Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Pacquiao Sweepstakes lol!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Sai
ADMIN NOTE: Just FYI, we actually prefer linking to our own stories first...like this one:

SHANE MOSLEY: "FREDDIE IS SCARED OF PACQUIAO FIGHTING ME"

"You know, he just destroyed Margarito; I destroyed Margarito. It only makes sense if the two guys who destoyed Margarito come together and fight. Margarito dusted off Cotto. Margarito dusted off everybody else, but he got knocked out by me and he got destroyed by Pacquiao. It's only right. Me and Pacquiao never fought each other, styles makes fight, so let's see what happens...Freddie knows I'm a smart fighter and he knows that I'm strong. He knows me and Freddie is scared of Pacquiao fighting me. I figured out what he showed Pacquiao already and, you know, there's going to be some problems and he knows that. Freddie watched me and he knows me. He knows that I can fight different styles; he knows all that stuff. He knows the way Pacquiao fights, he knows how I fight, and the clash is very dangerous because Pacquiao comes out and Pacquiao wants to fight. That makes it very dangerous for Pacquiao to fight me," stated three-division world champion Shane Mosley as he shared his thoughts on a potential clash with Manny Pacquiao. You don't want to miss what else he had to say as Mosley talks more about Pacquiao, his current situation with Golden Boy Promotions and much more. Check it out!

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content8904.html

Feel free to promote your own work, but spamming won't be allowed, so make sure you contribute in the discussions as well. Thanks.

thehype
H.M.I.C.

Manny Pacquiao vs Mosley Keys to Victory
Bob Arum lines up 3 fighters for Pacquiao; Mosley, Marquez, Berto. Which opponent will be the best fight for him boxing wise and business wise.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Sai @ Nov 30 2010, 01:19 PM) *
Manny Pacquiao vs Mosley Keys to Victory
Bob Arum lines up 3 fighters for Pacquiao; Mosley, Marquez, Berto. Which opponent will be the best fight for him boxing wise and business wise.

I gotta say the only fight that makes sense is the Marquez Fight. Berto is still too green, he's unknown, and can't draw a crowd. Mosley looked like shit in his last two fights. Right now the fight everyone is calling for(besides Mayweather) is the Marquez fight. The public didn't want the Margarito fight and they still bought it and it went just as expected. Arum will do whatever he wants, he doesn't care about the fans. I think Pac at 147 is too much for Marquez but he deserves the shot and the payday
Praximo
Berto by far!

Well of course it would be best for Manny, because a win for either KO or by the cards would look good in his record and for boxing wise, And for business wise, Im sure Berto and Pac could pull off a mil in PPV. Because lets not forget Berto also has a pretty big fan base, he's also a countrymen fighter.
thehype
QUOTE (Praximo @ Nov 30 2010, 02:34 PM) *
Berto by far!

Well of course it would be best for Manny, because a win for either KO or by the cards would look good in his record and for boxing wise, And for business wise, Im sure Berto and Pac could pull off a mil in PPV. Because lets not forget Berto also has a pretty big fan base, he's also a countrymen fighter.

Berto by far? Berto has a big fan base?

laugh.gif

Please! He could BARELY draw 1000 fans (972) in his backyard when he fought Quintana in Florida. LOL. That's not a "big fan base".

Not to mention, both Berto AND Marquez COMBINED on one card could BARELY draw 5000 fans (4,920).

When Mosley fought Mora, they had 13,591 fans in attendance.

I'm sorry, but I'd say from both business-wise AND boxing-wise, Shane Mosley is ABSOLUTELY the right choice for Manny Pacquiao.

Oh sure, the "diehard" fans will moan a little bit, but come fight night, those same "diehard" fans will be watching...and the following day, if Pacquiao stops or dominates Shane, those same "diehard" fans will be talking about how great of a fighter Pacquiao is because he just beat a guy "worse" than Floyd did.

laugh.gif

You people really need to start thinking more like a promoter.

laugh.gif
Sai
Thanks for the admin note. Actually I do link back to FightHype.com and site you guys with credits when I mention quotes from interviews you guys have conducted. The article you guys have with Shane Mosley is great insight from Shane's perspective. Sometimes we fans would like to tell it how we see it smile.gif

