Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LAS VEGAS POLICE PRESS MISDEMEANOR ASSAULT CHARGES VS. FLOYD
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Run and Gun Game Calls

According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the Las Vegas police have decided to press charges against Floyd Mayweather for poking and threatening a security guard in a parking dispute. While Floyd is only being charged with a misdemeanor, there could be serious consequences for the troubled superstar, because he is out on bail for a prior felony domestic violence charge. A hearing is scheduled for tomorrow on the misdemeanor. The Las Vegas police is still deciding whether to prosecute Mayweather on a third incident in which Mayweather allegedly drove his former employee off the road. The next court date for the domestic violence case is January 24th, which means it is unlikely any network would buy a Mayweather fight any earlier than a May fight date. --Scott Shaffer
STEVENSKI
Clearly Floyd is a habitual criminal & should be treated as such. Why can't they have a 3 strikes rule in Nevada?
gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 7 2010, 11:44 PM) *
Clearly Floyd is a habitual criminal & should be treated as such. Why can't they have a 3 strikes rule in Nevada?

They do, it's to be 3 separate felony convictions though.
thehype
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!

Floyd Mayweather has legal problems.

laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 8 2010, 03:54 PM) *
They do, it's to be 3 separate felony convictions though.

OK Cool. Lights a splif & waits.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 8 2010, 12:13 AM) *
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif

LLS......
D-MARV
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 8 2010, 12:13 AM) *
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif

LOL... This guy never quits!

Anyways, IF Floyd is guilty of beating on his baby mama then some legal action should be taken. I doubt the other two offenses are really a big deal. It sounds like some rent-a-cop was giving Floyd some shit about how Floyd parked his car in front of his own house and Floyd basically told him to "Fuck Off"! The third offense sounds like a case of "kicking a man when he's down". I hope Floyd is not stupid enough to run some dude off the road while going through some legal matters. Especially a guy that already accused you of trying to have him killed.
Spyder
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 8 2010, 10:15 AM) *

Anyways, IF Floyd is guilty of beating on his baby mama then some legal action should be taken. I doubt the other two offenses are really a big deal. It sounds like some rent-a-cop was giving Floyd some shit about how Floyd parked his car in front of his own house and Floyd basically told him to "Fuck Off"! The third offense sounds like a case of "kicking a man when he's down". I hope Floyd is not stupid enough to run some dude off the road while going through some legal matters. Especially a guy that already accused you of trying to have him killed.

When you think that the world revolves around you, then you can pretty much do whatever you want.

Randomly poke dudes in the chest, drive people off the road, beat on your baby mama...all in a days work of being King of the World.
gravytrain

I don't think the guy saying Mayweather tried to run him off of the road is going to get anywhere, the security guard issue is only a problem because Mayweather did it while on bail but that's not a really serious offense. I think his biggest problem is with his ex and he's not going to get the maximum sentence. To be honest I see him postponing his sentencing anyway so it could be August before this cat even has his real trial.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 8 2010, 02:34 PM) *
I don't think the guy saying Mayweather tried to run him off of the road is going to get anywhere, the security guard issue is only a problem because Mayweather did it while on bail but that's not a really serious offense. I think his biggest problem is with his ex and he's not going to get the maximum sentence. To be honest I see him postponing his sentencing anyway so it could be August before this cat even has his real trial.

i seriously doubt itll be august... they will keep postponing and postponing... im sure he will pay the chik off like the last time... this is not their first go round...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 8 2010, 04:12 PM) *
i seriously doubt itll be august... they will keep postponing and postponing... im sure he will pay the chik off like the last time... this is not their first go round...

Either way I don't see it's bad as some people are thinking. And even if he does serve some time he'll be able to have another fight first. The real question is who his opponent would be.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 8 2010, 03:20 PM) *
Either way I don't see it's bad as some people are thinking. And even if he does serve some time he'll be able to have another fight first. The real question is who his opponent would be.

i seriously doubt he does time... man if i can pay to keep my ass out of jail he certainly can and i was up against more serious charges and imma jo blow compared to the kinda bank mayweather has... he will get slapped on the hand but i will say this... any time away and his career at the level its on is finished... at his age a year will hurt him... being behind those bars seem to take something away from a man... itll be interesting to see how kirkland looks after his time away...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 8 2010, 06:37 PM) *
i seriously doubt he does time... man if i can pay to keep my ass out of jail he certainly can and i was up against more serious charges and imma jo blow compared to the kinda bank mayweather has... he will get slapped on the hand but i will say this... any time away and his career at the level its on is finished... at his age a year will hurt him... being behind those bars seem to take something away from a man... itll be interesting to see how kirkland looks after his time away...

lol that's what i was saying in a different thread. Mayweather has money to burn and can afford to hire a team of lawyers and he's a famous figure that can be used to reach out to the community. I see him avoiding jail but getting a long probation and lots of community service. Probation wouldn't even matter to him since he'll only fight in Vegas anyway. I don't think people realize that this isn't some dude off of the street hiring a public defender, this is a millionaire athlete. There's a chance he could go to prison or get a sentence but there's a better chance he wont.

