Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: James Toneys take on Pac v/s Mayweather fight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Run and Gun Game Calls
I found this vid, and just thought his views were interesting. Esp. Since they both use the shoulder roll.

Lil-lightsout
That's surprising. Did not expect Toney's take to be that. Just maybe there is a little truth to that?
Run and Gun Game Calls
lol fitz you are consistant, even if you are consistantly wrong. lol
Run and Gun Game Calls
I know dude, and floyd will prob be the favorite and could win, I just think alot of people are dismissing pac to easily
D-MARV
Damn, Toney sounds bad. He sounds worst then Riddick Bowe.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 3 2010, 11:09 AM) *

Maybe people should stop calling for him to get in the ring with a Klitscko. James "write it down" Toney doesnt have much of a ring to it
Method
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Dec 3 2010, 05:15 AM) *
I know dude, and floyd will prob be the favorite and could win, I just think alot of people are dismissing pac to easily

Im not dismissing PAq too easily. I just think he gets OWNED.

Him and his team arent going to be able to dictate SHIT in the form of this catch weight bullshit they've been able to leverage everyone else to bow down to.

gravytrain
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 3 2010, 06:09 AM) *

I think he must have sustained a lot of brain damage to think he's a genetic freak still doing things.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 3 2010, 04:06 AM) *
I think he must have sustained a lot of brain damage to think he's a genetic freak still doing things.

Dude looks pretty genetically freaky to me.
thehype
James Toney is also a Wildcard groupie who has always supported Freddie Roach and has a long-standing "beef" with Floyd, accusing him of "jacking my style."

Needless to say, he just may be a little biased.

But hey, biased or not, he likes Manny Pacquiao so naturally, his opinion is GOSPEL!

laugh.gif

Pesonally, I like Bernard's take on the fight better.

laugh.gif
lloyd mayflower
Floyds a few cheesecakes short of jacking JT's style. Regardless of how the Pac Floyd fight might go, I think one thing we know after the Mosley fight is that Floyd wont wilt when (if) backed into a corner
BrutalBodyShots
From talking to casual boxing fans at my job or just out and about it seems almost everyone is picking Pacquiao. Too much buzz on the guy... he's been dominant & explosive, not much on Mayweather lately. The more hardcore fans that really know both guys, I find most are picking Mayweather. The odds will reflect this as well I believe.
thehype
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 3 2010, 09:57 AM) *
From talking to casual boxing fans at my job or just out and about it seems almost everyone is picking Pacquiao. Too much buzz on the guy... he's been dominant & explosive, not much on Mayweather lately. The more hardcore fans that really know both guys, I find most are picking Mayweather. The odds will reflect this as well I believe.

And hopefully they keep picking Pacquiao so I can lay a nice chunk of change on the underdog.

laugh.gif
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 3 2010, 10:01 AM) *
And hopefully they keep picking Pacquiao so I can lay a nice chunk of change on the underdog.

That's exactly what I was thinking smile.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 3 2010, 06:47 AM) *
James Toney is also a Wildcard groupie who has always supported Freddie Roach and has a long-standing "beef" with Floyd, accusing him of "jacking my style."

But hey, biased or not, he likes Manny Pacquiao so naturally, his opinion is GOSPEL!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

You mean the Manny could have trouble with the African American style of fighting? That is the only one I have seen.

The record suggests that Pac has never faced that style, given he has never faced an African American. I suppose, if they are going test the waters with SSM, Team QuackMeow is basically admitting that BHop is correct. Even if the PBF (and JMM) fight cannot be made, Pac should be targeting Berto or the winner of Bradley v Alexander. The choice of Mosley is a poor one for Pacman.

