Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: green vs. flores...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
ok... i know maybe this fight maybe had nobody interested... but what happened in the fight needs people talking... what is up with these different drinks green drinks during the fight... this is some bullshit... watch for yourself....

D-MARV
Theres no outrage because nobody cares about Danny Green. Shit does look shady though.
JD
Can't you drink sports drinks between rounds if it is agreed upon...depending on state / country?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 23 2010, 07:39 PM) *
Can't you drink sports drinks between rounds if it is agreed upon...depending on state / country?

sports drinks yes... dude had more than a sports drink...
JD
It was against BJ Flores...so I'm alright with it.
caneman
SR says it's roids so we know it's true! lol! J/K Yes JD I believe that is true but it's funny, I don't remember it ever coming up as an issue!

It looks like green tea or something!
thehype
laugh.gif

It was a sports drink. Representatives of the IBO approved the use of it in both corners. BJ could've used it too. Still though...it does look shady. LOL.
D-MARV
Makes sense. It would be pretty silly to use illegal substances right in front of the cameras.
Spyder
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 23 2010, 09:16 PM) *
Makes sense. It would be pretty silly to use illegal substances right in front of the cameras.

Like Panama Lewis asking for "the one I mixed."

Yeah, THAT'S never been done before...
JLUVBABY
just saying guys... this is a big deal... its stuff like this that will slowly kill the sport.... rather nobody cares about the fight or not or no matter who it is against a fight should be fought and won on the up and up.. no matter what he's drinking if its not water or agreed upon sports drink its an illegal substance.. just saying..
Fitz
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 24 2010, 02:27 PM) *
just saying guys... this is a big deal... its stuff like this that will slowly kill the sport.... rather nobody cares about the fight or not or no matter who it is against a fight should be fought and won on the up and up.. no matter what he's drinking if its not water or agreed upon sports drink its an illegal substance.. just saying..

hype already answered it.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 24 2010, 02:27 PM) *

I don't get it if the IBO & WA boxing commission agreed & allowed electrolyte replacement drinks then what is the issue?

There has been no evidence of cheating whatsoever. It seems like the Roy jones issue when he bitched about the hand wraps which were legal under the law of the state they fought in.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.