Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fights for trade...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
Well guys my vhs/dvd recorder finally came in... its set up and im finally transferring my old fights from vhs to dvd... I started this topic for anyone that would like to trade fight film with me... im not interested in selling just trading if anyone is interested... as im going through i'll tell you guys how its going... i have loads and loads of vhs tapes i have to go through... im sure i will come across some old school classics that ive forgotten... like right now... oba carr vs livingstone bramble is being recorded... by the way after watching it i still feel like bramble won that fight...

also a problem that im encountering seems to be the old hbo and tvko fights seem to be copyrighted off the television, and this goes back to my tapes from hbo in the mid to late 80's... i think i might have a cure for this problem but its giving me a headache... if any of you guys have any experience your input will be much appreciated on this issue... thanks...
JLUVBABY
now i got ray mercer vs tommy morrison going... awesome awesome ko...
stateofthegame
I have never had a problem on the copyright on things I transfer from recordings, however I have ran into it on tapes that I bought such as UFC or older mma tapes. For some reason though if my tapes have a lot of interference in them like it is tracking my recorder will pause the recording until it straightens out. I have tons of stuff I have already on dvd, sometime I will get you a list to see if you are interested in anything. Like you I do not want to sell but if you have something I am wanting and vice versa I will swap out.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (stateofthegame @ Dec 2 2010, 09:50 PM) *
I have never had a problem on the copyright on things I transfer from recordings, however I have ran into it on tapes that I bought such as UFC or older mma tapes. For some reason though if my tapes have a lot of interference in them like it is tracking my recorder will pause the recording until it straightens out. I have tons of stuff I have already on dvd, sometime I will get you a list to see if you are interested in anything. Like you I do not want to sell but if you have something I am wanting and vice versa I will swap out.

off the top of my head im looking for tyson vs ribalta... thats the one tyson fight i dont have... and id like to have herbie hide vs michael bentt... i was in basic training when they fought and had to read about it... just let me know some of what you are looking for and ill see if i have it... as for the vhs tapes they where recorded off oftelevision not bought... but i think i might have a cure for it... so far its hbo and the tvko fights... i havent tried a showtime fight yet... im getting all the espn and usa network and local channel fights first... ill be at this for months getting them all transferred over... possibly close to a year im figuring.. i hope it doesnt take that long but i have lots of fight film...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 2 2010, 11:01 PM) *
off the top of my head im looking for tyson vs ribalta... thats the one tyson fight i dont have... and id like to have herbie hide vs michael bentt... i was in basic training when they fought and had to read about it... just let me know some of what you are looking for and ill see if i have it... as for the vhs tapes they where recorded off oftelevision not bought... but i think i might have a cure for it... so far its hbo and the tvko fights... i havent tried a showtime fight yet... im getting all the espn and usa network and local channel fights first... ill be at this for months getting them all transferred over... possibly close to a year im figuring.. i hope it doesnt take that long but i have lots of fight film...

Damn that's a lot of fights. I only have like 10 fights on my DVR from ESPN classic lol.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 2 2010, 10:04 PM) *
Damn that's a lot of fights. I only have like 10 fights on my DVR from ESPN classic lol.

i started recording the fights round 87 or 88 gravy...
stateofthegame
good luck i have been at it for 5 years and still have a ton to do.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (stateofthegame @ Dec 2 2010, 10:10 PM) *
good luck i have been at it for 5 years and still have a ton to do.

damn man... all fights?
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 2 2010, 11:07 PM) *

lol you've been recording fights longer than i've been alive. good luck with transferring them though.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 2 2010, 10:20 PM) *
lol you've been recording fights longer than i've been alive. good luck with transferring them though.

lol... dont say that loud gravy... lol...
stateofthegame
yes all fights
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 2 2010, 09:07 PM) *

