Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's #1 P4P Now? Manny or Floyd?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
It's hard to do an all-time assessment of a fighter until his career ends. I mean people talked about Liston being invincible, and along came Ali. People talked about Frazier being unstoppable, and along came Foreman.

Opponents who do shocking things can put dents in the All Time Hall of Fame Armor.

But for HIS time in terms of P4P best. I think Manny Pacquiao IS #1. Despite multiple belts and confusion with them, there will probably NEVER be another fighter who can win as Many belts in such wide weight classes as Pacquiao, ever!

Manny is thrilling to watch, he beats the living shit out of practically everyone, and wants to fight.

Floyd Mayweather is #2 P4P because of his great boxing skills and is probably a better boxer than Pacquiao, but has hurt his career by not taking risks in the ring when he could have. Floyd never fought Margacheato or Cotto in their prime and he should have. Floyd must fight Manny for true greatness, or at least fight Paul Williams or Sergio Martinez.

I still think Floyd is a "Most Money" for the "least risk" type of guy. He'll beat Manny around 8 rounds to 4 if they fight, because he'll avoid a war and pivot and roll with his shoulder defense and speed. Floyd will probably study the Juan Marquez fights to prepare for Manny.

And I think that Pacquiao won the first Marquez fight and Marquez the second. A rubber match would be interesting to break the dead-lock, but I don't think a lot of people would care. Pacquiao-J. Marquez fights are like Ali-Norton fights. They are always gonna be close all the time because of the complimentary styles, and will probably get draw, split decision, majority decision, or no more than a 115-113 card for either guy at any time. Because Pacquiao and Marquez will always produce those kinds of fights.

Floyd's the better skilled boxer at #2 P4P today, as much as I hate the little POS. But Manny has done more with his career, doesn't duck guys, and is more exciting to watch than Floyd. That makes him #1.

Jack
Run and Gun Game Calls
completely agree
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 16 2010, 01:26 PM) *
It's hard to do an all-time assessment of a fighter until his career ends. I mean people talked about Liston being invincible, and along came Ali. People talked about Frazier being unstoppable, and along came Foreman.

Opponents who do shocking things can put dents in the All Time Hall of Fame Armor.

But for HIS time in terms of P4P best. I think Manny Pacquiao IS #1. Despite multiple belts and confusion with them, there will probably NEVER be another fighter who can win as Many belts in such wide weight classes as Pacquiao, ever!

Manny is thrilling to watch, he beats the living shit out of practically everyone, and wants to fight.

Floyd Mayweather is #2 P4P because of his great boxing skills and is probably a better boxer than Pacquiao, but has hurt his career by not taking risks in the ring when he could have. Floyd never fought Margacheato or Cotto in their prime and he should have. Floyd must fight Manny for true greatness, or at least fight Paul Williams or Sergio Martinez.

I still think Floyd is a "Most Money" for the "least risk" type of guy. He'll beat Manny around 8 rounds to 4 if they fight, because he'll avoid a war and pivot and roll with his shoulder defense and speed. Floyd will probably study the Juan Marquez fights to prepare for Manny.

And I think that Pacquiao won the first Marquez fight and Marquez the second. A rubber match would be interesting to break the dead-lock, but I don't think a lot of people would care. Pacquiao-J. Marquez fights are like Ali-Norton fights. They are always gonna be close all the time because of the complimentary styles, and will probably get draw, split decision, majority decision, or no more than a 115-113 card for either guy at any time. Because Pacquiao and Marquez will always produce those kinds of fights.

Floyd's the better skilled boxer at #2 P4P today, as much as I hate the little POS. But Manny has done more with his career, doesn't duck guys, and is more exciting to watch than Floyd. That makes him #1.

Jack

I think this is a unbiased and logical assesment. Manny deserves the top spot because of his activity level and going against percieved odds where with Mayweather you know he's going to win before he gets in the ring. If the 2 meet however I feel May gives Pac fits and we'll see Manny get frustrated and bang his gloves together begging May to engage him. All the while May picks his shots and breaks Manny down where he's weak at (The body) as evident by his ko loss and almost folding on Saturday. It will be the Judah fight all over again with Floyd being slightly more careful.
thehype
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 16 2010, 02:26 PM) *

Marquez vs. Pacquiao is always gonna be close? Even at 147, where Marquez got dominated by Floyd?

:dtnknw:

IMO, if Floyd and Manny were to fight today, I'd pick Floyd to beat him, therefore, I rate Floyd as my #1 P4P.

