Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10ET/9CT/7PT: Williams vs, Martinez II(SPOILERS 45 Mins. Later)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
This is our pin-up thread for all the action and post-fight reactions to tonight's Martinez-Williams rematch. Keep everything in this thread. Only private streams are allowed through E-mail or PM's.

Note the later SPOILER note, because the Pacquiao-Margarito replay is expected first.

Jack

Administrator
mexi-cutioner
Just wathed the Erdei-Onyango sparring session lol.... I like Erdei's style he fights smart but he lacks aggression. It'd be interesting to see how he does against the other top light heavyweights out there (ala the pascals, dawsons, clouds, hopkins and cleverly's of the world..)
Mean Mister Mustard
Martinez has been displaying extremely high levels of confidence. He might show up with something to prove and tries to be even more aggressive, which would not be a good plan for him.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 20 2010, 11:06 PM) *
Martinez has been displaying extremely high levels of confidence. He might show up with something to prove and tries to be even more aggressive, which would not be a good plan for him.

I agree. I think martinez needs to counter like he did last time and land the more telling sound blows....hope for a knockdown and/or decision.

I just don't see him outworking paul unless paul is just completely off tonight.

KO williams 1st round. LOL
KookedKrack
I'm excited for this fight Martinez looks focused and Williams is 168 damn

drinks.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
Well Martinez predicting a KO. I Hope that for his sake he's bluffing.
HaydelHammer
Great 1st rd
HaydelHammer
WOW
KookedKrack
holyyyyy shitttt
JLUVBABY
DAMN!!!!
TheFonz
La Maravilla
Mean Mister Mustard
Well, iy was going to happen to him eventually. Martinez's plan seemed to worked perfectly despite my doubts about his strategy.
D-MARV
Martinez is P4P King... Fuck pacquiao!
Mean Mister Mustard
Damn, my grammar is shit due to focusing on the replay. Williams was out.
The CEO
wooooooooooOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 20 2010, 10:26 PM) *

sergio is a legit fight for pac if floyd doesnt step up... screw mosley.... lol...
D-MARV
KO of the Year and Fighter of the Year!!!! PWill still my dawg though.
Box in Hand
HBO was on Williams dick but you could see he was open for a left handed shot from the opening bell. I yelled that in my house and round 2 left puts him to sleep lmao. He ain't ready for nobody not Pac, not Mayweather, nobody!
D-MARV
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 20 2010, 11:28 PM) *
sergio is a legit fight for pac if floyd doesnt step up... screw mosley.... lol...

LMAO... Pacquiao and Mayweather just shit themselves.... there not fucking with Serge!
Box in Hand
Martinez may have a style to beat Mayweather not sure but he kills Pacquiao.
The CEO
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 20 2010, 11:26 PM) *

Agreed...Martinez just took Pacquiao's spot with that performance.

It's between Martinez and Mayweather now.

Dropped him and didn't look back.

shok.gif shok.gif

Fighter of The Year.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 20 2010, 08:18 PM) *
Well Martinez predicting a KO. I Hope that for his sake he's bluffing.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALLL THE HATERS GOT SHUT UP

MARAVILAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D-MARV
Sergio is Fighter of the Year (No Doubt).

That win shits on any of Pacquiao's wins since Morales.

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Nov 20 2010, 11:32 PM) *
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALLL THE HATERS GOT SHUT UP

MARAVILAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hater?

Anyway, this should really seal the deal for Martinez as Fighter of the year.
The CEO
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 20 2010, 11:33 PM) *
Sergio is Fighter of the Year (No Doubt).

That win shits on any of Pacquiao's wins since Morales.

Easily.

Fighter Of The Year, KO Of The Year, and Trainer Of The Year.

Team Martinez just OWNED that shit.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 20 2010, 11:30 PM) *
Martinez may have a style to beat Mayweather not sure but he kills Pacquiao.

are you high/drunk? lol Paq gets knocked out! Close decision with lil floyd. I'm just wondering who he fights next, What about a rubber match with Williams?
D-MARV
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Nov 20 2010, 11:35 PM) *
are you high/drunk? lol Paq gets knocked out! Close decision with lil floyd. I'm just wondering who he fights next, What about a rubber match with Williams?

