Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Litzau-Caballero
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Anybody else excited for this fight on the HBO card?

Jay's improved a lot in his last few fights, and he's a live dog to pull off the upset. He's incorporated some strength training this time, and he's extremely focused. Also, he's about as tall as Caballero. That length won't have such a huge factor against Litzau, and Litzau can be more aggresive against this guy. Caballero doesn't have the most power, but he does throw a lot of punches. Litzau has showed improved defense in his last few fights, so hopefully he won't get hit a ton and he'll land some bombs. Litzau's the bigger man, so those shots may affect Caballero a bit more. I'm excited for the fight, but that's probably because I'm from MN and have watched Jason Litzau among other fighters since I got into boxing in 2001. It should be a good one though.

Litzau Training: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSzM1NKpGGg

Litzau Interview: http://www.minnesotaboxing.com/Interviews/..._caballero.html
Lil-lightsout
Only you would make a Litzau thread, lol. He is getting smoked in this one.
Snoop
I hope Litzau gets stretched.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Why don't you like Litzau? He fights in an entertaining style and gives his heart out for the fans. He's a fresh face, and will always make for a good fight. I don't understand why people would want to see him streched. I'm just sayin....I can't wait to J Litz to knock this wirey fucker out.
Snoop
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Nov 28 2010, 01:46 AM) *
Why don't you like Litzau? He fights in an entertaining style and gives his heart out for the fans. He's a fresh face, and will always make for a good fight. I don't understand why people would want to see him streched. I'm just sayin....I can't wait to J Litz to knock this wirey fucker out.

I could ask the same question about Caballero.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I don't want to see Caballero streched because I dislike him though. I admit, he's a damn good fighter with really long arms. However, he hasn't looked all that great at times. I remember when he fought Lacierva on Showtime, and he looked like garbage. However, he's looked great against Yourdan and Molitor. Those guys didn't have the length Litzau did though. Jay is only a couple inches shorter than Caballero, and he won't have to work as hard to get inside. People are acting like Litzau is some midget, but he's just about 6 feet tall. He can really crack too. His defense has improved, and I'm starting to think this will be a competitive fight. Litzau will get his respect early, and he can dictate the pace like Lacierva did. I'm a homer, and I admit that full on. I know some people who are laying some money on Litzau at 10-1 odds, and I don't blame them. Litzau can beat this dude.
Snoop
Well, I would say that wanting to Litzau to "knock the wirey fucker out" is akin to "stretched", but sure. I don't think Litzau is a bad fighter, he just kinda seems like a dumbass to me. Just kind of annoying, frankly.
D-MARV
Turning out to be a good fight.
D-MARV
My God, to think that people actually have Caballero in the top 10... LOL.
D-MARV
Good Fight Litzau!
TheFonz
Good Job Jason Litzau!
Snoop
See what Litzau did to Merchant at the end of the fight? That's why I consider him an annoying dumbass.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! That's Minnesota representing right there. Caballero has never fought a tall guy like that before and Jason has better skills than most give him credit for. These boxing writers prolly only seen him fight on ESPN a couple times or seen him against Guerrero. They assumed he wouldn't get better, but he'll keep proving the haters wrong. 10 or 13 to 1 is a disgrace for this fight, but so be it. Congrats to Jason Litzau, keep representing St. Paul to the fullest, everybody will always be behind you. WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Snoop, I get why people don't like Litzau too. He has that cocky attitude at times, and seems like a douche on the surface at times. In fact, in April 09 he was booed at the Target Center in his post fight interview. However, he works really hard and is a good guy. I've met him a couple times, and he's always been accomodating to me and all my buddies. This is a great night for Minnesota boxing, and gives the state a huge boost. I've heard a lot of great things about Jason getting so much more focused the last couple years, and giving everything he has to boxing. It's working out so far, and hopefully he'll keep the momentum rolling.
Lil-lightsout
Congrats Kyle! That's what happens when someone(Caballero) underestimates their opponent and does not train properly.
BrutalBodyShots
Caballero fought like a guy with a 7-2 record or something. So damn sloppy. No one would believe that guy is a top level fighter if they were seeing him for the first time and couldn't hear the commentary.

Extant
Did anyone see Larry Merchant give Litzau two thumbs down when Litzau approached him ringside? I thought that was classless on Larry's part.
Snoop
QUOTE (Extant @ Nov 29 2010, 03:48 AM) *
Did anyone see Larry Merchant give Litzau two thumbs down when Litzau approached him ringside? I thought that was classless on Larry's part.

And it wasn't classless for Litzau to hang through the ropes like an idiot while Merchant was in the middle of broadcast?
mexi-cutioner
I like Litzau, coming up from an impoverished family, both parents were apparent drug addicts and he was homeless at one time...he deserves every bit of recognition and praise for this fight and for his last win over Juarez as well.....but with that being said, at 27 years old the kid is clearly showing signs of brain damage. He's punch drunk as fuck i don't even think Gatti was THAT punch drunk at that point in his career. I'd like to see litzau win a world title, get a few big paydays and retire within the next couple years. he shouldn't continue putting his health and longevity on the line and definitely doesn't need to end up like Ali or Roach or suffer dementia by the time he's middle aged.
thehype
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 27 2010, 11:08 PM) *
Congrats Kyle! That's what happens when someone(Caballero) underestimates their opponent and does not train properly.

