Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Khan v Maidana.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
I look at this fight like Froch v Abraham. I did not think Froch could resist going toe to toe with Arthur. I was wrong. Froch boxed excellently.

Khan is going to have to prove it to me too. I'm taking Maidana by stoppage between 3 and 8. Khan wins this easily on paper. He has the gifts and skills. Khan is on the verge of becoming a formidable force to be reckoned with. Unfortunately for Khan, a jackal hearted Argentinian stands in the way.
Fitz
Looking forward to this fight. Maidana is garbage. He has a good punchers chance knowing Khan's history on his chin, but other than that. Khan is going to give Maidana a fucking ass whooping.
Lil-lightsout
I am really looking forward to this fight also. Actually there a few good fights I want to watch over the weekend.

Pretty much either Khan dominates from long range and wins, or Maidana can make it an ugly fight and bombs Khan out of there. I personally am rooting for Maidana cause for some reason I do not like Khan. Maybe cause Roach trains him?
ROLL DEEP
I think Flyod is a low down scum bag who is scared to fight Pac even though he'd win.

Pac know this and won't take the blood testing because he does steroids.

Hopefully Khan will stay at range and pepper him with his jabs and sharp rights. If he's patient, he'll bust Maidana up from the outside. I'm sure Roach will keep him in check between rounds and make sure he sticks to that.

There, I don't think I mentioned Flo.....oh, shit. I did.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 10 2010, 09:12 AM) *
Looking forward to this fight. Maidana is garbage. He has a good punchers chance knowing Khan's history on his chin, but other than that. Khan is going to give Maidana a fucking ass whooping.

What he said.

I think Flyod is a low down scum bag who is scared to fight Pac even though he'd win.

Pac know this and won't take the blood testing because he does steroids.

Hopefully Khan will stay at range and pepper him with his jabs and sharp rights. If he's patient, he'll bust Maidana up from the outside. I'm sure Roach will keep him in check between rounds and make sure he sticks to that.

There, I don't think I mentioned Flo.....oh, shit. I did.

laugh.gif

That subtitle is just asking for us to bring you know who up again.
salvador
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 10 2010, 05:12 AM) *

yep.

Maidana is definitely overrated but he does have a puncher's chance. I expect Khan to box circles around him. My only fear is that Khan will be too cautious and the fight looks like DLH-Tito. That said, Maidana is slow enough that if he gets desperate in the middle rounds I could definitely see Khan catching him and knocking him out.

This fight has a lot of potential and we'll learn a lot about Khan, but the fight of the night is going to be Darchinyan - Mares.
Big Slim Sweet
Love this fight. Khan should be able to dominate him from the outside, but Maidana is a determined dude and will catch him at some point.

We're gonna see what Khan's really made of.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 10 2010, 03:36 AM) *
What he said.

laugh.gif

That subtitle is just asking for us to bring you know who up again.

Who would that be? focus.gif

QUOTE (salvador @ Dec 10 2010, 04:49 AM) *
yep.

Maidana is definitely overrated but he does have a puncher's chance. I expect Khan to box circles around him. My only fear is that Khan will be too cautious and the fight looks like DLH-Tito. That said, Maidana is slow enough that if he gets desperate in the middle rounds I could definitely see Khan catching him and knocking him out.

This fight has a lot of potential and we'll learn a lot about Khan, but the fight of the night is going to be Darchinyan - Mares.

I don't think Maidana is overrated by most people who have some idea of what is happening in boxing. Khan is a superior talent, no doubt. Maidana is an overachiever.

I think you are right about the possibility of Maidana being KTFO. There is also the possibility of him getting up repeatedly and catching Khan with a game changer that allows Maidana to attack the body and make it a death match like Ortiz. Then the question would be who has ample heart?

I was debating whether to make this thread about Darchinyan v Mares. It could be FOTY.

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Dec 10 2010, 05:44 AM) *
Love this fight. Khan should be able to dominate him from the outside, but Maidana is a determined dude and will catch him at some point.

We're gonna see what Khan's really made of.

This is a huge fight for both fighters but Khan has more to lose. The expectations are high but if he is simply victorious Khan passes the test. He does not have to do it in spectacular style. He just needs the W.

It is good to see Maidana get a decent payday. Dude deserves it. Marcos is not garbage. He has fought and won tough fights. He will need to have significant improvement and/or a bit of luck to carry this one out. Maidana is The Garbage Man.

Marcos The Garbage Man Maidana.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I like Khan to dominate this fight. I think Khan is the most talented 140 pounder out there, and would beat everybody in the division. He's tall and knows how to use that jab. He kept Paulie at bay all night with the jab, and in the last couple years doesn't let fighters get inside to let their shots go. Maidana will need to get on that inside to let those bombs go. There will be a price to pay though, as his face is going to get reconfigured by the jab and straight right hands. After about 2 rounds of that, he'll be discouraged and after a few more rounds will be worn down. Those shots won't have the same sting anymore, and Khan will go in for the kill. The handspeed will be too much and Maidana will be saved by the ref in the 8th round.
Box in Hand
Khan has those Ariza Power pellets in him he should be able to weather any storm and there should be a few. Khan will outbox Maidana and continue to call out Floyd Mayweather who in all reality would decapitate china chin Khan. Khan by UD.
PR316
Going with my head over the heart here and taking Khan via UD. I hope and PRAY that Maidana gives him a brutal beating and devastating KO. But in all likelyhood, the Con Man will stay outside, use the jab, and run run run. And anytime Maidana gets in close, expect Khan to grab and hold his head down. I would not be the least bit shocked if Khan has to endure a late rounds scare in this fight. But because he'll fight scared, he'll avoid taking any unneccesary shots.

