Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Donaire definitely top 10 P4P
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
Hopefully Montiel wasn't watching this fight. If he did, the February fight might not happen.
SmartyBeardo
Antillion and Soto hug in the middle of the ring before the fight?
SmartyBeardo
Antillion comes out firing.
SmartyBeardo
Getting rough.

Soto gets judo thrown by Antillion.
SmartyBeardo
Damned good brawl of a round.
SmartyBeardo
Round 1 Antillion.
SmartyBeardo
Soto hurts antillion. Soto beating him up now. Boxing well.

Damn, this is a flat out war. Soto wins round two. Antillion keeps coming.
SmartyBeardo
Soto forced to fight higher frequency than normal. Antillion eating heavy leather but just keeps coming lands a left and a right. This is full on war.

Antillion firing nothing but heavy leather. Soto firing great body shots. Soto looks tremendous.

Round 3 Soto.
JLUVBABY
they are going at it like to rabid dogs... damn good fight... lol...
SmartyBeardo
Soto moving back and forth, blocking shots, jabbing well. Antllion just keeps coming. Nice left hook soto. Hard right cross soto. Antillion fighting rough. low blows, head butts. soto forced to fight hard, throw more than normal.

Round 4 Antillion.

This is a damned good fight.
SmartyBeardo
Antillion just trying to mug him. Soto goes nowhere. Great uppercuts. Antillion walking through everything. Good left. Uppercut by soto.

Soto is a badass.

More low blows. This is becoming a candidate for FOTY.

They finally take a point from antillion. Soto comes on hard.

10-8 Soto.

This is why we love boxing.
JLUVBABY
def looking like one of the fights of the year.... not the best so far but its up there...
JLUVBABY
THIS IS A GREAT FIGHT... very well could be watching foty.... got to love it!!!!
kidbazooka1
Donaire is a beast always was it's just Arum is such a bitch that he's afraid to match his guys against the elite. Hopefully this is the last time we see Nonito in with a scrub and Arum finally mans up and gives him the fights he desereves.
mexi-cutioner
Donaire is a MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude just made Sidorenko his bitch out there, not to mention the fastest hands and reflexes in the lower weight divisions at this time. Cannot wait to see him beat Montiel.

PS. anyone know why Soto-Antillon got promoted to main event???? I thought Donaire was going to be the headliner
Hops
I have a feeling Montiel will have another "injury".
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Dec 5 2010, 01:52 AM) *
Donaire is a MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude just made Sidorenko his bitch out there, not to mention the fastest hands and reflexes in the lower weight divisions at this time. Cannot wait to see him beat Montiel.

PS. anyone know why Soto-Antillon got promoted to main event???? I thought Donaire was going to be the headliner

I like Donaire the guy is from the bay and one of the best but if Montiel fights like he did against Hasegawa the fight will be a war that can go either way. Nonito has been blasting out these bums but he ain't never fought anyone as experienced skilled as Montiel who also brings power to the table.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 4 2010, 10:39 PM) *
I like Donaire the guy is from the bay and one of the best but if Montiel fights like he did against Hasegawa the fight will be a war that can go either way. Nonito has been blasting out these bums but he ain't never fought anyone as experienced skilled as Montiel who also brings power to the table.

no doubt, I have tons of love for Montiel he's as good as it gets in the bantamweight division and has been a proven winner for years. It'll surely be a good test and you can't blame Donaire for who he's been facing, the kid's clearly got talent but for whatever reason Arum never capitalized on his big win over Darchinyan. I understand taking 1 or 2 easy fights after beating Darchinyan, but it's long overdue for him to be FINALLY stepping it up.

Not to discredit Montiel's win over Hasegawa, but Hasegawa was SEVERELY weight drained going into that bout. He was killing himself to make weight for a while and at that point he no longer had any business competing at that weightclass. He ended up jumpin up 2 weightclasses after the montiel fight which shows how much trouble he had making 118
thehype
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 5 2010, 01:39 AM) *

clapping.gif

gbh32001
Watch the Soto-Antillon replay here...reminds me of EM-Barerra fight of the year..http://www.pinoys.tv/video/27c641cd30bce0d/Boxing-Humberto-Soto-VS-Urbano-Antillon-12-05-10
Snoop
Sounds like I missed a damn good PPV.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 5 2010, 07:28 PM) *
I thought the same about the size difference. It looked worse than PBF v JMM.

Donaire's a big kid. walks around at 140+ and stands at 5'7 so he's big for his weightclass, it's amazing how he was able to cut down to 112/115 for all those fights. I coulddefinitely see him eventually moving upto 130 and doing fairly well. Hopefully if he gets past Montiel, he'll be in for some bigger fights in a few years time (ie: Wilfredo Vazquez Jr, gamboa, JuanMa Lopez)
Snoop
Goddamn what a fight. Soto has one of the best jabs in boxing today. Antillon is one of the most resilient mofos I've ever seen.
Snoop
I dunno how either of those guys are going to be able to fight by Feb/Mar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.