Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why does Roy want to fight Adamek?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Col Reb
This sounds so absurd to me. Is Roy trying to go back up to HW? Why Adamek of all people; Roy will get seriously hurt. If Roy wants to move up and keep fighting, at least fight someone really slow who is lacking skill.
King Eugene
Warlord
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Nov 18 2010, 02:56 AM) *
This sounds so absurd to me. Is Roy trying to go back up to HW? Why Adamek of all people; Roy will get seriously hurt. If Roy wants to move up and keep fighting, at least fight someone really slow who is lacking skill.

Where'd you hear about this?

Roy should've never left heavyweight to begin with. Now it's too late for him, whatever weight class he goes to.
Warlord
Roy should find Chris Byrd and make him suck down to Light Heavyweight (again). He might actually win that fight.
BigG
Would rather see Roy fight older greats..like Holyfield. Adamek kills Roy at this point..
King Eugene
ESPN

I called Main Events promoter Kathy Duva, who co-promotes Adamek, to find out what was up. She said Adamek idolizes Jones and that they met in person at the Prudential Center in Newark two weeks ago, where Adamek attended the Zab Judah-Lucas Matthysse card she promoted and Jones was working the HBO broadcast as an analyst. However, that was it.

"They met at the Judah fight and they talked," Duva said. "But that fight is nothing being considered. We talked to Adamek about it and he knows it's not the direction for him to go in. It was something where Roy asked Adamek if he would fight him and Tomasz was probably just being polite to a guy he idolizes. I think things were probably misunderstood. That's not a fight that's going to happen. That is certainly not a fight I'd work on.

We can put it to rest now.
Spyder
D-MARV
If Roy fights on, he needs to fight irrelevant fighters like James Toney or Antonio Tarver.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 18 2010, 05:17 AM) *
Doesn't Roy value his life?

Apparently not.

Watching Roy now has gotten just as embarrassing as watching Ray Leonard when he didn't know when to stay gone...just terrible.
gravytrain
I wonder what goes on in the mind of Roy Jones, that motherfuckers ego is still outrageous. He's like that cat on Monty Python getting all his limbs cut off talking about "it's only a flesh wound".
jlupi
I wonder what goes on in the mind of Roy Jones, that motherfuckers ego is still outrageous>>>>

He knows where he's at. Now its about $$$.
alaganza
At this point why would Roy want to fight anyone.

Maybe Roy doesn't watch any of his fight footage lately.

Or maybe his accountant doesn't tell him there is a difference with his fight purses nowadays. dntknw.gif

Mean Mister Mustard
If they put on a Jones-Toney PPV with some decent fighters in the undercard, then I would watch it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.