PWill better not EVER fight Sergio again, His career may be over.
Mean Mister Mustard
Well he was doing okay until he got caught. The guy gets hit very often and it was only a matter of time until someone dented that chin for good. That's his own fault though.
mexi-cutioner
I could see Martinez capitalizing with his awkward style and pulling off a close one against Floyd. He has the angles, size, speed and stamina to keep up wtih FLoyd
KookedKrack
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 21 2010, 12:31 AM) *
Agreed...Martinez just took Pacquiao's spot with that performance.

It's between Martinez and Mayweather now.

Dropped him and didn't look back.

shok.gif shok.gif

Fighter of The Year.

I don't think Floyd or Pac will be quick to get in the ring with him.

They are both sitting at home right now with the shok.gif face like we are.
caneman
AMAZING INDEED! Turned an iron chin to glass in one punch! I really hope that don't ruin Paul but fighter of the year right there! IDK about what some are saying but that was a major statement no doubt!
Method
That was a nasty KO, but it wasn't so much of a skill shot. Williams threw a left hook. his arms are longer, he was in close, so it took longer to hook around to land. Martinez looked like he damn near stepped to his right, and then closed his damn eyes and landed his shot with shorter arms.

Nasty, nasty KO. All props to Martinez. I appreciate his accomplishments. As nasty as the KO was, man, it just seemed sorta like he landed somewhat of a hay-maker.

Im not hating. Just stating.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 20 2010, 11:37 PM) *
PWill better not EVER fight Sergio again, His career may be over.

lol Maybe this was they wake-up call he needed. Hopefully he takes some time off and learn how to use his reach.
Mean Mister Mustard
The only way Pacquiao fights him is if Martinez comes in at 150 pounds lol. I'm pretty sure Arum is going to pit his golden goose against Mosley.

Martinez can take on a top 154 pound contender or finally drive Felix Sturm out of Germany if he wants to.
Method
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Nov 20 2010, 11:42 PM) *
lol Maybe this was they wake-up call he needed. Hopefully he takes some time off and learn how to use his reach.

He DEFINITELY doesnt need to be so close to guys. MISTAKE #1. You got that freakish reach. Use it.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 20 2010, 11:41 PM) *
That was a nasty KO, but it wasn't so much of a skill shot. Williams threw a left hook. his arms are longer, he was in close, so it took longer to hook around to land. Martinez looked like he damn near stepped to his right, and then closed his damn eyes and landed his shot with shorter arms.

Nasty, nasty KO. All props to Martinez. I appreciate his accomplishments. As nasty as the KO was, man, it just seemed sorta like he landed somewhat of a hay-maker.

Im not hating. Just stating.

Martinez landed that very same shot in the first fight. He timed PWill perfectly.
HaydelHammer
Much props to sergio. Both these guys need to get props for fighting each other in their prime and giving it their all man. This was good for boxing tonight.

Reminds me of hagler hearns (not exactly the same) but just two top guys in their prime trying to see who is better.
Method
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 20 2010, 11:44 PM) *
Martinez landed that very same shot in the first fight. He timed PWill perfectly.

It seemed more ...lucky...than timed. Lucky is probably too extreme a word...but it definitely seemed like he just threw it up...and it landed.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Nov 20 2010, 10:35 PM) *

I said what I said and I meant it. Martinez beats the hell out of Pac and may have a style to beat Floyd. Bitch.
pesticid
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 21 2010, 12:46 AM) *
It seemed more ...lucky...than timed. Lucky is probably too extreme a word...but it definitely seemed like he just threw it up...and it landed.

I don't know... he was landing that looping left hook for the previous 13 rounds so I don't see it lucky at all.
PR316
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 21 2010, 01:41 AM) *
AMAZING INDEED! Turned an iron chin to glass in one punch! I really hope that don't ruin Paul but fighter of the year right there! IDK about what some are saying but that was a major statement no doubt!

I felt the same way.

Though I thought Martinez was slightly winning, I was disappointed it ended that way because it looked like we were headed for a really good fight.