What's your definition of "train properly"?

Are you saying that because you know he wasn't taking the necessary steps in training, skipping days, etc. or are you just saying that simply because that's what Merchant kept saying during the broadcast?

dntknw.gif

Personally, I just attribute it to a case of a guy moving up in weight one too many times. In my opinion, Caballero has ALWAYS looked somewhat sloppy and awkward...kind of like Antonio Tarver. The difference in this fight is simply that he was fighting a guy with some decent skills who could take his punch with no problem at all. Caballero just ain't hitting that hard at 130, so without the advantage, Litzau was able to hang with him.

That's what's SUPPOSED to happen when a guy moves up 3 or 4 weight classes...they lose that pop and become a little more average....kind of like Mosley moving up to 154.

Somehow, however, Pacquiao has been the exception to the rule.

Go figure.

laugh.gif

That is all. Carry on.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 29 2010, 10:24 PM) *

Are you saying that because you know he wasn't taking the necessary steps in training, skipping days, etc. or are you just saying that simply because that's what Merchant kept saying during the broadcast?

dntknw.gif

Personally, I just attribute it to a case of a guy moving up in weight one too many times. In my opinion, Caballero has ALWAYS looked somewhat sloppy and awkward...kind of like Antonio Tarver. The difference in this fight is simply that he was fighting a guy with some decent skills who could take his punch with no problem at all. Caballero just ain't hitting that hard at 130, so without the advantage, Litzau was able to hang with him.

That's what's SUPPOSED to happen when a guy moves up 3 or 4 weight classes...they lose that pop and become a little more average....kind of like Mosley moving up to 154.

Go figure.

laugh.gif

That is all. Carry on.

You could be right. I have seen a bunch of Cabellero's fights, and I was always very impressed with him all around. What I saw that night was mind boggling to me. I am sure you have seen it numerous times yourself, a top fighter looking past a "nobody" that they are definitely supposed to beat.

No, I honestly didn't take it from Merchant. Just my own personal opinion just looking how flat and gassed he was. I would just assume he didn't take his training as serious figuring he would blow out it this kid. Or just maybe he is not as good as I thought?(Caballero)

But again, you could be right about the weight thing too. dntknw.gif
Extant
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 28 2010, 06:56 PM) *
And it wasn't classless for Litzau to hang through the ropes like an idiot while Merchant was in the middle of broadcast?

I agree... But dog on!!! The man earned his victory. Let the ghetto white boy have his moment! He earned. I'm sure u saw how Lampley clean that situation up for Litzau.
Extant
QUOTE (Extant @ Nov 29 2010, 08:20 PM) *
I agree... But dog on!!! The man earned his victory. Let the ghetto white boy have his moment! He earned it. I'm sure u saw how Lampley cleaned that situation up for Litzau.

Snoop
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Nov 29 2010, 04:32 PM) *
I like Litzau, coming up from an impoverished family, both parents were apparent drug addicts and he was homeless at one time...he deserves every bit of recognition and praise for this fight and for his last win over Juarez as well.....but with that being said, at 27 years old the kid is clearly showing signs of brain damage. He's punch drunk as fuck i don't even think Gatti was THAT punch drunk at that point in his career. I'd like to see litzau win a world title, get a few big paydays and retire within the next couple years. he shouldn't continue putting his health and longevity on the line and definitely doesn't need to end up like Ali or Roach or suffer dementia by the time he's middle aged.

Well, that makes me feel a bit bad for calling him a dumbass, but I've just always been annoyed with him ever since I heard him call himself "The White Sugar Ray Leonard."
Snoop
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 30 2010, 04:24 AM) *

dntknw.gif

Go figure.

laugh.gif

That is all. Carry on.

Dude, I told you it was in the genes. That or because he hasn't had to cut weight anymore.

laugh.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 30 2010, 01:36 AM) *
Well, that makes me feel a bit bad for calling him a dumbass, but I've just always been annoyed with him ever since I heard him call himself "The White Sugar Ray Leonard."

LOL

thehype
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 30 2010, 01:38 AM) *
Dude, I told you it was in the genes. That or because he hasn't had to cut weight anymore.

laugh.gif

There's definitely something in his genes.

It's not often that a guy is able to compete in 11 out of the 17 weight classes over the course of his career.

laugh.gif

The CEO
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 30 2010, 01:36 AM) *
...I've just always been annoyed with him ever since I heard him call himself "The White Sugar Ray Leonard."

lol...I felt the same towards him after that statement...loved how Atlas smacked him down on National TV after he said that..."whoa Whoa WHOA!....wait a second, kid.".

Funny story....my 77 year old mother called me up the next day (she watches Boxing every now and then), and the very first thing she told me was "that young American boy fought his butt off. He impressed me."...

She also said Katsidis was "valiant" and that Marquez was "something else"...

Can't say I disagree...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.