Damn JLUV! What's your price MSGT?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (stateofthegame @ Dec 2 2010, 10:26 PM) *
yes all fights

damn man... how many fights do you have on vhs?... last i checked which was years on top ofyears ago... i was at the 3000 range, i know im way over that now... not all major fights of course... but a lot of good fights...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 2 2010, 10:29 PM) *
Damn JLUV! What's your price MSGT?

i prefer not to sell beardo... if you want some fights we'll work something out... i work off the barter system... lol... i prefer trading...
JLUVBABY
im going through these tapes and whats interesting is how sports center sports center used to discuss regular matches many years ago.. and so did cnn sports. not just major fights i just had a blast in the past where sports center covered the terry norris vs jorge castro fight and riddick bowe vs elijah tillery rematch... also covered the tony/mccallum 1 draw... if its not floyd or mayweather these days or espn 2 friday night boxing they arent discussing the fights period... my how times have changed....
JLUVBABY
i just came across this fight guys... now on dvd... i had forgot all about this one... one of the funniest ko's ever and i recorded this shit live... the guy getting knocked out looked like a killer at the center of the ring stare down before the fight... he won the staredown but lost the war... lol... enjoy...

stateofthegame
Never counted to be honest. Back in the day ESPN would even show the post fight press conferences. It seemed like there was fights on all the time like on ABC's Wide World of Sports, I believe I still have Virgil Hill against Dariusz Michelczewski from one of those telecasts, and that was at the tail end of the time though.

Like you not all my fights are name people, but some are worth watching just the same.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 2 2010, 10:16 PM) *
i prefer not to sell beardo... if you want some fights we'll work something out... i work off the barter system... lol... i prefer trading...

Like I said.

What would you like?
Run and Gun Game Calls

this is my favorites of all time
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 3 2010, 12:44 AM) *
Like I said.

What would you like?

what fights are you looking for beardo?... lets make sure i have them... lol... i have a lot of fights but... for instance i dont have much on salvidor sanchez.... i need to build up my collection of his fights... so give me a few of the fights you want and we'll see if we cant get em to you... tell you what id love to trade for if you have it.. is some old model train stuff if you have it... H.O scale...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 3 2010, 12:26 AM) *
what fights are you looking for beardo?... lets make sure i have them... lol... i have a lot of fights but... for instance i dont have much on salvidor sanchez.... i need to build up my collection of his fights... so give me a few of the fights you want and we'll see if we cant get em to you... tell you what id love to trade for if you have it.. is some old model train stuff if you have it... H.O scale...

I don't have any of that but I did a story about this group of dudes with a pretty elaborate mini reality going on including HO scale. I would imagine they might know where to find some.
BrutalBodyShots
Taking fights from VHS to DVD is a hell of a process. I did it for a few weeks maybe 5 years ago and gave up when I wasn't even 1/4 done with what I had. Having to do it in real time is what sucks, and having to babysit them to stop/restart the DVDs was something I just didn't (and still don't) have time to do.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 3 2010, 09:03 AM) *
Taking fights from VHS to DVD is a hell of a process. I did it for a few weeks maybe 5 years ago and gave up when I wasn't even 1/4 done with what I had. Having to do it in real time is what sucks, and having to babysit them to stop/restart the DVDs was something I just didn't (and still don't) have time to do.

brutal what im doing is starting the vhs and making duplicates of the original vhs i made years ago... i started to break them up into careersa but that would take just too damn long... imma label these bad boys just like the tapes and call that shit a day... lol... im working on the bert cooper vs michael moorer tvko card now... and yeah you are right this is gonna take a very long time... i leave sunday for 2 weeks so that'll be 2 weeks i wont be able to dubb...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 3 2010, 08:44 AM) *
I don't have any of that but I did a story about this group of dudes with a pretty elaborate mini reality going on including HO scale. I would imagine they might know where to find some.