Ortiz will TKO Peterson in 7 rounds.
caneman
The weigh in live in a few mins
caneman
The weigh in live in a few mins
caneman
I can't figure out if the 1 girl is trying to dance or needs to piss really bad!!!!
laugh.gif
caneman
Both look good & ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
gravytrain
I don't know about this one, not sure how Khan will react when he's in the ring with someone with power. I'm going to go with Khan but not make a prediction on how the fight plays out or how he wins though.
Hittman25
Maidanna is gonna take his lumps but hes gonna catch amir.......but i know khan has better foot work speed etc. but i bet amir slips at least once and gets clocked....Great fight cant wait...I like both fighters but i just like a puncher they have heart and dont give up and make for epic shit! DEC 11 WAR CARD!!!!!! GETTIN WASTED FOR THIS ONE BOXING IS COMING BACK!!!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Dec 10 2010, 10:39 PM) *
Maidanna is gonna take his lumps but hes gonna catch amir.......but i know khan has better foot work speed etc. but i bet amir slips at least once and gets clocked....Great fight cant wait...I like both fighters but i just like a puncher they have heart and dont give up and make for epic shit! DEC 11 WAR CARD!!!!!! GETTIN WASTED FOR THIS ONE BOXING IS COMING BACK!!!

Damn Hittman, I'm with you. Unfortunately I'll have to catch it all by DVR. Holiday obligations.
SmartyBeardo
Now that the damaged Klit has been surgically removed from the scene, tonight's lineup could produce 2 or maybe 3 candidates for FOTY.
mrwigi
WAR MAIDANA!!!!!
neophyte7
khan is obviously a house fighter... maidana wwhipped his running holding ass and cortez was a bitch protecting khan from an ass whippping late... bullshit scores..
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 11 2010, 08:37 PM) *
khan is obviously a house fighter... maidana wwhipped his running holding ass and cortez was a bitch protecting khan from an ass whippping late... bullshit scores..

How were the scores bullshit? 113-112 and 114-111 were the scores and I felt those scores were on point. When Khan won rounds he won them BIG and in dominating fashion and with the knockdown and point deduction he scored two 10-8 rounds. I had Maidana winning the last 3 rounds clean and even then, I had Khan up 7 rounds to 5 over Maidana. Even if you did score it an even fight on the scorecards, the knockdown and point deduction still would've made the end result in Khan's favor. I don't know, but I feel like I was the only one who enjoyed Khan's performance last night. Early on he showed he is the fastest 140 pounder in the world right now, he still has things to learn and tends to get overconfident in the ring and tries to be like Manny covering up and taking shots and sitting on the ropes, which nearly led to his demise. He's only 24 and stilll has plenty of time to reach his potential. The fact Khan took Maidana's hardest shots and stayed on his feet and refused to go down says a whole lot, so whoever hates on him for using his wheels can you blame him? Maidana is without a doubt the most dangerous puncher at 140 pounds I don't think many fighters would find it smart to stand toe to toe and trade with El Chino
Fitz
Nice summary mexi. You pretty much saw exactly what I saw.
JLUVBABY
yeah i dont have a problem with the scores as that was a close fight... i will say i think cortez could have given maidana another chance at throwing an elbow and issued a warning... it is a fight and im not so sure maidana was intenionally trying to land an elbow... the knockdown played a part in that scoring for sure... again to say the fight was that close after that uphill battle i think says a lot for maidana and as long as he doesnt pull and ike quartey and set out i think he has a bright future in the sport... it seems he is willing to fight anybody and it almost seemed like we watched him become a better fighter during the fight... he did something i wasnt sure he was capable of and that was for the most part adapt to what kahn was doing and used it to his advantage so again of all the 4 fighters i def think maidana came out the biggest winner even tho he lost... now, if he gets the alexander bradley loser whom im thinking will be alexander and can get him out of there he is still a major player in the division... i do think if they fought it would resemble devon vs urango but maidana is a better fighter with that style in my opinion that urango so he would again have a good shot in that one as well... i hope thats how it plays out anyway... i hope the losers of these fights get to fight each other next...
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 12 2010, 06:37 PM) *
yeah i dont have a problem with the scores as that was a close fight... i will say i think cortez could have given maidana another chance at throwing an elbow and issued a warning... it is a fight and im not so sure maidana was intenionally trying to land an elbow... the knockdown played a part in that scoring for sure... again to say the fight was that close after that uphill battle i think says a lot for maidana and as long as he doesnt pull and ike quartey and set out i think he has a bright future in the sport... it seems he is willing to fight anybody and it almost seemed like we watched him become a better fighter during the fight... he did something i wasnt sure he was capable of and that was for the most part adapt to what kahn was doing and used it to his advantage so again of all the 4 fighters i def think maidana came out the biggest winner even tho he lost... now, if he gets the alexander bradley loser whom im thinking will be alexander and can get him out of there he is still a major player in the division... i do think if they fought it would resemble devon vs urango but maidana is a better fighter with that style in my opinion that urango so he would again have a good shot in that one as well... i hope thats how it plays out anyway... i hope the losers of these fights get to fight each other next...

Ya that point deduction was suspect. It looked like Cortez was only going to warn him, then last second decided to take a point away. U could tell Maidana was getting frustrated and letting his emotions get the best of him at times, but Khan was doing his fair share of holding and i don't think Cortez said a word to Khan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.