Pacquiao.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 14 2010, 06:09 PM) *
Actually, the attendance was EXACTLY what I expected. I never thought they would exceed the Clottey attendance numbers simply because the novelty of a big fight at Cowboys Stadium was gone. Had the dates have been reversed and Manny fought Margarito in March, I think the attendance numbers would have exceeded 60,000 while the attendance numbers for a Clottey fight in November probably would have barely broke 35,000. I don't think "casual" fans are turned off at all simply because they don't know enough information to know any better. I mean, "diehard" fans might have been turned off, but casual fans? Nah...most casual fans that I know had no clue who Margarito even was.

laugh.gif

Just my take though.

hmm I dont know hype seriously how many tickets do you believe were sold due to clottey? Plus Margarito had a large Mexican and Mexican American region to attract people. Now could time of the year play part not sure? I recall my family mostly college students over there In big D chose spring break over the fight. Maybe I being too hopeful that the casual fan is wising up but like I said I dont have enough fingers and toes to count the number of people who attend or buy this fight for the reasons listed previously
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 14 2010, 06:22 PM) *
A bad fight for "diehard" fans, but a GREAT fight for "casual" fans, as most will think Mosley is going to "bring it" and Pacquiao will do the same. Casual fans just don't know any better, so I expect they'll eat that fight up.

If I'm Bob Arum, I'm looking at a PPV between Pacquiao and Mosley, another PPV between Cotto and Margarito, yet another PPV between the winners of those fights and one more PPV between the losers of those fights. That's 4 PPV events that will likely average over 1 million buys each. That's pretty good fucking business right there. And that's just with Pacquiao, Margarito, Cotto and Mosley. If he REALLY wants to be greedy, he can also throw Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., Mike Jones, Omar Henry or Vanes Martirosyan in the mix. There are A LOT of possibilities for Bob Arum and Top Rank promotions. They don't even have to work with another promoter for at least the next 2 years if they don't want to. Chew on that for a second.

laugh.gif

Arum has achieved what De La Hoya hopes to one day hahaha

that being said what you just posted is scary for the sport of boxing thumbsdown_anim.gif but this is what promoters will do until we all stand up and stop supporting fights that are predictable and have no significance
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 14 2010, 06:12 PM) *
Two reasons:

and

In all fairness you could substitute Top Rank's name with any other promoter out there. It's hardly a new concept that a promoter wants to make the most money for the least risk.
thehype
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Nov 14 2010, 07:25 PM) *
hmm I dont know hype seriously how many tickets do you believe were sold due to clottey? Plus Margarito had a large Mexican and Mexican American region to attract people. Now could time of the year play part not sure? I recall my family mostly college students over there In big D chose spring break over the fight. Maybe I being too hopeful that the casual fan is wising up but like I said I dont have enough fingers and toes to count the number of people who attend or buy this fight for the reasons listed previously

I don't think any tickets were sold due to Clottey. I think tickets were sold because of the novelty of a big fight in the brand new Cowboys Stadium and it's ginormous jumbotron. I mean, if Manny was THAT big of a ticket seller, then I would think that a fight between Pacquiao and Margarito in Texas, where the Mexican community is ridiculous, would sell FAR more tickets than a fight between Pacquiao and Clottey...and yet, it didn't....so that tells me that the novelty of the big fight in Cowboys Stadium has worn off, so the numbers we saw for Pacquiao vs. Margarito were probably more indicative of what can be expected if a big fight is made at Cowboys Stadium with a big Mexican star involved. If Pacquiao were to fight Marquez next at Cowboys Stadium, I suspect it would likely do similar numbers to Pacquiao vs. Margarito...not Pacquiao vs. Clottey. I wasn't implying that the time of the year had anything to do with it...I was implying that the novelty of a big fight at Cowboys Stadium had more to do with the numbers in the first fight.
D-MARV
My guess is that Pacquiao targets Chavez Jr or Mosley next.
Run and Gun Game Calls
I complained that Mosley had no business in the ring with Floyd, Yes I was one of the few that didnt buy into the hype of that sham, and Mosley has no business in the ring with Pac either.

