Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao-Hopkins!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
ViperSniper
Who wins??

Roach happens to think Pacman beats Bernard if they square off dntknw.gif

I just want to see what people think about this massive comment made by Freddie? I personally think he is a fucking delusional loud mouth who tends to talk a lot of bullshit!
gravytrain
It'd be a horrible way for Pac to end his career lol.
The Original MrFactor
I think Freddie is serious too. This is one he actually may be lobbying for. He put it out there for a reason. I think he'd force Hopkins to suck down to 158or so. In doing that, he'd be bringing in an older fighter who has to become a crackhead to make weight. Manny may come in at 151 or something and throw enough punches to win a decision. Hopkins is just an inch and a half taller than Margarito. He very economic with his punches and has been outworked/outhustled to a decision. I'm not saying Manny would win, but in theory, Freddie may be on to something.
King Eugene
LOL Roach and his damn mouth I tell ya. I know I know Hopkins made the comment about Pac and Black fighters but he never challenged the man. Somebody please slap the shakes out of Roach please.
kidbazooka1
This fight ain't happening EVER.

But f*ck Hopkins that racist Muthaf*cker needs to hang em up he looked like sh*t against a badly washed up Jones.
BrutalBodyShots
Well the question is whether or not you think Hopkins would be able to catch Pacquiao and knock him out.

If not, no way does Hopkins win a decision...

Not as crazy as some may think lol.
thehype
THE Pacquiao TKO 9!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 20 2010, 01:51 AM) *
THE Pacquiao TKO 9!

Shit!!! LOL!!!

I am the biggest Pac Man fan, EVER!!!! But if Hype's prediction came true, Manny would have to be on something!!!! I mean, REALLY something!!!! LOL!!!

But, no this fight is not happening. No way.

Jack
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Umm somebody better post a link of this craziness.
Snoop
As if the circus hasn't gone far enough.
King Eugene
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Nov 20 2010, 03:10 AM) *
Umm somebody better post a link of this craziness.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=5820908

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/...age=hill/101119

Besides...dont forget Hopkins got a fight coming up. This is just a ploy to attract some more viewers.
Maxy
OK, so apart from Mayweather, where are all these African American fighters who Pac could fight right now and not be favoured to beat?
King Eugene
QUOTE (Maxy @ Nov 20 2010, 05:31 AM) *
OK, so apart from Mayweather, where are all these African American fighters who Pac could fight right now and not be favoured to beat?

Off subject but just a curious question for you Maxy. How do you see a Whitaker vs. Pacquaio fight playing out at 147?
jkfitpro
QUOTE (Maxy @ Nov 20 2010, 05:31 AM) *

Exactly
Maxy
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 20 2010, 06:00 AM) *
Off subject but just a curious question for you Maxy. How do you see a Whitaker vs. Pacquaio fight playing out at 147?

At any weight below 147 Whitaker schools Pac. Pernell would counter punch him to death being able to draw him in, step to his blind side and hit him with good crisp shots before disappearing off the radar again. Whitaker enjoyed himself with southpaws because he could take away the jab without having to worry about the straight right hand. Aggressive fighters who come at Whitaker are easy for him to dissect because he was so quick of the mind and his elusive, evasive abilities are unparalleled in the modern era. Many people compare Whitaker to Floyd but for me the only similarities are they are/were both great counter punchers. Floyd isn't a southpaw, his footwork is nowhere near the level of Whitaker, his work rate doesn't compare with Sweet Pea and don't even talk about the jab. Anyway, at welterweight Pernell would find it a harder fight with Pac because his activity had slowed down a bit at the higher weight but stylistically everything is the same. Pac is still coming at him but Pernell, IMO the greatest boxer I've ever seen, is too smart for Manny. He might get hit more at 147 than he would have at the lower weights but Whitaker was great at making you fight his fight. He could sit inside and make Pac miss, whilst peppering him with the counter shots. His boxing ability on the back foot is magical and with Pac continuously coming forward the fight would play greatly into Pernell's hands. Think Marquez but ten times more effective.
Maxy
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 20 2010, 08:19 AM) *
Man, talk about a storm in a teacup.

"Floyd Mayweather would beat Manny Pacquiao because the styles that African-American fighters -- and I mean, black fighters from the streets or the inner cities -- would be successful," said Hopkins, according to Fanhouse.com. "I think Floyd Mayweather would pot-shot Pacquiao and bust him up in between the four-to-five punches that Pacquiao throws and then set him up later on down the line."

