Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Klitschko injured, fight off
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutalBodyShots
The fight this weekend is off because Wlad tore an ab I guess. That's a new one; I'm not sure I've heard of that happening before and am not even sure how one would do that.

Kind of a letdown... I know absolutely nothing about the guy he's fighting but always like to root for unknowns with undefeated records when they step in the ring with a guy with incredible physical advantages over them.

gravytrain
I think it's all a lie, Chisora has Wlad running off with his tail between his legs.
Lil-lightsout
I read it a bit ago and am also highly disappointed. Man I was liking Chisora's confidence, something sounds a little fishy to me. Guess we will have to wait and see till more news comes out later.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 8 2010, 04:50 PM) *
The fight this weekend is off because Wlad tore an ab I guess. That's a new one; I'm not sure I've heard of that happening before and am not even sure how one would do that.

Kind of a letdown... I know absolutely nothing about the guy he's fighting but always like to root for unknowns with undefeated records when they step in the ring with a guy with incredible physical advantages over them.

All I can tell you is that you don't want none of a torn abdominal.
Method
CLIT was fighting this weekend?
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 8 2010, 09:36 PM) *
All I can tell you is that you don't want none of a torn abdominal.

I wouldn't want none of a torn anything. How does one tear an ab tho? I'm just trying to picture it happening.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 8 2010, 06:46 PM) *
I wouldn't want none of a torn anything. How does one tear an ab tho? I'm just trying to picture it happening.

Gettin old, not stretching properly, and making the wrong violent movement.
gravytrain
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 8 2010, 09:46 PM) *

He probably put too much motion in Hayden's ocean.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 8 2010, 09:58 PM) *
He probably put too much motion in Hayden's ocean.

That is totally acceptable then, got to have his priorities straight.
Run and Gun Game Calls
funny how chisora didnt belong in the ring with klit, now klit is avoiding him, lol
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 8 2010, 07:50 PM) *

I've seen Chisora fight. He reminds me in size and stature of JC Gomez. I'll say this, he would have gone down swinging. He will at least try, the whole time he's in there. Wlad is just too big though. Barring a lucky punch, Chisora would have ended up just like all the others of late.

Chisora would be a dangerous opponent for David Haye. Those two would make an interesting fight. Definitely would have been better than Haye/Harrison.
AussieLad
I highly doubt wlad is ducking anyone.
King Eugene
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Dec 9 2010, 02:15 AM) *
I highly doubt wlad is ducking anyone.

EXACTLY!!!

Besides...he's too big! laugh.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if he and Haye worked something out for early next year and he pulled out of this fight just to not take any chances.

Wishful thinking I know.
Snoop
I think people are joking about Klitschko ducking anyone...right?
King Eugene
@danrafaelespn On phone with Bernd Boente, Wladimir Klitschko's manager. The fight Saturday is off. Wladimir tore his abdominal muscle today working mitts. about 12 hours ago
SmartyBeardo
This kind of injury, at his age, could signal his descent.
JD
This fight garnered no interest - I tend to think it is a BS injury and they view the time for Haye as right.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JD @ Dec 9 2010, 08:14 AM) *
This fight garnered no interest - I tend to think it is a BS injury and they view the time for Haye as right.

I'm willing to take it at face value until proven it is a mask.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (JD @ Dec 9 2010, 04:14 PM) *

But did it garner no interest in Germany? I think we all know that the Klits no longer garner interest in America, but equally I dont think they give a fuck when you look at their gates. I'd be interested to see the ticket sales.

Plus this fight was part of a Frank Warren PPV package on SKY over here. Now there are other big fights on this card which would require appropriate payment eg Khan v Maidana, but I reckon this card should sell fairly well so I reckon there was a fair bit of scratch on the table for this one.
D-MARV
Great move by Team Klitschko!

Let's go Haye... time to step up!
Spyder
You gotta respect his hussle...

lloyd mayflower
Oh I respect the shit out the man!

