Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO:Khan-Maidana/Peterson/Ortiz@9:30ET/8:30CT/6:30(SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Jack 1000
For all on-going action and reactions to tonight's HBO card. Please do not talk about the Showtime card in this thread for those recording the Showtime card for later, discuss those fights in the Showtime thread.

Jack

Administrator
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
So apparantely, Peterson-Ortiz was a draw. I was watching Darchinyan-Mares, and didn't watch it. However, I saw Peterson get dropped twice, and seemed to lose the 9th and 10th rounds. Did Peterson just win every other round?
gravytrain
Ortiz-Peterson: majority draw

Box in Hand
Ortiz is garbage and walked into too many shots. Lucky Lamont ain't no puncher. Didn't someone in Peterson's camp say he was the Air Apparent to Floyd Mayweather after a sparring session? LMFAO. That dude is missing something and will never be an elite fighter. Ortiz is missing something too so what can you say.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Dec 11 2010, 09:25 PM) *
So apparantely, Peterson-Ortiz was a draw. I was watching Darchinyan-Mares, and didn't watch it. However, I saw Peterson get dropped twice, and seemed to lose the 9th and 10th rounds. Did Peterson just win every other round?

Oritz gave the fight away after the 10-7 round and Peterson spanked him after that but gave away the 10th. Both need to go back to ESPN.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 11 2010, 10:28 PM) *
Oritz gave the fight away after the 10-7 round and Peterson spanked him after that but gave away the 10th. Both need to go back to ESPN.

i think Maidana still has his little punk ass scared.
Lil-lightsout
Whoa!!! A draw. Left the tv after last round to get a bite to eat and check FH and it's a draw, lol. I just did not think Lamont did enough to get the draw. Though I had it closer than that damn senile Lederman.

Man fights like this separate elite fighters and good fighters. I just kept thinking of Ray Leonard and Roy Jones while watching this fight. Some fighters just do not have "it".
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Khan about to dominate this fool....Seriously, Maidana just went life and death with Chop Chop Corley. Khan is going to crush this guy and keep him at bay with the jab all night.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 11 2010, 09:32 PM) *
i think Maidana still has his little punk ass scared.

Definately showed his colors in that fight and he hasn't recovered.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 11 2010, 10:36 PM) *
Whoa!!! A draw. Left the tv after last round to get a bite to eat and check FH and it's a draw, lol. I just did not think Lamont did enough to get the draw. Though I had it closer than that damn senile Lederman.

Man fights like this separate elite fighters and good fighters. I just kept thinking of Ray Leonard and Roy Jones while watching this fight. Some fighters just do not have "it".

i was surprised too, i was going back and forth between this and the Mares/Darchinyan fight though so i couldn't really score it. i don't care about Ortiz so i can only hope he loses or gets a draw.
Mean Mister Mustard
Peterson and his brother need to become slicker. I always assumed that after a couple of years they would develop into more elusive fighters.

As for Ortiz, after seeing the Campbell and now the Peterson fights, I can see that he's just not that good at adapting. He has a bit of a Judah syndrome in that he always looks for the perfect punch instead of letting his hands go.
gravytrain
Maidana got floored with a big body shot.

he got up and was lucky the round was almost over.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
He's lucky as hell that bell saved him. Khan had that boy done with the body shot. He's faster and moving circles around Maidana.
Box in Hand
Nice body shot Khan is still there to be hurt but Maidana ain't the one to do it. Too much speed.
gravytrain
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Dec 11 2010, 10:47 PM) *
He's lucky as hell that bell saved him. Khan had that boy done with the body shot. He's faster and moving circles around Maidana.

i think if he'd more time it'd have been all over.

i think the thing i like most about Khan in this fight is he still has his confidence. that knockout loss didn't stick with him, doesn't look like it did anyway. he's just fighting his fight and not afraid to put in the work to win.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 11 2010, 10:39 PM) *
i was surprised too, i was going back and forth between this and the Mares/Darchinyan fight though so i couldn't really score it. i don't care about Ortiz so i can only hope he loses or gets a draw.

I also do not care for Ortiz.