model trains is another hobby of mine... i have a pretty nice layout myself... lol... man you got me rollin over here... mini reality... lol.... thats a good one...
JLUVBABY
allight guys!!! i think i might have solved my copy right issues... lol... i went old school and added another vcr if anyone ever has that issue... dont know why or how the dvd knows but i was dubbing the michael moorer vs bert cooper fight and it recorded the whole card till it got to the main even and said cannot cannot copy this content and closed out the recording... i think it will work this way... so far so good.. ill fill you guys in after the fight... but i think its going to work... a different vcr is sending the video and audio feed... so it cant cut off... least it shouldnt... lol...
JLUVBABY
my theory worked guys!!! wqe now have high quality dubbing going on!!!
JLUVBABY
update... im dvd'ing my favorite fight of all time as i type this.... leonard vs hearns 1... i love this fight... its the first fight i recollect ever watching and my favorite fight till this day.... pure classic...
JLUVBABY
well just and update... imma be away from the dvding for a minute... i have 2 weeks away in louisville kentucky.... but i put some good fights to dvd yesterday... oba carr vs derrell coley, vincent pettway vs paul vaden, taylor vs chavez 1, dokes vs ruddock, lewis vs mercer and ruddock, some jack johnson fights, marciano vs walcott and archie moore, and holyfield vs foreman.... there was some others but those arethe ones i can think of off hand... well i cant wait ti get back at this in two weeks....
JLUVBABY
if anyone is interested in trading get with me now... i still have a pretty solid 2 weeks out here but ill be able to jump on the dubbing when i get back... for those interested im looking for original telecast of tyson vs ribalta, and i thought i had all tysons fights but realized i dont have the bonecrusher smith fight nor do i have the mitch green fight.. thought i had those... also im looking for michael bentt vs herbie hide... thats just off the top of my head... holla at me and ill staret making list of what you guys might be looking for... like i told beardo if any of you guys have old H.O trains etc that you dont want id be willing to make deals for that stuff too.... get at me if you guys are interested...
BGv2.0
I agree with every single person on here that said what a F'N pain in the ass it is to attempt this BS....

I've been fighting the war of tape degrade since 2001!!!! And living in TX with the awful humidity...let me tell you it is a non stop battle.

I originally spent a LOT of cash on a "VCD recorder"....called a Tarapin. Some people do not even know of the VCD format....I actually converted my entire collection to VCD by 2002 or so. The problem with VCD is that it is a very unstable format with TONS of artifacts that are left on the disc....some players will not even play them.

I calmly waited for DVD-Recorders to drop in price, which they did about 5 years ago...and have went through about 2 since...they seem to not last.

I even shipped a large bulk of my original VHS master copies to a guy in Canada to convert for me with the promise he could keep the masters as he planned on selling DVDs at some point. BUT...the shipping to Canada and the wait time was too much so that only lasted a couple times.

That is where I'm at....I have a TON of tapes that need conversion and would be willing to let the person keep my masters for the simple trade off of the dvd's.

I simply do not have the time I once did to try and get this done. This is why I gave up recording fights about 3 years ago. Now, I will only record a fight of epic proportions OR a killer must have back and forth (both of which seem to be a rare thing nowadays).

I have two houses I have to upkeep (mine own as well as my mothers), A 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 I am working on, my toy collecting hobby (all 70's 80"s from Mego to Yo Joe), my stressful job....and lets not forget the psycho girlfriends that come and go....

I just do not have the time for it...so if anybody is interested...let me know. My collection was started in 88 or so...is about 75% HW.

kidbazooka1
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Dec 7 2010, 04:32 PM) *
...is about 75% HW.

Sorry about that. laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Dec 7 2010, 02:32 PM) *
I agree with every single person on here that said what a F'N pain in the ass it is to attempt this BS....

I've been fighting the war of tape degrade since 2001!!!! And living in TX with the awful humidity...let me tell you it is a non stop battle.

I originally spent a LOT of cash on a "VCD recorder"....called a Tarapin. Some people do not even know of the VCD format....I actually converted my entire collection to VCD by 2002 or so. The problem with VCD is that it is a very unstable format with TONS of artifacts that are left on the disc....some players will not even play them.

