Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is lil floyd breking down?...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
JLUVBABY
Seems like floyd is breaking down right before our eyes.... whats the damn deal with this guy?... It's getting to the point where its no way he doesnt spend time for some of the shit he's pulling... this just in... lol...

floyd in trouble yet again...
JD
It's like he is losing his ability to discern between his real life persona and his camera persona.
D-MARV
If this shit is true, Floyd deserves to be put UNDER the jail. It wouldn't shock me if this Williams guy just saw an opportunity to throw more dirt on Mayweatehr's name though.
Maxy
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 24 2010, 01:12 PM) *
If this shit is true, Floyd deserves to be put UNDER the jail. It wouldn't shock me if this Williams guy just saw an opportunity to throw more dirt on Mayweatehr's name though.

Yeah I tend to think that is the case.
gravytrain
Damn, Mayweather is thinking he's Tupac when he's really Malibu's Most Wanted.

However, this guy is going to have a hard time proving this without anything to back it up.
Hittman25
either way floyd shouldnt be putting hmself in these situations....i dont think ne one is just targeting maywheather...hes doin it to himself.....if iwas facing 35 years in jail i wouldnt be doin nething illegal til my name was cleared and all you hear is maywheather being a douche to regualr everyday people....the man is a shit human being im sorry he mite be the greatest defensive boxer to ever lived but hes gonnna be remembered as a guy that just couldnt keep his cool.....its one story after the other so im not gonna give mayhweather the benfit of the doubt not ne more in the beginning i did but not ne more....to hell with all the maywheathers
Maxy
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Nov 24 2010, 02:54 PM) *
either way floyd shouldnt be putting hmself in these situations....i dont think ne one is just targeting maywheather...hes doin it to himself.....if iwas facing 35 years in jail i wouldnt be doin nething illegal til my name was cleared and all you hear is maywheather being a douche to regualr everyday people....the man is a shit human being im sorry he mite be the greatest defensive boxer to ever lived but hes gonnna be remembered as a guy that just couldnt keep his cool.....its one story after the other so im not gonna give mayhweather the benfit of the doubt not ne more in the beginning i did but not ne more....to hell with all the maywheathers

Um, nope....
Run and Gun Game Calls
If Floyd gets locked up he can avoid a fight with Pac and claim he wasnt ducking him. hmmmm something to think about
caneman
I felt way back in 2001 that this kinda thing would happen to PBF so he did good making it this far! I actually believe he is doing all the things he is being accused of....it's all part of his bad boy persona! We'll have to see if all his money gets him outta trouble or not! He keeps the shit up, some real gangsta might show him what time it is! @ this rate, not only will we not see PBF/Pacman, we might not ever see him fight again!
D-MARV
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Nov 24 2010, 02:31 PM) *
If Floyd gets locked up he can avoid a fight with Pac and claim he wasnt ducking him. hmmmm something to think about

Yes. That's EXACTLY why Floyd wants to go to prison! rolleyes_anim.gif
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 24 2010, 03:03 PM) *

Yea that wasn't worth even commenting too in many ways...this is deeper than all of that! Prison ain't no joke for anyone & I doubt too many would but kissing his ass if he goes to a real prison! I can't help but feel if PBF fought Pac on the 13th that he might not have these 3 pending charges! This is sad stuff!
Snoop
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 24 2010, 09:03 PM) *

laugh.gif
gravytrain

Lol if Mayweather was and is such a scared fighter then how can you explain his opponents? Are scared fighters about to move up in weight and take on arguably the baddest the division has to offer without any catchweights or whatever else? I really doubt Mayweather sprouted a pussy after years making an honest run at proving he's a good fighter, he started putting the money before everything else.

I really doubt Mayweather is the reason this fight hasn't happened yet either, just something to think about.
caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 24 2010, 04:46 PM) *
Lol if Mayweather was and is such a scared fighter then how can you explain his opponents? Are scared fighters about to move up in weight and take on arguably the baddest the division has to offer without any catchweights or whatever else? I really doubt Mayweather sprouted a pussy after years making an honest run at proving he's a good fighter, he started putting the money before everything else.

I really doubt Mayweather is the reason this fight hasn't happened yet either, just something to think about.

Who is the baddest he fought? There won't be any catch weights in prison so good for him!
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 24 2010, 04:02 PM) *
Who is the baddest he fought? There won't be any catch weights in prison so good for him!

