Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Khan vs Judah
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
EpTXCHAMP
According to Zab's twitter this fight is almost a done deal... So whats your guys take for the record I do not like this fight for Zab should have gone for Mabuza or one of the smaller 140 guys. The Reach, speed (now that zab is 33) advantage for Khan should prevail. Honestly I can only see one of Zab's uppercut winning this fight for him or some type of K.O
flazi
barring a wiked zab uppercut or left hook, he gets destroyed a la malignaggi. khan tko 7. too young too strong too big.
jvo1800
this is gonna be a total disaster for Zab point blank period. this will be a complete shutout/knockout for Khan, Zab's only chance is one of those sneaky uppercuts that he throws when he discovers that he's lost the fight other than that i predict an early night for Judah.
gravytrain
I think Judah's comeback is going to end once he gets in the ring with Khan.
EpTXCHAMP
So we all agree that zab only has an uppercuts chance lol...

Quick question if he does land do you think he can finish Khan? Assuming Cortez is not the referee lol
Snoop
Khan has the advantages in almost every category for this fight, but goddamn, the boy has a shaky chin. He got rocked by damn near anything that landed from Maidana. I'm not trying to say Khan is a slouch or that Judah hits on par with the Argentine, but it was like almost EVERY shot Maidana landed. I say Zab might still have a punchers chance in there.
Box in Hand
I'd rather watch pigs do anal. Booooooooo! Fight the winner of Bradley vs. Alexander. Judah is garbage and has no heart.
Snoop
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 15 2010, 01:55 AM) *
I'd rather watch pigs do anal. Booooooooo! Fight the winner of Bradley vs. Alexander. Judah is garbage and has no heart.

You watch pigs doing anal?
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 14 2010, 07:55 PM) *

I usually have no problem with the zab is a waste of talent, cant focus or is washed up comments but I never really have understood the no heart thing? He has never ducked anyone and has fought all the guys we wished floyd would have at the time. Hell if anything his heart and pride caused him to get up before his legs wanted to against Kostya? He took a hell of a beating against Cotto and fought till they stopped it? I mean I just think your confusing his lack of stamina with lack of heart
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 14 2010, 09:34 PM) *
Khan has the advantages in almost every category for this fight, but goddamn, the boy has a shaky chin. He got rocked by damn near anything that landed from Maidana. I'm not trying to say Khan is a slouch or that Judah hits on par with the Argentine, but it was like almost EVERY shot Maidana landed. I say Zab might still have a punchers chance in there.

Zab's chin is no masterpiece either laugh.gif Just too many miles on Zab's clock at this stage and Khan is a big 140 pounder. He will braek Zab down and bust him up ala Clottey. Zab may hurt him though, but if Maidana couldn't put him down then I doubt Zab will.
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Dec 15 2010, 02:34 AM) *
Zab's chin is no masterpiece either laugh.gif Just too many miles on Zab's clock at this stage and Khan is a big 140 pounder. He will braek Zab down and bust him up ala Clottey. Zab may hurt him though, but if Maidana couldn't put him down then I doubt Zab will.

Never said it was, but he can crack when he's on his best game. Don't get me wrong, I agree with everyone here that says Khan is the heavy favorite, but there's still that punchers chance, which I guess applies to almost any fighter. Well, except someone like Paulie Malinaggi.
D-MARV
Judah will get battered.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 14 2010, 08:34 PM) *

the turn tables might wobble but they don't fall down. actually, I think a counter uppercut from Zab could hurt Khan. Khan's chin is just better than a lot of people including myself were thinking. if Khan does get hurt he'll be able to survive. i just really think this is going to be a one sided fight and probably Zab's last fight. and correct me if I'm wrong but it's looking like Khan gets off 3 punches in about the same amount of time as Judah throws a jab LOL.

gravytrain
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 14 2010, 09:46 PM) *
Judah will get battered.

i'm serious man, Judah better call his dad up and get him to train him. then when Yoel is shadow boxing in the corner and ADHDing out maybe he can catch Zab and cut him, that will be the best outcome for him.

Fitz
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 15 2010, 12:34 PM) *
He got rocked by damn near anything that landed from Maidana.