I calmly waited for DVD-Recorders to drop in price, which they did about 5 years ago...and have went through about 2 since...they seem to not last.

I even shipped a large bulk of my original VHS master copies to a guy in Canada to convert for me with the promise he could keep the masters as he planned on selling DVDs at some point. BUT...the shipping to Canada and the wait time was too much so that only lasted a couple times.

That is where I'm at....I have a TON of tapes that need conversion and would be willing to let the person keep my masters for the simple trade off of the dvd's.

I simply do not have the time I once did to try and get this done. This is why I gave up recording fights about 3 years ago. Now, I will only record a fight of epic proportions OR a killer must have back and forth (both of which seem to be a rare thing nowadays).

I have two houses I have to upkeep (mine own as well as my mothers), A 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 I am working on, my toy collecting hobby (all 70's 80"s from Mego to Yo Joe), my stressful job....and lets not forget the psycho girlfriends that come and go....

I just do not have the time for it...so if anybody is interested...let me know. My collection was started in 88 or so...is about 75% HW.

i actually got my taping issues out of the way... im away on a job right now is my head ache... lol... but once im done... ill see how this endeavor goes and if its good maybe ill take you up on your offer... i probably have most of the fights you have but id do it for the fights i dont have and send you your tapes back as well... i have no desire to store all the tapes i have tho i will... i put too much time into them as a kid.... i have a ton of vhs tapes to go through so once im done ill let you know and we'll go from there if i decide to do this again... lol... bout how many tapes would you figure you have to convert?... speaking of a guy from canada i used to buy some fight film from a guy out of canada...whats your guys name?
JLUVBABY
Post #33

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,319

...is about 75% HW.

actually if his collection is heavyweight from the late 80's and 90's he should have a solid collection of fights... the heavies in all of the 90's into the early 2000's where a solid group of for the most part evenly matched fighters... there was a lot of names and for the most part they all fought each other... only major fights we didnt see was tyson foreman which would have been the biggest fight of em all... lewis bowe... bowe tyson (which was actually signed and got scrapped due to tysons legal issues in indianappolis)... id be willing to say the division was deeper in the 90's than in the 70's... just my opinion....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 6 2010, 04:48 PM) *
I already mentioned I have that, and can organise it for you to download. I have every Tyson fight, I have Bonecrusher abd the Green fight.

young fitgerald.. i may take you up on that but im looking for the original television versions... i like all the talk leading up to the fights... the previous fights previous etc... ive always loved the build ups to fights as much as the fights... lol... i even love the pre fight interviews and i get pissed when its a good fight and they dont interview the loser...
Fitz
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 8 2010, 02:50 PM) *
young fitgerald.. i may take you up on that but im looking for the original television versions... i like all the talk leading up to the fights... the previous fights previous etc... ive always loved the build ups to fights as much as the fights... lol... i even love the pre fight interviews and i get pissed when its a good fight and they dont interview the loser...

I will look into it. I have the whole Tyson career set (including a lot of the amateurs and his exhibition he had a few years ago). Some of the fights have build ups and all that, and other fights is just the fight. But I will look into it for you.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 7 2010, 09:54 PM) *
I will look into it. I have the whole Tyson career set (including a lot of the amateurs and his exhibition he had a few years ago). Some of the fights have build ups and all that, and other fights is just the fight. But I will look into it for you.

you are the man fifty grand young fitzgerald... one of these days imma make it to sydney and we will have shrimp and drinks on the barbie... lol..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 7 2010, 09:54 PM) *

you are the man fifty grand young fitzgerald... one of these days imma make it to sydney and we will have shrimp and drinks on the barbie... lol..
Fitz
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 8 2010, 03:57 PM) *

laugh.gif

I'm in Melbourne. I still love the 'shrimp on the barbie' comments, lol. I swear I have never had a shrimp on the barbie before. I wonder if Stevenski has? I don't know anybody that has them on bbq's either, lol.