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 8 2010, 03:37 PM) *

Was that in Vegas, JLUV?

The result of all of this will be the end of the testing issue, IMO.
Run and Gun Game Calls
until something is settled he cant fight though, because a network isnt going to invest in a fight that may not happen. On january 24th if he gets everything postponed he might be able to fight.

As far as having money, from what I have read they want to make an example of floyd, so it may go to trial.

King Eugene

I swear I've thought the same thing at all the latest Floyd threads.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Dec 8 2010, 11:38 PM) *
until something is settled he cant fight though, because a network isnt going to invest in a fight that may not happen. On january 24th if he gets everything postponed he might be able to fight.

As far as having money, from what I have read they want to make an example of floyd, so it may go to trial.

If he wasn't going to even look for an opponent until January I guess that doesn't change much for Mayweather.

The question isn't whether or not he goes to trial, it's what he gets sentenced to. And when they postpone at his hearing, which they will, he'll probably have another 6+ months before that sentencing if he keeps his nose clean and doesn't do anything real bad.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 8 2010, 09:15 PM) *
Was that in Vegas, JLUV?

The result of all of this will be the end of the testing issue, IMO.

lol.. naw smarty that was in beaumont texas.... lol...
Method
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 8 2010, 04:12 PM) *

You can NOT payoff the "battered" in domestic violence charges. Its the STATE that brings chargers against Floyd, NOT the bitch.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Method @ Dec 10 2010, 06:16 PM) *
You can NOT payoff the "battered" in domestic violence charges. Its the STATE that brings chargers against Floyd, NOT the bitch.

i was thinking bout that... we have the same laws here in texas... once filed the state takes over... she cant go back and drop them... there has to be an investigation, then the investigation sends its evidence to the grand jury and they decide rather to persue or drop the charges... now possibly what can happen, if it goes to trial, as i want to say happened the last time, im not sure, but im almost positive she testified in floyds behalf and got him off the hook... again i could be dead wrong its been a while ago if this is even the same chick (im pretty sure it is)... they first had this problem during the time floyd fought corrales... i remember floyd talking shit on corrales about being a woman beater then next thing you know floyds in the headlines for the same situation... oh well we will have to wait and see how this pans out for floyd...
gravytrain
I remember seeing on ESPN that the DA wants to make an example out of Mayweather but the judge isn't really having it. personally I see this for Mayweather: long probation, lots of community service, counseling, and having to work with some programs that are against violence.

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 10 2010, 09:26 PM) *
I remember seeing on ESPN that the DA wants to make an example out of Mayweather but the judge isn't really having it. personally I see this for Mayweather: long probation, lots of community service, counseling, and having to work with some programs that are against violence.

. . . and having to fight The Little Green Monster sans the blood tests.
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 11 2010, 12:52 AM) *
. . . and having to fight The Little Green Monster sans the blood tests.

I don't know about that, I think it'll depend on his stance on the testing. If he gives them a cutoff I see them fighting, if not Pac will probably tell him fuck off.
The Original MrFactor
What happened with Roger Mayweather's situation? Wasnt he supposed to go to trial for beating on some woman as well?? I cant help but wonder that if Floyd Jr's uncle/trainer is in legal trouble, it will effect Floyd's next fight.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 10 2010, 10:08 PM) *
I don't know about that, I think it'll depend on his stance on the testing. If he gives them a cutoff I see them fighting, if not Pac will probably tell him fuck off.

The testing issue may evaporate.
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 11 2010, 01:30 AM) *
The testing issue may evaporate.

I really fucking hope that fool gives him the cutoff. Pac isn't going to fight without one and 14 days isn't really gonna make a difference.

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Dec 11 2010, 01:16 AM) *
What happened with Roger Mayweather's situation? Wasnt he supposed to go to trial for beating on some woman as well?? I cant help but wonder that if Floyd Jr's uncle/trainer is in legal trouble, it will effect Floyd's next fight.

Probably had his trial postponed. I think so anyway.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 10 2010, 11:39 PM) *
I really fucking hope that fool gives him the cutoff. Pac isn't going to fight without one and 14 days isn't really gonna make a difference.

"Breaking news; PBF v Pac has just been signed with no testing clause. This just in; Judge MGM has dropped all charges against PBF." rap.gif
JLUVBABY
beardo i doubt this situation hits his pockets hard enough to entice him to back off of his stance on the test.... i know its easy to just say drop the test.... but you have to look at it from the eyes of may and his team.. they've already conceded to everything pac wanted during the original negotiations... give in here and he's gave in like a regular opponent... thats what he had to do when he fought dela hoya... he had to let hoya dictate.... that really bothered him and im almost positive thats a big reason why he came up with this roid check stance and why he is not backing off of it... that and im sure its not a fight arum really wants to make, least not right now... i was amazed to see the kind of money thats being made off these pac ppvs... id wait to make the fight too... just what i figure may be going on...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 11 2010, 06:10 AM) *
beardo i doubt this situation hits his pockets hard enough to entice him to back off of his stance on the test.... i know its easy to just say drop the test.... but you have to look at it from the eyes of may and his team.. they've already conceded to everything pac wanted during the original negotiations... give in here and he's gave in like a regular opponent... thats what he had to do when he fought dela hoya... he had to let hoya dictate.... that really bothered him and im almost positive thats a big reason why he came up with this roid check stance and why he is not backing off of it... that and im sure its not a fight arum really wants to make, least not right now... i was amazed to see the kind of money thats being made off these pac ppvs... id wait to make the fight too... just what i figure may be going on...