That's not true at all Snoop. Khan was taking flush shots and wasn't hurt once until he got caught in that 9th round. True, that after he got clipped, he was hurt a lot after that. As it's obvious he didn't recover. But for about 75% of the fight, he was taking flush shots and never hurt.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 14 2010, 08:58 PM) *
You watch pigs doing anal?

I was thinking the same thing. laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 14 2010, 10:05 PM) *
That's not true at all Snoop. Khan was taking flush shots and wasn't hurt once until he got caught in that 9th round. True, that after he got clipped, he was hurt a lot after that. As it's obvious he didn't recover. But for about 75% of the fight, he was taking flush shots and never hurt.

For all the pre-fight talk about Khan's chin I'm really surprised he didn't go down from that shot in he 10th. His chin had already been put in that legendary status of cracked china. Khan surprised me, Maidana has to be the biggest puncher in that division, closley followed by Khan himself.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 15 2010, 03:05 AM) *

I felt he backed off from the first hard punch that Maidana landed, even in the first round, though I will admit my opinion may be a bit skewed since I watched it with a room full of Khan haters that jumped and hollered anytime Maidana landed anything.

laugh.gif

I mean his chin is definitely better than most people thought based off the Prescott fight, but it also seemed like he was getting rocked repeatedly towards the end of the fight. Zab has a chance of landing similar shots, but with his inability to finish and losing his cool, I doubt he'll capitalize off it.
King Eugene
I guess I'm the only one on here that gives Judah more than a punchers chance. Khan is rangy fast and young. What he is not is a big strong pressure fighter that throws bombs. He jumps in and throws a lot of combos and then jumps straight back out. With Judah's speed and timing I think he has a good chance in catching Khan with one of those sneaky uppercuts. Will it stop him? Hmmm? I dont know but it'll make things interesting. Judah has problem's with big pressure fighters and that Khan is not. As I said in another thread this is a refocused Judah with EMM in his corner. Not saying he'll win and not saying he'll get blown out but this should be interesting.
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 14 2010, 11:23 PM) *
I think Matthysse is a bigger puncher than Khan.

Matching Khan with Judah is the right move, but it is not the forgone conclusion that has been jumped to by so many. Judah did basically the same thing v Matthysse that Khan did v Maidana. I have read the claims that Judah and Matthysse cannot be compared with Amir and The garbage Man, and they are bullshit.

Matthysse is a monster in the 140 division. He hits like a ton of bricks. His defense is sound. His chin is granite. He deserved the victory over Zab, IMO, but it was not a robbery. Judah found a way to survive (in no small part by taking a knee). Zab took huge punishment to the body in that fight and came out the other end. Matthysse took possibly the best uppercut that Zab has ever thrown and just grinned and kept coming, not unlike Maidana. Matthysse landed less leather on Judah than Maidana landed on Khan.

If the uppercut he landed on Matthysse finds Khan's jaw, Judah will be a 140 pound belt holder.

Judah is 40-6, but only one of those losses was at 140 (Tszyu). Khan is a gifted boxer, but he is no prime Kostya Tszyu at this point in his career. Judah is a different fighter now. He has grown wiser. He has fought better competition by a long shot than Khan and most of it was at welter.

Zab will be a huge underdog if this fight happens (especially in England). I'm telling you right here and now, Judah has a decent shot in this fight.

Matthysse is a monster at 140? The best fighter he's faced at 140 is Judah LOL. He's fought nothing but bums up to that fight. I think it's a close fight for him and Judah and they're far from being the top fighters in the sport. There's no comparison.

I don't even think Judah goes past round 5.
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 15 2010, 01:36 AM) *
Wasn't talking about him being the best in the division. I was talking about his size. He is a monster at 140.

There's no comparison? Maybe in your opinion. Matthysse and Judah are dangerous at 140. The comparisons between the fighters and their respective fights are obvious. You may ignore them if you wish but that does not make them vanish from existence.

Judah is a decent challenge for Khan, and Matthysse will be avoided as much as possible, except for maybe by Maidana.

Based on what? Matthysse is Judah's best victory and Matthysse's best victory is Vivian Harris LOL. This reminds me of when someone on here was thinking Freddy Hernandez might do something against one of the top welterweights, there's a big difference between what a fighter does against OK fighters in his division and the elite fighters in his division.