While resumes and accomplishments help you gauge just how good a fighter is, when it comes to who's the best and who would whip whom at whatever weight, it always comes down to skills and talent, and from what I've seen just this past year, Floyd's skills will still be too difficult for Pacquiao to figure out should they ever meet.

If you think Floyd beats Manny, I don't know how you can rate Manny as the best fighter on the planet.

dntknw.gif

Now, if you think Manny beats Floyd, then I totally understand.

Just my lowly opinion though.

laugh.gif
KookedKrack
Floyd beat Shane who molested Margarito he is still #1. Until Pac fights and beats someone who actually looked good in their last fight he will be #2 imo.
Run and Gun Game Calls
hype I have already picked why I pick Pacquio over floyd. Im telling you floyd is more flat footed now and Pacquios activity level would wear floyd down.

Chavez didnt look to have much chance against Taylor either. Im telling you, floyd pacquio wouldnt be close after the first 2 rounds. Floyd would turtle up and solely worry about slipping without getting caught. Just my humble opinion
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Nov 16 2010, 03:02 PM) *
hype I have already picked why I pick Pacquio over floyd. Im telling you floyd is more flat footed now and Pacquios activity level would wear floyd down.

Chavez didnt look to have much chance against Taylor either. Im telling you, floyd pacquio wouldnt be close after the first 2 rounds. Floyd would turtle up and solely worry about slipping without getting caught. Just my humble opinion

Floyd was flat footed against Shane cause he wanted to go toe to toe. Against Marquez he moved. Against Hatton he stood his ground. Floyd does what he wants when he wants. Against Manny he can just stay in the pocket pick, roll, and counter Manny all night long.
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 16 2010, 08:17 PM) *
Floyd was flat footed against Shane cause he wanted to go toe to toe. Against Marquez he moved. Against Hatton he stood his ground. Floyd does what he wants when he wants. Against Manny he can just stay in the pocket pick, roll, and counter Manny all night long.

Thats where you are wrong, he cannot stay in the pocket v/s manny. Manny hasnt ever fought a fighter like floyd, thats true, but floyd has never fought anyone like manny either
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Nov 16 2010, 03:25 PM) *
Thats where you are wrong, he cannot stay in the pocket v/s manny. Manny hasnt ever fought a fighter like floyd, thats true, but floyd has never fought anyone like manny either

Are you kidding? Manny will get broken on the inside and outside by Floyd. Punches just gonna be rolling of the shoulders. I think there will be some tense moments where Floyd will have to adjust but this won't be as hard as people think it will be. Styles make fights and this fight is all wrong for Pac.
thehype
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 16 2010, 04:42 PM) *
Are you kidding? Manny will get broken on the inside and outside by Floyd. Punches just gonna be rolling of the shoulders. I think there will be some tense moments where Floyd will have to adjust but this won't be as hard as people think it will be. Styles make fights and this fight is all wrong for Pac.

clapping.gif

And honestly, in my opinion, Freddie's recent selection of opponents are getting Manny further and further away from being able to deal with that type of style. I mean, that's not taking anything away from Manny at all, but when you fight a string of guys who are all coming forward and standing right in front of you, you get kind of used to that, so what's going to happen when he fights a guy who's not doing that? The last person I remember him fighting who did not fit that M.O. was Marquez...and ironically, those fights were extremely close. The only guy of late who's come close to that is MAYBE Miguel Cotto, but even Miguel started off dumb and chose to stand and trade with Manny, which was his undoing. The funny thing is that when Miguel actually DID decide to switch it up and not just bang with him, Manny didn't have quite as much success as he did in the first few rounds. So I'm EXTREMELY curious to see how he'll be able to handle that type of style...and hell, it doesn't even have to be against Mayweather...Tim Bradley, Devon Alexander, or even Zab Judah would suffice.

That's not to say that Mayweather has ever faced someone like Manny, BUT, as far as styles are concerned, in my opinion, Floyd has faced a MUCH WIDER variety and has been able to adjust to every single one. I've seen what he's been able to do with plodders, I've seen what he's been able to do with movers, and I've seen what he's been able to do with combination punchers...and thus far, he's always been successful.