With the exception of not unifying he sure didn't seem scared moving from 130 to 140. He'd Corrales, Castillo, his title eliminator then Gatti. Why would he be scared to face someone like Pac? It'd be one thing for him to ask for a huge ring or 10oz gloves but saying this dude is about to go to jail to avoid a fight is borderline retarded.
thehype

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
D-MARV
Sad thing is, Run is dead serious with his statement.
gravytrain
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 24 2010, 04:28 PM) *
Sad thing is, Run is dead serious with his statement.

Think about it, man. Mayweather would trade gourmet food for some shit cooked by convicts. What about his plush mansion for a cell the size of his tub and a bed that's a metal shelf with a little mat on it? I know I'd want to go from living the rich life to making grilled cheeses with a iron and a paper bag to avoid fighting some cat I'll probably beat anyway. That or I'd stay the fuck out of jail, keep spending time in my mansion and driving my $100,000+ cars, and wait about a month to see who I'm fighting next.
AussieLad
Theres no smoke without fire. Floyd is a real dickhead. The money thing has gone to his brain and he thinks he is invulnerable.

As for 'theres no-one in prison willing to kiss his ass', dont be to sure. It would make my day if floyd came out after a stretch in prison walking like a cowboy.

caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 24 2010, 05:14 PM) *
With the exception of not unifying he sure didn't seem scared moving from 130 to 140. He'd Corrales, Castillo, his title eliminator then Gatti. Why would he be scared to face someone like Pac? It'd be one thing for him to ask for a huge ring or 10oz gloves but saying this dude is about to go to jail to avoid a fight is borderline retarded.

I don't @ all think PBF is afraid per say of anyone but that doesn't mean he will fight anyone! And saying PBF is going to jail(maybe prison)to avoid Pac is beyond board line retarded bro...that's why I said earlier that his comment wasn't worth commenting on! I think it's ashamed that PBF is heading down a road that is not a good one! This could turn out to be very serious if they go down back to back to back!
caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 24 2010, 05:14 PM) *

I don't @ all think PBF is afraid per say of anyone but that doesn't mean he will fight anyone! And saying PBF is going to jail(maybe prison)to avoid Pac is beyond board line retarded bro...that's why I said earlier that his comment wasn't worth commenting on! I think it's ashamed that PBF is heading down a road that is not a good one! This could turn out to be very serious if they go down back to back to back!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 24 2010, 01:03 PM) *

The Judge, "Son, I'm giving you a choice. You can go to jail for 2 years, join the USMC for 4 years, or fight Pac. What will it be?"

PBF, "I've always wanted to fight for my country, your honor. Can I serve in Iraqistan?"
Snoop
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 24 2010, 10:36 PM) *
Think about it, man. Mayweather would trade gourmet food for some shit cooked by convicts. What about his plush mansion for a cell the size of his tub and a bed that's a metal shelf with a little mat on it? I know I'd want to go from living the rich life to making grilled cheeses with a iron and a paper bag to avoid fighting some cat I'll probably beat anyway. That or I'd stay the fuck out of jail, keep spending time in my mansion and driving my $100,000+ cars, and wait about a month to see who I'm fighting next.

Exactly. It's not even a topic worth debating. I mean to suggest Floyd would rather be locked up IN PRISON, than live his millionaire lifestyle and have a people call him "scared" (which would probably pass in a few years) is fucking ridiculous.
PR316
It seems living the Vegas lifestyle of the rich and famous has really made Floyd lose his sense of reality. Whether this latest incident is heresay or truth not withstanding, Floyd has gone haywire it seems from all the cash and fame, to a lesser degree than Tyson did. But still similar. Be that as it may, here's how I feel. He has this sense of entitlement going on behaving as if the world owes him something.

I don't think Mayweather is scared shitless of Pacquiao....... But I do think he has doubts about beating him. And I do believe that if Floyd is scared of something, its LOSING... That 0 is the only thing he has. People buy his fights because they wanna see him get his ass whipped plain and simple. Ever since the 1st fight with Castillo, Floyd has been very careful in picking his competition. He could have fought the likes of Kostay Tszyu(Before he went on that long layoff), Paul Williams, Miguel Cotto, Josh Clottey, Antonio Margarito, Kermit Cintron, Andre Berto, Sergio Martinez, and yes, Manny Pacquiao. The opportunity to face real fighters in their primes has been there for Floyd for a long time now and he has flat out REFUSED to do so.

