Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime: Ward vs. Bika@9ET/8CT/6PT: SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For all covererage of Ward vs. Bika later tonight.

Jack

Administrator
Box in Hand
If anyone has a stream please inbox that to me.
TheFonz
Ward is tough.
lloyd mayflower
Not much interest in this fight then? Seemingly Ward won by (too) wide UD after trawling the net. No one got anything to say about it?
BrutalBodyShots
I thought Bika was doing well through the first few rounds and the first half of the fight was decent. I flipped to HBO for their main event in about round 8 or so, flipped back to round 9 once then never watched the rest of it since I was too into what was happening on HBO. Ward/Bika lost my interest.

The CEO
I watched this one all the way through, Brutal...Ward, like Sergio Martinez and Tim Bradley, are fighters that I tabbed for success a long time ago...so I had to see how he was gonna fare against an awkward, brawling beast like Bika...

It was an UGLY fight...definitely not one you'd wanna watch twice....but he passed the brawl and maul test with flying colors...

Bika said he wanted to break Ward's will...well...he attempted to do just that, and Ward ended up breakin' his...

Sakio Bika found out that Ward is PHYSICALLY tougher than he his...he literally had Bika shakin' his head the entire last half of the fight...complaining like a little girl....I think he was shakin' it because he couldn't believe that Ward was outBEASTING him...lol

Andre Ward is not to be fucked with, y'all...he's the smartest AND toughest kid on the block, with a SUBLIME mean streak....he can beat you any which way he has to or wants to...
The Original MrFactor
I wasnt feeling this fight at all. Both guys were similar stylistically. Smash and grab all night. It became frustrating to watch with all the grabbing and hitting. I was just hoping for one guy to jab, stick and move. Wasnt happening. Also, the head butts got on my damn nerves. They must have clashed 30 times, no exageration. It seemed to happen 3 to 4 times per round. That was the way this fight played out. I'm now questioning will Ward be able to beat Froch? Smash and grab may not work outside Oakland.
gravytrain
I think that elbow by Ward was priceless lol
kidbazooka1
Damn Ward has arguably the ugliest boxing style in boxing kinda reminds me of a lighter weight John Ruiz.

That hit and clinch and hit sh*t is not what boxing is about. I was cracking up when Tarver kept saying he wanted to see Ward flow a little more hahahha Ward doesn't flow he holds with one arm and hits with the other he is what he is the guy is f*Cking boring he's kucky he's fighting in a sh*tty ass weight class.
Maxy
I think Ward is an extremely ugly fighter, not entertaining at all, plus he's dirty. He's insanely boring, he holds more than he punches, he uses the elbow, he head butts...damn I just don't see the appeal in this snoozer.
Jack 1000
I had it 3-3 after 6, but gave Bika no rounds after that. He totally lost his momentum by the later stages of the fight.

Jack
lloyd mayflower
Wonder if Ward v Froch will get made in a timely manner so we can draw a line under this and get Bute involved. I hope Ward doent demand yet another fight in his hometown cos that will be too big a stumbling block
JD
Ward will fight Abraham next...Froch will fight Glen Johnson.

I turned this abomination off to watch the undercards on HBO. Ward doesn't have to hold, but he sure likes too...his skills are all there, but watching him can be rough. Granted, it is tough to look good against Bika, but from the part I saw, as per the usual Ward was all too happy to hold and mug.
Maxy
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 28 2010, 11:21 AM) *
I was equally impressed. Ward is Haggleresque without the power. It seemed like something was wrong with his left hand. He refused to let it go.

It was beautiful.

That's what I like (and many others hate) about Ward. He's a choose your weapons dude, and he fits Oakland like a loaded glove.

Take some aspirin for omnipotent being's sake, Maxy. Ward is ugly when he needs to be, as it should be. Who has he fought lately? Ugly and uglier. Bika destroys Abraham, literally.

I guess it is just a matter of taste. I thought Froch v Abraham was the snorefest of the month. But I don't blame Froch. He did what was necessary to defeat an inferior boxer.

Ward does the same thing. Bika v Ward wasn't perty but I completely disagree with the notion that it was boring. It was far more entertaining than the Helsinki fight.

I agree.

Abraham has no business being left in this laughable format and Johnson was just a stand-in fighting a stand-in. Get Johnson v Bika in the ring if you want an ugly contest.