On a side note, whoever it was that said that Pacquiao vs. Mayweather wouldn't be close after 2 rounds....pssssssh....that's just ridiculous. I mean, you may HOPE that's the case, but I truly think any REAL KNOWLEDGEABLE boxing fan can recognize that Floyd Mayweather and his style is going to be Manny Pacquiao's most difficult test. I mean, if he's not, then what the fuck do we even want to see the fight for to begin with?

dntknw.gif
gbh32001
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 17 2010, 06:18 AM) *
clapping.gif

And honestly, in my opinion, Freddie's recent selection of opponents are getting Manny further and further away from being able to deal with that type of style. I mean, that's not taking anything away from Manny at all, but when you fight a string of guys who are all coming forward and standing right in front of you, you get kind of used to that, so what's going to happen when he fights a guy who's not doing that? The last person I remember him fighting who did not fit that M.O. was Marquez...and ironically, those fights were extremely close. The only guy of late who's come close to that is MAYBE Miguel Cotto, but even Miguel started off dumb and chose to stand and trade with Manny, which was his undoing. The funny thing is that when Miguel actually DID decide to switch it up and not just bang with him, Manny didn't have quite as much success as he did in the first few rounds. So I'm EXTREMELY curious to see how he'll be able to handle that type of style...and hell, it doesn't even have to be against Mayweather...Tim Bradley, Devon Alexander, or even Zab Judah would suffice.

That's not to say that Mayweather has ever faced someone like Manny, BUT, as far as styles are concerned, in my opinion, Floyd has faced a MUCH WIDER variety and has been able to adjust to every single one. I've seen what he's been able to do with plodders, I've seen what he's been able to do with movers, and I've seen what he's been able to do with combination punchers...and thus far, he's always been successful.

On a side note, whoever it was that said that Pacquiao vs. Mayweather wouldn't be close after 2 rounds....pssssssh....that's just ridiculous. I mean, you may HOPE that's the case, but I truly think any REAL KNOWLEDGEABLE boxing fan can recognize that Floyd Mayweather and his style is going to be Manny Pacquiao's most difficult test. I mean, if he's not, then what the fuck do we even want to see the fight for to begin with?

dntknw.gif
That's what I think and I want to confirm it by watching these two best beasts doing their thing.Best defense and best ofense are equal, skills may edge Floyd but heart will goes to Manny, height and weight will be to Floyd but power and the volume of it will goes to Manny.Speed equals speed. But if i'm a betting man, I will bet to Floyd cause of his cowardness. Floyd can hit and run and win a boring match then will cry to the post fight interview how great he is. laugh.gif
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 16 2010, 08:18 PM) *
clapping.gif

And honestly, in my opinion, Freddie's recent selection of opponents are getting Manny further and further away from being able to deal with that type of style. I mean, that's not taking anything away from Manny at all, but when you fight a string of guys who are all coming forward and standing right in front of you, you get kind of used to that, so what's going to happen when he fights a guy who's not doing that? The last person I remember him fighting who did not fit that M.O. was Marquez...and ironically, those fights were extremely close.

In my opinion Hype, Manny fighting those guys is a tad better than floyd laying off and not really fighting for years now. The one fight he did have was against a frozen and old Shane Mosley

dntknw.gif

The reason I dont think it will be close hype, in my opinion, and remember thats all it is, an opinion...will be because floyd willcover up and more and more try to pot shot after the first 2 rounds. Why you may ask? Manny has very fast hands and is a southpaw, it opens floyd up with his stance to Manny's power hand, the left. Then when floyd tries the shoulder roll peek-a-boo defense he will at times eat a straight left, which will discourage floyd from opening up so much. Once floyd worrys more about covering up his head than throwing punches, Manny will wreck his body and eventually stop him. Just my opinion
gravytrain
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 16 2010, 05:18 PM) *
clapping.gif

dntknw.gif

clapping.gif

mexi-cutioner
I have Floyd over Manny in a VERY CLOSE UD that will warrant a rematch. First of alll:

1) Floyd will NOT break down and knock Manny out like some people have mentioned. In his last 6 fights FLoyd has only stopped Hatton, and as Pacquiao proved, Hatton's chin is about as soft as mashed potatoes. He didn't stop Baldomir, Judah, a bloated Marquez, never significantly hurt DLH or Mosley so what the fuck indicates that he'll knock Pacquiao out????