At the very least I see Judah losing a lopsided decision to Khan, Matthysse hasn't even done anything to deserve a shot at one of the top fighters so we'll just have to wait and see whether he'll be avoided or not. Khan beats both, Maidana beats Judah and has some trouble with Matthysse because of his size.
Fitz
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 15 2010, 06:40 PM) *
Based on what? Matthysse is Judah's best victory and Matthysse's best victory is Vivian Harris LOL. This reminds me of when someone on here was thinking Freddy Hernandez might do something against one of the top welterweights, there's a big difference between what a fighter does against OK fighters in his division and the elite fighters in his division.

At the very least I see Judah losing a lopsided decision to Khan, Matthysse hasn't even done anything to deserve a shot at one of the top fighters so we'll just have to wait and see whether he'll be avoided or not. Khan beats both, Maidana beats Judah and has some trouble with Matthysse because of his size.

lol.

No offence Smarty, but I think you might have a thing for trashy latino's.

I think Margarito might be on that list as well. By the way, out of curiosity, are you a fan of Mayorga? I love that guy, and one of my favourites. Easily my favourite from the trashy latino's.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 14 2010, 11:44 PM) *
Matthysse is a monster at 140? The best fighter he's faced at 140 is Judah LOL. He's fought nothing but bums up to that fight. I think it's a close fight for him and Judah and they're far from being the top fighters in the sport. There's no comparison.

Think he means size wise. He weighed 153 on fight day in the morning that means by night probably was pushing 160.

Opposed to Khan although tall, is not a large 140...

now thinking about there are things that favor zab experience, fact he only has one loss @ 140, the uppercut and southpaw stance and chin although zabs isnt all that so thats a small advantage

as stated Khan has speed, youth, and power might be even so I think its a battle of young up and comer versus a tested veteran who is not fully washed up like Barrera was when Khan fought him and as we all know the vet vs new kid on the block fights can be toss ups so I'll go ahead and give zab a bit more than a punchers chance however still favoring Khan.
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 15 2010, 09:03 AM) *
Actually, I am the person who suggested that Hernandez might give Berto some trouble (prior to the fight even being made). Berto answered that question resoundingly. Now I am the person suggesting that the Mosley fight is bullshit and that Berto should get a shot at Pac.

I am also the one (along with KE) that is of the opinion that Judah can give Khan some trouble and possibly win the fight. That is not just based off his performance v Matthysse. It is based on the growth as a boxer and a person that I see in Judah. It is also based on my opinion that Judah v Matthysse demonstrated how strong each fighter is more than their weaknesses.

I may be wrong again. Maybe Khan KOs Judah in the 1st round. If that happens I will have no problem coming on here and facing up to it.

Now, how many of those who gave Maidana no chance and classified him as garbage have had the nuts to come right out and admit how utterly full of shit they were. Most are like the poster below, who mention it in passing and avoid the fact that the fight was won by the ref for Khan. They make ludicrous claims about how Khan dominated 75% of the fight. Last I checked that would be 9 rounds to 3. Now that shit is hilarious.

If Judah KTFO Khan will you come on here and face up? I doubt it. You will mention it in one line hidden in an extended post about how deep down inside you always knew that Khan was overrated.

I like Matthysse. He is tough, hardworking and humble, like most fighters from Argentina (or from Latin America in general). I do not think he is a world beater but I would rather watch him v anyone than say Ortiz or Lamont Peterson. Not that I dislike either of those guys. I just prefer overachievers. Maidana and Matthysse fit that preference for me currently.

Both deserved victories in their most recent fights. Neither were robbed, though a case can and has been made that Maidana was fighting two men last Saturday night.

To be accurate, I "have a thing for" overachievers. That is why I love boxing; even the most gifted and skilled fighters are usually overachievers in the big picture.

When a fighter overcomes his lack of physical gifts and low skill potential to succeed like a Maidana, I am most impressed, especially when they are as humble as they are ferocious. It just happens to be that the majority of fighters that fit that description are Latino.

But, (almost) anyone who is willing to get in the ring at the professional level gets my respect.

Fuck Margarito.

How is Mosley/Pac bullshit but Khan/Judah isn't? if Mosley knocked out a bum then got a controversial SD against an OK fighter would that mean he's revamping his career and on a comeback?

