Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ring Magazines top 10 p4p
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Run and Gun Game Calls
Anyone on the list you feel dont belong?

1. MANNY PACQUIAO
JUNIOR WELTERWEIGHT

2. FLOYD MAYWEATHER
WELTERWEIGHT

3. SERGIO MARTINEZ
MIDDLEWEIGHT

4. JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ
LIGHTWEIGHT

5. NONITO DONAIRE
JUNIOR BANTAMWEIGHT

6. PONGSAKLEK WONJONGKAM
FLYWEIGHT

7. FERNANDO MONTIEL
BANTAMWEIGHT

8. WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO
HEAVYWEIGHT

9. TIMOTHY BRADLEY
JUNIOR WELTERWEIGHT/WELTERWEIGHT

10. JUAN MANUEL LOPEZ
FEATHERWEIGHT
D-MARV
PONGSAKLEK WONJONGKAM has no business in the top 10. Both Froch and Ward deserve it over him.
Run and Gun Game Calls
Thats why I posted this Marv, I was thinking the same thing.
Method
5-10 don't belong. Never heard of em, let alone seen em in action. Wladdy...well...that 's all that needs to be said bout that. Also, Martinez is way too high.
Hittman25
QUOTE (Method @ Dec 9 2010, 11:54 AM) *
5-10 don't belong. Never heard of em, let alone seen em in action. Wladdy...well...that 's all that needs to be said bout that. Also, Martinez is way too high.

Are You serious?
Method
As a heart attack.

Well...heard of #5 and # 10...and Klit the Kunt...but none of em belong from 5-10.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 9 2010, 01:11 PM) *
PONGSAKLEK WONJONGKAM has no business in the top 10. Both Froch and Ward deserve it over him.

crazy thing is I was just looking at these rankings the other day...

I youtubed this guy cuz I wasnt familiar with him totally...

He has some noticable talent but I wouldnt put him at 6...

hellova record though?
Box in Hand
How the fuck is Martinez over Marquez? Cause he knocked a defense deficient Paul Williams out? Yeah it was nice and I was hoping for it but if Martinez didn't didn't someone was gonna. Mayweather is # 1 followed by Pac then Marquez.
Run and Gun Game Calls
Actually I think Wlad deserves his spot. The division sucks, but he dominates everyone put in front of him, his fights arnt even close anymore.
Snoop
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 9 2010, 07:11 PM) *

I've known about this guy for nearly half a decade but I've never actually seen him fight.
Mean Mister Mustard
Pongsalek deserves to be on the list based on longetivity and his win over Kameda.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Chris John has had a long career and gone unbeaten. I think he deserves a top 10 spot.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Dec 10 2010, 11:19 AM) *
Chris John has had a long career and gone unbeaten. I think he deserves a top 10 spot.

Yeah but he is Asian so he does not count................
kidbazooka1
Pongsaklek and the Klit don't belong on that list. I don't care what people say about WLad dominateing the division the fact is the division is at it's all time worst.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 10 2010, 02:11 AM) *
Pongsaklek and the Klit don't belong on that list. I don't care what people say about WLad dominateing the division the fact is the division is at it's all time worst.

Good point about Wlad. I mean he has been iced 3 times in his career by questionable contenders. Does not sound to me he is worthy either with his history.
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 10 2010, 09:07 AM) *
Good point about Wlad. I mean he has been iced 3 times in his career by questionable contenders. Does not sound to me he is worthy either with his history.

Pacquio was iced twice early in his career. Wlad is a much different fighter than he was then
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Dec 10 2010, 05:59 AM) *
Pacquio was iced twice early in his career. Wlad is a much different fighter than he was then

1 up....good point

Wlad definitely belongs on this list 5 - 10...
Fitz
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 10 2010, 09:07 PM) *

I think fighters should be judged on how they change and bounce back. I don't think it's fair to hold it against him forever. Many fighters have turned it around with early losses. Pacquiao, Lewis, Tszyu and Darchinyan. I could understand what you are saying if they were more recent. But they were a long time ago and his p4p ranking shouldn't be effected for something that happened so long ago.
jlupi
Pacquio was iced twice early in his career.>>>

once by a headbutt and punch in the leg and the other when he was the walking dead - he never even made weight and jumped two divisions for his next fight.
D-MARV
QUOTE (jlupi @ Dec 10 2010, 09:24 AM) *
Pacquio was iced twice early in his career.>>>

once by a headbutt and punch in the leg and the other when he was the walking dead - he never even made weight and jumped two divisions for his next fight.

I agree with the walking dead comment. The first KO was a legit glancing blow on the chin. Pacquiao was out cold. I've been through this arguement a thousand times.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Dec 10 2010, 06:59 AM) *

Yes but Manny bounced back to beat all time greats like MAB, Morales, Marquez, and very good fighters in Cotto and Hatton. Wlad has beaten no one that comes remotley close to that level. I know it's not his fault but it's just the way sh*t is the division is horrible and the comp is a joke.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 10 2010, 10:20 AM) *
Yes but Manny bounced back to beat all time greats like MAB, Morales, Marquez, and very good fighters in Cotto and Hatton. Wlad has beaten no one that comes remotley close to that level. I know it's not his fault but it's just the way sh*t is the division is horrible and the comp is a joke.

So what happens when he beats Haye in similar fashion?
Method
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Dec 10 2010, 11:08 AM) *
So what happens when he beats Haye in similar fashion?

...and who the fuck exactly is Haye at Heavyweight?
Run and Gun Game Calls
Haye just sells himself well. He is nothing special
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 9 2010, 08:12 PM) *
Yeah but he is Asian so he does not count................

But it sounds American so it should.
Method
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 10 2010, 01:54 PM) *
But it sounds American so it should.

I have no problem that Wlad is whipping the dogshit out of the heavyweight division, but the heavyweight division is SO DEVOID OF TALENT. Right, we all know that. So, while THAT is NOT Wladdy's fault, it doesn't earn him a spot on my p4p list. Not now, Not EVER. Free and clear of challenges, I fall back on my primary criterion - SKILLS. For me, Wlad just does not possess them on a P4P level. That he can get in the ring w Chagaev (or whoever that was) and play patty cake for 12 rounds is a disgrace to the sport, and I will NEVER EVER disrespect the p4p list, mythical though it may be, with a big fat pussy like that.
caneman
QUOTE (Method @ Dec 10 2010, 03:14 PM) *
I have no problem that Wlad is whipping the dogshit out of the heavyweight division, but the heavyweight division is SO DEVOID OF TALENT. Right, we all know that. So, while THAT is NOT Wladdy's fault, it doesn't earn him a spot on my p4p list. Not now, Not EVER. Free and clear of challenges, I fall back on my primary criterion - SKILLS. For me, Wlad just does not possess them on a P4P level. That he can get in the ring w Chagaev (or whoever that was) and play patty cake for 12 rounds is a disgrace to the sport, and I will NEVER EVER disrespect the p4p list, mythical though it may be, with a big fat pussy like that.

There was a time that the HW champ was considered the best fighter on the planet & never made these kinda list! My how the mighty have fallen huh? I was thinking there might should be a HW & a super HW but it is such a waste land that IDK if it would matter much!
SmartyBeardo
Wlad belongs in the top ten.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.