How the hell did anything in the article indicate he was racist? He is saying that the style of certain african/american fighters would be wrong for Pacquiao. I thought the same thing, and why I wouldn't mind seeing an Alexander or Bradley fight (depending on how they look in their fight). Mexican's have a style and if someone were to say that someone struggles with a mexican fighter, nothing would be wrong with that. Europeans have a style and oddly.....................enough,

so do african-americans.

That's a double loaded question I think Maxy. Apart from Mayweather, I doubt you could find a black, brown, white or yellow that would be favoured to beat Pacquiao. But that said, other than a Mayweather fight, there isn't really any fight that is better than a fight against some of the top 140 fighters, and funnily enough are black. His camp have said that is his optimal weight and I think they would be interesting fights.

Yeah I agree with you. Pac can fight Alexander and Bradley but I think he beats them both so I'm not overly interested at this stage.

I'm also of the opinion that Manny-Floyd HAS to happen in 2011. It's the biggest and the best fight out there right now and I'm a little surprised that some people don't care either way. It'll be a tragedy if they don't fight.

Someone on this board was talking about the likes of Berto and Amir Khan as viable opponents but does anyone really care for those fights right now?
PR316
Too many weight classes apart.

Plus, if Pacquiao's team aren't interested in a fight with Paul Williams, then why would they wanna fight Hopkins who is also over 6 feet and has a slick defensive style??

This fight is never happening I agree.

I'm doubtful Mayweather will come to the table to fight Pacquiao honestly, so I can't see this far fetched idea coming to fruition.
JD
Joshua Clottey is....white?
jlupi
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 20 2010, 10:21 AM) *

he's a shade too black. plus he has a white name. take your pick.

Who was the slick black fighter Hops could have fought during his reign at MW? The slickest fighter that pops in my head is Steve Ottke and last I checked he was kind of pale.
Hops
Hopkins will whoop Pac's ass!! If Hopkins would just be in it for the money, then he'd lose by draining himself too much.
Snoop
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 20 2010, 04:21 PM) *

No no, see he's African, not African American.

laugh.gif

But in all seriousness I see what Hopkins is trying to say, he's just choosing his words poorly. I mean certain styles come from certain parts of the world and the style he's talking about usually originates from places predominately populated by blacks. But there's nothing innate about African Americans that will beat Pacquiao. It's the style, not the race. I think he's trying to connect two things that are correlated but in actuality not related.
Method
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 20 2010, 11:46 AM) *

But in all seriousness I see what Hopkins is trying to say, he's just choosing his words poorly. I mean certain styles come from certain parts of the world and the style he's talking about usually originates from places predominately populated by blacks. But there's nothing innate about African Americans that will beat Pacquiao. It's the style, not the race. I think he's trying to connect two things that are correlated but in actuality not related.

Glad someone else understood it. He basically said it was the "slick, black style". It had nothing to do with race. It had to do with style. Ignorant motherfuckers are so fucking race sensitive that you mention the words black, yellow, etc, and all the sudden, it's "Get Al Sharpton on the phone". Its a joke.

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 20 2010, 02:28 AM) *
LOL Roach and his damn mouth I tell ya. I know I know Hopkins made the comment about Pac and Black fighters but he never challenged the man. Somebody please slap the shakes out of Roach please.

Exactly.

BTW, anywhere 165 up, Hopkins slaps the yellow off of Paq. It wouldn't happen anywhere below that, so I wont even go there. Freddie was just talking shit. He wasn't seriously challenging Hopkins. Hopkins footwork ALONE would give Pacquiao fits...but whatever.

[/thread for christ's sake]

QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 20 2010, 08:19 AM) *
Man, talk about a storm in a teacup.

"Floyd Mayweather would beat Manny Pacquiao because the styles that African-American fighters -- and I mean, black fighters from the streets or the inner cities -- would be successful," said Hopkins, according to Fanhouse.com. "I think Floyd Mayweather would pot-shot Pacquiao and bust him up in between the four-to-five punches that Pacquiao throws and then set him up later on down the line."

How the hell did anything in the article indicate he was racist? He is saying that the style of certain african/american fighters would be wrong for Pacquiao. I thought the same thing, and why I wouldn't mind seeing an Alexander or Bradley fight (depending on how they look in their fight). Mexican's have a style and if someone were to say that someone struggles with a mexican fighter, nothing would be wrong with that. Europeans have a style and oddly.....................enough, so do african-americans.

Thank you fucking FITZIE!!!!