Back to Toney; he was looking pretty formidable. You need to be Klit sized or have casts on your hands if you are going to be punching that noggin.
Run and Gun Game Calls
Mayweather isnt jacking toneys style, James Toney Will fight "ANYONE"
Box in Hand
How can anyone trust James Toney's word? This jackass went into the UFC with very little training and thought he was gonna dominate the heavyweight division and got beat the fuck up inside one round. Now I have long been a fan of Toney but I'm saying he can't be all that smart based on his UFC fiasco and his exploding weight issues. And Floyd didn't take his style cause Floyd doesn't get punished in the ring. Toney sounds like he took too many shots in the ring. Floyd schools Pac after 3 or 4 interesting rounds and may stop him to the soft body of his.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 3 2010, 08:47 AM) *

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

you stole my post... lol.. same thing i was about to post on this issue....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 3 2010, 09:01 AM) *

laugh.gif

and yazzir... that would def be the fight to lay a chunk of change on... we'd all come up on that one... lol..
Spyder
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Dec 3 2010, 12:10 PM) *

thehype
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 3 2010, 10:13 AM) *
You mean the Manny could have trouble with the African American style of fighting? That is the only one I have seen.

The record suggests that Pac has never faced that style, given he has never faced an African American. I suppose, if they are going test the waters with SSM, Team QuackMeow is basically admitting that BHop is correct. Even if the PBF (and JMM) fight cannot be made, Pac should be targeting Berto or the winner of Bradley v Alexander. The choice of Mosley is a poor one for Pacman.

Back to Toney; he was looking pretty formidable. You need to be Klit sized or have casts on your hands if you are going to be punching that noggin.

Yep, but more specifically:

BERNARD HOPKINS: "MAYWEATHER WOULD POT-SHOT PACQUIAO AND BUST HIM UP"

Never one to hold his tongue, future Hall of Famer Bernard Hopkins was quick to share his thoughts on a potential showdown between Manny Pacquiao, fresh off of his victory over Antonio Margarito, and Floyd Mayweather. "Floyd Mayweather would beat Manny Pacquiao because the styles that African-American fighters, and I mean black fighters from the streets or the inner cities, would be successful," he stated. "I think Floyd Mayweather would pot-shot Pacquiao and bust him up in between the four-to-five punches that Pacquiao throws and then set him up later on down the line."

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content8851.html

thehype
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Dec 3 2010, 12:10 PM) *

I swear, you are the true essence of a Pactard.

WTF does who they will or will not fight have to do with their styles being similar?

no2.gif
thehype
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 3 2010, 02:21 PM) *
How can anyone trust James Toney's word? This jackass went into the UFC with very little training and thought he was gonna dominate the heavyweight division and got beat the fuck up inside one round. Now I have long been a fan of Toney but I'm saying he can't be all that smart based on his UFC fiasco and his exploding weight issues. And Floyd didn't take his style cause Floyd doesn't get punished in the ring. Toney sounds like he took too many shots in the ring. Floyd schools Pac after 3 or 4 interesting rounds and may stop him to the soft body of his.

laugh.gif
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 3 2010, 06:52 PM) *
I swear, you are the true essence of a Pactard.

WTF does who they will or will not fight have to do with their styles being similar?

no2.gif

Not so much a pactard, as a person who completely hates floyd at the moment. But at least im honest about it. In my opinion floyd is a supremely talented fighter, who is a waste of flesh as a human being. Does that matter??? Not if he is fighting, but he would rather stand on the sidelines and just tell everyone how good he is.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 3 2010, 03:30 PM) *
That's what I'm hoping for as well guys. Though about 6-12 months ago, the site I use to bet had lines for a fight between them. Mayweather was the slight favourite sad.gif

I think the odds will be in his favor. That's some bullshit too, I wish he'd come in at 5-1.

QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 3 2010, 10:01 AM) *

laugh.gif

Hopefully all those high rolling Asian cats will lay down the money on Pac lol.
Snoop
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 3 2010, 09:09 PM) *
I think the odds will be in his favor. That's some bullshit too, I wish he'd come in at 5-1.

Hopefully all those high rolling Asian cats will lay down the money on Pac lol.

As we've already established here on FH, those high rolling Asians cats LOVE to gamble. It's in our genes.
AussieLad
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Dec 3 2010, 05:10 PM) *

hahaha nice one thumbsup_anim.gif
Spyder
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 3 2010, 05:04 PM) *
As we've already established here on FH, those high rolling Asians cats LOVE to gamble. It's in our genes.