Ward v Froch at MSG! Let's get this shit over with before somebody else retires.

I've already accepted that Ward is effective and I would still make him favourite to win this tournament but I find his style, his tactics, almost Ruiz/Hatton like, albeit with some added grace. He lacks excitement in that when he implements his style it is neither textbook enough, nor crude, nor stylish enough to get me off my seat. There is just nothing there and calling it Hagleresque is something I cannot accept. I thought both Bute and Calzaghe did a better job on Bika than Ward.

From a neutral perspective Ward-Bika might have been more exciting than Froch-Abraham, though I can't adhere to that idea personally because I find Ward dull, full stop.

I was surprised at how disciplined Froch was and predicted a closer fight because I didn't believe Carl would stick to the game plan so perfectly. Abraham was ineffective because Froch used that jab so well, all night and never got careless.

Still, it's all about opinions and it's all good.
gravytrain
Ward has just been an old school dirty fighter. He'll win fights unless he goes up too far, probably wont though since 175 is really the only place for him to go. All he really does is do enough to get inside with you, push you back to the ropes, and bang away at you. The more of a fight you try to make it the dirtier he gets. And like with the Bika fight if you foul him he elbows you LOL.

I know people doubt what would happen outside of Oakland but it's not like it'll make a difference. He's too slick with the headbutt and holding. He makes all the headbutts look unintentional and forces you to play his game.
STEVENSKI
Ward is a disgrace with the way he fouls. It is clearly intentional & the referees must start enforcing the rules.

I like how people compare his dirty style to Ruiz yet want to rank him as a P4P fighter.
lloyd mayflower
Yep, a fighter who constantly mauls and elbows and headbutts, and has a problem with leaving his hometown. Wonder what hed be getting called if he were, oh I dont know.... European???

Since p4p has raised its head too, I know its all opinion, but i dont really see how Ward can rank above Froch at this stage. Froch with wins over Dirrell (say what you want) Abraham and Pascal. Granted Ward beat Kessler, but thats the only one he gets major credit for, specailly when stacked against Froch's recent wins
gravytrain
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Nov 28 2010, 06:31 PM) *
Yep, a fighter who constantly mauls and elbows and headbutts, and has a problem with leaving his hometown. Wonder what hed be getting called if he were, oh I dont know.... European???

Since p4p has raised its head too, I know its all opinion, but i dont really see how Ward can rank above Froch at this stage. Froch with wins over Dirrell (say what you want) Abraham and Pascal. Granted Ward beat Kessler, but thats the only one he gets major credit for, specailly when stacked against Froch's recent wins

Because Ward's style is going to trump the Cobra and shut his girl the fuck up.

Constantly elbows? He elbowed Bika because Bika intentionally fouled him. As for headbutts, I think he's doing them on purpose but with his strategy it's hard to tell. If he's doing them on purpose he's real smooth with them. I'm suspicious of them since he always catches guys with the side of his head rather than his face, otherwise I'd think they're unintentional.

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 28 2010, 04:32 PM) *
Ward is a disgrace with the way he fouls. It is clearly intentional & the referees must start enforcing the rules.

I like how people compare his dirty style to Ruiz yet want to rank him as a P4P fighter.

No way, if a ref started calling him I'd actually disagree with the ref. How could a ref call him for headbutts? Is Ward supposed to stop clenching? With holding he usually holds on the opposite side of the ref so a ref can't do anything about that either. Unless he starts slipping up I don't see him getting called. If a ref isn't seeing it he can't call you on it.

D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 28 2010, 04:32 PM) *

And there is no question about it... Ward is indeed a P4P fighter.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 29 2010, 11:23 AM) *
No way, if a ref started calling him I'd actually disagree with the ref. How could a ref call him for headbutts? Is Ward supposed to stop clenching? With holding he usually holds on the opposite side of the ref so a ref can't do anything about that either. Unless he starts slipping up I don't see him getting called. If a ref isn't seeing it he can't call you on it.

His future opponents need to make the referee well aware that this cat is a blatant & continual fouler. That is why it is called accidental clash of the head & treated as such. The fact that he accidently does this time & time again shows me it is intentional & should be treated as such & penalised as such.
gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 28 2010, 08:47 PM) *
His future opponents need to make the referee well aware that this cat is a blatant & continual fouler. That is why it is called accidental clash of the head & treated as such. The fact that he accidently does this time & time again shows me it is intentional & should be treated as such & penalised as such.