The is only one fight to be made, but the fighters are to stupid to take control over their careers.
Snoop
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 15 2010, 02:06 AM) *
My guess is that Pacquiao targets Chavez Jr or Mosley next.

If Pacquiao goes after Chavez Jr for the Middleweight strap at a catchweight, can we please cut all the bullshit and finally crucify this motherfucker.
Hittman25
paciqauo should fight juan manuel marquez at lightweight if jmm beats katisids....that would be a pretty meaningful fight or fight the big baddass that emerges from the 140 class....but jmm and floyd are two things that are unchecked on manny's to do list....
gravytrain
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 14 2010, 08:12 PM) *
If Pacquiao goes after Chavez Jr for the Middleweight strap at a catchweight, can we please cut all the bullshit and finally crucify this motherfucker.

LOL Pac/Chavez Jr for the WBC silver MW belt @ 156. I think that would be bigger bullshit than the mob ever achieved in boxing.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Nov 14 2010, 07:55 PM) *
In all fairness you could substitute Top Rank's name with any other promoter out there. It's hardly a new concept that a promoter wants to make the most money for the least risk.

I know, for the most part Top Rank is just the only one to really gain anything from a Pacquiao fight.

QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 14 2010, 07:02 PM) *

laugh.gif

I know, how could JLuv stoop so low lol?

Personally, I thought Margarito would be gassed by round 5. I thought Pac would be too elusive for him in the first four rounds and Marg would basically have his round 5 rally in those four rounds, maybe winning two. Then from 5 and later on into the fight it'd just be another nail in the coffin for Margarito.
gbh32001
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 15 2010, 09:12 AM) *
Look like Arum is brewing this one.LOL!But Mosley is willfully get a million dollars to follow the script, I know for a reason that Roger already insinuating that
Pac-Marg is a fix fight before hand and that alone give me impression that his nephew signed a scripted contract against Mosley.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Nov 15 2010, 12:57 PM) *
....but jmm and floyd are two things that are unchecked on manny's to do list....

Considering he has fought JMM twice for a win & a draw I say he has already handled that business.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 15 2010, 01:05 PM) *
I know, for the most part Top Rank is just the only one to really gain anything from a Pacquiao fight.

Who else does deserve to benifit from a Pac fight laugh.gif ?
Snoop
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 15 2010, 03:37 AM) *
Who else does deserve to benifit from a Pac fight laugh.gif ?

I dunno, the fans?
gravytrain
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 14 2010, 10:03 PM) *
I dunno, the fans?

Nope, they get to pay $60 for Pacquiao/Cotto II. I can see it now: Cotto decapitating people with CGI in 24/7, Arum saying Cotto and Pac will be like Hagler/Hearns, and Roach saying "I think Cotto might get him this time, Manny is slacking off.".

mexi-cutioner
If the Pac-Mayweather fight doesn't materialize, there are only two other fights that SOMEWHAT make sense and that's:

(1); Pacquiao vs Berto to UNIFY the welterweight title

If Berto beats Hernandez impressively and takes out another top prospect (i.e. Mike Jones) early in the year and can avoid a major injury, I can see this fight happening in May or June 2011. Berto has been hyped up by HBO for some time so although he's not a big name to the casual boxing fan, a young undefeated titleholder with an entertaining style vs Pac would be a GREAT setup for a Pac-Mayweather fight later in the year. A battle between Pac-Mayweather for the undisputed p4p crown and the UNIFIED welterweight world titles would only further add to its appeal

(2): Pacquiao vs winner of Bradley/Alexander

There is alot of hype surrounding these two as the next big names in the sport of boxing and are sitting pretty atop the talent rich 140 division. Bradley showed he can move upto 147 and hold the weight and power well as evident with his win over Abregu, but I honestly believe that no matter who wins, boxing DOES NOT LOSE from this bout taking place. If Pacquiao wins, he further solidifies his claim as the top man in the game and beating a young hungry champ like Bradley or Alexander shows that he's capable of beating fighters other than those that are weight drained or past their prime. If Bradley or Alexander wins on the other hand, the sport of boxing wins because it has uncovered its next future superstar in the making. It would catapult them to the top of the sport just like Mayweather did with his win over Corrales, Hattons win over Tzyu and Manny's win over DLH did etc. With two of the sports brightest stars nearing the end of their careers, boxing is sitll searching for the next fighter to keep interest in the sport alive
kidbazooka1
Shane is a nice man i don't wanna see him seriousley hurt.
Snoop
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Nov 15 2010, 04:31 AM) *
If the Pac-Mayweather fight doesn't materialize, there are only two other fights that SOMEWHAT make sense and that's:

If Berto beats Hernandez impressively and takes out another top prospect (i.e. Mike Jones) early in the year and can avoid a major injury, I can see this fight happening in May or June 2011. Berto has been hyped up by HBO for some time so although he's not a big name to the casual boxing fan, a young undefeated titleholder with an entertaining style vs Pac would be a GREAT setup for a Pac-Mayweather fight later in the year. A battle between Pac-Mayweather for the undisputed p4p crown and the UNIFIED welterweight world titles would only further add to its appeal

There is alot of hype surrounding these two as the next big names in the sport of boxing and are sitting pretty atop the talent rich 140 division. Bradley showed he can move upto 147 and hold the weight and power well as evident with his win over Abregu, but I honestly believe that no matter who wins, boxing DOES NOT LOSE from this bout taking place. If Pacquiao wins, he further solidifies his claim as the top man in the game and beating a young hungry champ like Bradley or Alexander shows that he's capable of beating fighters other than those that are weight drained or past their prime. If Bradley or Alexander wins on the other hand, the sport of boxing wins because it has uncovered its next future superstar in the making. It would catapult them to the top of the sport just like Mayweather did with his win over Corrales, Hattons win over Tzyu and Manny's win over DLH did etc. With two of the sports brightest stars nearing the end of their careers, boxing is sitll searching for the next fighter to keep interest in the sport alive

These would be great fights, and what you're saying makes complete sense, but I wouldn't hold my breath in seeing them materialize.
Snoop
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 15 2010, 06:34 AM) *

laugh.gif

I dunno why but I just found this really funny.
gravytrain
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 15 2010, 12:34 AM) *

They wont put Mosley in the ring unless they think he's half dead so I think he should be safe.
Snoop
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 15 2010, 04:16 AM) *
Nope, they get to pay $60 for Pacquiao/Cotto II. I can see it now: Cotto decapitating people with CGI in 24/7, Arum saying Cotto and Pac will be like Hagler/Hearns, and Roach saying "I think Cotto might get him this time, Manny is slacking off.".

laugh.gif

Fuck man, are you on the HBO production team or something?
Snoop
gravytrain
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 15 2010, 12:51 AM) *
laugh.gif

Fuck man, are you on the HBO production team or something?

Yeah, we've some James Cameron shit planned for the Pac/Cotto rematch too. All of Cotto's training camp might be CGI.

Seriously though, if Arum sells a Cotto rematch then that dude belongs in the hustler hall of fame. I'd go be his intern to learn the magic.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Nov 14 2010, 10:31 PM) *

I don't know...if pac did all of that(part 1) then he would be considered the bigger draw (due to him being more active). They would want floyd to take 60-40 and we all no thats not happening. But technically they should be fighting to unify the welterweight titles anyway, since floyd beat shane. That will be floyds argument and he will still want a 50-50 split.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 14 2010, 09:44 PM) *
These would be great fights, and what you're saying makes complete sense, but I wouldn't hold my breath in seeing them materialize.

Arum has mentioned Berto and the winner of Alexander as possible opponents for Pacquiao and I believe that the chances of one of these fights occuring increased after Arum openly said Pacquiao would likely face a fighter outside of the Top Rank banner since he's beaten all the legit welterweight contenders in his last 3 fights. A fight with Mosley would be fucking retarded at this point since Mosley has looked like absolute shit and no longer has relevance in boxing's big picture. Cotto deserves a second shot against Margarito next year and that fight would be extremely interesting and one I would gladly watch
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Nov 14 2010, 11:33 PM) *
Arum has mentioned Berto and the winner of Alexander/Bradley as possible opponents for Pacquiao and I believe that the chances of one of these fights occuring increased after Arum openly said Pacquiao would likely face a fighter outside of the Top Rank banner since he's beaten all the legit welterweight contenders in his last 3 fights. A fight with Mosley would be fucking retarded at this point since Mosley has looked like absolute shit and no longer has relevance in boxing's big picture. Cotto deserves a second shot against Margarito next year and that fight would be extremely interesting and one I would gladly watch