Peace and Fish Grease!
Run and Gun Game Calls
Floyd is on the shelf for a little while with legal troubles. You cant invest millions into a fight that many never happen. Floyd has a court date at the end of jan. Then maybe he can move forward, and maybe not, nobody knows. So I have no problem with Pacquio staying active until floyd clears up his legal issues
PR316
Pacquiao will retire Mosley.
JLUVBABY
ive been thinking about this fight... if mosley has that one good fight left in him he could give pac some problems.. i personally thought he beat mora so... he can be no worse than pacs last few opponents... and i dont see him getting hit at will like margarito... not picking mo to win but saying he should produce a better fight and more comp then pacs last few opponents... no matter what happens in the fight i dont see it as just a one sided early beat down ill say that... its another fight i think pac goes the distance in... with the right fight plan mo might can make the fight close or even take a contraversial loss, the more i think bout it i dont think pac knocks him out... it would be his last shot at some type of p4p claim im sure he'll give it what ever his all is and that may be enough to make it close... pac can be hit and mo has legit power with descent boxing skill when he decides to use it...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 1 2010, 07:30 AM) *
Oh sure, the "diehard" fans will moan a little bit, but come fight night, those same "diehard" fans will be watching...and the following day, if Pacquiao stops or dominates Shane, those same "diehard" fans will be talking about how great of a fighter Pacquiao is because he just beat a guy "worse" than Floyd did.

Not on this board. It would be a case of a lot of members saying how Pac is feasting on Mayweather leftovers & Shane is a bum bla bla bla.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 30 2010, 04:30 PM) *

too bad we are just the fans and we just want good fights...........

we can give a shit less about numbers......

business savy?.... I can get who will draw the bigger numbers,... I get that,.. but what g
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 30 2010, 04:30 PM) *

business savy?.... I can get who will draw the bigger numbers,... I get that,..

But I think all parties should be petitioning for Mayweather,.. and until that fight ABSOLUTELY cannot be made no one else should be in consideration..

Mayweather is the folowing:

1.) a good fight for the casual fan
2.) satisfaction to the die hard fans no matter what the outcome
3.) a very good ending to two very good careers and legacies
4.) NUMBERS NUMBERS NUMBERS!!!! u name it, this fight will break every known record in PPV history, PLUS both fighters can retire on that money.....

The saddest part is if Pac losses just one fight to any of these dangerous opponents PBF wont go within 1000 light years near him....
gravytrain
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Nov 30 2010, 05:50 PM) *

business savy?.... I can get who will draw the bigger numbers,... I get that,..

But I think all parties should be petitioning for Mayweather,.. and until that fight ABSOLUTELY cannot be made no one else should be in consideration..

Mayweather is the folowing:

1.) a good fight for the casual fan
2.) satisfaction to the die hard fans no matter what the outcome
3.) a very good ending to two very good careers and legacies
4.) NUMBERS NUMBERS NUMBERS!!!! u name it, this fight will break every known record in PPV history, PLUS both fighters can retire on that money.....

The saddest part is if Pac losses just one fight to any of these dangerous opponents PBF wont go within 1000 light years near him....

No, I think the saddest thing is that a fight was slated to be the biggest fight of recent times and the two fighters didn't face each other. I'm doubtful the fight will ever happen to be honest..
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 30 2010, 07:19 PM) *
No, I think the saddest thing is that a fight was slated to be the biggest fight of recent times and the two fighters didn't face each other. I'm doubtful the fight will ever happen to be honest..

either way we lose.....
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 30 2010, 09:45 PM) *
SSM is no bum. He just aint elite level any longer. If they want to make a fight with SSM it should be v Berto. Whoever gets by that should fight Pac, although I think Berto or JMM are far better fights (as well as business decisions).

And yeah, Team QuackMeow does enjoy rotting meat.

I know HBO wants to ask every fighter if they'll fight Pac these days but I don't think it's a question if they want to fight Pac, that means nothing. The real question is if Arum wants to match them up and I really doubt it. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Pac finish off his career with a Cotto rematch, Margarito rematch, and Mosley fight.

I did think it's fucking hilarious when Andre Berto was trying to talk about being done with the "appetizers" and being ready for the main course though. This cat hasn't even placed an order yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.