They could do something about his holding but they'll never get him for headbutts whether they're accidental or intentional. Even if the ref tries to do something Ward will just hold with whichever hand the ref can't see. Refs can't penalize you for what someone says you're doing, they've to see you doing it. Without the holding I think he can still fight the same fight since he can just clench, fight with you in the clench, and keep pressing you to the ropes.

How ironic is it that the Soldier of God is the dirtiest cat in the game?
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 29 2010, 02:12 AM) *
They could do something about his holding but they'll never get him for headbutts whether they're accidental or intentional. Even if the ref tries to do something Ward will just hold with whichever hand the ref can't see. Refs can't penalize you for what someone says you're doing, they've to see you doing it. Without the holding I think he can still fight the same fight since he can just clench, fight with you in the clench, and keep pressing you to the ropes.

You think thats ironic? I think its highly appropriate.

Think we prob need to take a step back from the p4p stuff too lads, I mean, we all know that 168 is a talentless wasteland created to allow eurobums to have belts dont we? Or has the rise of a young American suddenly changed all that?
gravytrain
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Nov 28 2010, 09:41 PM) *
You think thats ironic? I think its highly appropriate.

Think we prob need to take a step back from the p4p stuff too lads, I mean, we all know that 168 is a talentless wasteland created to allow eurobums to have belts dont we? Or has the rise of a young American suddenly changed all that?

I can't say I like 168 no matter who is holding titles.

You're forgetting that here in America people have convinced themselves that Christianity is all charity and humility. I don't know if people on your side of the Atlantic have that sentiment but here no devout Christian could be capable of such rough tactics lol. after all, Ward just opened his heart to jesus and jesus said "elbow this motherfucker!".
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 29 2010, 03:48 AM) *
I can't say I like 168 no matter who is holding titles.

You're forgetting that here in America people have convinced themselves that Christianity is all charity and humility. I don't know if people on your side of the Atlantic have that sentiment but here no devout Christian could be capable of such rough tactics lol. after all, Ward just opened his heart to jesus and jesus said "elbow this motherfucker!".

Haha! I remember in Cancun earlier this year some young American female who upon finding out my mate didnt believe in God promptly started explaining to him that he was going to hell. I thought it was generally understood by most intelligent people that more people have been killed in the name of religion over the years than by Cancer Aids and old age combined!
gravytrain
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Nov 28 2010, 11:38 PM) *
Haha! I remember in Cancun earlier this year some young American female who upon finding out my mate didnt believe in God promptly started explaining to him that he was going to hell. I thought it was generally understood by most intelligent people that more people have been killed in the name of religion over the years than by Cancer Aids and old age combined!

She probably downed a bottle of Jack Daniels, did some cocaine, and then had sex with numerous strangers in her hotel room after making that comment. that's how most of them are anyway.

lloyd mayflower
I seriously doubt it. After the reputation spring break in Cancun has earned itself I was sorely disappointed with the lack of stupid behaviour on show.
lloyd mayflower
I'm not buying that shit, not when iv seen the hate that gets thrown at the likes of Hatton and Ruiz to name the first 2 off the top of my head for the same thing. You cant go brushing it aside with all that "its a fight" bullshit just cos hes a young American who shows some promise.

Froch Ward will be interesting so long as it actually gets made. No way does Froch go to Oakland. Absolutely no chance.
The CEO
and he will again, Smarty....like when he won The Gold in Athens, Greece...and in Tennessee, Florida, Oregon, Connecticut, Saint Lucia, and The Cayman Islands when he was comin' up in the pros...not to mention the 13 other wins outside of Oakland in California...

Really...the Ward hate across the threads is cute and at times endearing to me...but saying he's nothin' but a Ricky Ruiz and all?...lol....me thinks some people need to learn the difference between craftiness/proper retaliation and blatant, excessive fouling as a focus/dirtiness out of frustration of gettin' schooled...

lol.....I tell ya...it's gonna be ALOTTA fun watching Andre Ward continue to Own that bullshit division and shatter all the bitter foreigners' hopes and dreams...

victory.gif
BigG
Ugly rough fight but Ward beat him at his own game. That fight wasnt close on the cards. I had it 10-2.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 29 2010, 01:31 PM) *
and he will again, Smarty....like when he won The Gold in Athens, Greece...and in Tennessee, Florida, Oregon, Connecticut, Saint Lucia, and The Cayman Islands when he was comin' up in the pros...not to mention the 13 other wins outside of Oakland in California...