2) People mention how Manny hasn't faced a fighter like Floyd especially his latst string of opponents, but with Floyd nearing 34 years old and (what I would imagine to be) his exhausting legal battles outside the ring, I can assure you that Manny's activity definitely trumps Mayweather at this point. Mayweather has only fought twice in 3 years while Pacquiao has fought 7 times. Mayweather has looked a little more flat footed in recent fights as well and it's been a while since Mayweather has been TRULY tested so I think Pac is going to do A LOT more damage than people are giving him credit for.

3) I've read some people thinking that Mayweather-Pac would be similar to Mayweather-Judah?!?!?!? THat's the biggest load of horseshit i've ever heard. Other than speed and being a southpaw, Manny and Judah have ZERO in common. They fight completely different styles and I can guarantee you that if Mayweather decided to get aggressive and pounce on Pac like he did on Judah in the middle rounds, Pac wouldn't wilt like a dead flower he would cherish the opportunity to have Mayweather standing infront of him throwing bombs in fact I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather gets the worst of the exchange and reverts back to his previous safety-first tactics.

4) i don't know about you, but I think Pac has improved from his 2nd fight with JMM. He uses the ring alot better now and he showed us something he's never done before in his fights with Margarito and DLH and that's fighting a composed fight while only stepping in to snap a quick punch or combo then step out. I tihnk Manny definitely has alot more tricks up his sleeve than he did since he last fought Marquez.

Becuase of Floyd's god gifted talent, I have him winning a close UD, but I could see Pacquiao pulling off a victory as well it'll be close
BrutalBodyShots
As I said in another thread recently, great boxers with excellent accuracy that can either lead or counter with great timing that have at least moderate power will always lower their opponents punch output.

Mayweather fits this description perfectly. Bernard Hopkins is another great example.

Guys that fight Mayweather that are used to throwing 60 or 70 punches a round often end up only getting off 35 or 40. Why is that? Simple, because they get the shit countered out of them with fast shots that they aren't used to that land with precision. That happens around the 3rd or 4th round when Mayweather adjusts to their style, and from then on out you see his opponents output go down significantly.

Point being, Pacquiao's "activity" or "work rate" should not be supporting arguments as to why you think he could potentially beat Mayweather, because Mayweather has shown every time out that he is able to negate that.

kidbazooka1
Manny #1 no doubt about it.

He has done it all and if Floyds mans up he'll finish him off too.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 16 2010, 07:25 PM) *
As I said in another thread recently, great boxers with excellent accuracy that can either lead or counter with great timing that have at least moderate power will always lower their opponents punch output.

Mayweather fits this description perfectly. Bernard Hopkins is another great example.

Guys that fight Mayweather that are used to throwing 60 or 70 punches a round often end up only getting off 35 or 40. Why is that? Simple, because they get the shit countered out of them with fast shots that they aren't used to that land with precision. That happens around the 3rd or 4th round when Mayweather adjusts to their style, and from then on out you see his opponents output go down significantly.

Point being, Pacquiao's "activity" or "work rate" should not be supporting arguments as to why you think he could potentially beat Mayweather, because Mayweather has shown every time out that he is able to negate that.

Yup Yup.
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 16 2010, 11:25 PM) *

mayweather has never faced a fighter that throws the volume of punches manny throws, with the speed and power manny throws them. Yes floyd will counter manny, but Pacquio is fst enough to counter floyds counters before floyd can cover up and hide
Spyder
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Nov 16 2010, 05:52 PM) *
The reason I dont think it will be close hype, in my opinion, and remember thats all it is, an opinion...will be because floyd willcover up and more and more try to pot shot after the first 2 rounds. Why you may ask? Manny has very fast hands and is a southpaw, it opens floyd up with his stance to Manny's power hand, the left. Then when floyd tries the shoulder roll peek-a-boo defense he will at times eat a straight left, which will discourage floyd from opening up so much. Once floyd worrys more about covering up his head than throwing punches, Manny will wreck his body and eventually stop him. Just my opinion

The thing that Floyd never gets credit for is his grit. I know that it probably sounds funny, using the word "grit" to describe Floyd...lol...but when he's cornered, he doesn't run, he FIGHTS!

Floyd chooses to fight outside simply because he can, and it's easier. Easy money boxing from the outside. But don't think for a minute that when he's pressed, that he'll crumble...nope. When pressed, Floyd shows us his full arsenal.

I personally take Floyd in this fight. I've played it a hundred times in my head, and I just can't see a scenario where Manny gets the upper-hand. All of that said, Manny is the #1 P4P fighter in the world for the mere fact that Floyd isn't active, and we shouldn't rank inactive fighters.