Why????.... Because deep down, I do believe beyond the boasting and arrogance he is very insecure. He won't take a fight that he believes there's a chance he could lose. And the sad thing here is that Floyd really does have teh ability to beat all those guys I listed. But he wont even ENTERTAIN the idea of getting in the ring with them. And thats not only hurt his own legacy, but it hurts boxing in general because one of the complaints I always here is that the top guys are not fighting each other, and Floyd is a prime example of this.

I hear alot of people complain about Pacquiao's catch weights and all that stuff. And I won't lie, I didn't dig it in the Cotto fight(Not that it would have made a difference in the outcome), and I sure as hell didn't like it for the Margarito fight(But it wasn't a factor being that Margs outweight him by 17 pounds on fight night).

So even with all that stuff, I mean look at Manny's resume and compare it to Floyd's..... Beyond 135, Floyd's resume is almost laughable. Say what you want about Pacquiao, but I don't think he has any real apprehensions about getting into the ring with anyone. At least he has not shown any. And he has not tried anything pathetic like asking for drug tests that have never before been used in boxing to try and weasel his way out of fighting anyone. Now I'm not saying here that Manny is the greatest or anything. But IMO he FULLY DESERVES to be called P4P number 1 today. And if he was to try something really crazy and fight a Sergio Martinez and manage to beat him, then we would have to reconsider his place in history all together now.

Does anybody here see Floyd ever considering a fight with a Sergio Martinez???.....

Maybe before I would have given Floyd the benefit of the doubt but after he turned down over 40 million to face Pacquiao this year and gave a lame explanation as to why he did it("Im not thinking about boxing right now") rolleyes_anim.gif I don't even think he would mention Martinez's name.

I'll say it again and I won't stop until I physically see Mayweather and Pacquiao in the ring, the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight will NOT happen. And we all know who doesn't want it to happen.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (PR316 @ Nov 24 2010, 03:08 PM) *
It seems living the Vegas lifestyle of the rich and famous has really made Floyd lose his sense of reality. Whether this latest incident is heresay or truth not withstanding, Floyd has gone haywire it seems from all the cash and fame, to a lesser degree than Tyson did. But still similar. Be that as it may, here's how I feel. He has this sense of entitlement going on behaving as if the world owes him something.

I don't think Mayweather is scared shitless of Pacquiao....... But I do think he has doubts about beating him. And I do believe that if Floyd is scared of something, its LOSING... That 0 is the only thing he has. People buy his fights because they wanna see him get his ass whipped plain and simple. Ever since the 1st fight with Castillo, Floyd has been very careful in picking his competition. He could have fought the likes of Kostay Tszyu(Before he went on that long layoff), Paul Williams, Miguel Cotto, Josh Clottey, Antonio Margarito, Kermit Cintron, Andre Berto, Sergio Martinez, and yes, Manny Pacquiao. The opportunity to face real fighters in their primes has been there for Floyd for a long time now and he has flat out REFUSED to do so.

Why????.... Because deep down, I do believe beyond the boasting and arrogance he is very insecure. He won't take a fight that he believes there's a chance he could lose. And the sad thing here is that Floyd really does have teh ability to beat all those guys I listed. But he wont even ENTERTAIN the idea of getting in the ring with them. And thats not only hurt his own legacy, but it hurts boxing in general because one of the complaints I always here is that the top guys are not fighting each other, and Floyd is a prime example of this.

I hear alot of people complain about Pacquiao's catch weights and all that stuff. And I won't lie, I didn't dig it in the Cotto fight(Not that it would have made a difference in the outcome), and I sure as hell didn't like it for the Margarito fight(But it wasn't a factor being that Margs outweight him by 17 pounds on fight night).

So even with all that stuff, I mean look at Manny's resume and compare it to Floyd's..... Beyond 135, Floyd's resume is almost laughable. Say what you want about Pacquiao, but I don't think he has any real apprehensions about getting into the ring with anyone. At least he has not shown any. And he has not tried anything pathetic like asking for drug tests that have never before been used in boxing to try and weasel his way out of fighting anyone. Now I'm not saying here that Manny is the greatest or anything. But IMO he FULLY DESERVES to be called P4P number 1 today. And if he was to try something really crazy and fight a Sergio Martinez and manage to beat him, then we would have to reconsider his place in history all together now.

Does anybody here see Floyd ever considering a fight with a Sergio Martinez???.....