Really...the Ward hate across the threads is cute and at times endearing to me...but saying he's nothin' but a Ricky Ruiz and all?...lol....me thinks some people need to learn the difference between craftiness/proper retaliation and blatant, excessive fouling as a focus/dirtiness out of frustration of gettin' schooled...

lol.....I tell ya...it's gonna be ALOTTA fun watching Andre Ward continue to Own that bullshit division and shatter all the bitter foreigners' hopes and dreams...

victory.gif

I dont think iv seen much Ward hate. Just guys who dislike his ugly style. I just dont think hes p4p and certainly not p4p above Froch who I believe has better recent record at the same weight. I do however look forward to those two fighting as they are the only two who have used the super six to prove themselves worthy. You just want to see hate so you can continue your vendetta against European fighters and the 168 division!

When Carl Froch used some ugly tactics against Dirrell it was some home refereeing bullshit, fuckin disgraceful, skilled American being roughed up by hometown bum. When Ward does it in his hometown its craftiness/proper retaliation?

As for fighting outside Oakland, well CEO you cant deny that Ward is going to get himself a reputation as a homer, specially if he demands any of his next 2 super 6 bouts in Oakland. Whilst your listing the many venues Ward has fought at, heres something to think about. For most Americans and all of his haters, Joe Calzaghe was the worst homer ever! Yet he had only 17 out of his 46 fights on his hometown. Not that much when you consider that he spent his last 23 fights as the guy with the strap. Your boy Bradley has only left Cali 3 times. These guys should be judged by the same standard you use when distributing your unique brand of eurohate!
Maxy
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Nov 29 2010, 11:03 AM) *
I dont think iv seen much Ward hate. Just guys who dislike his ugly style. I just dont think hes p4p and certainly not p4p above Froch who I believe has better recent record at the same weight. I do however look forward to those two fighting as they are the only two who have used the super six to prove themselves worthy. You just want to see hate so you can continue your vendetta against European fighters and the 168 division!

When Carl Froch used some ugly tactics against Dirrell it was some home refereeing bullshit, fuckin disgraceful, skilled American being roughed up by hometown bum. When Ward does it in his hometown its craftiness/proper retaliation?

As for fighting outside Oakland, well CEO you cant deny that Ward is going to get himself a reputation as a homer, specially if he demands any of his next 2 super 6 bouts in Oakland. Whilst your listing the many venues Ward has fought at, heres something to think about. For most Americans and all of his haters, Joe Calzaghe was the worst homer ever! Yet he had only 17 out of his 46 fights on his hometown. Not that much when you consider that he spent his last 23 fights as the guy with the strap. Your boy Bradley has only left Cali 3 times. These guys should be judged by the same standard you use when distributing your unique brand of eurohate!

Well put.

I'd also like to add that CEO's comment concerning shatter all the bitter foreigners' hopes and dreams, shows up the bloke for what he is.
The CEO
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Nov 29 2010, 11:03 AM) *

vendetta?....lol...I'm on the WINNING side, Lloyd....I, don't have the vendetta....I think we all know who has one though....and I'll be addressing him shortly.

It's appropriate you bring up Calzaghe...who is INDEED one of the most protected homers I've ever seen...makes me wanna start a Carl Froch Appreciation Thread...

for shitting all over Calzaghe's resume and preventing English boxing from flatlining this year after all the embarrassments and farces...

QUOTE (Maxy @ Nov 29 2010, 11:43 AM) *
Well put.

I'd also like to add that CEO's comment concerning shatter all the bitter foreigners' hopes and dreams, shows up the bloke for what he is.

You know you done fucked up, right?

Let me remind everyone what kind of bloke I am...

I'm the one who vouched for you to be inducted into the old Team FightHype....I'm the guy who suggested we make a new British forum and make you a mod of it...BEFORE I became a mod myself.

and what do I get in return?....consistent personal insults and potshots from you over my OPINIONS throughout the past year...I've let 'em slide...