But let me know, and I will hook you up. If you want when I get home, I can upload screenshots of the fights, so you know what the quality is like, and if they have any of the entrances or anything.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 7 2010, 10:47 PM) *
Post #33

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,319

...is about 75% HW.

actually if his collection is heavyweight from the late 80's and 90's he should have a solid collection of fights... the heavies in all of the 90's into the early 2000's where a solid group of for the most part evenly matched fighters... there was a lot of names and for the most part they all fought each other... only major fights we didnt see was tyson foreman which would have been the biggest fight of em all... lewis bowe... bowe tyson (which was actually signed and got scrapped due to tysons legal issues in indianappolis)... id be willing to say the division was deeper in the 90's than in the 70's... just my opinion....

I know bro i was just kidding.

I have a huge collection of fights ranging from the 1930's to present. I was deep into tradeing back in the early 00's and had a few sources that provided me with very very rare stuff. I collect everything boxing including those HW fights from the 80-90's just wasn't a big fan of them compared to the lighter weight divisions but thats just me.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 7 2010, 10:43 PM) *
i actually got my taping issues out of the way... im away on a job right now is my head ache... lol... but once im done... ill see how this endeavor goes and if its good maybe ill take you up on your offer... i probably have most of the fights you have but id do it for the fights i dont have and send you your tapes back as well... i have no desire to store all the tapes i have tho i will... i put too much time into them as a kid.... i have a ton of vhs tapes to go through so once im done ill let you know and we'll go from there if i decide to do this again... lol... bout how many tapes would you figure you have to convert?... speaking of a guy from canada i used to buy some fight film from a guy out of canada...whats your guys name?

Cool. Man...it's been so long ago...I can't even recall the guy's name.

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 7 2010, 09:08 PM) *

Yeah....I'm sure that's a pretty common thought. BUT...those 80's-90's HW's were very deep. I even have some of those rare early 80's HW fights witht he likes of Page, Witherspoon, Smith etc....some of those are impossible to find. Even though that was a sad group of HW's....because of that fact very few people committed those to tape....so when you do find them, they are like a rare gem.

AND....when you compare those guys to today's HW division they are SPECTACULAR! lol
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 7 2010, 11:20 PM) *
laugh.gif

I'm in Melbourne. I still love the 'shrimp on the barbie' comments, lol. I swear I have never had a shrimp on the barbie before. I wonder if Stevenski has? I don't know anybody that has them on bbq's either, lol.

But let me know, and I will hook you up. If you want when I get home, I can upload screenshots of the fights, so you know what the quality is like, and if they have any of the entrances or anything.

that'll work... i wont be able to download them till i get back home... i use my desktop for burning those types of disk... i have another week and a half on the road.. but yeah id liek to see some screen shots...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 8 2010, 12:26 AM) *
I know bro i was just kidding.

I have a huge collection of fights ranging from the 1930's to present. I was deep into tradeing back in the early 00's and had a few sources that provided me with very very rare stuff. I collect everything boxing including those HW fights from the 80-90's just wasn't a big fan of them compared to the lighter weight divisions but thats just me.

man i loved the division in the late 80's early 90s... those guys where very deep and they fought everyone... for the most part...
JLUVBABY
allight guys... im back again from another trip... just getting in actually... and i will keep you guys posted once again on the treasures i find... lol...
JLUVBABY
allight guys.... i just got me some new dvd's... fight tape for now... holyfield vs bowe 1...have the whole tvko broadcast and the fight week building up to it... classic..
JLUVBABY
well they are finally to the bow holyfield fight... id forgot just how much of a war that was.... just found myself glued to the recording in their second round... that was a great round...
JLUVBABY
Fres oquendo vs chris byrd went this morning... i had forgot about that robbery... it wasnt the worst ive seen but oquendo deserved to win that one... just put kevin kelly vs. goyo vargas and now michael moorer vs mike evans is going... id forgot how good a fight kelly vs vargas turned out to be...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.