As far as this fight now, I just hope Maidana can keep making it interesting. We still got 8 rounds left. Khan does not have it in the bag quite yet.
Lil-lightsout
Man Maidana has got the worst footwork I ever seen, lol.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 11 2010, 11:01 PM) *
Man Maidana has got the worst footwork I ever seen, lol.

i think he looks bad in general right now. if Khan gets tired that can change though.

it seriously looks like this cat is just walking Khan down until he gets him on the ropes lol.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 11 2010, 11:06 PM) *
i think he looks bad in general right now. if Khan gets tired that can change though.

it seriously looks like this cat is just walking Khan down until he gets him on the ropes lol.

No doubt.

This is why we fight 12 rounds. Heart, stamina, desire, power, chin can win fights. Just because you have the speed and skill advantage, does not always result in the win. This fight is getting interesting.
Lil-lightsout
Maidana in the 8th looks really tired all the sudden.
gravytrain
i think Khan running is just frustrating him. Maidana's shitty footwork just isn't doing him any favors either.
Lil-lightsout
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
gravytrain
big round for Maidana, he was dominating Khan for awhile. don't know if Khan is getting tired but things might be changing up.

Khan was a little hurt but nothing serious.
Lil-lightsout
If Maidana had a little more gas in the tank, Khan would be done.
Lil-lightsout
Fuck you Lederman!!!!!!!!!!!! He gave the 11th round to fucking Khan. Fucking bullshit.
Lil-lightsout
Khan ain't beating Bradley or Alexander.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I got it 113-112 Maidana. He won rounds 3,4,6,7,10,11, and 12. I love HBO trying to give Khan the 12th when he was out on his feet half the round, fuck that.
D-MARV
Khan skeets all over Devon... Bradley may give Khan some problems.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 12 2010, 12:30 AM) *
Khan ain't beating Bradley or Alexander.

Nope.

But he will be matched accordingly after this fight just like his sparring partner.
Box in Hand
Rematch Rematch one of the best of the year and Khan ain't ready for Floyd yet but he showed heart and poise.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Dec 11 2010, 11:31 PM) *
I got it 113-112 Maidana. He won rounds 3,4,6,7,10,11, and 12. I love HBO trying to give Khan the 12th when he was out on his feet half the round, fuck that.

Fuck right! He got hammered the whole round and threw ONE flurry in the last 5 seonds. That does not win you the round.
neophyte7
Cortez is a bich jumping in while maidan was whipping that bich khan
gravytrain
114-111 and 113-112 all for Khan.
neophyte7
khan aint shit he lost scores were pituful
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Not a bad decision. Khan was out of it in rounds 10-12 though, and he didn't look that great. I thought Maidana took some of those closer rounds, and he really controlled the pace after the first couple rounds. Overall, it was a really good fight and Maidana really is tough. I think a little more highly of Maidana now after that. He kept coming, and really caught Khan big. He took those late rounds.
Box in Hand
Maidana is liek Julio Ceasar Chavez in that he comes through fire to lay on pain and is tough. It wasn't a bad decision but it deserves a rematch. Khan showed some toughness but not sure if it was those Ariza power pellets.
JLUVBABY
good fight... i thought joe cortez intervened too much... but it came down to the knockdows and that point deduction... hmmmm... khan aint ready for the elite... they can save that pbf fight they've been trying to push... id like to see these two rematch... i think maidana got tired down the stretch and that was his downfall... just didnt have enough to close the show... khan got lucky tonight...
Lil-lightsout
Great fight!

I really did not score this one, just enjoyed watching it. It was close in my eyes but Maidana was dropped and he did have a point taken away from him on top of that, so I guess I have no quarrel with the decision.