I'll live up to it if Khan loses but that isn't going to happen lol. when Judah loses I want you to get in contact with Khan and Maidana and apologize to both of them for a Judah/Matthysse comparison.

QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Dec 15 2010, 12:45 PM) *
Think he means size wise. He weighed 153 on fight day in the morning that means by night probably was pushing 160.

Opposed to Khan although tall, is not a large 140...

now thinking about there are things that favor zab experience, fact he only has one loss @ 140, the uppercut and southpaw stance and chin although zabs isnt all that so thats a small advantage

as stated Khan has speed, youth, and power might be even so I think its a battle of young up and comer versus a tested veteran who is not fully washed up like Barrera was when Khan fought him and as we all know the vet vs new kid on the block fights can be toss ups so I'll go ahead and give zab a bit more than a punchers chance however still favoring Khan.

He might be big but the quality of opposition just isn't there to be thinking this guy might be someone in the near future or draw a comparison to Maidana. Maidana has paid his dues and win or lose he's faced top opposition. a win over Vivian Harris and close fight with Judah isn't putting you in the higher ranks of a division.

how long ago was that loss at 140 and what has happened since then? This isn't a Judah that has just gotten older, his career had a downturn and he's slowly trying to take it back to where it was.
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 15 2010, 04:31 PM) *
". . . and I want a hummer from Miley Cyrus, and, and . . . a trip to mars with Bruce Willis and, umm, . . . Gold Plated Mickey Mouse ears rubbed between Britanny Spears Legs Santa!"

you're one sick mofo, Smarty.
PR316
Its not a secret I don't think much of Khan.

Be that as it may, he'll without any doubt comprehensively beat Zab Judah. Khan's chin will always be a question mark but Judah is not the same fighter anymore. Khan will keep him outside all night long with his jab and just tie up Judah inside when he gets close. It'll be boring and no KO.

Khan via UD.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 15 2010, 12:55 PM) *
I'd rather watch pigs do anal.

Quote of the year.
STEVENSKI
How can anyone condone this farce. What has Zab done to deserve a shot at a title? Yet some people are acting like this is a good fight.

The same people who jump on Pac for fighting "stiffs" are strangely accepting of this proposed fight. Judah is a shell of his former self & will get battered badly by Khan.
gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 15 2010, 05:34 PM) *
How can anyone condone this farce. What has Zab done to deserve a shot at a title? Yet some people are acting like this is a good fight.

The same people who jump on Pac for fighting "stiffs" are strangely accepting of this proposed fight. Judah is a shell of his former self & will get battered badly by Khan.

that's my problem with it. sure Khan and Pac are in different positions, this is nothing close to a legitimate fight though. just because Judah has won a fight and was given a gift doesn't mean he's changed or is back on his way to being a champion, this fight is just as much of a farce as Pac/Mosley. Actually it'd be more like Pac fighting Alfonso Gomez.
BrutalBodyShots
Khan TKO9 Judah.

EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 15 2010, 02:15 PM) *
How is Mosley/Pac bullshit but Khan/Judah isn't? if Mosley knocked out a bum then got a controversial SD against an OK fighter would that mean he's revamping his career and on a comeback?

I'll live up to it if Khan loses but that isn't going to happen lol. when Judah loses I want you to get in contact with Khan and Maidana and apologize to both of them for a Judah/Matthysse comparison.

He might be big but the quality of opposition just isn't there to be thinking this guy might be someone in the near future or draw a comparison to Maidana. Maidana has paid his dues and win or lose he's faced top opposition. a win over Vivian Harris and close fight with Judah isn't putting you in the higher ranks of a division.

how long ago was that loss at 140 and what has happened since then? This isn't a Judah that has just gotten older, his career had a downturn and he's slowly trying to take it back to where it was.