...NOW [/thread]
Spyder

laugh.gif

Paulie Malanaggi and Paul Spadafora fight with that style too, but I doubt that Hopkins would champion their efforts to beat Pac. He wasn't talking about the style. He was just trying to attach his name to someone more relevant than himself by saying something controversial.
Method
Stop.
neophyte7

laugh.gif

Excellent analysis....
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Nov 20 2010, 06:31 PM) *
Paulie Malanaggi and Paul Spadafora fight with that style too, but I doubt that Hopkins would champion their efforts to beat Pac. He wasn't talking about the style. He was just trying to attach his name to someone more relevant than himself by saying something controversial.

I'm sure that Hopkins finds more comradery with someone like Mayweather as opposed to Spadafora simply based on the fact that they share the same skin color. But it's like traveling to a foreign country and finding someone who speaks English, or clicking with someone because you're both Italian; You connect because you share the same experience and there is some medium of pride in your commonalities.

But that doesn't necessarily make it "racist". It's not like Hopkins is on some black supremacy shit saying "black fighters are superior to every other race". He's making a generalization about styles and fighters, which 8 times out of 10 is probably true. You come from this school of boxing located in this part of town, populated mostly by this demographic of people and you come out with this type of style. What I'm focused on is if he's saying these fighters will beat Pacquiao because black fighters naturally have this style, or that they'll beat Pacquiao because of the style and it comes from places that are usually populated by black fighters. It could be a little of both, but I don't wanna digress into that topic.

But all in all, I don't think he's really explicitly saying either one of them, so people who are crying "racism" are just reading into it too far IMO. Anytime they hear black fighter beat Asian fighter they automatically simplify the comment to something racial, when there's much more non-racial elements involved.
JD

laugh.gif

He is African...not African American. LOL...I hear you, Bernard is just not the most articulate or sharpest dude and he does love bringing race into shit. So yes, Pac just fought a black guy, just not a black guy that B-Hop is tight with or who falls into the category of slick.

That said, if he wants to see Pac fight his buddy Mosley, does Sugar Shane really have the style that falls into the slick black dude mold? Not so much.
The CEO
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Nov 20 2010, 01:38 AM) *
Who wins??

Roach happens to think Pacman beats Bernard if they square off dntknw.gif

I just want to see what people think about this massive comment made by Freddie? I personally think he is a fucking delusional loud mouth who tends to talk a lot of bullshit!

Freddie Roach is the reason I won't donate to any Parkinson's Foundations...

Fuckin' sick of his fake, arrogant ass.....wish he'd get a strong shake goin' durin' his $100 haircut and stab himself in the jugular.
JD
So you don't really like Roach?
The CEO
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 20 2010, 06:52 PM) *
So you don't really like Roach?

lol...nope...not in the least bit...come to think of it, I've never liked anyone named Roach...
Method
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 20 2010, 06:51 PM) *
Freddie Roach is the reason I won't donate to any Parkinson's Foundations...

Fuckin' sick of his fake, arrogant ass.....wish he'd get a strong shake goin' durin' his $100 haircut and stab himself in the jugular.

Wrd.

All aboard!!!!!!!!!!!

The Freddie Roach Shake n Stutter Stage Coach!

That said, if he wants to see Pac fight his buddy Mosley, does Sugar Shane really have the style that falls into the slick black dude mold? Not so much.

Shane is definitely not that slickster style Hops was referring to.
Hops
A lot of people hate Pac because he's slowly squeezing out their arguments. Pac's allowing them to dish out criticisms and boom... one down. Then another... then another.
Method
QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 20 2010, 10:47 PM) *
A lot of people hate Pac because he's slowly squeezing out their arguments. Pac's allowing them to dish out criticisms and boom... one down. Then another... then another.

catchweight after catchweight...here comes another.
Hops
Nope. He'll no longer fight catchweights. Then, people have to invent some more criticisms/arguments and they'll get crushed. The more those haters will get pissed off.

Kinda like inventing the the-fight-was-fixed for the Clottey fight. Heck, there's even the acne-because-of-roids a while ago. laugh.gif
The CEO
^^^

Disciple of .

I got an idea....how about Martinez-Pacquiao at 156?...Margarito has a win over him...should be no problem at all.

Haters > huggers...everytime.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 21 2010, 12:11 AM) *
^^^

Disciple of .

I got an idea....how about Martinez-Pacquiao at 156?...Margarito has a win over him...should be no problem at all.

156? No, that would be too comfortable for Maravilla. better make it a 149 pound limit.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 21 2010, 12:01 AM) *
156? No, that would be too comfortable for Maravilla. better make it a 149 pound limit.