Khan definitely showed some good stuff in there, but I truly think eventually his chin will fail him. And he did show tremendous toughness tonight.
Mean Mister Mustard
Khan showed guts in there against one of the biggest punchers at 140. His next fight might feel like a cakewalk in terms of being pressured.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Oh, on a sidenote, Cortez should never ref a big fight again. I'm sick and tired of this guy trying to be the show every fight. Seriously, Khan held a lot of that fight, but he was never deducted a point. He was barley warned either. Also, when Khan was hurt, Maidana had one hand free and Cortez just jumps in. He jumped in so many times when they weren't even clinching. He was so close to the action when Khan was on the ropes. It's just ridiculous how this guy has such an impact on fights. Maidana wasn't even doing anything wrong, but Cortez is just right there jumping in. Also, I understand the point taken for the elbow. However, shit does happen in the middle of battle. That would have been a great time to maybe give him a stern warning, and tell him he may get dq'd if he tries shit like that again. However, Mr. Cortez tries to steal the show all the damn time. It's just tiring. I'm not saying Maidana wins the fight, but damn that was a shitty performance for a ref.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 11 2010, 11:42 PM) *
Khan showed guts in there against one of the biggest punchers at 140. His next fight might feel like a cakewalk in terms of being pressured.

Exactly, especially if he ends up fighting someone like Alexander. Easy money... remember people, it's all about styles. Props to Maidana tonight too. He put up a great effort.
HaydelHammer
I'd like to see khan avenge his loss to prescott....LOL
PR316
Khan dodged a bullet.

Fight deserves a rematch but Khan probably won't go there again. If I was managing him, I wouldn't do it honestly.
The CEO
That was a fun fight....

Maidana, as crude and limited as he is, was Khan's worst nightmare in there...lol

Verdict: I was more impressed with Maidana than I was with Khan...Khan survived and is NOT in the Top 3 140 pounders...he's waaayyy more flash than substance...he consistently makes amateurish defensive mistakes and throws his combos for show...not with precision.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 11 2010, 11:53 PM) *
That was a fun fight....

Maidana, as crude and limited as he is, was Khan's worst nightmare in there...lol

Verdict: I was more impressed with Maidana than I was with Khan...Khan survived and is NOT in the Top 3 140 pounders...he's waaayyy more flash than substance...he consistently makes amateurish defensive mistakes and throws his combos for show...not with precision.

I think he would fare better against Bradley, believe it or not. I remember Dmarv saying the same thing and people laughed at him but I think it's true. Bradley could pressure Khan but he's no Maidana in terms of strenght pressure and punch.
gravytrain
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Dec 11 2010, 11:45 PM) *
Oh, on a sidenote, Cortez should never ref a big fight again. I'm sick and tired of this guy trying to be the show every fight. Seriously, Khan held a lot of that fight, but he was never deducted a point. He was barley warned either. Also, when Khan was hurt, Maidana had one hand free and Cortez just jumps in. He jumped in so many times when they weren't even clinching. He was so close to the action when Khan was on the ropes. It's just ridiculous how this guy has such an impact on fights. Maidana wasn't even doing anything wrong, but Cortez is just right there jumping in. Also, I understand the point taken for the elbow. However, shit does happen in the middle of battle. That would have been a great time to maybe give him a stern warning, and tell him he may get dq'd if he tries shit like that again. However, Mr. Cortez tries to steal the show all the damn time. It's just tiring. I'm not saying Maidana wins the fight, but damn that was a shitty performance for a ref.

i feel the same way about the holding and intervening. i don't agree with the deduction either, Cortez was probably just mad at him for elbowing him in the chest lol.
JLUVBABY
lol... khan was on that bicycle the last part of that fight... lol... thought it was funny how he sat down on his punches when he heard the knock for the last 10 seconds of the fight... lol... thing is i think this fight will make maidana a better fighter... i think he'll come back better off this loss... he was a punch or so away from being the second best 140 lber... and if not for those knockdowns and that point deduction... lol... damn...
D-MARV
I favor Khan over both Bradley and Alexander. CEO, who would you rank over Khan?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 11 2010, 10:58 PM) *
I think he would fare better against Bradley, believe it or not. I remember Dmarv saying the same thing and people laughed at him but I think it's true. Bradley could pressure Khan but he's no Maidana in terms of strenght pressure and punch.

khan shows up for bradley like he did tonight he gets mugged by bradley... khan may as well be better than alexander but bradley is another beast all together... you'll see what he does to devon next month... two different leagues...
gravytrain
i just think Maidana was too crude for him when Khan was on his game. Khan was just free to hit and run and Maidana only got in the fight when Khan got stuck on the ropes.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.