Must stick in your throats tho over there? Big Commy thouroughbred bastard coming over there taking your belts and your bitches! The most gauling thing about it is that she will be rendered useless once hes finished drilling her. Would be like fucking a clowns pocket.
BGv2.0
MAN.....Klit fights are when I get my best sleep! I was really looking forward to this. I'm at my most well rested when they fight. I don't even watch the fights....they just resonate this soothing vibe that makes people fall asleep no matter where they are in the world.

During Vitali's last fight, I was actually raking leaves at my house at about 2pm on a Sat.....about and hour or so later I awoke on my lawn in the pile of leaves I had raked up....it appears I had just fallen into it into a deep sleep as soon as the bell had rung in Germany.

I've been working really hard here of late and could have used the sleep.

Seriously though...not that I thought this little pigmey warrior dude was a real threat to Wlad....but this is the pussy crap Americans HATE about these assholes! I do get the whole idea that if you are not 100% you should not fight...BUT...how many other legendary fighters actually followed that reasoning? It might be the smart thing...but it's not the balls thing to do. That's a huge part of the Klits problem they are too smart for their own good....they choose the smart safe path in every facet of the game...it might keep you around for years...but it bores the hell out of people.

AND...even with a torn ab...Wlad should have been able to beat this guy to a pulp. Stick him with some numbing agent, get in the ring and KO this guy...and then move on to the next non-challenge.
JD
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Dec 9 2010, 11:47 AM) *
But did it garner no interest in Germany? I think we all know that the Klits no longer garner interest in America, but equally I dont think they give a fuck when you look at their gates. I'd be interested to see the ticket sales.

Plus this fight was part of a Frank Warren PPV package on SKY over here. Now there are other big fights on this card which would require appropriate payment eg Khan v Maidana, but I reckon this card should sell fairly well so I reckon there was a fair bit of scratch on the table for this one.

Perhaps they were worried about the PPV performance up against Khan.

I had not read that ticket sales were terrible or very good...so I am not sure, but I do know that the immediate reaction to the postponement was to get Team Haye on the phone.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (JD @ Dec 9 2010, 05:17 PM) *
Perhaps they were worried about the PPV performance up against Khan.

I had not read that ticket sales were terrible or very good...so I am not sure, but I do know that the immediate reaction to the postponement was to get Team Haye on the phone.

No no they are on the same PPV so whatever money made by said PPV I assume will be split up however Frank Warren agreed. Khan fighting on the same PPV is only going to generate more buys.

I am inclined to lean towrds your reasoning tho JD, It does all sound a tad fishy.

I feel a bit sorry for Chisora. I hope he gets his shot at whoever wins if Haye and Wlad fight. He'll just have to make sure he keeps winning at domestic level.
Spyder
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Dec 9 2010, 12:09 PM) *
Oh I respect the shit out the man!

Must stick in your throats tho over there? Big Commy thouroughbred bastard coming over there taking your belts and your bitches! The most gauling thing about it is that she will be rendered useless once hes finished drilling her. Would be like fucking a clowns pocket.

Now that you mention it, I'm kind of proud that the Heavyweight Champ can still pull some tail...and I'm less bothered since he moved to LA, and is basically americanizing himself (much like Arnold Schwarzenegger did).

But your points are very valid. The Thoroughbred will ruin her...like throwing a football down an empty hallway.
JD
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Dec 9 2010, 12:27 PM) *
No no they are on the same PPV so whatever money made by said PPV I assume will be split up however Frank Warren agreed. Khan fighting on the same PPV is only going to generate more buys.

I am inclined to lean towrds your reasoning tho JD, It does all sound a tad fishy.

I feel a bit sorry for Chisora. I hope he gets his shot at whoever wins if Haye and Wlad fight. He'll just have to make sure he keeps winning at domestic level.

How were the doing it on the same PPV? Was the Klitschko fight going to be delayed?
gravytrain
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 9 2010, 03:57 AM) *
I think people are joking about Klitschko ducking anyone...right?

I really hope so. It's one thing to be a Klit hater but thinking he's scared of Chisora is just ridiculous.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (JD @ Dec 9 2010, 06:21 PM) *
How were the doing it on the same PPV? Was the Klitschko fight going to be delayed?