Snoop
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Nov 15 2010, 07:33 AM) *
Arum has mentioned Berto and the winner of Alexander as possible opponents for Pacquiao and I believe that the chances of one of these fights occuring increased after Arum openly said Pacquiao would likely face a fighter outside of the Top Rank banner since he's beaten all the legit welterweight contenders in his last 3 fights. A fight with Mosley would be fucking retarded at this point since Mosley has looked like absolute shit and no longer has relevance in boxing's big picture. Cotto deserves a second shot against Margarito next year and that fight would be extremely interesting and one I would gladly watch

Just don't forget you said that in a few month's time.

laugh.gif
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 14 2010, 11:34 PM) *
Just don't forget you said that in a few month's time.

laugh.gif

I'd hate Bob Arum so much, a Mosley fight makes about as much sense as a 4th fight with Erik Morales at 147. I love him, but there are a handful of other fighters to choose from taht deserve a shot way before Sugar Shane
BoxingStill#1
It isnt so much that I dont want to see a fight between Mosely and Pac

Its just that Id much rather see Floyed fight Pac.................right now
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Nov 14 2010, 05:52 PM) *
As we have heard Shane is being mentioned as a possible opponent next for pac. I don't know about you but this fight is terrible for boxing it matches an over the hill guy coming off two horrible performances!

Cons: Shane is 39, by the time the fight will be made he will be a couple of months from 40.

Second shane is recycled meaning pac wont gain anything by beating a 40 yr old man who floyd already beat and sergio got a draw with! In all honesty shane has been the same since he got off the juice

I just think with this momentum Pac should go after the williams/sergio winner even the bradley/alexander winner or any other younger hungrier dude!

A pac vs shane fight would keep the sport of boxing in neutral in my opinion

so here is to hope that Arum picks another fight out there drinks.gif

Personally I think that would be a good matchup and a competitive fight. Plus after seeing Manny this weekend at 144lbs I think Shane would be a great matchup. Shane will matchup with Pac better than pactards think. Outside of a basic cheap thrill of a KO are just seeimg someone lambasted Pactards have very little love for the sport. I love Manny but who the hell are these people who call themselves his fans?
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Nov 15 2010, 03:07 AM) *
I don't know...if pac did all of that(part 1) then he would be considered the bigger draw (due to him being more active). They would want floyd to take 60-40 and we all no thats not happening. But technically they should be fighting to unify the welterweight titles anyway, since floyd beat shane. That will be floyds argument and he will still want a 50-50 split.

Pac would kill all those Muthafuckas. all of them. But Shane? I don't know. Even at Shanes advanced age I put my money on him against a fighter like Pac before anyone else in those divisions. Floydie, JMM and Morales excluded. I'll tell you now fight fans.NO YOUNG BUCK IS GOING TO BEAT PAC NOW OR EVER. IT'S GOING TO HAVE TO COME FROM A GUY WHO IS KNOWN AS A WORLd CLASS LEGEND AND HAS THE RESUME TO BACK IT UP. This is the only way Pac can ce beaten is by a legend with the boxing smarts and intellect to know what to do. Only Shane, Floyd, Morales, Sergio Martinez are even qualified. I don't think there's anybody else out there to waiste his time with.
Method
That Mosley is even being considered s a MAJOR step back for the sport. No explanation necessary.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 15 2010, 01:24 PM) *
That Mosley is even being considered s a MAJOR step back for the sport. No explanation necessary.

Based on what? is last 2 match ups? Please. I heard that shit from guys about Glen Jones, Tarver, Leonard, Duran. All of them. And, they all found another great fight in them. There's at least 3 left in Shane. And fighting awkward ass Sergio Mora is no gage as to the future. How would you like to chase a guy on his bicycle all night long. Sound like fun?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.