You ain't high rolling...

laugh.gif
caneman
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 3 2010, 09:12 PM) *

laugh.gif

on the net, you never know!

rolleyes_anim.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 4 2010, 02:12 AM) *

laugh.gif

This is true. Us brokeass Asians love to gamble too though.

laugh.gif
neophyte7
Amazes me how people can downgrade mayweather for being ignorant and ghetto, YET FIND worth and appreciation for JAMES GORILLA mighty joe young looking ass. Toney is disgusting with his antics and his antics don't equate to any dollars. HE IS disgusting clown and disgraceful reinforcement of the steroetypical image of the Black Male in America. He needs his liver lips sown shut...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 4 2010, 11:33 AM) *
Amazes me how people can downgrade mayweather for being ignorant and ghetto, YET FIND worth and appreciation for JAMES GORILLA mighty joe young looking ass. Toney is disgusting with his antics and his antics don't equate to any dollars. HE IS disgusting clown and disgraceful reinforcement of the steroetypical image of the Black Male in America. He needs his liver lips sown shut...

dude is ignorant...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 4 2010, 10:05 AM) *
dude is ignorant...

The genetic freak?
tymoney
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 4 2010, 12:33 PM) *

Thats because people hate winners! No one likes the cocky black kid. But Toney can get away with it why? Bc hes not a winner, he gets his ass whooped on the regular so they will classify his cockiness as "bein real", as opposed to Floyd being the "asshole" and crucified for his cockiness. And no im not the guy that idolizes Floyd zero.. any man can lose a fight on any given day. But basically Floyd been on top for wayyyyy too long and he talk much shit on top of that. They didnt like Ali till he got sick and couldnt talk shit no more. Toney havent been on top of his game for a lonnngggg ass time now.. so its easy to support his ignorance and antics, cheer that shit on thats what we want. But yet lets hate Floyd for doing the exact same shit. *Shrugs* thats america for you, lol
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (tymoney @ Dec 5 2010, 01:00 AM) *
Thats because people hate winners! No one likes the cocky black kid. But Toney can get away with it why? Bc hes not a winner, he gets his ass whooped on the regular so they will classify his cockiness as "bein real", as opposed to Floyd being the "asshole" and crucified for his cockiness. And no im not the guy that idolizes Floyd zero.. any man can lose a fight on any given day. But basically Floyd been on top for wayyyyy too long and he talk much shit on top of that. They didnt like Ali till he got sick and couldnt talk shit no more. Toney havent been on top of his game for a lonnngggg ass time now.. so its easy to support his ignorance and antics, cheer that shit on thats what we want. But yet lets hate Floyd for doing the exact same shit. *Shrugs* thats america for you, lol

This has got nothing to do with who is winning or losing.

I'm afraid you miss the subtle differences between James' smack talking and Floyd's. James' trash is always tinged with humour and sometimes just roll around funny. Same with Tyson. Floyd's? Floyd's is just plain dumb. It's also in the delivery as well. James has comic timing, Floyd just has a stutter.

I'd be very surprised if Floyd could ever come up with something as bizarrely hilarious as "I'm the king of John Madden." laugh.gif

James should go to the WWE. If their audience liked Floyd they'll freakin love James.
JD
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Dec 5 2010, 01:55 AM) *
This has got nothing to do with who is winning or losing.

I'm afraid you miss the subtle differences between James' smack talking and Floyd's. James' trash is always tinged with humour and sometimes just roll around funny. Same with Tyson. Floyd's? Floyd's is just plain dumb. It's also in the delivery as well. James has comic timing, Floyd just has a stutter.

I'd be very surprised if Floyd could ever come up with something as bizarrely hilarious as "I'm the king of John Madden." laugh.gif

James should go to the WWE. If their audience liked Floyd they'll freakin love James.

Yeah...charisma is key.

I can't understand a word Ricardo Mayorga says, but his smack talk is still outstanding because he is charismatic.
Spyder
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 3 2010, 09:16 PM) *
This is true. Us brokeass Asians love to gamble too though.

laugh.gif

Ha! lol

On the Floyd vs James subject...the difference that's more apparent to me is the level of God given talent. I'm not talking about boxing talent, because those gifts are obvious in both of them. But the "gift of gab" is something that James has, and Floyd desperately tries to attain.

