Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Victor Ortiz vs Lamont Peterson
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Original MrFactor
I just found out that Ortiz is favored. I'm a bit shocked. I think Peterson is gonna whip his ass. I think Ortiz picked a very live opponent. Bradley beat Peterson, but Ortiz aint Bradley. Peterson will come to fight and will have answers for Ortiz who wilts under pressure...
Snoop
I didn't know Peterson started competing in MMA.
BigG
Tito Ortiz goes for the single leg takedown, Peterson sidesteps, counters...and Tito's stand up skills fails him again and gets ktfo
King Eugene
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 9 2010, 02:36 AM) *
I didn't know Peterson started competing in MMA.

LMAO...I'm sure he meant Victor

I think Tito stops him in one!
Snoop
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 9 2010, 07:41 AM) *
Tito Ortiz goes for the single leg takedown, Peterson sidesteps, counters...and Tito's stand up skills fails him again and gets ktfo

Boxing > MMA!

LMAO...I'm sure he meant Victor

I think Tito stops him in one!

I know. I was just fucking around.
D-MARV
Is this a boxing match?
Fitz
What the hell is going on?

Snoop
I pretty sure the OP meant Victor Ortiz and wrote "Tito" by accident.
BoxingStill#1
lls.......

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Dec 8 2010, 11:31 PM) *
I just found out that Ortiz is favored. I'm a bit shocked. I think Peterson is gonna whip his ass. I think Ortiz picked a very live opponent. Bradley beat Peterson, but Ortiz aint Bradley. Peterson will come to fight and will have answers for Ortiz who wilts under pressure...

I agree.

Victor has some proving to do.
The Original MrFactor
LOL!!! I did mean Victor... Silly me... Insert Victor, remove Tito.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I've never been that high on Peterson. He's a fast fighter who utilizes solid movement, but he has no power. This is a pretty safe fight for Ortiz really. Ortiz wilts under pressure and strong punchers. Peterson will do nothing like that, and Ortiz is better than everybody he's fought besides Bradley. Honestly, Ortiz may even be on the level of Bradley right now (lets give it a couple fights). Peterson will try to utilize solid movement, but Ortiz will be able to cut that ring off. He won't just follow Peterson around, like most of his opponents have. He won't have the power to keep Ortiz honest, and eventually will wear down. I like Ortiz to stop him in the 6th round with a solid body attack.
King Eugene
I was never high on either of the Peterson brothers. I expect Ortiz to get a late stoppage here myself.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Dec 9 2010, 09:41 PM) *
I've never been that high on Peterson. He's a fast fighter who utilizes solid movement, but he has no power. This is a pretty safe fight for Ortiz really. Ortiz wilts under pressure and strong punchers. Peterson will do nothing like that, and Ortiz is better than everybody he's fought besides Bradley. Honestly, Ortiz may even be on the level of Bradley right now (lets give it a couple fights). Peterson will try to utilize solid movement, but Ortiz will be able to cut that ring off. He won't just follow Peterson around, like most of his opponents have. He won't have the power to keep Ortiz honest, and eventually will wear down. I like Ortiz to stop him in the 6th round with a solid body attack.

Makes sense but so did Ortiz beating Maidana.

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 9 2010, 09:52 PM) *
I was never high on either of the Peterson brothers. I expect Ortiz to get a late stoppage here myself.

Ortiz has got to prove it to me.

I'm taking Peterson on principle.
kidbazooka1
Peterson is good better than his brother IMO but Ortiz looks hungry and i think he knows this is probably his biggest test since the Maidana fight.

Ortiz by UD or late rd stoppage.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 9 2010, 11:07 PM) *
Peterson is good better than his brother IMO but Ortiz looks hungry and i think he knows this is probably his biggest test since the Maidana fight.

Wouldn't hurt my precious feelings.