Since his loss to Kostya he became undisputed champ and had a decent run at welter point I tried to make bout his one loss at 140 is zabs power is better we all know zab was a small welter which is why so many people bring up at 140 his only defeat was against a pretty damn good fighter in Kostya. His power can hurt Khan that being said still favoring Khan just think he is gonna be more competitive than people think and IMO zab is more deserving of facing Khan than Shane is to get pac

I agree Mathysse has not faced anyone only stating that he is a big junior welter which is what I believe the other post meant by "monster". The verdict is not out yet on Lucas

Now yes zab ko'd a journeyman and won a SD against an unknown maybe not great comeback material but at least it was a live, bigger younger hungry unknown with power! Those two wins look better than a draw and near shut out! come on bro shane got a draw with Serio Mora man? Than lost 11 of the 12 rounds against Floyd at least zab can say he took 4-5 rounds in his fight with Floyd. zab has gotten older yes but Khan will be fighting someone who will be 33 opposed to Pac fighting a man who will be 5 months from 40 haha.gif
kingknockout
a judah uppercut can end this fight, IF zab get's the chance to land it.

the question is, if zab does win, what's next?

judah vs mosley laugh.gif after the pacman fight of course.
kingknockout
styles make fights
gravytrain
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Dec 15 2010, 08:43 PM) *
Since his loss to Kostya he became undisputed champ and had a decent run at welter point I tried to make bout his one loss at 140 is zabs power is better we all know zab was a small welter which is why so many people bring up at 140 his only defeat was against a pretty damn good fighter in Kostya. His power can hurt Khan that being said still favoring Khan just think he is gonna be more competitive than people think and IMO zab is more deserving of facing Khan than Shane is to get pac

I agree Mathysse has not faced anyone only stating that he is a big junior welter which is what I believe the other post meant by "monster". The verdict is not out yet on Lucas

Now yes zab ko'd a journeyman and won a SD against an unknown maybe not great comeback material but at least it was a live, bigger younger hungry unknown with power! Those two wins look better than a draw and near shut out! come on bro shane got a draw with Serio Mora man? Than lost 11 of the 12 rounds against Floyd at least zab can say he took 4-5 rounds in his fight with Floyd. zab has gotten older yes but Khan will be fighting someone who will be 33 opposed to Pac fighting a man who will be 5 months from 40 haha.gif

LOL won a SD? Given a SD.

i don't know who you're trying to get to come on when thinking Judah does anything in this fight or thinking it's any better than Pac/Mosley. At least Mosley has beat a relevant fighter in the past couple years, Judah hasn't done shit in what will be 6 years by the time they fight.
Hops
Mosley has already shown us that he can surprise people. Like with his win over Margarito after being labeled old.
Judah has shown us nothing... err,,, let me get back to you on this one.
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 15 2010, 09:45 PM) *
Figured that I should go back and answer your question, again.

Mosley v Pac is more of the same circus act organ grinder's monkey shit that we have been treated with by Team QuackMeow for years now. Pac is (supposedly) P4P #1. So who does he choose to fight? A 40 year old shell of a HOF fighter. Pac is (supposedly) the top of the heap. He should be fighting those that are still climbing the heap, not those who are in free fall like SSM, Margarito, Cotto and The African Heavybag. He should be giving legit contenders and belt holders their chance like ODLH gave him and PBF.

You give me shit about comparing Khan v Maidana to Judah v Matthysse and in the next sentence try to compare Khan v Judah to Pac v Mosley?

Same situation, Khan is supposed to be one of the premier fighters in the division and he could pick anyone at 140. He's fighting Judah? Judah hasn't even done anything to be relevant, the only thing he's right now is past accomplishments. Judah's best victory as of late is someone who's last 5 opponents are either a bum[Vivian Harris] or unknowns. That's a step down for someone making a case for #1 at 140.

I like Pac/Mosley more actually, Mosley probably has more moments with Pac than Judah does with Khan LOL. Khan/Maidana were two of the top fighters in the sport on their way up, Judah/Matthysse is a fight between someone who really has no accomplishments in the past 5 years and a fighter who's best opponents is the person with no significant victories[other than Matthysse] in the past 5 years.

Wake the fuck up. Khan needs to fight a Judah before he graduates to the Bradleys and (omnipotent being forbid) PBF or Pac. Khan should win comfortably, but isn't that what the vast majority of people were saying before the Maidana War? Wasn't the Judah v Matthysse fight an eliminator for #2 in a couple organizations?

Not the WBA, IBF and WBO. Maybe Bradley can send one of these dudes out of the sport? lol.