Floyd said that he isn't fighting for the rest of the year, he's not in negotiations for a fight at any point next year, and I honestly doubt that we'll see him fight at anytime in the foreseeable future.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 16 2010, 11:35 PM) *
PBF is #1 P4P.

If Manny wants to fight PBF he best go after Bradley first. He has been fighting too many easy targets. PBF will stick Pac with a stiff jab and double it with a hook to the ear. Manny will punch his gloves together and attack. He may well catch PBF with a few shots but he will eat more stiff jabs taking the starch out of his shots and then the body will open up followed by the ear hook and eventually a short right uppercut. Pac will back to the ropes to lure PBF in, but Floyd will do his damage in the middle of the ring, where Manny is supposedly king. Manny's heart will lead him to the blade like the bull to the matador.

PBF by TKO in 6 or less.

I see it going similar but with Floyd doing more body work which he is underrated in and not 6 more like 10.

Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Nov 17 2010, 03:27 AM) *
The thing that Floyd never gets credit for is his grit. I know that it probably sounds funny, using the word "grit" to describe Floyd...lol...but when he's cornered, he doesn't run, he FIGHTS!

Floyd chooses to fight outside simply because he can, and it's easier. Easy money boxing from the outside. But don't think for a minute that when he's pressed, that he'll crumble...nope. When pressed, Floyd shows us his full arsenal.

I personally take Floyd in this fight. I've played it a hundred times in my head, and I just can't see a scenario where Manny gets the upper-hand. All of that said, Manny is the #1 P4P fighter in the world for the mere fact that Floyd isn't active, and we shouldn't rank inactive fighters.

Floyd said that he isn't fighting for the rest of the year, he's not in negotiations for a fight at any point next year, and I honestly doubt that we'll see him fight at anytime in the foreseeable future.

That is a fair assessment my man.
Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 16 2010, 11:47 PM) *
You have finally come around Spyder about p4p rankings, lol.

thumbsup_anim.gif

I think you're referencing my comments from after the Marquez fight...lol...at that time, Floyd had just come out of retirement. It appeared that he was revitalized, and back to being an active fighter. By making himself unavailable for fights, it seems now that he's entered another retirement.

I think I've been pretty consistent about this point. When Mayweather fights, he's the best in the world. When he doesn't, Pac is.

D-MARV
I have Floyd at #1 simply because I think he beats him. I tend to agree with Hype in the sense that if you think Floyd beats Pacquaio then how can you call Pac the best fighter on the planet? Pacquiao is certainly number 2 on my list. As much as I talk trash about him, he's one of the all time greats.
Hops
I have Pac at #1 simply because Floyd thinks Pacquiao will "kill" him in the ring.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 17 2010, 09:24 AM) *
I have Pac at #1 simply because Floyd thinks Pacquiao will "kill" him in the ring.

?
gbh32001
Pac number 1 Lb4Lb in paper, Floyd number 1 Lb4Lb in mind. Pac can't claim that he is the best until he can't beat Floyd, samething with Floyd he can't claim he is the greatest until he beat Pac and the winner of Williams-Martinez.Now, don't get confuse, Pac fought the best at 126 all the way up to the WW, so beating Floyd is enough for him to be rated higher than Floyd in an all time argument. While Floyd needs to beat Pac and some big WW to claim he is the greatest of this era, but to claim he is the goat is laughable because his heart is smaller than his balls and his accomplishment is a pale comparison to Pac let alone to SRL,Hagler,Duran and Robinson to name a few.
BrutalBodyShots
Has Marquez ever given his take on a potential Mayweather-Pacquiao fight in an interview or anything? I'd be curious to hear his thoughts since he's gone a bunch of rounds with both.

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 17 2010, 12:54 PM) *
Has Marquez ever given his take on a potential Mayweather-Pacquiao fight in an interview or anything? I'd be curious to hear his thoughts since he's gone a bunch of rounds with both.

If I remember correctly, right after his fight with Mayweather, JMM said that Mayweather would beat Pacquiao.

Spyder, I agree with you, Mayweather has shown he can be a tough motherfucker. He fought hard when he broke his hand against Hernandez, sat in the pocket versus Jesus Chavez, went right at Judah and laid a beating on Mosley.

I also agree with MexAsassin when he says it's not 100% correct to look at the Mayweather-Judah fight and from there deduct that PBF will do the same thing to Pacquiao. Judah freezes when guys bang his torso, Pacquiao answers right back.
The CEO
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 17 2010, 12:54 PM) *

Now that you mention it....yes....he has.