But Sergio did make a statement. No way Mayweather ever goes near him. Maybe Pacquiao would if there isn't a lucrative enough pay day out there for him(Assuming PBF doesn't come to the table and I personally don't think he will).

Martinez has been underrated a long time.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 20 2010, 11:43 PM) *
He DEFINITELY doesnt need to be so close to guys. MISTAKE #1. You got that freakish reach. Use it.

EXACTLY! I thinks he's going to start focusing more on that. Who knows, that might make him more exciting.
The CEO
Holy SHIT that was impressive...

I remember predicting Sergio by stoppage in their first fight...but I sure as Hell didn't expect THAT kinda stoppage tonight.
pesticid
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 21 2010, 12:49 AM) *
Holy SHIT that was impressive...

I remember predicting Sergio by stoppage in their first fight...but I sure as Hell didn't expect THAT kinda stoppage tonight.

I bet $20 on a drwa to win $470 so Iam slightly disappointed
D-MARV
I've been saying that Martinez would beat Floyd for over a year now. This fight just ensures that a Mayweather-Martinez fight will never happen.

Martinez should go beat the shit out of Sturm next.
The Original MrFactor
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never saw that one coming... And neither did I...

Reminded me of the Williams/Sharmbe Mitchel fight. Williams ability to get hit finally caught up with him. He got away with it, with Mitchel. He got away with it with Quintanna. He even got away with it with Margarito. I said a few years back after the Mitchel fight that he gets hit way too much by welterweights. I though he would be a good jr middle and even middle, but he still makes the mistakes he made at WW. He obviously cant afford to make those mistakes with guys at 160, who can take his head off with one shot.

I thought with more time to train, Williams would be better this time against Martinez. It did look to me like Martinez was hurt badly with a body shot shortly before the KO. Looked to me like Williams chased an injured tiger into a corner.

Time for Williams to get a new trainer. The guy he has now isnt able to reach him. Williams should dominate guys at this weight much like Wlad dominates HW. Williams is just a bit too eager to brawl. Well, this time he paid the price. Williams should be giving Emanual Steward a call. Hopefully Manny's experience with tall fighters can be a benefit to Williams.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 20 2010, 11:52 PM) *
I've been saying that Martinez would beat Floyd for over a year now. This fight just ensures that a Mayweather-Martinez fight will never happen.

Martinez should go beat the shit out of Sturm next.

It's about time Sturm fought a top guy. Sylvester, Castillejo and Randy Griffin are decent fighters but he hasn't fought a big name since DLH.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 20 2010, 11:47 PM) *
I said what I said and I meant it. Martinez beats the hell out of Pac and may have a style to beat Floyd. Bitch.

Thats funny because you clearly just changed your whole statement. But bitches will be bitches want they?! laugh.gif
The CEO
QUOTE (pesticid @ Nov 20 2010, 11:51 PM) *
I bet $20 on a drwa to win $470 so Iam slightly disappointed

lol...sorry, bud...but a Draw WAS lookin' nice...I backed off on it at the last second...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Nov 20 2010, 11:52 PM) *
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never saw that one coming... And neither did I...

Reminded me of the Williams/Sharmbe Mitchel fight. Williams ability to get hit finally caught up with him. He got away with it, with Mitchel. He got away with it with Quintanna. He even got away with it with Margarito. I said a few years back after the Mitchel fight that he gets hit way too much by welterweights. I though he would be a good jr middle and even middle, but he still makes the mistakes he made at WW. He obviously cant afford to make those mistakes with guys at 160, who can take his head off with one shot.

I thought with more time to train, Williams would be better this time against Martinez. It did look to me like Martinez was hurt badly with a body shot shortly before the KO. Looked to me like Williams chased an injured tiger into a corner.

Time for Williams to get a new trainer. The guy he has now isnt able to reach him. Williams should dominate guys at this weight much like Wlad dominates HW. Williams is just a bit too eager to brawl. Well, this time he paid the price. Williams should be giving Emanual Steward a call. Hopefully Manny's experience with tall fighters can be a benefit to Williams.

That seems like a good idea. Williams has shown that he can adapt in rematches but, as you and everyone else has said, he has too many defensive holes. He does need a new trainer or at least take some time off to focus on tightening up his defense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.