Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Abraham-Froch SPOILERS Expected Within Between 3-5 ET Today
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Note that Froch-Abraham is tape delayed. This is a thread where all spoilers should go when known. Don't make any new threads about who won, or even any clues as to who won, so that people can watch on Showtime without knowing the result later tonight.

Jack

Administrator
Lil-lightsout
That was terrible. Sure glad I wont have to sit through this again later tonight on Showtime. Froch won by WIDE easy decision and looked decent, Arthur is one dimensional garbage.
Maxy
Beautiful, perfect, extraordinary.....and get this...he didn't even need to fake brain damage to win this fight.

Lets give Froch credit people. I thought he would win if he was smart but I never figured he'd be quite so smart. Outstanding, a top notch performance from Froch.
Mean Mister Mustard
Froch fought very smart and demonstrated that he has been severely underrated by the boxing world.He outworked Abraham, popped the jab, and when Abraham tried to come back with his patented flurries Froch stood his ground and fought back. He didn't run like Direll did and so he wasn't tired and susceptible to Abraham's patented late fight comeback.

If Froch isn't in the top 10 P4P, then he's at least at the cusp of making it in with wins over Pascal, Taylor, Direll and now Abraham, not to mention that I though he won his fight with Kessler.
jkfitpro
QUOTE (Maxy @ Nov 27 2010, 06:44 PM) *
Beautiful, perfect, extraordinary.....and get this...he didn't even need to fake brain damage to win this fight.

Lets give Froch credit people. I thought he would win if he was smart but I never figured he'd be quite so smart. Outstanding, a top notch performance from Froch.

Masterclass. I didn't hear anyone anticipate this outcome. Maybe he'll be more appreciated by the US audiences after this performance. Still think Ward beats him tho!
Maxy
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 27 2010, 07:38 PM) *
That was terrible. Sure glad I wont have to sit through this again later tonight on Showtime. Froch won by WIDE easy decision and looked decent, Arthur is one dimensional garbage.

OK, why was that terrible? Cos Froch fought smart, completely and utterly outboxed Abraham, didn't fold near the end, didn't fake a brain injury, just done the business, proper, all good, perfect.

Come on, what was so terrible? Lets not forget, Abraham only had one previous defeat to a cheating, faking disgrace....I mean, is it not acceptable to outbox a dangerous fighter?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Maxy @ Nov 27 2010, 07:01 PM) *
OK, why was that terrible? Cos Froch fought smart, completely and utterly outboxed Abraham, didn't fold near the end, didn't fake a brain injury, just done the business, proper, all good, perfect.

Come on, what was so terrible? Lets not forget, Abraham only had one previous defeat to a cheating, faking disgrace....I mean, is it not acceptable to outbox a dangerous fighter?

Sorry, let me re-phrase. I was hoping for an exciting competitive fight. Abraham's performance was terrible and I did not enjoy it at all as only one guy came to perform. Sure Froch looked good, still did not make it an entertaining fight. Just was hoping for some good exchanges and some good action. Not blaming Froch AT ALL. He did what you are supposed to do and showed some good stuff in there. Make sense?
D-MARV
I, for one, thought Froch fought a BRILLIANT fight... Great Job.

I do find it funny that everybody is giving Froch props for this awesome performance. Mayweather does this to EVERYONE he fights and gets called a runner and boring. LOL.
JLUVBABY
froch beat the breaks off abraham... lol... didnt expect it to be that easy... that was easy work for froch today... damn... lol...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 27 2010, 08:09 PM) *

I do find it funny that everybody is giving Froch props for this awesome performance. Mayweather does this to EVERYONE he fights and gets called a runner and boring. LOL.

very true... im not sure froch beats ward but itll be froch and ward in the final im sure... i think froch will move up and win a strap at light heavy after his work at sup. middle...
D-MARV
Froch should crack everybody's top 10 after this fight!
Snoop
Someone needs to crack Froch's girlfriend in the fucking face for being so goddamn annoying.
D-MARV
I'll crack her in her face after I skeet all over it!
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 27 2010, 11:03 PM) *
Someone needs to crack Froch's girlfriend in the fucking face for being so goddamn annoying.

This x100000

I know the announcers have to be pissed sitting in front of that annoying bitch.

back on topic though Froch has fought a perfect fight don't think I could find a round to give Abraham.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 27 2010, 09:09 PM) *

LOL you can never keep Mayweather out of a thread can you?

The difference was that Froch didn't move away too much, but rather he stood his ground when he had too.
Hops
Floyd is actually running away from reality.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 27 2010, 10:08 PM) *
LOL you can never keep Mayweather out of a thread can you?

The difference was that Froch didn't move away too much, but rather he stood his ground when he had too.

LOL... Just like May did against De La Hoya, Mosley, Hatton, etc...

Great fucking win for Froch.
KookedKrack
holy shit Froch's wife is fine as fuck DEM TITS wub.gif
BigG
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 28 2010, 02:33 AM) *
Froch should crack everybody's top 10 after this fight!

