Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacman Vs Martinez Fight...Are you favorable?..
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dominicbuilder9k1
[size="6"][/size]Boxing fans is excited to see the Pacman against Martinez...the world is waiting for this two good fighters to slug it out....

Arum has lined up Mosley...or Marquez..?...if not then it is better to match the Pacman against Berto...

Nobody will watch Pac-Mosley...a Pacquiao - Marquez is not exciting either....Boxing fans need Pacquiao vs Martinez...

My question is...Are you in favor of Manny Pacquiao vs Martinez fight,,?..

Lil-lightsout
1- NO!!! I do not wish to see a 140-147 pound Pac fight a middleweight.

2-I would watch Pac and Berto.

3-I would also watch Pac and Mosley.

4-Marquez IS an exciting fighter!!! Have you seen any of his fights? Did you see his two battles with Pac?

5- No, I do not want to see Pac-Martinez in the slightest.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 2 2010, 02:16 AM) *

4-Marquez IS an exciting fighter!!! Have you seen any of his fights? Did you see his two battles with Pac?

Co-Sign
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 2 2010, 02:20 AM) *
Co-Sign

Yo Ryan! Hey man I will hit you up tomorrow and give you an update. Sorry been MIA. Hope all is well. friends.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 2 2010, 02:22 AM) *
Yo Ryan! Hey man I will hit you up tomorrow and give you an update. Sorry been MIA. Hope all is well. friends.gif

Cool man. I wondered what happen to you. Received an email from you one day and then all of a sudden you disappeared laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Agree with LL. Martinez is a MW. Wouldn't be that interested in seeing either Pac or Floyd face him.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Dec 2 2010, 02:58 AM) *
Agree with LL. Martinez is a MW. Wouldn't be that interested in seeing either Pac or Floyd face him.

Now if only you would have listened to me about Fraudley,lol.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Dec 2 2010, 02:58 AM) *

1 up

I dont want to see martinez fight anywhere near jr. middle and below......

there is a whole slew of fights he can make within 8lbs north
JD
I would like to see this fight at 155.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 2 2010, 12:16 AM) *

On point, LL.
PR316
I'm for it.

Would be a much bigger challenge than Mosley.
caneman
I think Martinez is way too big & would knock Pacman silly honestly! But if he really wants to make a statement, make that fight & win it & I would be floored but I just can't see it myself! I misread the thread 1st time after reading the front page! I think it should be Pacman/JMM @ 140 & not 147 & not a catch weight!
streetlion1
Martinez vs Pacquiao= Pacroid gets abused and K.Oed easily....and just for that point I dont want it to happen...I wanna see a good fight and the best available is Pacquiao vs Marquez.

LMFAO at the guy who said Marquez isnt exciting. Why do you think PacRoid and coach Roach are ducking him?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 2 2010, 01:16 AM) *

hey man what happened top your payback? you never got me.... i did that for you...
Run and Gun Game Calls
No reason to see this fight. in the off chance Pac wins, people will put him ahead of ray robinson which is silly. But more than likely you destroy your product in manny Pacquio by turning him into a circus sideshow. Pacquio doesnt need to be fighting above 147, and to be honest that is a big weight class for him.

Much respect to the man for fighting in it, but no more moving up.
JLUVBABY
im for it..... it'd be much better than watching pac overwhelm no hoped for opponents... if pac got knocked out it would be poetic justice for draining fighters...
Run and Gun Game Calls
lmao another drained fighter outcry, they are grown men and professional fighters, you dont like the ring size, glove size or weight stipulations, dont sign the contract. If you are not able to fight at a contracted weight, dont do it. For gods sakes they are grown men. Nobody forced them to agree to any stipulations.
caneman
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Dec 2 2010, 01:37 PM) *
lmao another drained fighter outcry, they are grown men and professional fighters, you dont like the ring size, glove size or weight stipulations, dont sign the contract. If you are not able to fight at a contracted weight, dont do it. For gods sakes they are grown men. Nobody forced them to agree to any stipulations.

That is a true story even though I am getting sick of catch weights when it suits Pac & not when it suits him again! Truth is many fighters will sign just for the big payday! Cotto sure did! I do see what so many are saying about Team Pac & catch weight crap! He is a top fighter & doesn't need to do this shit! He already has 2 semi tainted belts & it's just getting outta hand IMO!
gravytrain
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Dec 2 2010, 12:37 PM) *

Alright, other than DLH who's really going to have a say in it? Are Cotto and Margarito about to call some shots with where they were and are at in their careers? If they didn't sign the contract how Arum gave it to them I think they wouldn't exactly be getting a nice payday if they were to fight Manny, and if they didn't fight him period they'd be getting no fights and having to buy out of their contract.

thehype
Martinez is WAY too big for both Pacquiao AND Mayweather. It's one thing to jump up in weight and fight a bum...it's another to jump up in weight and fight another fighter on the same level. Just ask Shane Mosley, who didn't fair too well at all with a light-hitting Winky Wright. Or just ask Winky Wright, who didn't fair too well at all with ol Snaggletooth BHop. Hell, even Roy Jones...he didn't jump up to heavyweight to fight Lennox Lewis...he picked the weakest champion of them all, John Ruiz.

laugh.gif

Manny Pacquiao got some of you guys thinking that's it's a good thing to jump up and fight in weight divisions you don't belong in.

laugh.gif

Even Arthur Abraham, who was a middleweight for pretty much all of his career, is basically saying one division north of him is just too much because the guys are too big and strong. That's just one division...just 8 pounds. LOL.

Manny Pacquiao seems to be the only one capable of moving up up 3-4 divisions with no problems at all.

laugh.gif
Jack 1000
I'd love to see it,

But I fear that Pacquiao is too small. I mean what's he gonna keep doing? Moving up in weight to fight the Klitschkos!? There has to be some kind of weight limit and probably Jr. Middleweight should be it. I suppose they could do a catch-weight. But with all these catchweights and new diamond and silver belts, there is almost no value to weight-classes or meaning to them anymore.

Jack
KookedKrack
Pac man does have a "title" at 154 they should fight there.
Run and Gun Game Calls
was roy jones heavyweight champion of the world? No Was Evander Holyfield really heavyweight champion of the world 4 times? No Is pacquio really the world champion at 154? Nope. paper titles have nothing to do with it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.