Na the Khan fight (or any fight in Vegas) will be on roundabout 04:00 over here so no need to delay anything. Theres a couple of shows on in the UK including the likes of Cleverly and DeGale, then they were going to Germany for Klit v Chisora then Vegas for Khan v Maidana
JD
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Dec 10 2010, 12:57 AM) *
Na the Khan fight (or any fight in Vegas) will be on roundabout 04:00 over here so no need to delay anything. Theres a couple of shows on in the UK including the likes of Cleverly and DeGale, then they were going to Germany for Klit v Chisora then Vegas for Khan v Maidana

How long was that PPV going to be?

The HBO broadcast starts at 930 my time...and the Klitshko fight was at 430 my time.

That's a 7 hour PPV...that is insanity.
Spyder
You guys are burying my discussion of Wlad railing Hayden Panettiere with talk of PPV length and timeline!
lloyd mayflower
JD, not sure about the length of the program it may well be 2 separate ones, all I know is you were getting both fights plus the show from Manchester (Cleverly Degale et al) for parting with your 14.95.

Spyder, iv tried to address your topic too and am happy to continue doing so, apologies for burying this important business. I couldnt just move on whilst still conversing with J.D. I am more than happy to discuss the finer points of the sex life of Hayden "Cocked more times than Elmer Fudds shotgun" Panettiere with you!
JD
So they do two separate shows that you get for one price?

That is outstanding. That's something like 7 hours of boxing.

As for Hayden...that is a small girl, Wlad is undoubtedly damaging her.
lloyd mayflower
As far as I can see this is what you get for your cash, obviously Klit v Chisora was supposed to be included on there too. Had that fight went ahead it would be fantastic value. As it is its still pretty good. Not sure if they will also show some stuff from Khan Maidana undercard. The other listed fights are all on Frank Warrens show in Manchester.

British super-middleweight title
Paul Smith v James DeGale

WBO interim light-heavyweight title
Nathan Cleverly v Nadjib Mohammedi

European middleweight title
Matthew Macklin v Ruben Varon

WBO Inter-continental welterweight title
Kell Brook v Philip Kotey

Commonwealth light-heavyweight title
Tony Bellew v Ovill McKenzie

WBA light-welterweight title
Amir Khan v Marcos Maidana
Fitz
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 10 2010, 04:01 AM) *
You gotta respect his hussle...

What a phenomenal couple. I agree with JD. That thoroughbred is tearing her up.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 10 2010, 05:33 PM) *
What a phenomenal couple. I agree with JD. That thoroughbred is tearing her up.

Yeah right. The way this dude has shown his nerves under pressure in a ring, he probably is lucky if he lasts 2 minutes with her. It probably goes down like that scene in "American Pie" with Jason Biggs and Shannon Elizabeth. laugh.gif
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 11 2010, 02:21 AM) *
Yeah right. The way this dude has shown his nerves under pressure in a ring, he probably is lucky if he lasts 2 minutes with her. It probably goes down like that scene in "American Pie" with Jason Biggs and Shannon Elizabeth. laugh.gif

2 minutes with her is better than none, lol
gravytrain
the girl might just touch his pants and set him off. lol
SmartyBeardo
I'd rate her cute, not hot.
SmartyBeardo
Sentral is hot.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Dec 11 2010, 12:07 AM) *

No doubt. I'm just hating, lol.
SmartyBeardo
Don't get me wrong, if she showed up at my door and said "I've got a thing for nasty, old bald white versions of The Burger King" I'd let her play with my hobo stick.
Spyder
Now we're getting back to the most important thing that Wlad can offer the world! Come, fuck our women, and give us an American Heavyweight Champion! clapping.gif
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Dec 11 2010, 05:07 AM) *

Yep, then you only have to deal with 1 minute and thirty seconds of post-sex awkwardness!

I'd rate her cute, not hot.

I disagree, I think shes got that look in her eye, the one previously attributed to Miley Cyrus, you know, the "im a dirty little bitch" look. Its a good look.

Now we're getting back to the most important thing that Wlad can offer the world! Come, fuck our women, and give us an American Heavyweight Champion!

Straw clutching like a scarecrow tryin to masturbate!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.