Like everything else in the world, talent can not be learned. You're either born with it, or you aren't. Sure, you can refine it...like any skill. But training can only help you realize your full potential, not extend what you're born with.

That's why James gets laughs, and Floyd gets groans.
neophyte7
Gift of gab??? Jesus. James has poor grammar. He may be able to run his mouth or what we say in the hood" Bumb his gums", but gifted ... hell no
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 5 2010, 05:21 PM) *
Gift of gab??? Jesus. James has poor grammar. He may be able to run his mouth or what we say in the hood" Bumb his gums", but gifted ... hell no

'Gift of the gab' doesn't have to mean you pronounce everything in the Queen's english. It means you you have the ability to think and talk fast. To say funny random stuff on the fly.

And as JD has pointed out some charisma with the delivery doesn't hurt either. Floyd has zero charisma and just tries too damn hard whereas James you know could go on talking his shit all freakin day.

Toney=natural.

Floyd=media creation.

I'll tell you if the young unbeaten Toney had been around in the 24/7 era he would be a friggin superstar. Waaay bigger than Floyd.
Snoop
Ollie, Spyder, JD.

+1
neophyte7
gift of gab secures you something... he is a broke ass clown headed towards another UCF ass kicking. He is worthless. He should ASK mayweather for a few million dollar loan and shut the fuck up.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 5 2010, 04:53 PM) *
gift of gab secures you something... he is a broke ass clown headed towards another UCF ass kicking. He is worthless. He should ASK mayweather for a few million dollar loan and shut the fuck up.

From some of those UFC video's he didn't look that broke. Anyhoo Floyd may not be the guy to ask money from, something tells me give it 2 or 3 years he won't have a brass razoo to rub together.

neophyte7
Well he better borrow some health care because is going to need when Rampage Jackson breaks his worthless back...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 5 2010, 08:47 PM) *
Well he better borrow some health care because is going to need when Rampage Jackson breaks his worthless back...

Has Jackson had the guts to call him out in a boxing ring and pay a visit to James' world? No. Well that ends that conversation.
Snoop
Well, at least we can say that Couture didn't take anything from Toney's trash talking.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 6 2010, 03:55 AM) *
Well, at least we can say that Couture didn't take anything from Toney's trash talking.

James could be 93 years of age, sitting in a wheelchair in an old person's home, no teeth and dribbling and he'll still be trash talking. Threatening to take the male nurses outside and knock their ugly asses out.

"Just sign the damn contract!"

"But Mr Toney I'm just here to take your blood pressure."

"Whaddya mean blood pressure? Do you know who I am? I'm the king of John Madden! Ain't no faggot taking my blood pressure. I'm gonna bust you up bitch."

James lunges for him, missing wildly, before shoulder rolling out of his wheelchair onto the floor,

"Ahh get me a whopper boy and make it quick!"
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Dec 6 2010, 11:25 AM) *
James could be 93 years of age, sitting in a wheelchair in an old person's home, no teeth and dribbling and he'll still be trash talking. Threatening to take the male nurses outside and knock their ugly asses out.

"Just sign the damn contract!"

"But Mr Toney I'm just here to take your blood pressure."

"Whaddya mean blood pressure? Do you know who I am? I'm the king of John Madden! Ain't no faggot taking my blood pressure. I'm gonna bust you up bitch."

James lunges for him, missing wildly, before shoulder rolling out of his wheelchair onto the floor,

"Ahh get me a whopper boy and make it quick!"

Damn you're being pretty generous with 93 years.

laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 6 2010, 05:32 AM) *
Damn you're being pretty generous with 93 years.

laugh.gif

You'd be surprised just how long you can live on a diet of taco bell, whoppers and sprite.
neophyte7
Toney is finitio... someone may put him on their commentating squad or may be able to get some nickels as a trainer... but Gorilla face is finito
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 6 2010, 02:14 PM) *
Toney is finitio... someone may put him on their commentating squad or may be able to get some nickels as a trainer... but Gorilla face is finito

Well he's what 41? 42? Of course he's done. Whaddya expect? HOF here he comes. First ballot easy plus they'll give James an honourary key to his local BK.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.