. . . and you may be right, JLUV, but The Golden Shithole sucks what it wants out of you, even if you are PBF.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 11 2010, 08:21 AM) *
. . . and you may be right, JLUV, but The Golden Shithole sucks what it wants out of you, even if you are PBF.

yazzir.... you are right about that one... lol...
Method
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 10 2010, 11:33 PM) *
i was thinking bout that... we have the same laws here in texas... once filed the state takes over... she cant go back and drop them... there has to be an investigation, then the investigation sends its evidence to the grand jury and they decide rather to persue or drop the charges... now possibly what can happen, if it goes to trial, as i want to say happened the last time, im not sure, but im almost positive she testified in floyds behalf and got him off the hook... again i could be dead wrong its been a while ago if this is even the same chick (im pretty sure it is)... they first had this problem during the time floyd fought corrales... i remember floyd talking shit on corrales about being a woman beater then next thing you know floyds in the headlines for the same situation... oh well we will have to wait and see how this pans out for floyd...

Actually, JLUV, it goes BEYOND that. She (or ANY battered person) doesnt have to file ANYTHING. The STATE files charges. Its never a matter of the victim filing or not. Once the state determines any sort of assault (well, to be SURE, I am talking about DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, so technically, this may not apply), but at least where domestic violence is concerned, the spouse has no say in filing or not. The state brings up those charges. The spouse can testify or not, or can paint a pretty picture if they wantto protect their other half, but the state brings those charges. So maybe there's a difference since PBF isn't living w this woman (so scratch the "domestic" portion).
Method
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 11 2010, 02:39 AM) *

Probably had his trial postponed. I think so anyway.

Did any of you catch the interview w Dr. Conti where he said the cutoff ould have NO bearing on an athlete's ability to cheat? That an athlete could dope his blood right up to fight time, random testing w no cut-off or not?

The interview is out there. I think I read it over on Max's boards or B-Scene or somewhere about a week or so ago.
Spyder
QUOTE (Method @ Dec 11 2010, 10:24 AM) *
Did any of you catch the interview w Dr. Conti where he said the cutoff ould have NO bearing on an athlete's ability to cheat? That an athlete could dope his blood right up to fight time, random testing w no cut-off or not?

The interview is out there. I think I read it over on Max's boards or B-Scene or somewhere about a week or so ago.

I think that's because his shit was undetectable.
Method
He's not even specifically talking about "his shit". He's talking blood doping in general.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Method @ Dec 11 2010, 10:24 AM) *

If they use an EPO it's illegal.. But if they train at high altitude or use a hyperbaric chamber it's legal lol. same things, just different ways of getting it.

The cutoff can keep someone from using some things but not everything. if i remember correctly blood tests can catch prolonged use of some PEDs so i'll be literally laughing my ass off if Pac got caught on something.

QUOTE (Method @ Dec 11 2010, 10:21 AM) *
Actually, JLUV, it goes BEYOND that. She (or ANY battered person) doesnt have to file ANYTHING. The STATE files charges. Its never a matter of the victim filing or not. Once the state determines any sort of assault (well, to be SURE, I am talking about DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, so technically, this may not apply), but at least where domestic violence is concerned, the spouse has no say in filing or not. The state brings up those charges. The spouse can testify or not, or can paint a pretty picture if they wantto protect their other half, but the state brings those charges. So maybe there's a difference since PBF isn't living w this woman (so scratch the "domestic" portion).

it's domestic and it's the state. the judge is already sympathizing with Mayweather, I think Mayweather's lawyer asks for a trial with no jury and really grills the woman about everything then makes it sound like Mayweather is so sorry all the other bullshit. I don't doubt that this cat is getting off easy for someone with a history of getting in trouble.
JLUVBABY
the fight fan in me wants to say i hope he dont get into trouble regardless, but as a father to a daughter, if he is truly whippin on that woman well he deserves to get whats coming to him... at the end of the day no matter how you try to explain it a man has zero right whippin on a woman... if shes trying to fight you MIGHT be one thing cuzz i know some women that will get dead square in a mans ass and he better know how to fight... but he is a professional fighter... for his sake i hope there is really more to the story tho... if im not mistaken this is the second accusation and he needs to keep his hands off other people period... men or women... i know what i would do if she was my daughter.. if i had his type of money i damn sure wouldnt be hanging out at a skating rink... id pay off my babies mother and enjoy being a rich young batchlor champion fighter.... chill at the house and limit my friends... fuck the clubs etc... but too each his own i suppose... if he has downfall we are watching whats gonna be the cause... he could have the world in his hands if he was smart about his life and choices he's making...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.