Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kelly Pavlik goes to rehab
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
caneman
It's being reported Kelly has checked into rehab! full story
King Eugene
gravytrain
I hate to say I called it but this cat has the asphalt job with Jack Loew[stick with his trainer even after his career] and the cans of Natural Light in his future.

lloyd mayflower
Cue Fitz..........
caneman
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 26 2010, 11:19 PM) *

What was that pic bro? It didn't show up! lol!
King Eugene
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 26 2010, 10:38 PM) *
What was that pic bro? It didn't show up! lol!

Its a black dude sitting in a tub with a 40oz in his hand laughing his ass off.
STEVENSKI
I know Fitz called it a long time ago. From reading that article the pressure he must have been under would drive a man to drink. I feel sorry for Kelly & hope he maintains his sobriety. If he retires at least he can say he was the middleweight champion of the world regardless of anyones opinion of his boxing ability.
Big Slim Sweet
This sounds like a good thing, not more problems. He's addressing the shit people have been talking about for a while.

I'm glad to read this.
Snoop
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 27 2010, 04:48 AM) *
Its a black dude sitting in a tub with a 40oz in his hand laughing his ass off.

That's almost funnier written than seeing a picture.

laugh.gif
Fitz
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Nov 27 2010, 02:30 PM) *
Cue Fitz..........

Yup smile.gif

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 27 2010, 03:32 PM) *
I know Fitz called it a long time ago. From reading that article the pressure he must have been under would drive a man to drink. I feel sorry for Kelly & hope he maintains his sobriety. If he retires at least he can say he was the middleweight champion of the world regardless of anyones opinion of his boxing ability.

Yes, if he retires, he can be put in the same category as Carlos Baldomir.

Don't mean to brag, but yes I did call it a long time ago. I'm a decent judge of character.

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...st&p=409095

QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 3 2008, 02:06 PM) *
Yep that's what I said, but we have some broken Pavlik fans who are making excuses for his own piss poor excuses.

Also for the record, I am judging by looks and he could be a nice guy, but if I didn't know him from a bar of soap and someone was to say what are the chances this guy has trailer trash traits, I would think the chances are ok.
Not saying he is white trash, but watching him in the past and his whole entrance and image looks a little trashy. Came out with some heavy metal and in police uniform, and then when Hopkins punched him in the second, he did this lame thing with his mouth where he sticks his tongue out that a lot of these heavy metal musicians do. I imagine empty bourbon cans laying around the house and he probably has those long finger nails with lots of dirt under them.

Tried to give people the heads up a few years ago, but not many listened, and it has now come to this. I hope it doesn't effect his personal life too much, but if I was a betting man, I think he is going to be holding this type of metal................

Longer than the one that he traded in for, that used to be around his waist.
JLUVBABY
i talked on this last year bout the pool hall/pub i went to in paducah kentucky when i was out there on a job and i noticed a signed picture of his on the wall... i got to talking to the owner (whom come to find out is a fight fan) and he told me bout some of kellys drinking bindges there... this was last year when i spoke of this and my comments and statements where talked about and laughed at.. to make a long story short im glad he's getting help... gotta remember these guys rather fighters or whatever or regular guys and can fall prey to the same vices every body else with problems can sometimes fall too... better now than later for him to get help... i wish him all the best and hope he cn shake the demons that are on his back... im sure the article doeesnt tell the whole story...
SmartyBeardo
Rehab is fine, but if he does not change his environment (especially the circles he hangs in) the odds are stacked exponentially against him.

Pavlik seems like the perfect character for a story told in a pub in Paducah, or was that Palucah?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 27 2010, 09:01 AM) *
Rehab is fine, but if he does not change his environment (especially the circles he hangs in) the odds are stacked exponentially against him.

Pavlik seems like the perfect character for a story told in a pub in Paducah, or was that Palucah?

lol....
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 27 2010, 05:42 PM) *
Yes, if he retires, he can be put in the same category as Carlos Baldomir.

I think his wins over Taylor are better than any of Baldozar's wins.
Method
...and Bernard Hopkins claims another soul.

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 27 2010, 04:53 AM) *
i talked on this last year bout the pool hall/pub i went to in paducah kentucky when i was out there on a job and i noticed a signed picture of his on the wall... i got to talking to the owner (whom come to find out is a fight fan) and he told me bout some of kellys drinking bindges there...