Well playtime definitely IS over now, old boy...you are now officially one of them....a full fledged, nationalistic, nuthugging FIGHTER fan...the kind I DESTROY.

You don't give a fuck about this forum or Boxing at all anymore...all you care about is British Boxing surviving....remember when you made your Fantasy League Squad and said you would "stick with your own", ONLY choosing Brits...yeah...I saw that....I saw what you did in the predictions thread...spoiling the outcome because you were so overjoyed Froch won and kept Hope alive....that's a serious offense on this board...

You have continually disrespected me as a mod...another serious offense...

You have called this board "a poxy forum"....for those who don't know what poxy means, it means "cursed".

So the way I see it you have two choices...

1. Let it go and fuck off.

2. Have one last go and get thrown the fuck out.
Jack 1000

On Froch-Direll,

I call it an ugly fight. The decision could have gone either way because there were so many hard to score rounds. Direll was the better runner and Froch was the better grabber. But it seemed to me that Froch did just a little more in close rounds. If Direll had done a little less running, he could have pulled it out. I thought Froch pulled it out by about two points. A draw to a two-point edge for Direll also would have been fine. There was nothing really effective about that fight.

The officials were all from neutral countries. Their close scoring, refecting the split decision for Froch, showed the fight's difficulty in picking a winner. At Direll's request, the WBC did review the fight. One of the reps watched it twice and had Froch winning by a close decision, same as me. The ref was a Panamanian, Hector Afu, so it was a neutral ref. There were neutral judges too as the Super Six tournament laid out in the contract. (Mexico, Italy, and Belgium)

Froch fought a brilliant fight against Abraham!

Jack
Maxy

Possibly.

Let me remind everyone what kind of bloke I am...

I think we once had a mutual respect for one another but I've been here 6 years, you've been here 4/5 and that's a long time for disagreements to brew. You said shatter all the bitter foreigners' hopes and dreams and that felt below the belt to me, especially as I have already stated that Ward is most likely to win this thing.

I'm the one who vouched for you to be inducted into the old Team FightHype....I'm the guy who suggested we make a new British forum and make you a mod of it...BEFORE I became a mod myself.

I was grateful to be inducted into Team fight hype and thanked you at the time. A British forum would have been nice but you have to remember how you were the most frequent American poster on the old British forum and it wasn't in a positive sense right? Back then you were pretty derogatory of the British fighters, even if it may have been tongue in cheek.

and what do I get in return?....consistent personal insults and potshots from you over my OPINIONS throughout the past year...I've let 'em slide...

I'll readily admit that earlier this year I personally insulted you BUT I actually apologized for that and the post is somewhere on the now seemingly defunct Team fight hype. You have took exception to my comment about what kinda bloke you are but you cannot level the consistent personal insults and potshots at me because that just isn't the case. You do wind me up though.

Well playtime definitely IS over now, old boy...you are now officially one of them....a full fledged, nationalistic, nuthugging FIGHTER fan...the kind I DESTROY.

Now this is 100% fair enough. You dislike me, I accept that and if you want to take me apart I am big enough to take the knocks but I never lie down.

You don't give a fuck about this forum or Boxing at all anymore...all you care about is British Boxing surviving....remember when you made your Fantasy League Squad and said you would "stick with your own", ONLY choosing Brits...yeah...I saw that....I saw what you did in the predictions thread...spoiling the outcome because you were so overjoyed Froch won and kept Hope alive....that's a serious offense on this board..

Come on man, you know this isn't true. I love boxing and I've put my life into boxing, both promoting the sport to every work associate I can and to every friend I've ever had. I've made it my business to stay up until 5am so I can catch the big fights in America live, and I've barely missed anything over the last 20 years, even if I have to dig it out at a later date. Things ain't ever gonna change in that respect, I love the sport. You might find it hard to believe but I opted to pick the majority of my fighters from the fantasy league from these shores because we have some decent prospects who will earn some points. I wasn't exclusive in picking Brits either. Cory Spinks let me down big time and Mike Jones, despite earning me some points seemed to be exposed the other week. December 11th several of my chosen fighters box, so I added a few more the other day. I don't even need to tell you who my favourite fighter is or where he comes from. You know that shit for real. I fucked up by revealing the Froch result in the predictions thread but that was a one off and I hold my hands up to it. There was no malice, nor no gloating involved at all.