Maybe before I would have given Floyd the benefit of the doubt but after he turned down over 40 million to face Pacquiao this year and gave a lame explanation as to why he did it("Im not thinking about boxing right now") rolleyes_anim.gif I don't even think he would mention Martinez's name.

I'll say it again and I won't stop until I physically see Mayweather and Pacquiao in the ring, the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight will NOT happen. And we all know who doesn't want it to happen.

After that treatise it turns out that you agree with me that Team QuackMeow never wanted the PBF v Pac fight to happen. Amazing.

At this point I don't give a turd with wings if it ever happens. Boxing is passing both of these circus actors up.

It was a good treatise, though.
Snoop
QUOTE (PR316 @ Nov 24 2010, 11:08 PM) *

A good analysis, but it's still fucking stupid to suggest he's causing all these legal troubles and the possibility of going to jail to avoid a fight he'd probably win. Not saying you're implying that, but if anyone is drawing that from what you wrote needs to read closer.
Snoop
And I think it's fair to say that culpability for the fight not happening is equal on both sides.
caneman
QUOTE (PR316 @ Nov 24 2010, 06:08 PM) *

Totally on point & the best post I have seen in a longtime man! The fight we all wanna see is looking less likely to happen every week that goes by & now PBF has 3 pending charges since freaking September...that is outta control!
Fitz
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Nov 25 2010, 06:31 AM) *

Hey, did you ever find out which fight Mayweathwer injected himself in directly before the fight? laugh.gif
caneman
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 24 2010, 06:27 PM) *
A good analysis, but it's still fucking stupid to suggest he's causing all these legal troubles and the possibility of going to jail to avoid a fight he'd probably win. Not saying you're implying that, but if anyone is drawing that from what you wrote needs to read closer.

ONLY ONE PERSON HAD THE BALLS TO MAKE SUCH A STATEMENT BRO! We ALL know how dumb it is!

QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 24 2010, 06:28 PM) *
And I think it's fair to say that culpability for the fight not happening is equal on both sides.

I don't bro, I bet Pac would take any test to make this fight, the point is, because of PBF's actions we might never know but I would bet Pac would do what it takes to get it made...now with Arum who knows plus King or DLH or whoever PBF needs to help promote the fight! But I think that fight could be made right now & could have been made Nov 13th! Now who knows what it will take just for Floyd not to go to jail & possibly even prison!
SmartyBeardo
My gut feeling on this beef is that it is a form of git back.

I have to agree that PBF seems to have lost track of reality. But, to be fair, considering his life experience, he has never lived in a reality that resembles ours.

I would much rather see PBF v SMartinez than v Pac. I would do whatever it took to be there live. Pac v Berto, Bradley, Khan, or even Kotelnik or Abregu would be fine with me. Pac v Mosley smells like an assisted living facility apartment.
Snoop
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 24 2010, 11:40 PM) *
I don't bro, I bet Pac would take any test to make this fight, the point is, because of PBF's actions we might never know but I would bet Pac would do what it takes to get it made...now with Arum who knows plus King or DLH or whoever PBF needs to help promote the fight! But I think that fight could be made right now & could have been made Nov 13th! Now who knows what it will take just for Floyd not to go to jail & possibly even prison!

As long as there's still a 7-day cut off date. laugh.gif

Team Pacquiao has not FULLY conceded to any drug testing up to the day of the fight.
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 24 2010, 04:47 PM) *

Mayweather is doing the same thing any other fighter is going to do once they can generate buys; make money fights.

QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 24 2010, 05:40 PM) *
ONLY ONE PERSON HAD THE BALLS TO MAKE SUCH A STATEMENT BRO! We ALL know how dumb it is!

Pac didn't do anything to make the fight when they could have made it the first time, what makes you think he'd do anything now? The only time he's doing everything to make the fight was when it's apparent Mayweather wasn't fighting again in 2010. The blame rests on both of their shoulders, the only reason I can remotely side with Mayweather is because Pacquiao refused a contract when the fight was on the line then agreed to it when the offers weren't even on the table and agreeing to them meant nothing.

I don't think there was any way it'd have happened in November either. The only reason anyone was even thinking about the possibility of them fighting in November was because a person that doesn't even represent Mayweather hyped the possibility of a Pac/Mayweather fight in November.

QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 24 2010, 05:47 PM) *

Team Pacquiao has not FULLY conceded to any drug testing up to the day of the fight.