He said, "Mayweather would whoop Pacquiao's ass."...in Spanish.

laugh.gif

Nah...but seriously....he's said Mayweather would beat him more than a few times....

Manny Pacquiao is good. Floyd Mayweather Jr. is better.

At least that’s the opinion of one of their common opponents.

Juan Manuel Marquez made his grand arrival Tuesday at the Mandalay Bay hotel lobby in preparation for his rematch with Juan Diaz this weekend.

With the reality still settling in that Pacquiao and Mayweather will not fight in 2010, Marquez offered his opinion on which of the two would win if they ever meet.

“I think Mayweather,” Marquez said. “He has the great defense. He can move, move, move. Pacquio has the power, but Mayweather has the intelligence, the speed and the counterpunches.”

Here's a video of him saying it...go to the 2:00 mark...

gbh32001
Did not Ricky Hatton/DelA Hoya also said thesame thing of Mayweather?I hope that's enough for Floyd to get confidence and will sign the contract. Although his daddy will not let him fight a southpaw, his team of YES men will, cause of $$$$$$$$$$$.
Run and Gun Game Calls
I pay little attention to what common opponents say. They are often wrong. Hell Holyfield said Tyson would knock out lennox lewis
Spyder
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Nov 17 2010, 03:17 PM) *
I pay little attention to what common opponents say. They are often wrong. Hell Holyfield said Tyson would knock out lennox lewis

I agree. I remember Pernell Whitaker saying that Tito would beat Oscar too, and as the fight played out, Oscar was obviously the better fighter. Common opponents will often downplay the guy that they feel they got a raw deal against.
Spyder
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 17 2010, 01:51 PM) *
Now that you mention it....yes....he has.

He said, "Mayweather would whoop Pacquiao's ass."...in Spanish.

laugh.gif

Nah...but seriously....he's said Mayweather would beat him more than a few times....

Here's a video of him saying it...go to the 2:00 mark...

Marquez is a true fighter... War Marquez!!!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 17 2010, 05:52 PM) *
Marquez is a true fighter... War Marquez!!!

Amen. His English sucks but his heart is gold. I'll take him into war anyday.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 17 2010, 06:46 PM) *
Amen. His English sucks but his heart is gold. I'll take him into war anyday.

most other fighters could learn from this dude.... its not undefeated records or what not its putting it all on the line everytime and cant nobody say marquez hasnt done that....
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Nov 16 2010, 04:36 PM) *
Floyd beat Shane who molested Margarito he is still #1. Until Pac fights and beats someone who actually looked good in their last fight he will be #2 imo.

I agree, Pac has become a master at beating damaged goods.......

QUOTE (Spyder @ Nov 17 2010, 07:31 AM) *
I think I've been pretty consistent about this point. When Mayweather fights, he's the best in the world. When he doesn't, Pac is.

When we watch floyed, we watch a master boxer out class world class fighters,.....when we watch manny, we watch a talented guy beating up guys who choose to slug.....

Dont get me wrong, Pac is tough for any fighter,......

But for a craftsman like floyed,.....small potatoes....

Pac= punchers chance
gbh32001
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Nov 19 2010, 07:04 AM) *
I agree, Pac has become a master at beating damaged goods.......

When we watch floyed, we watch a master boxer out class world class fighters,.....when we watch manny, we watch a talented guy beating up guys who choose to slug.....

Dont get me wrong, Pac is tough for any fighter,......

But for a craftsman like floyed,.....small potatoes....

Pac= punchers chance
That's what you think..Floy thinks he will get smash by this little yellow midget laugh.gif
Thegreatequalizer
i'm not real big on p4p rankings, but i would put pac above mayweather. even if they meet, it would depend on how it played out. if it's a close decision, i would still have manny up there regardless of the winner. manny is fighting way above his weight class, mayweather isn't. to put them on even ground is unfair. if that's the case, then klitschko would have to be p4p because he would destroy mayweather. when marquez fought mayweather, he was stepping up, not the other way around. if pac and mayweather fight, it's pac that's stepping up, not mayweather.
BrutalBodyShots
Pac's natural weight has been within 4 pounds of where it is now for the last 4 years... so if he faces Mayweather it's not quite "stepping up" at this stage.