You have continually disrespected me as a mod...another serious offense...

No I haven't.

You have called this board "a poxy forum"....for those who don't know what poxy means, it means "cursed".

It actually means far more than cursed but its by the by because anyone can make a flippant comment and I've attempted to gain more members here from other forums than I care to remember. It only worked with Webl though.

So the way I see it you have two choices...

1. Let it go and fuck off.

2. Have one last go and get thrown the fuck out.

I don't quite get this bit. Number 1....do I just leave and be done with it?

Number 2, do I stay but disagree with something you say and get kicked out?

And Ceo, I did once give you a fuckin good fight plan to work with back in the days when you were pretty crap at Webl....

It ain't all bad man.
The CEO
A decent post....some of it true, some of it not....reminded me of the Maxy I used to get along with and respect.....

As far as "shattering bitter foreigners' hopes and dreams"...you didn't think I would let EVERY jab slide, did you?

Well...it doesn't matter....all the long term members who have paid attention know what's what...you will finally take the suspension you've been beggin' for....3 months.

I'd like to see you come back as your old self....someone who would be excited/talk about a great fight like Marquez-Katsidis instead of feverishly lobbying for 1 of England's few good fighters to be a P4Per....

There will be a clean slate waiting for you, and we'll see what happens...
gravytrain
I don't know why the hell people bring up Froch/Dirrell in comparison to Andre Ward. Andre Ward fouled Bika after Bika fouled him and then Ward used his ugly style to whoop that ass. Everybody in the game holds to some degree and nobody could call the clash of heads blatant fouls since there's nothing blatant about them, only that he regularly steps in to clench and while stepping in and grabbing you there's a clash of heads. Froch? Froch constantly hit Dirrell on the back of the head and that's a blatant foul. You can't accidentally hit someone on the back of the head unless they're leaning into it and Dirrell wasn't leaning into it. Then Dirrell got a point deducted for holding and Froch got one warning about hitting behind the head while doing it on a constant basis.

You can keep bringing it up but one fighter would be called for it outside of their home city and Ward wouldn't. There's no way Ward could ever be called for headbutting and despite holding and hitting he makes you play his game so if anything the ref would just tell Ward and his opponent to clean it up.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 29 2010, 01:12 PM) *

Just like Holyfield.

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 29 2010, 04:42 PM) *
I can see Froch going to the ref before his fight with Ward to make him "well aware that this cat is a blatant & continual fouler." That's rich. "Daddy, that bully from Oakland is going to take my lunch money."

Rightly so. He IS a blatant & continual fouler. That said Froch would answer back to any illegal tactics with his own.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Nov 30 2010, 03:03 AM) *
You just want to see hate so you can continue your vendetta against European fighters and the 168 division!

Having been around here a while CEO definately has a strong dislike for any Eurofighter especially at 168. He views then as robotic sub skilled fighters who are nowhere near as good as a American Olympic pedigree Gold Medallist.

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Nov 30 2010, 03:03 AM) *

Yeah but most of his fights were in the UK so the UK is one big hometown unlike America.

QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 30 2010, 04:34 AM) *

Maxy entered the debate definately at 11.15pm
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 30 2010, 07:29 AM) *
Well...it doesn't matter....all the long term members who have paid attention know what's what...you will finally take the suspension you've been beggin' for....3 months.

I disagree with that decision thumbsdown_anim.gif .
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 30 2010, 09:11 AM) *
Let the street fight begin. Froch v Ward. Skip the semis.

That is one thing I can say I agree with you on.
The CEO
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 29 2010, 05:02 PM) *
Having been around here a while CEO definately has a strong dislike for any Eurofighter especially at 168. He views then as robotic sub skilled fighters who are nowhere near as good as a American Olympic pedigree Gold Medallist.

Yeah but most of his fights were in the UK so the UK is one big hometown unlike America.

Maxy entered the debate definately at 11.15pm

laugh.gif

Good stuff...all of it pretty much true NOW...lol...but there ARE posts of mine showing there was a time when I LIKED Froch and Abraham...

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 29 2010, 05:10 PM) *
I disagree with that decision thumbsdown_anim.gif .

