Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fantasy Manager 2011
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
We are into the last month for the 2010 season. Should get the ball rolling for next season. For those that didn't play it, this may give you a rough idea, . Mainly established posters or who are on regularly and we know will play, and preferably no flakers from the 2010 season.

By the way, Rivado has put his hand up to help me, I didn't want to run it by myself again, more work than I thought. If anyone else is interested to help in some way, let me know in case. Though myself and Rivado might be enough.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 1 2010, 03:57 AM) *
We are into the last month for the 2010 season. Should get the ball rolling for next season. For those that didn't play it, this may give you a rough idea, . Mainly established posters or who are on regularly and we know will play, and preferably no flakers from the 2010 season.

By the way, Rivado has put his hand up to help me, I didn't want to run it by myself again, more work than I thought. If anyone else is interested to help in some way, let me know in case. Though myself and Rivado might be enough.

wish i had time young fitzgerald... ill let you know closer to the end of the year or early next year.. i wouldnt mind helping keeping updates current as im usually on for some matter of time everyday... i'll let you know.
AussieLad
I'm in like Flynn
mexi-cutioner
Count me in as well Fitz
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 5 2010, 04:37 PM) *
Bump.

People who want to play, say so, asap. Then we can get it rolling if we get enough players. It looks like so far:

• Rivado
  • AussieLad
  • JLUV (I think)
  • mexi-cutioner
  • lloyd mayflower

im in young fitzgerald... no doubt about it....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 5 2010, 04:37 PM) *
Bump.

People who want to play, say so, asap. Then we can get it rolling if we get enough players. It looks like so far:

• Rivado
  • AussieLad
  • JLUV (I think)
  • mexi-cutioner
  • lloyd mayflower

im in young fitzgerald... no doubt about it....
The CEO
Yes...Maxy wants in....PM me your email, and I will pass it on to him...
salvador
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 6 2010, 08:32 PM) *
[list]

Come on guys, sign up. For people already in. I suggest you start working on a list of at least 30 fighters or so, that way we can get the ball rolling quicker when the time comes.

I really appreciate all your work on that for the past year - thank you. I can't imagine what a pain that must have been.

My basic feeling on the idea is that a year is a really long time for the game and that after about 6 months at least 1/2 of the people are out of it. I don't know if it should be broken up into 4 seasons or if there should be some kind of more fluid trading mechanism or if maybe the monthly FH prediction league could somehow be incorporated into it - or maybe every fighter who is picked can only have a maximum of 2 fights count for points. I just think that somehow the game could be improved in a way that wasn't so burdensome for you and at the same time could be more competitive.

Again, thanks for your effort.
Fitz
QUOTE (salvador @ Dec 8 2010, 08:02 AM) *
I really appreciate all your work on that for the past year - thank you. I can't imagine what a pain that must have been.

My basic feeling on the idea is that a year is a really long time for the game and that after about 6 months at least 1/2 of the people are out of it. I don't know if it should be broken up into 4 seasons or if there should be some kind of more fluid trading mechanism or if maybe the monthly FH prediction league could somehow be incorporated into it - or maybe every fighter who is picked can only have a maximum of 2 fights count for points. I just think that somehow the game could be improved in a way that wasn't so burdensome for you and at the same time could be more competitive.

Again, thanks for your effort.

Thanks salvador, and don't worry. I have thought of the same thing before as well. Breaking seasons in half or something.
mexi-cutioner
Hey Fitz, an idea i recently thought of is how about we consider doing a football fantasy league type format, where teams face each other weekly, but instead of weekly we do it monthly???

So, each team would face off in what would be a month long battle and at the end of that month, whichever team racks up more points wins and the other loses. At the end of 6 months, the top 4 or 8 teams [depending on the number of participants] move onto the playoff round where 1st plays last, 2nd plays 2nd last etc. I feel the championship match between the final two teams should take place in November, and have that last 2 months since less fights happen in December and with the holidays i'd imagine it to be fairly quiet aside from the first 2 weeks of the month.

THis way, we can break the league up into a regular season and playoffs, and the inactive participants will likely be eliminated after the first 6 months of play anyway, thus leaving the remaining players who are likely active in the league.

With this format, I feel we should change the structure of the add/drops and trades. We shold be allowed to place upto 2 fighters per year on Injury reserve and pick up 2 fighters without losing add/drops. As well, we should be given 2 or 3 add/drops monthly to make the team vs. team battles more competitive and remove the substitute fighter we currently have in place for each roster. As well, we should end the season sometime prior to Christmas in order to give us some time to relax as well as prepare for the upcoming season/draft.

I think the winner should be given an incentive as well to make things more interesting and competitive. First place wins a fighthype prize pack and secures first pick in the upcoming draft, 2nd place wins a smaller prizepack, 3rd and 4th place win t-shirts...

What do you think????
SENTRAL
I am keen to take part in next years league if there is a space vacant?
King Eugene
I would participate but seeing my lack of participating this past year it would be pointless. Thanks though but I don't want to waste anyone's time.
AussieLad
BUMMER
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.