Hops
Pacquiao deliberately weighted 144+ against Margarito in order to prevent Floyd from pulling "that trick" up his sleeve. Team Pacquiao know that Floyd would (or will) demand a 154-lb. fight. What's Floyd's fight night weight again against Juan Manuel Marquez?
gravytrain
QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 20 2010, 11:08 AM) *
Pacquiao deliberately weighted 144+ against Margarito in order to prevent Floyd from pulling "that trick" up his sleeve. Team Pacquiao know that Floyd would (or will) demand a 154-lb. fight. What's Floyd's fight night weight again against Juan Manuel Marquez?

I don't remember but I don't think he'd even be 155. I think Mayweather walks around at around 155. He's one of the few cats I can think of that stays close to his fighting weight and doesn't gain a lot during the second weigh in.

Why would Mayweather want Pac at 154? Mayweather has went up to 154 one time and that was for Oscar. He's probably comfortable at welterweight. I can remember Pac weighing in the 140s during fights so welterweight should be comfortable for both of them, the big difference is Mayweather has a significant reach advantage and he's a fighter that uses it.
gbh32001
QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 21 2010, 12:08 AM) *
You're off the hook their Hops'Who do you think Pac?DeLa Hoya?+4lbs gains fightnight?Pac fighting weight is 135 to 140 to get an even playing field. If Floyd beat him at 147, it's given because he is the bigger man but if Floyd beat him at 140 then I can say Floyd is the lb4lb of this generation.Even Floyd will beat Pac at 147 people will say he's too small for Floyd afterwards believe me. Pac only become great after slaying giants(tailor made for him) but you forget he's not that great at featherweights.Why they scape the lightweights?Because the competition is very high and the markee name but faded warrior is at 147.
gbh32001
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 21 2010, 04:02 AM) *
I don't remember but I don't think he'd even be 155. I think Mayweather walks around at around 155. He's one of the few cats I can think of that stays close to his fighting weight and doesn't gain a lot during the second weigh in.

Why would Mayweather want Pac at 154? Mayweather has went up to 154 one time and that was for Oscar. He's probably comfortable at welterweight. I can remember Pac weighing in the 140s during fights so welterweight should be comfortable for both of them, the big difference is Mayweather has a significant reach advantage and he's a fighter that uses it.
It's not only reach advantage, it's all "tale of the tape" advantage. The only advantage for pac is the unmeasurable heart, determination and persistency.
JD
Floyd has a 5 inch reach advantage, but that only equates to a 1.5 inch arm length advantage.
gravytrain
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Nov 20 2010, 03:12 PM) *
It's not only reach advantage, it's all "tale of the tape" advantage. The only advantage for pac is the unmeasurable heart, determination and persistency.

I think the years of getting his face smashed in has prepared him for some lead right hands too.

QUOTE (JD @ Nov 20 2010, 07:02 PM) *
Floyd has a 5 inch reach advantage, but that only equates to a 1.5 inch arm length advantage.

That's an extra 1.5 inches Pac will have to come in to get in range with Mayweather.
JD
I don't think that measurable will make a difference. Judah was able to bother Floyd early quite a bit from the southpaw stance, and his arm length is an inch shorter than Pac's (2.5 inches shorter than Floyd).
gravytrain
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 20 2010, 08:55 PM) *
I don't think that measurable will make a difference. Judah was able to bother Floyd early quite a bit from the southpaw stance, and his arm length is an inch shorter than Pac's (2.5 inches shorter than Floyd).

Pac is about as slick as a gravel road though.
JD
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 20 2010, 08:58 PM) *
Pac is about as slick as a gravel road though.

I would not call him slick...but I also think that he has better legs than anyone in the sport by far in my opinion, which makes him harder to get to than I think many believe.

That said, I don't consider Judah to be all that slick either (see supremely skilled defensively), but he is a southpaw with handspeed who fought disciplined against Floyd until PBF adjusted. In fact, I would say that Pac is harder to get to than Judah.

I think each guy (Pac and Floyd) poses issues for the other.
AussieLad
Who you think would win because of physical attributes or percieved level of skill is fairly irrelevant. All that matters is that despite it being a huge legacy fight with mega dollars involved, floyd still doesnt want to fight manny. We will endure years of verbal nonsense from the mayweathers, but when it comes to putting pen to paper, floyd wont be able to make his mark because his hands are shaking too much. The fucker doesnt want to fight, plain and simple... Manny # 1, Floyds just a big steaming fly blown pile of number 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.