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 29 2010, 05:25 PM) *
I would ask (for the quality of the forum's sake) that Maxy receive a full pardon. I do not suggest that I grasp the full depth of this conflict. However, I am of the opinion that Maxy is a quality poster (who I sometimes disagree with). There is no doubt about his nationalistic fervor, given the quote under his avatar, but in my experience he does not always wear it on his sleeve.

I honestly believe that this forum will be noticeably diminished without him.

But I'm just the 5'10", 230 lb, nasty, old hobo in the room.

Well...I'm sure those opinions are makin' him feel better as he reads this as a Guest...and I bet some more people feel the same....seeing how I like and respect both of you, I wish I could make that call...might do it under different circumstances...

but this was a long, long, loooong time comin'....Maxy knew it was comin' and was ready....you can tell by the tone and wording of his last post...believe it or not, in a way, this is what he wanted...but I decided to only give him 3 months...that's LIGHT...he should be back before the semis of the tourney....

Tell me, STEVENS....other than the 1st year I was here...did we EVER directly and seriously insult each other over any fighters we Hated or Appreciated? Nope...we didn't.

If you haven't noticed, I don't come around nearly as much as I used to....have to take care of home...so when I do come around, I don't wanna have to deal with any unnecessary, bitter bullshit built up from years past...I'd rather squash beef than go back and forth now....

I rose above it for over a year...try to hit me, say you're sorry, and then KEEP tryin' to hit me any chance you get?...nahhhh.....enough was enough seven months ago.

Let's all just move on and wish for the best...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 30 2010, 11:21 AM) *
Tell me, STEVENS....other than the 1st year I was here...did we EVER directly and seriously insult each other over any fighters we Hated or Appreciated? Nope...we didn't.

I agree. I recall us having some back & forth over fighters but nothing "serious". I see your point & reasons behind it but I happen to like the UK flavour Maxy brings to this board. I for one hope he comes back.
lloyd mayflower
Man I feel bad for stoking that up now. For my part I was only doing it cos I know i'l always get a little joust with CEO on this subject, all in good fun. I'm not going to question your motives tho, your the mod not me. I just hope Maxy returns. Its good to have another perspective on whats happening closer to home.

Also I know your reasons extend back a while but if that revealing the Froch fight result had anything to do with Maxys ban, well I was the only one that mentioned it and it was pretty much tongue in cheek, I wasnt really bothered.
The CEO
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Dec 1 2010, 10:06 AM) *
Man I feel bad for stoking that up now. For my part I was only doing it cos I know i'l always get a little joust with CEO on this subject, all in good fun. I'm not going to question your motives tho, your the mod not me. I just hope Maxy returns. Its good to have another perspective on whats happening closer to home.

Also I know your reasons extend back a while but if that revealing the Froch fight result had anything to do with Maxys ban, well I was the only one that mentioned it and it was pretty much tongue in cheek, I wasnt really bothered.

Don't feel any guilt whatsoever, Lloyd....you had nothing to do with it...

I jousted heavily and properly with Maxy over the years before you came here...everyone knows where we both stand...it started degenerating between us in '09, and rules are rules.

There's been dozens of offenses...sometimes I would shoot a hard counter, but I avoided him most of the time...out of respect for his long tenure, I only made it a suspension...not a "ban".

On the other hand, the n00b trolls who come in and start insulting the board (or ANY of the regulars) and/or spoil fights?...they don't get the same luxury.
lloyd mayflower
Thats fine then. Just thought I better show my face since I kicked the hornets nest then fucked off for a couple of days.

In fairness tho iv not had much spare time as my whole world has in the last 3 days found itself under 2 feet of unseasonably early snow. Whoever came up with that global warming bullshit needs to be dragged outside and shot with a ball of his own shite.
Spyder
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Dec 1 2010, 02:40 PM) *
Thats fine then. Just thought I better show my face since I kicked the hornets nest then fucked off for a couple of days.

In fairness tho iv not had much spare time as my whole world has in the last 3 days found itself under 2 feet of unseasonably early snow. Whoever came up with that global warming bullshit needs to be dragged outside and shot with a ball of his own shite.

Start throwing...
The CEO
Update on Maxy...

He emailed me over the weekend, and we straightened it out...he took full responsibility for his actions and apologized like a man...he was ready to do the full sentence, but I decided to reduce his time...

He'll be able to log back in on January 1st...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.