Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mundine KO'd
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
At the Acer Arena in Olympic Park, New South Wales, Australia, middleweight contender Garth Wood (10-1-1, 6KOs) scored a huge upset when he knocked out two-time world champion Anthony Mundine (40-4, 24KOs) in the fifth round of their fight on Wednesday night. Wood floored Mundine with a vicious left hook to end a scrappy affair 58 seconds into the fifth round. The knockout loss is Mundine's first since his knockout loss to German Sven Ottke in 2001, and his first to an Australian opponent in more than 20 fights against compatriots.

thehype
Kinda looks like Roy Jones when he got knocked out by Tarver.
Hittman25
damm and i heard he was talking shit about wanting to come to america and fight the big names haha too bad its pretty sad when some one who wants to break through loses like this
lloyd mayflower

For anyone who hasnt seen it and is interested.
Fitz
That is fucking excellent news. Eat a dick Mundine, you stupid fucking faggot.

AussieLad
I haven't watched a mundine fight in years. Its a shame that he gets the majority of the news coverage in Australia, despite being a fucking joke. Stumbled out of bed this morning, switched on the PC, and up pops the picture of him flat out on his ass... GOOD MORNING...

Suck a bag of shit mundine, you fight dodging loud mouth
Hittman25
Fuck mundine then
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 9 2010, 06:56 AM) *
That is fucking excellent news. Eat a dick Mundine, you stupid fucking faggot.

I find myself in constant disagreement with Fitz these days regarding boxing (or is it just Pac?) but could not agree nmore with Fitz.
D-MARV
I don't think there's any fighter out there that is more hated by his own country then Mundine... He does come across as sort of a douchebag. I really lost all respect for him when he called out Cotto.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 9 2010, 09:17 AM) *
I don't think there's any fighter out there that is more hated by his own country then Mundine... He does come across as sort of a douchebag. I really lost all respect for him when he called out Cotto.

Really? Not that I ever respected him as a footballer or boxer but he really crossed the line when he said America deserved 9/11.

BTW did anyone notice a fat Jeff Fenech in the white shirt holding a waterbottle.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 8 2010, 05:28 PM) *
Really? Not that I ever respected him as a footballer or boxer but he really crossed the line when he said America deserved 9/11.

BTW did anyone notice a fat Jeff Fenech in the white shirt holding a waterbottle.

I never knew he made those remarks. Yup, he's a bitch! America is far from perfect... but Nobody deserves to lose their life.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 9 2010, 09:36 AM) *
I never knew he made those remarks. Yup, he's a bitch! America is far from perfect... but Nobody deserves to lose their life.

Yeah he said it just after 9/11. I bag the shit out of Amerikkka & there is a lot wrong with America but he crossed the line saying that & what is worse he tried to retract it which shows a even bigger lack of character. You gonna say something don't retract it or claim you were misquoted be a fucking man & if you really believe that then stand by what you said.
BrutalBodyShots
LOL I thought you were a Mundine fan Fitz? Or maybe that was just a few years ago?

Fitz
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 9 2010, 10:44 AM) *
LOL I thought you were a Mundine fan Fitz? Or maybe that was just a few years ago?

I was. I thought he had potential and skills back when was at 168, and he showed promise. He had decent wins against Soliman and Green. Ever since then, he went backwards. He moved down in weight because he didn't want to fight Kessler as a mandatory in a rematch. Basically fought bums the whole time in Australia, but had the audacity to mention names like Cotto, Pavlik, Pacquiao and Mayweather at times. Based on what he had done, he shouldn't even mention those names and it's even more pathetic he mentioned those names knowing he was a super middle and if anything, moved up and not down.
A string is only so long, and I honestly stopped watching any of his fights since the second Soliman fight. Even me, I basically watch anything and download fights. I literally didn't even watch his fights anymore, not even download them and watch them later. He literally became irrelevant for me, I didn't even care for his results. Until I saw this in the morning. I will probably be downloading the fight and adding it to my library now, lol.
Lil-lightsout
So funny how he was just mentioning having a fight with Pac before his fight, he must know something about Manny, cause he did the best thing to secure a fight with Pac now! laugh.gif
BrutalBodyShots
Haha.

Yeah that's strange his move from 168 to 160 to 154. Can't think of many fighters to move in that direction over their careers.

AussieLad
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 8 2010, 11:28 PM) *

I saw him. He is a real fat ass these days
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 8 2010, 08:48 PM) *
Yeah he said it just after 9/11. I bag the shit out of Amerikkka & there is a lot wrong with America but he crossed the line saying that & what is worse he tried to retract it which shows a even bigger lack of character. You gonna say something don't retract it or claim you were misquoted be a fucking man & if you really believe that then stand by what you said.

alot wrong with every nation, not just America, none is perfect
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Dec 9 2010, 06:58 PM) *
alot wrong with every nation, not just America, none is perfect

Of course. No place is perfect & some are a lot better than others.
AussieLad
No wonder fenech was happy with the win... $150,000 win

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/box...r-1225968553059
Jack 1000
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 8 2010, 04:48 PM) *

Yea, I remember that,

The WBC removed him from the ratings for that. People said this move was a violation of Freedom of Speech. BUT there's also issues of respect, morals, and ethics. Mundine was an idiot for saying that shit about 9/11.

Jack
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 10 2010, 07:51 AM) *
Yea, I remember that,

The WBC removed him from the ratings for that. People said this move was a violation of Freedom of Speech. BUT there's also issues of respect, morals, and ethics. Mundine was an idiot for saying that shit about 9/11.

Jack

The WBC was wrong to remove him from their rankings for saying that. I actually think that is just as bad as what Mundine said. Boxing rankings should never be decided on someones personal opinion. The fact is that Mundine should have never been ranked by them anyway at that time.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 9 2010, 03:21 PM) *
The WBC was wrong to remove him from their rankings for saying that. I actually think that is just as bad as what Mundine said. Boxing rankings should never be decided on someones personal opinion. The fact is that Mundine should have never been ranked by them anyway at that time.

as fucked up as it was what he said i agree stev... what a fighter feels or thinks shouldnt dictate how a governing body thinks...
STEVENSKI
Also not sure if it was mentioned but Garth Woods won the Australian contender show. That shows what type of legends Mundine loses to.
D-MARV
I say put Mundine in with Pacquiao at 149. That would really show him.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 8 2010, 02:48 PM) *

Maybe he didn't "really believe that," or maybe he changed his mind.

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 9 2010, 01:21 PM) *

100% agree.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.