Maybe. But Abarhama has always been overrated in my opinon..one of the most overrated fighters in boxing. Froch totally worked Abraham. Good performance.
The Original MrFactor
Damn!!! Abraham has no plan B at all!! Froch took him to the wood shed. I'm thinking Froch vs Glenn Johnson should be decent, but I think Froch should skate by him. Ward beats Abraham bad. Then we have Froch vs Ward. Should be an interesting finale...
Fitz
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 28 2010, 10:46 AM) *
Froch fought very smart and demonstrated that he has been severely underrated by the boxing world.He outworked Abraham, popped the jab, and when Abraham tried to come back with his patented flurries Froch stood his ground and fought back. He didn't run like Direll did and so he wasn't tired and susceptible to Abraham's patented late fight comeback.

If Froch isn't in the top 10 P4P, then he's at least at the cusp of making it in with wins over Pascal, Taylor, Direll and now Abraham, not to mention that I though he won his fight with Kessler.

Agreed. I wasn't overly impressed with his skills when I first saw him, but he has beaten some good fighters like you mentioned, and I thought he looked much better tonight and more polished than I had seen him in other fights. He fights smart with what he has got.
He would have to be close if not in the top 10.
The CEO
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 27 2010, 07:53 PM) *
Sorry, let me re-phrase. I was hoping for an exciting competitive fight. Abraham's performance was terrible and I did not enjoy it at all as only one guy came to perform. Sure Froch looked good, still did not make it an entertaining fight. Just was hoping for some good exchanges and some good action. Not blaming Froch AT ALL. He did what you are supposed to do and showed some good stuff in there. Make sense?

That about sums it up for me...

Froch did what he had to do and executed his plan for 12 rounds....stick and move, be active...it was a "good" performance in my book....basically because Abraham brought nothing....I personally think he should withdraw from the tourney and go back down to 160...he's too small for the bigger guys...

It WAS nice to see Froch fight clean tonight...but I'm sure he'll break out the old bag of fouls once things aren't goin' as planned again...

Abraham is confirmed as a C level Super Middle...and Froch moves back up to the Bs after his Kessler performance.

As of right NOW...I have Ward, Bute, and possibly Johnson over Froch....Froch's mediocre accuracy, bow and arrow jab, and inconsistent defense doesn't serve him well....
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Nov 28 2010, 12:46 AM) *
That was the best I've seen Froch look before which is also one of the best wins of his career. This was the best I've seen him look as he managed to always throw his jab out and maintain a distance from Abraham and was throwing straight to the body. Froch did a good job on sticking with this through out the fight and did not get pulled into a fight against the powerful, shorter armed fighter. Froch showed a lot of smarts in the ring for a rugged fighter and think he will give Ward a tougher fight than some may be expecting.

Abraham is a very patient fighter who takes his time which is not bad, but he needs to know when to let his hands go when need be, as both his losses have been a result of being outworked.

Abraham is patient. However, letting his hands go was not an option because Froch had him thoroughly frustrated. Froch's jab was impaling tonight. Literally, this fight was over in the first round. As soon as I saw Froch's jab moving Abraham's whole body, I said Abraham isnt gonna open up because he doesnt want to get hit with that jab. It was that obvious from the 1st round. I was picked Abraham because I thought his power and straight punches would get to Froch. Froch boxed beautifully tonight. Very disciplined, stayed with what was working and won. If he stepped on the gas a little bit, he may have been able to get Abraham out of there tonight. Abraham was clearly effected by Froch's body attack and those heavy jabs. Froch reminds me so much of Vitaly Klitschko. Awkward, keeps his hands low with deceptively quick feet and impaling punches.
AussieLad
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 28 2010, 02:09 AM) *

The difference of course being that froch was fighting a dangerous one punch KO artist. Floyd bicycles just about every fight regardless of the opposition
Jack 1000
Wow!!!

I think no matter what people had, no one expected Froch to almost shut out Abraham! Good job to the Cobra!!!

Jack

PS. I only gave Arthur round 3.
ROLL DEEP
I was going to PPV the fight last night, but you can't record a box office event!

So that means I would've paid for it (23) and then I could only watch it once as I'm at work when the repeats are on!

Anyway, so that meant I came straight on here to see how Froch done and was surprised to see that this thread is only 3 pages long. Either that means it was a shit fight (which I doubt it would've been) or no-one watched it.

Didn't expect to see reports of Froch winning so easy! Excellent work, Carl. I knew he had better boxing ability then he has previously shown, but I didn't expect him to use it. I thought he'd get caught up in all the hype and go to war.

ROLL DEEP
Just saw the fight and what can i say?

Froch did everything he needed to do. He boxed, threw in some power shots, mixed the attacks up beautifully and moved well.

