Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sho:Perez-AgbekoII/Darchinyan-Mares@9ET/8CT/6PT (SPOILERS 15 Mins Later)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For all action and post-fight reactions to Showtime's fights tonight. Please do not talk about the HBO card in this thread for those recording the HBO card for later, discuss those fights in the HBO thread.

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
I am predicting Mares KO 6 in an upset special!!!!

I think that Vic DarCHINyan does not have a good chin and leaves himself open for counters. I think Mares could be like Donaire.

Jack
salvador
Mares is actually a 2-1 favorite, though the odds have shrunk in the past few hours.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I don't see Mares winning. He was held to a draw against Perez, and Perez's shots seemed to get to him at times. Vic hits pretty damn hard and will bring that pressure. I think Mares will have his moments, but I think Vic will stop him late. Should be a good night of fights though either way.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (salvador @ Dec 11 2010, 03:03 PM) *
Mares is actually a 2-1 favorite, though the odds have shrunk in the past few hours.

Wow! Mares favored 2-1! I did not know that he was favored. I meant upset in terms of a dramatic KO where Vic losses by that again.

Vic just leaves himself open for so many counter shots, and if anyone can take advantage of that, it Mares.

However, got to say that Mares has to survive early. Both could get hurt and dropped in this war. It's gotta be a war no matter how long or short it lasts.

Jack
The CEO
Sweet, little parlay opp here...could it be The Night Of The Underdogs?

$25 on Agbeko, Darchinyan, Peterson, and Maidana wins you $3150...add Hopkins over Pascal to it, and you win over $9000!

I don't feel that good about Peterson over Ortiz though....if I take him out of the bet, it goes to $900 for tonight and $2500 if you include Hopkins...

Not a bad gamble for 25 bucks...
Fitz
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 12 2010, 12:22 PM) *
Sweet, little parlay opp here...could it be The Night Of The Underdogs?

$25 on Agbeko, Darchinyan, Peterson, and Maidana wins you $3150...add Hopkins over Pascal to it, and you win over $9000!

I don't feel that good about Peterson over Ortiz though....if I take him out of the bet, it goes to $900 for tonight and $2500 if you include Hopkins...

Not a bad gamble for 25 bucks...

Not bad CEO. I did a few multi bets (we call them that, you call them parlays) similar to yours. Though I didn't include Agbeko in any of mine. I have Perez in all of those.

I had Perez, Darchniyan, Peterson, Khan (by decision). I did another with Perez, Mares, Ortiz and Khan (decision). I did about 4 all up, and did a few combinations, just to try hedge my bets.
I think Darchinyan is good value as an underdog, and Peterson as well, knowing Ortiz's history when put in a tough fight.
The CEO
Yeah...good point about Ortiz...but I worry about Politics with him....I'm hedging by placing $25 on all the favorites...that would win me $50...lol

Agbeko hasn't fought in over a year (since he lost to Perez)...could go either way as far as rustiness...Perez was in another war against Mares since then.....I'm thinking Agbeko might feel fresh and make enough changes to get the win....
Fitz
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 12 2010, 12:41 PM) *
Yeah...good point about Ortiz...but I worry about Politics with him....I'm hedging by placing $25 on all the favorites...that would win me $50...lol

Agbeko hasn't fought in over a year (since he lost to Perez)...could go either way as far as rustiness...Perez was in another war against Mares since then.....I'm thinking Agbeko might feel fresh and make enough changes to get the win....

Yep, though I am still picking Ortiz to win, I think Peterson has good value.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
anything chatting for the fights?
KookedKrack
Damn cut on the top of the head of Mares hopefully it won't trickle to the eyes or the corner can get on it...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Down goes Mares
KookedKrack
We have a good scrap on our hands gentlemen smile_anim.gif
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That was a really good good fight. Honestly, it could have gone either way. Both guys fought well. I thought Vic controlled the early rounds, where Mares controlled the middle rounds. The late rounds were pretty damn close, and made a big difference in the scoring. Pretty good fight though, and I'd like to see a rematch down the road. It seems like Mares is just involved in a lot of these close fights.
Lil-lightsout
Not a bad fight. Couple points.

1-Vic to me looked a little sluggish in there tonight. Seemed to a little too laid back for him.
2-Mares threw a ton of bodyshots and some low blows.
3-Vic CLEARLY slipped and was no legit KD.
4-Mares pressure won him the fight.
5-Vic barely had a mark on his face after, Mares throws to the body way better than to the head.
6-I slightly gave the fight to Mares.
7-And to Fitz...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
The CEO
I opted to watch Khan get manhandled (haha.gif), but I saw my boy, Agbeko, won by UD.....he's really an underrated fighter...he has the rare ability to "adapt and overcome"...

TOTALLY agree with Darchinyan about the ref....I was yelling "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE FIGHT, REF!" at the TV all night....lol....even though he took a point from Mares, he was way too involved in general and handcuffed Vicious Vic....

