Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big KO's from not so big punches.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ViperSniper
Johnson KO9 Jones
Whitiker TKO11 Hurtado
Ottke KO8 Mundine

What else is out there?
Maxy
One that really jumps out at me when I read this thread title was Michael Nunn knocking out Sumbu Kalambay with one punch.
Hops
Hopkins' body shot on Dela Hoya. laugh.gif
Maxy
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 23 2010, 09:21 AM) *
I guess I view that punch a bit differently than you do. That is what I consider a big punch.

No, it was definitely a big punch. I read the thread as Big KO's from not so big PUNCHERS, rather than punches.
ROLL DEEP
Youtube links would be nice.

I'm (and probably everyone else are) too lazy to search for them thumbsup_anim.gif
Maxy
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Nov 23 2010, 12:25 PM) *
Youtube links would be nice.

I'm (and probably everyone else are) too lazy to search for them thumbsup_anim.gif

Whether it's relevant or not, it's still a great KO.

ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Maxy @ Nov 23 2010, 11:56 AM) *
Whether it's relevant or not, it's still a great KO.

Woah, nice punch.

He got some good leverage on that bad boy! It hit him sort of from the blind side.
caneman
It sucks Nunn is in prison & we never seen him fight again....he could fight! That was a great punch!
neophyte7
Hagler KO Cave Man Lee KO 1... you have to be a grown ass man to know of this bout... A RIGHT JAB PUT CAVE MAN Lee in lala land en route to a 1st round stoppage in a bout that many thought would be a stiff test to Hagler. William " Cave Man Lee" was a beast...
AussieLad

Skip through to about 4.15. Then the replay with a different angle at 6.10. I think Stephen Hawking wouldnt have even gone down from that shot. Made me think that maybe Kimbo had been KO'd in sparring, and his chin was still shaky
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Nov 23 2010, 08:01 AM) *
One that really jumps out at me when I read this thread title was Michael Nunn knocking out Sumbu Kalambay with one punch.

i do not agree.... nunn layed sumbu out... that was a one punch hitter quitter...
JLUVBABY
Maxy
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 23 2010, 04:34 PM) *
i do not agree.... nunn layed sumbu out... that was a one punch hitter quitter...

QUOTE (Maxy @ Nov 23 2010, 11:04 AM) *
No, it was definitely a big punch. I read the thread as Big KO's from not so big PUNCHERS, rather than punches.

There you go.
Oscare4
Ottke vs Mundine Go to about 3:10
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Oscare4 @ Nov 26 2010, 06:26 AM) *
Ottke vs Mundine Go to about 3:10

I don't know, that seems like a big shot to the temple to me. Perfectly timed, or just plain lucky, I think that was a solid shot.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 26 2010, 08:23 AM) *
I don't know, that seems like a big shot to the temple to me. Perfectly timed, or just plain lucky, I think that was a solid shot.

the shot was def solid... the replay shows mundines head ricochet when impacted with the punch... lol... he blazed that dude... rather he meant to do it is another question but the punch landed all the same.... lol...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 26 2010, 08:23 AM) *

the shot was def solid... the replay shows mundines head ricochet when impacted with the punch... lol... he blazed that dude... rather he meant to do it is another question but the punch landed all the same.... lol...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.