Honestly, after all the shit about the "possible" November fight between Mayweather and Pac and thing since then, I wouldn't be surprised if team Pac refused the Mayweather fight then took on a Cotto rematch then the winner of Mosley/Chavez Jr for a middleweight strap. They're not going to shoulder any of the blame if the fight doesn't get made. If Mayweather doesn't make some serious concessions with testing he's going to say "no tests, no fight" and team Pac will say "we tried to fight you twice now Mayweather but you were too scared, no fight".
caneman
A 7 day cut off would catch Pac if he was dirty with the test after the fight! As far as Pac not making the fight, ok whatever but the truth is PBF & his team said they were never even in negotiations! Hey this shit is going along so called party lines! It's some democrats vs GOP shit IMO! The PBF supporters blame it all on Pacman & testing & however you wanna say it on PBF but one thing is for sure, now legal problems are in the way of a fight & that has nothing to do with Pacman...he has more come sense & doesn't need a street thug persona! I bet Pac could agree to no cut off & it would be something else...probably he would want 60-40 or some shit! But whatever y'all! lmfao!
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 24 2010, 06:46 PM) *
Seems like floyd is breaking down right before our eyes.... whats the damn deal with this guy?... It's getting to the point where its no way he doesnt spend time for some of the shit he's pulling... this just in... lol...

floyd in trouble yet again...

4 pages in before I got round to looking at this thread so apologies for going back to the start, but yes JLuv, I think he is. I already made some claims about Floyd unravelling in front of our eyes in a couple of threads a while back. Hes got one of boxings tragic stories written all over him the way hes going.
Snoop
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 24 2010, 11:13 PM) *
A 7 day cut off would catch Pac if he was dirty with the test after the fight! As far as Pac not making the fight, ok whatever but the truth is PBF & his team said they were never even in negotiations! Hey this shit is going along so called party lines! It's some democrats vs GOP shit IMO! The PBF supporters blame it all on Pacman & testing & however you wanna say it on PBF but one thing is for sure, now legal problems are in the way of a fight & that has nothing to do with Pacman...he has more come sense & doesn't need a street thug persona! I bet Pac could agree to no cut off & it would be something else...probably he would want 60-40 or some shit! But whatever y'all! lmfao!

I'm just sayin', if you were to bet that Team Pacquiao would agree to ANY testing conditions, you'd lose that bet, at least based off what's out there in the media right now. And again in all fairness, both sides have been acting like clowns, so IMO both sides are responsible for the fight not coming off.

Frankly, I'm fucking sick of the bullshit from both sides, moreso with Pacquiao because he's gained this unearned relish as the face of boxing and has taken attention away from the REAL fights we should be talking about. Fights like Williams vs Martinez, Marquez vs Katsidis, Mares vs Darchinyan, fights that are actually competitive and still mean something. THIS is what boxing is about. The competitive spirit to see which man comes out on top. Not some weight-hopping, stipulation infected bouts that are foregone conclusions the second the contract is signed. That's a fucking show and I've outgrown my WWE days.
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 24 2010, 06:13 PM) *

If someone pitched a fight to me and I said "no, i'm not fighting again this year" then they kept trying to push the fight I'd say the same thing. Floyd Mayweather is a complete moron for letting them best him with it but at the end of the day you can't negotiate with someone when they already declined your offer. That's just sending them a contract.
Fitz
QUOTE (PR316 @ Nov 25 2010, 09:08 AM) *

Excellent part this section. I have said the same about Mayweather being insecure about losing the zero, though that doesn't mean he is scared of getting a physical beating, more the physcholgical part of it, because I really do think he is insecure.

The rest, of the post. I don't agree with as much. I think you give Pacquiao too much credit recently, when him and Mayweather have been the same. You also place too much emphasis on Mayweather being the reason the fight isn't happening. But in the end, Pacquiao had the chance to make a fight happen at one point, he could have accepted and we could have seen if Mayweather was serious or not, but in the end, it was Pacquiao who bowed out the first time before we could make a judgement on Mayweather.
The second time, Mayweather said he isn't fighting for the year. They are both at least 1-1, but Pacquiao has had his chance, and didn't take it. I think you give him too much credit, when there isn't much difference between the two in recent times. The main difference is that Mayweather acts like a cock sucker outside the ring, and Pacquiao seems to have some class in the way he conducts himself.
But when it comes to fights in recent times, Pacquiao is in Mayweather territory as well.
Hops
So, if he's afraid of losing that zero, then it implies he actually thinks Pac has a good chance of beating him.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Nov 25 2010, 05:54 AM) *
the man is a shit human being im sorry he mite be the greatest defensive boxer to ever lived

He is no Willie Pep by a long stretch.