Could you please rehash, sonce its obviously more pertinent? I missed the original story telling.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 28 2010, 11:51 AM) *

Could you please rehash, sonce its obviously more pertinent? I missed the original story telling.

lol i could see BHop in his office at GBP getting this message about Pavlik then throwing up the X and nodding in approval.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 28 2010, 10:51 AM) *

well method last year round october or maybe even november i was in calvert city on job (i work in oil, chemical and nuclear facilities around the states)... anyway marshall county kentucky where i was is dry so you have to go over to paducah ky if you want to buy beer and liquor... well we went to paducah one evening after work to buy some beer to bring back to the hotel and just to mess around when we found this honky-tonk joint... we stopped in, and at first being brothers we kinda felt outta place but we decided to shoot pool... well to make a long story short every body there was very cool and as i got more comfortable i saw a picture of kelly pavlik, signed in a glass encasement... Well i went to the owner cuzz i collect boxing mem and i offered to buy the pic... well low and behold the owner is a boxing fan as well who goes to most of the major fights around the country... the picture wasnt for sale but he gave me some great stories about the ghost (as he calls him and seems to know him very well) about how he has friends and relatives in the area and that when he is down spends plenty of time and money at this particular bar... i got some pretty good stories of him having to be carried out of the place etc... well anyway when i first posted the night of the pool hall convo i was in kentucky nd i didnt go in to that kind of detail about the subject but it was for the most part laughed off as hear say at the time... BUT... i had heard reports of his abuse prior to going to that pool hall tho it was just more of a whisper in the boxing community (rumor) back then... subsequently i want to say it was round the time he was scheduled to fight paul williams so what ever the time frame was last year thats when i was out there... then he came up with the hand injury that healed when paul signed to fight someone else i forget right now then he signed to fight i want to say espino?... to me that was a sign as well that something wasnt right in his camp... it might even be archived if you look back enough... lol... not too much to tell just id called this back then and it was laughed off by some of the members when i reported what i had heard...
KookedKrack
shok.gif Fitztradamus

Hope he gets the help he needs.
Method
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 28 2010, 03:43 PM) *
well method last year round october or maybe even november i was in calvert city on job (i work in oil, chemical and nuclear facilities around the states)... anyway marshall county kentucky where i was is dry so you have to go over to paducah ky if you want to buy beer and liquor... well we went to paducah one evening after work to buy some beer to bring back to the hotel and just to mess around when we found this honky-tonk joint... we stopped in, and at first being brothers we kinda felt outta place but we decided to shoot pool... well to make a long story short every body there was very cool and as i got more comfortable i saw a picture of kelly pavlik, signed in a glass encasement... Well i went to the owner cuzz i collect boxing mem and i offered to buy the pic... well low and behold the owner is a boxing fan as well who goes to most of the major fights around the country... the picture wasnt for sale but he gave me some great stories about the ghost (as he calls him and seems to know him very well) about how he has friends and relatives in the area and that when he is down spends plenty of time and money at this particular bar... i got some pretty good stories of him having to be carried out of the place etc... well anyway when i first posted the night of the pool hall convo i was in kentucky nd i didnt go in to that kind of detail about the subject but it was for the most part laughed off as hear say at the time... BUT... i had heard reports of his abuse prior to going to that pool hall tho it was just more of a whisper in the boxing community (rumor) back then... subsequently i want to say it was round the time he was scheduled to fight paul williams so what ever the time frame was last year thats when i was out there... then he came up with the hand injury that healed when paul signed to fight someone else i forget right now then he signed to fight i want to say espino?... to me that was a sign as well that something wasnt right in his camp... it might even be archived if you look back enough... lol... not too much to tell just id called this back then and it was laughed off by some of the members when i reported what i had heard...

Gotcha, bro. Thx.

Brothers in a honkey tonk...lol...that's good stuff.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 29 2010, 07:43 AM) *
... i got some pretty good stories of him having to be carried out of the place etc...

I can imagine him slurring his words & having to be assisted from the premises by his buddies.

Poor guy is all I can say. Having walked that path myself it is not a pretty picture.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 28 2010, 04:01 PM) *
Gotcha, bro. Thx.

Brothers in a honkey tonk...lol...that's good stuff.

i felt like eddie murphy in 48 hours... lol... but the place wound up being cool... i go there every time im in the area... me and the owner became pretty good friends...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.