Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao's contact with Top Rank
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Nay_Sayer
Wasn't the Margarito fight the last fight on Manny's contract with Top Rank?
STEVENSKI
Dunno but why would he go anywhere else? Bob has looked after Pac very very well so why would he look elsewhere?
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 2 2010, 05:38 PM) *
Dunno but why would he go anywhere else? Bob has looked after Pac very very well so why would he look elsewhere?

Because "THE BOBFATHER" eats 30% of Pacquiao's earnings. Pac doesn't need Arum, he's is an international star now. I'm actually surprised that Pacquiao hasn't start his own promotional company. There's some talent in the Philippines. He can sign a few of those cats and promote his damn self.
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 2 2010, 07:05 PM) *
Because "THE BOBFATHER" eats 30% of Pacquiao's earnings. Pac doesn't need Arum, he's is an international star now. I'm actually surprised that Pacquiao hasn't start his own promotional company. There's some talent in the Philippines. He can sign a few of those cats and promote his damn self.

Good point on starting his own but could he actually promote fights here even with the company! It's funny this came up cause I was wondering why Mayweather can't promote a fight even with a promotion company! Anyone know why PBF needed goldboy to promote him?
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Dec 2 2010, 06:09 PM) *
Good point on starting his own but could he actually promote fights here even with the company! It's funny this came up cause I was wondering why Mayweather can't promote a fight even with a promotion company! Anyone know why PBF needed goldboy to promote him?

No reason why he couldn't once he gets all his paperwork and everything, I think it'd be pointless to now though. Arum already has this cat set to make at least 20 million in his next fights and Pac will only be active a little longer. Plus I don't think Pac would just leave him unless there was a reason to, and while he could make more money this dude is probably thinking that without Arum he wouldn't even be making this kind of money.

I'm thinking Mayweather is making the choice not to promote his fights rather than not being able to.
Snoop
Just because Pacquiao is a good fighter doesn't mean he'll be a good promoter. They're completely different trades and he'll get crushed by the big boys of the industry. A big name will only get you so far.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 2 2010, 06:59 PM) *
Just because Pacquiao is a good fighter doesn't mean he'll be a good promoter. They're completely different trades and he'll get crushed by the big boys of the industry. A big name will only get you so far.

Good points, Snoop.

Nice job on the Front Page blog, by the way. You got the Pacmaniacs all stirred up.
Snoop
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 3 2010, 04:45 AM) *
Good points, Snoop.

Nice job on the Front Page blog, by the way. You got the Pacmaniacs all stirred up.

Haha, thanks bro. I dunno why out of all things they choose to abuse my name the most.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (caneman @ Dec 2 2010, 06:09 PM) *
Anyone know why PBF needed goldboy to promote him?

promoters license
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 3 2010, 12:02 AM) *
Haha, thanks bro. I dunno why out of all things they choose to abuse my name the most.

You are being facetious . . . right?
Snoop
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 3 2010, 07:07 AM) *
You are being facetious . . . right?

Yes and no. I read the other Pac articles and there isn't nearly as much play on words of the author's name or reference to their race. Maybe they just hate Chinese people.

laugh.gif
caneman
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 3 2010, 03:02 AM) *

They went crazy & anyone should see you made good points if they agreed or not! I couldn't believe some of the commons made & last I seen it was over 340 ish! You got them going that is for sure. lolz! It was crazy!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 2 2010, 11:17 PM) *
Yes and no. I read the other Pac articles and there isn't nearly as much play on words of the author's name or reference to their race. Maybe they just hate Chinese people.

laugh.gif

I think it is kind of like Mexicans and Puerto Ricans.

But the Filipinos we're talking about belong to The QuackMeow Nation.

Honestly, Snoop, your name is kind of like Kirk Douglas' chin.
Snoop
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 3 2010, 05:40 PM) *
I think it is kind of like Mexicans and Puerto Ricans.

But the Filipinos we're talking about belong to The QuackMeow Nation.

Honestly, Snoop, your name is kind of like Kirk Douglas' chin.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.