Granted, it wasn't against a skillful boxer, but AA demands respect due to his power, chin and aggression. He's more than a handful for a lot of fighters even if a little one dimensional.

Props to Froch for sticking with his gameplan and being patient. He could've blew himself out by unloading on AA when he seemed to have him in trouble, but instead he upped the pressure intelligently and didn't get caught up in the moment.

He boxed well against a limited but VERY dangerous opponent.

Remember, a lot of people were picking AA to stop Froch, so for him to win that convincingly is a bonus.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Nov 28 2010, 03:10 AM) *
I was going to PPV the fight last night, but you can't record a box office event!

So that means I would've paid for it (23) and then I could only watch it once as I'm at work when the repeats are on!

Anyway, so that meant I came straight on here to see how Froch done and was surprised to see that this thread is only 3 pages long. Either that means it was a shit fight (which I doubt it would've been) or no-one watched it.

Didn't expect to see reports of Froch winning so easy! Excellent work, Carl. I knew he had better boxing ability then he has previously shown, but I didn't expect him to use it. I thought he'd get caught up in all the hype and go to war.

hey roll ive heard people say that before... you cant dvr a box office event but why not get a dvd recorder for your television and just put the fights directly to dvd?... that would work...
Maxy
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 28 2010, 09:54 AM) *
I was one who picked Abraham by KO. Froch deserves all the credit and Abraham failed to show the ability to adjust.

I agree with a number of others who stated that Abraham is too small for super middle.

Ward v Froch should be a good battle. Screw the pointless semis.

I agree and if the rumours are correct that Abraham might pull out of the super six, then it is obvious the Ward-Froch fight is the only one worth making, bar bringing Bute into the equation.

Then there is also going to be the stumbling block over where Ward-Froch takes place. Froch has proven he is ready to face anyone and will travel, Ward doesn't look like he ever wants to leave the comfort of his hometown.

Ward is effective but I don't get how anyone likes him...I think his fan base is very, very limited. He is a dirty fighter and how anyone can jump on his bandwagon whilst simultaneously saying Froch is dirty has no idea.

Anyway, Andre Bored.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Nov 27 2010, 10:11 PM) *
LOL... Just like May did against De La Hoya, Mosley, Hatton, etc...

Great fucking win for Froch.

Very few knowledgeable boxing fans accused him of doing that. I think he's well past his "running status which is why I was surprised to see you bring him up. Keep bringing Mayweather up all the time and you'll be like Hops whit his constant references to Pacquiao.
caneman
lmao MMM! I was way off and caps off to Froch! All this time has gone by and it's harder to call who wins it now then ever!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Maxy @ Nov 29 2010, 02:55 AM) *
Ward is effective but I don't get how anyone likes him...I think his fan base is very, very limited. He is a dirty fighter and how anyone can jump on his bandwagon whilst simultaneously saying Froch is dirty has no idea.

Exactly. This is a guy that displays classic American Gold medal standards in the way he fights. He is the type of fighter who if he was anything but a American he would be called what he is a mauling stiff who fouls his way to victory.
Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 29 2010, 08:45 AM) *
Exactly. This is a guy that displays classic American Gold medal standards in the way he fights. He is the type of fighter who if he was anything but a American he would be called what he is a mauling stiff who fouls his way to victory.

lol, I like Ward, but mauling styles never meant I disliked fighters. I actually like dirty fighters (some kinds), but what you are saying is true.

I haven't watched the fight with Bika yet, but I watched his fight before that against Green, and he fought the inside dirty fight, and I enjoyed it. I also say him outbox and make Kessler impressively on the outside. I get the feeling he can fight both ways, though the dirty style may be more often.
chappy
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 29 2010, 05:28 AM) *
lol, I like Ward, but mauling styles never meant I disliked fighters. I actually like dirty fighters (some kinds), but what you are saying is true.

I haven't watched the fight with Bika yet, but I watched his fight before that against Green, and he fought the inside dirty fight, and I enjoyed it. I also say him outbox and make Kessler impressively on the outside. I get the feeling he can fight both ways, though the dirty style may be more often.

Pressing your oppoents body against the ropes using your lower body while throwing short inside jabs and uppercutts is far from dirty. it's called fight skill!
chappy
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 28 2010, 01:24 AM) *
Agreed. I wasn't overly impressed with his skills when I first saw him, but he has beaten some good fighters like you mentioned, and I thought he looked much better tonight and more polished than I had seen him in other fights. He fights smart with what he has got.
He would have to be close if not in the top 10.

Froch is a good fighter who fought a 1 dimesional opponent in Abraham. Arrrrrthur has been exposed too many times. first by Dirrell and now by Froch. Abraham is not capable of making any adjustments whatsoever in terms of game plan. He has no plan B. just the same ol Peekaboo style and trying to cutoff his opponent in the ring. Abraham is grossly lacking in adjustment ability and rarely fights outside of the peekaboo style. Floyd Patterson this guy IS NOT! Good win for Froch he desrves it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.