I actually like Ortiz. He has gifts and skill. He also wears sleeves of feelings. His fighting heart is the ? tattooed on his forehead.
Fitz
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 10 2010, 06:07 PM) *

Ortiz has so much further to go, looking hungry doesn't convince me yet after seeing him bitch out hard against Maidana. He probably will win this, but I almost need to see him dig deep in a fucking war to gain something back.
I can't shake that scenario off after watching the Maidana fight, especially being so young. You expect old veterans to quit like that, people like Morales like he did with Pacquiao, but not someone that is young and supposed to be their hungriest.
Ortiz has skills, I just cannot take him seriously still.
JLUVBABY
of the 4 jr welters last night im most impressed with maidana... yeah hes crude as hell but of those 4 i think he CAN be the best out of the bunch.. i think when we see him again we'll see a different maidana... a better one... he can only grow from a fighter off this loss... you could tell at the end of the fight HE felt he won... thats all that matters, and strangely, it seemed like merchant thought he won after the fight... in my opinion he sounded that way.... i thought the right guy won but was exposed... maidana would serve himself very well by not say changing trainers but coming to the us and tweeking his game... maybe its just me but i like his base... he just needs some fine tuning and some cardio to bring that punch to the final bell and i think he'll be even more dangerous...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 12 2010, 07:29 AM) *
of the 4 jr welters last night im most impressed with maidana... yeah hes crude as hell but of those 4 i think he CAN be the best out of the bunch.. i think when we see him again we'll see a different maidana... a better one... he can only grow from a fighter off this loss... you could tell at the end of the fight HE felt he won... thats all that matters, and strangely, it seemed like merchant thought he won after the fight... in my opinion he sounded that way.... i thought the right guy won but was exposed... maidana would serve himself very well by not say changing trainers but coming to the us and tweeking his game... maybe its just me but i like his base... he just needs some fine tuning and some cardio to bring that punch to the final bell and i think he'll be even more dangerous...

I agree.

Maidana's boxing skills came to the fore last night. His defense was actually remarkable. He adjusted. That is the mark of a fighter with upside. He also showed great body work, a good jab, a developing uppercut.

This was another example of a difference in championship eras. Maidana more than likely wins if this fight was 15 rounds. What I loved at the end of the fight was the way he (again) said that he will fight anyone.

Marcos The garbage Man Maidana is a big reason boxing is still far more entertaining than MMA.
kingknockout
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Dec 10 2010, 01:41 AM) *

laugh.gif funny you say this before their fight, ortiz came in 9 pounds heavier and there was times lamont (the smaller man) had ortiz circling around the ring on the defensive...there was even a time lamont threw a straight right to hurt ortiz ( the bigger man).

Roy Jones said it best last night: "a power puncher (ortiz) will try to find openings before he throw his punches; but a boxer will throw punches to set up future shots (lamont)"

Ortiz went in a couple of rounds throwing very less...because he kept trying to find openings and go for the knockout, I don't think he had respect for Lamont....good thing lamont kept his cool after the knockdown and proceeded to follow his trainer's game plan, if the knockdown wouldn't have occurred, it's possible that Lamont would have boxed his way to a decision.

only thing about lamont is, he's not a real speedy fighter, but he can box well, someone with a little skill like him and the right speed will give him problems.
kingknockout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 12 2010, 12:11 PM) *
I think Ortiz deserved the decision but Peterson fought well.

Judah v Peterson and Matthysse v Ortiz would be worthwhile.

and that's exactly where I see it going...unless somehow judah get's a fight with Ortiz and Peterson with Matthysse....

somehow I think judah would tank in a Ortiz fight..........even with the experience.....but I'm really interested to see what two boxer's can do with judah and peterson, because even though Judah has some age on him he's quicker than peterson by far, but if peterson try to get him on the inside and hit Judah with some nice body shots or a good jab or two, I wonder what would happen...Judah's defense isn't the sharpest in the land.

Matthysse is just a wild man lol.
D-MARV
Judah might fight Khan in England.
TheFonz
Mathysse beats Ortiz.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.