In the end, I thought it could have been scored either way...props to Mares for his chin, heart, and persistence...but Darchinyan, like Abraham at 168, doesnt have the same mindblowing power at Bantam...
kidbazooka1
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAhahahahhahahahaha Vic got whooped im just glad to see that POS lose don't matter who it's to as long as he losses. mares won that fight but could have won it more clealry had it not been for the blood from the head butt which was all over his eye.

Mares Agbeko will be war aswell as perez/Vic i just hope Perez beats the sh*t out of Vic.
mexi-cutioner
Does this fight devalue the potential for a Darchinyan-Donaire rematch sometime down the road???
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Dec 12 2010, 12:13 AM) *
Does this fight devalue the potential for a Darchinyan-Donaire rematch sometime down the road???

If Donaire gets by Montiel, he won't be fighting Darchinyan. Plus Donaire will be moving up in weight too far for Darchinyan before long.
SmartyBeardo
Darchinyan v Mares was a decent fight. I scored it for Darchinyan by the slimmest of margins. Mares doesn't seem to have elite level pop. His speed is adequate. His body work is excellent. Probably his greatest asset is his chin. He is going to need it v Agbeko.

I thought Vic landed significantly more heavy leather.
Jack 1000
Good fights!

On rounds, I had Mares-Darchinyan, at 8-4 Mares. He controlled most of the action, BUT with the knockdowns and point deduction, I was anticipating divergent scoring with the point system. I thought Mares might have won the round, when the point got taken away. Could have been a 10-8 for Vic or a 9-9 even, which might account for the difference in the scoring. Mares is articulate and cool. I like him.

Agbeko-Perez: Joseph had a wonderful box and move game plan, That one round (the 6th?) where they just shot bombs on each other could have been ROTY!

Good shorter tournament than the Super Six. But shit! Let's hope no one get hurt between fights and we can do this thing to the end!

Jack
Fitz
That was a very good fight. I edged it to Darchinyan, but I think it could have gone either way, as there were a lot of close rounds. Darchinyan lost because he didn't throw enough in combinations. He did a good job counter punching, he just did too much and didn't let his hands go.
I think Vic won the early rounds, he was counter punching and not being hit too much. He was landing the same amount as he was early throughout the fight, it's just that Mares started to land more than he was earlier. This helped, because not only was he landing more, he was being busier.
I also agree with CEO, Vic still has decent power, but it's not as devastating at 118. It has to come down at some point, this is like his 4th weight class.
I didn't have a problem with the decision at all.

PS - Fuck you lights out.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 12 2010, 05:13 AM) *
That was a very good fight. I edged it to Darchinyan, but I think it could have gone either way, as there were a lot of close rounds. Darchinyan lost because he didn't throw enough in combinations. He did a good job counter punching, he just did too much and didn't let his hands go.
I think Vic won the early rounds, he was counter punching and not being hit too much. He was landing the same amount as he was early throughout the fight, it's just that Mares started to land more than he was earlier. This helped, because not only was he landing more, he was being busier.
I also agree with CEO, Vic still has decent power, but it's not as devastating at 118. It has to come down at some point, this is like his 4th weight class.
I didn't have a problem with the decision at all.

PS - Fuck you lights out.

LOL!

Bolded part- There's a surprise, lol.

Just kidding man. I agree with your take(expect I gave to Mares). I really think Vic could have won that if he was a little more offensive minded. To me it seemed he was backing up too much, though he was countering well. Judges usually like the busier pressure offensive minded fighters. Just maybe Vic at his age has to fight at a more controlled pace, and therefore you got that type of fight from him?
salvador
Darchinyan ran out of gas. Both guys performed like champs. I'd much rather see a rematch of this fight than the finals of the tournament.

BigG
That was a pretty close fight with Vic and Mares man but I thought Mares just edged it out with the rounds he won late. Vic's knockdown was def. more legit than Mares knockdown but Mares is a very young strong fighter who did some nice body work all night. I'll have to watch it again but that was my feeling after watching it that Mares was more aggressive but he was actually landing shit it wasn't ineffective aggressiveness and Vic fought good too..

Couldn't watch Perez vs. Abkeo but I'll have to d/l it when I get the chance. Bantamweight dvision is easily the 2nd best division in Boxing with these 4 and Montiel and Donaire too.
kidbazooka1
Vic always comes in excellent shape it was the bodywork of Mares that had him winded in the end.
BigG
I just done downloading Mares vs Darchinyan and I had like this

1. Darchinyan 10-9
2. Darchinyan 10-8
3. Mares 10-9
4. Even 9-9
5. Darchinyan 10-9
6. Mares 10-9
7. Mares 10-8
8. Darchinyan 10-9
9. Mares 10-9
10. Mares 10-9
11. Mares 10-9
12. Mares 10-9

I had it 7-4-1 Mares...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.