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 25 2010, 08:14 AM) *

Yeah because a shot to shit million miles out of prime Gatti is quite similar to a prime Pac.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 24 2010, 05:45 PM) *
My gut feeling on this beef is that it is a form of git back.

I have to agree that PBF seems to have lost track of reality. But, to be fair, considering his life experience, he has never lived in a reality that resembles ours.

I would much rather see PBF v SMartinez than v Pac. I would do whatever it took to be there live. Pac v Berto, Bradley, Khan, or even Kotelnik or Abregu would be fine with me. Pac v Mosley smells like an assisted living facility apartment.

Smarty I'm no Floyd fan as you well know but I think it's unfair of fans to ask him to step up to fight Martinez. Sergio is really almost a fully fledged MW. I saw a few posts in the P-Will/Martinez thread from a few people saying they bet neither Floyd nor Manny would step up and face him, but why the fuck should they? These guys should be fighting no higher than 147 and I bet both could make 140 OK.

I also saw your post about making Sergio your #P4P and whilst I might not agree with that I thought your reasoning was pretty solid. You make a good case. he seems like a great guy and I hope he can get some big money fights in the near future.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 25 2010, 09:47 AM) *

Why should Pac concede to non standard testing? I am not talking about for the good of the sport or anything but why should HE concede to non standard testing that is not mandated by any governing body?

That would be like saying ok fine do the test but lets wear 4oz MMA gloves. After all gloves are gloves & for the good of boxing we need to see more stoppages.
gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 24 2010, 07:12 PM) *
He is no Willie Pep by a long stretch.

Yeah because a shot to shit million miles out of prime Gatti is quite similar to a prime Pac.

The circumstances are different but the outcome would be the same. I'd say Mayweather would beat him like he's his father but Mayweather only threatens his children, he saves the ass whoopin's for women and security guards.
Snoop
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 25 2010, 01:19 AM) *
Why should Pac concede to non standard testing? I am not talking about for the good of the sport or anything but why should HE concede to non standard testing that is not mandated by any governing body?

That would be like saying ok fine do the test but lets wear 4oz MMA gloves. After all gloves are gloves & for the good of boxing we need to see more stoppages.

Look, I'm not here to get into that debate again. I was just responding to caneman's post about "betting that Pacquiao would concede to ANY drug testing", because that's not true.
caneman
says you!

Snoop
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 25 2010, 01:25 AM) *
says you!

No, so says what's out there in the media. At least on this site.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content8830.html

"While Mayweather has stood firm on his demand for random Olympic-style testing leading all the way up until the bout, Pacquiao has thus far only been willing to agree to testing up until 7 days before the fight." - Ben Thompson
gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 24 2010, 07:19 PM) *

Because all Mayweather would have to do is say "He doesn't want to be drug tested? He must be on steroids" and get people to get behind it, pretty much what he's already done. Any way you want to look at it it'd be hard for a fighter to turn down a fight because of a drug testing clause.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 25 2010, 11:21 AM) *
Look, I'm not here to get into that debate again. I was just responding to caneman's post about "betting that Pacquiao would concede to ANY drug testing", because that's not true.

I know I am just saying that PBF demanding non standard tests is akin to Pac demanding 4oz MMA gloves.

Gloves are made of leather & pading & testing is conducted by doctors so who cares if it is non standard. Pac would be breaking ground if he did that & could potentially have a huge impact on the sport taking fans away from the "dirty boxing" in MMA & showing them what "pure boxing" has to offer.
caneman
Yea but I say Pacman will now take the test & pass them but no matter when the God of boxing is going away! His persona will really count there! I have no problem with Pacman taking the test BTW!
Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 25 2010, 11:44 AM) *
I know I am just saying that PBF demanding non standard tests is akin to Pac demanding 4oz MMA gloves.

Gloves are made of leather & pading & testing is conducted by doctors so who cares if it is non standard. Pac would be breaking ground if he did that & could potentially have a huge impact on the sport taking fans away from the "dirty boxing" in MMA & showing them what "pure boxing" has to offer.

But Pacquiao has asked for non-standard gloves before and Mayweather accepted in the negotiations.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.