ROFLMAO!!!!
Snoop
Martinez @ 152 for the middleweight championship, then Hopkins @ 156 for the LHW Championship, then the Klitskchos @ 178 for the HW Championship, then we'll have Manny Pacquiao, HW Champion of the World!
Spyder
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 21 2010, 12:11 AM) *
^^^

Disciple of .

You're like Robert E Lee, man...Great at what you do, but on the wrong side of History. lol
Method
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 21 2010, 04:23 AM) *
Martinez @ 152 for the middleweight championship, then Hopkins @ 156 for the LHW Championship, then the Klitskchos @ 178 for the HW Championship, then we'll have Manny Pacquiao, HW Champion of the World!

EXACTLY. Now if we could only get ESPN to "catch" on (pun intended).
streetlion1
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Nov 20 2010, 08:41 PM) *
Agree. This version of Mosley would not fall under that category as he hardy moves his head and his feet are as flat as a board these days.

I see what Hopkins is sayin but imo it doesn't have to be a "African-American" style with speed, slickness and elusiveness but more so just a boxer. Last boxers Manny fought were at Featherweight and they gave him all he can handle, who also managed to back him up with more than one punch which no one has done for a while either.

Manny won't fight the guys at 140, can't even fight at 147 with normal circumstances, can't fight at 154 with normal circumstances, won't fight Floyd or won't fight Williams and Freddie wants to bring up a name like Hopkins?? They should put their own shit into perspective and work with that before they start shootin their mouths at a guy fighting his next fight at Light Heavyweight.

good post
streetlion1
Roach just needs for Manny to get his overrated ass slapped back into reality...Mayweather is the one to do it!
The CEO
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 21 2010, 01:01 AM) *

QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 21 2010, 04:23 AM) *

QUOTE (Method @ Nov 21 2010, 09:10 AM) *
EXACTLY. Now if we could only get ESPN to "catch" on (pun intended).

laugh.gif

Catch as catch can.

QUOTE (Spyder @ Nov 21 2010, 05:58 AM) *
You're like Robert E Lee, man...Great at what you do, but on the wrong side of History. lol

Does that mean Torvix is Ulysses S. Grant?...lol
Spyder
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 21 2010, 12:40 PM) *
Does that mean Torvix is Ulysses S. Grant?...lol

laugh.gif

Torvix is more like Ulysses S. Grant's gardener...
gravytrain
CEO: You've my support on the hate of Pac. I'm a prime contender for the hater of the century, Stevenski is just a pretender. We've got to stop the madness.

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 21 2010, 01:01 AM) *

I bet team Pac would raise hell if he tried to rehydrate with an IV talking about it'd be unfair lol.

QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 20 2010, 10:55 PM) *
Nope. He'll no longer fight catchweights. Then, people have to invent some more criticisms/arguments and they'll get crushed. The more those haters will get pissed off.

Kinda like inventing the the-fight-was-fixed for the Clottey fight. Heck, there's even the acne-because-of-roids a while ago. laugh.gif

The Clottey fight wasn't fixed, Clottey is just a chump. Clottey has always been a chump. He's a big black pussy so I might just have to call him Precious.

QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 20 2010, 10:47 PM) *

Knowing Pac he'd try to argue with a mute motherfucker with no hands.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 21 2010, 04:44 PM) *
CEO: You've my support on the hate of Pac. I'm a prime contender for the hater of the century, Stevenski is just a pretender. We've got to stop the madness.

I bet team Pac would raise hell if he tried to rehydrate with an IV talking about it'd be unfair lol.

The Clottey fight wasn't fixed, Clottey is just a chump. Clottey has always been a chump. He's a big black pussy so I might just have to call him Precious.

Knowing Pac he'd try to argue with a mute motherfucker with no hands.

Roach would demand an immediate drug test to see if they didn't pump Martinez full of Christ Blood.
Snoop
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 21 2010, 11:08 PM) *
Roach would demand an immediate drug test to see if they didn't pump Martinez full of Christ Blood.

laugh.gif
The CEO
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 21 2010, 04:44 PM) *

I respect your endeavor and fully welcome your support...

but I see you don't know your Hating History.....I, am The Greatest Hater OAT...on this board, on the internet, and IRL.

This is a universally accepted fact among those in the know...

Keep doin' what you're doin' though, and someday you may be one of The ATGS....I can tell you have extrasensory reception to The Wonders Of Professional Hating.

thumbsup_anim.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 22 2010, 08:44 AM) *

Look I may have been chillin but my hate game is at a level you only fantasise about.
JD
CEO hates very well...he impresses me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.