Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Congrats to Tyson, Chavez, & Tyzyu
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Run and Gun Game Calls
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=5895427

Congrats to Mike Tyson, Julio Cesar Chavez, and Kosta Tszyu for being selected to the 2011 International Boxing Hall of Fame. All three gave us all time great fights to remember.
Lil-lightsout
Congrats to all those guys, except maybe Kostya, that bum lost(QUIT) to Hatton. laugh.gif
kidbazooka1
Chavez and Tyson at the ceremony will be huge. Wish i could make it.
Fitz
Congrats to all of them. Good to see the great Kostya in there.

LilLightfoot...............fuck you.

laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 7 2010, 10:18 PM) *
Congrats to all of them. Good to see the great Kostya in there.

LilLightfoot...............fuck you.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

King Eugene
Sylvester Stallone was inducted as well.
STEVENSKI
Big credit to all 3 guys as they are worthy HOF legends.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 7 2010, 09:57 PM) *

What? He was a great fighter.
D-MARV
Congrats to all three guys!!! Im a little shocked to see Tszyu make it so soon though. It seems to me like he's not quite on Chavez and Tyson's level but he definitely deserves to be there.
Spyder
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 8 2010, 12:57 AM) *

I'm a little surprised that nobody is bothered by this one.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 9 2010, 02:56 AM) *
Congrats to all three guys!!! Im a little shocked to see Tszyu make it so soon though. It seems to me like he's not quite on Chavez and Tyson's level but he definitely deserves to be there.

Yeah being the first person to become UNDISPUTED 140lb champion is not on the level of Tyson & Chavez?
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 8 2010, 07:04 PM) *
I'm a little surprised that nobody is bothered by this one.

WTF? I thought he was joking. Do you get into the HOF for pretending to be a great fighter nowadays?
gravytrain
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 8 2010, 04:39 PM) *
WTF? I thought he was joking. Do you get into the HOF for pretending to be a great fighter nowadays?

there are different categories, you don't have to be a fighter to get inducted into the HOF.
Snoop
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 8 2010, 10:43 PM) *
there are different categories, you don't have to be a fighter to get inducted into the HOF.

That's cool then.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 8 2010, 09:43 PM) *

I can accept that on the grounds that trainers should get recognition too. But if pretending to be a boxer can get you in there, welcome to the Hall of Fame Audley
Snoop
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Dec 8 2010, 10:53 PM) *
I can accept that on the grounds that trainers should get recognition too. But if pretending to be a boxer can get you in there, welcome to the Hall of Fame Audley

laugh.gif

I knew someone was going to throw someone's name in there. Just didn't know whose.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 8 2010, 04:57 PM) *

He raised the profile of boxing with the Rocky movies & has been a big supporter of boxing.
gravytrain
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Dec 8 2010, 04:53 PM) *

LOL if they'd a Wall of Shame in the Hall of Fame he'd be a guaranteed first ballot.

I don't mind it since people can get in for fighting, training, or "media". If it's only for fighters and they made him an honorary member I'd be pissed though.
Run and Gun Game Calls
No problem with sly getting in. He was inducted as an ambassador of the sport, not as a fighter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.