Khan doesn't need Judah and Khan has already graduated. If anything Judah should be thanking Khan for the opportunity. Khan is already one of the top 140lb fighters, will probably be Mayweather's opponent if he doesn't fight Pac, and has accomplished more at 140 recently than Judah has.

LOL come on man, are you seriously comparing Judah to Maidana?

Meanwhile Pac continues on The Foregone Conclusion Tour.

Khan v Ortiz or Peterson or JMM would be okay also. I just do not think it is a good idea for Khan to be in with the Bradley v Alexander winner or PBF. If Bradley gets by Alexander he should get a shot at Pac. That is still a big if.

I wouldn't mind seeing how an Ortiz v Matthysse battle would turn out, as well as Judah v Peterson or Maidana v either Peterson or Judah.

A lot of cats should be getting shots at fighters but promoters make the decisions. GBP wants Khan in with Mayweather and it'd be good exposure for Khan win or lose, which he'll lose. He'll still be young so he can rebound and probably wont be beaten so badly that he'll look irrelevant. Somebody needs to carry that GBP banner when Mayweather is gone, which Mayweather probably has 2 fights left, so who better than Khan? They'll put them two together sooner or later.

I think Khan takes Judah then depending on how the winner of Bradley/Alexander wins they either wait them out or go with JMM or Ortiz.

Pac v Mosley is just the same ol' stanky assed shit. Khan v Judah would serve a purpose.

what purpose is that? it's another clear victory against an overmatched fighter only this isn't going to be a PPV.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 15 2010, 05:34 PM) *

He's actually won the #1 contender spot for the IBF Jr. WW title after winning his last fight.

Guess he deserves one now... dntknw.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 16 2010, 01:16 AM) *
You know what gravy? It is all good. I think Khan needs a tuneup with a fast, slick, experienced African American fighter before he steps in with the actual elite. You think he is already there.

Khan is young and need not make a superfight every time out. It does not hurt to take a learning fight. Khan should get some good work in with Judah and be ready to move on, unless Judah surprises us all and reveals Khans true water level.

Pac continuing to dance to his organ grinder's tune at this time in his career is unforgivable.

You disagree. Fair enough. We will see how it plays out.

By the way, I would enjoy seeing how Maidana would do v Judah and Matthysse v Ortiz. It would clear a few things up.

Depending on how Bradley/Alexander plays out he might be, I just don't this fight is a fight that will test him since I see him winning pretty soundly. Of course Judah can bring the slick fast style to the table but he also brings his age and faded skills. There are some other fights I'd like to see, I think once you look at it Judah could be about the only person to fight when and where Khan wants it though.

I see Maidana beating Judah. I think Matthysse can beat Ortiz, Ortiz will most likely lose some early rounds feeling him out and wont be able to knock him down. Without the early rounds I think Ortiz beats him but I know he'll feel him out and give up a couple. If Matthysse developed more before the fight I'd take him for sure.
gravytrain
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 16 2010, 02:17 AM) *
He's actually won the #1 contender spot for the IBF Jr. WW title after winning his last fight.

Guess he deserves one now... dntknw.gif

Looks like he needs to go against Kaizer Mabuza for that coveted IBF crown, with a belt he might not have to fight in England LOL.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 16 2010, 10:11 AM) *
Looks like he needs to go against Kaizer Mabuza for that coveted IBF crown, with a belt he might not have to fight in England LOL.

Khans next fight will be in england. Id be surprised if judah at this stage made a fuss about that and talked his way out the fight. Im sure there would be plenty other guys more than willing to make the fight.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 16 2010, 11:54 AM) *
For Zab, at this stage of his career, a shot at Khan in Wembly or some such is beyond his expectations. I'm sure he saw a couple of things that he believes he can exploit in the Khan v Maidana fight . . . and $ signs are where his pupils once resided.

$ signs indeed, would be very very surprised if it was at wembley or anywhere close to that big. MEN arena (Manchester) would be my bet, and probably with a decent undercard to ensure it gets filled. Dont forget, Khan doesnt have anything like the fanbase of the likes of Hatton or Calzaghe
King Eugene
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 16 2010, 05:11 AM) *

I personally think he should try to win that belt so he'd have some type of leverage in a unification match. Plus it would make it more interesting.
BrutalBodyShots
Why do we bother even talking about Zab Judah any longer?

The guy is like 1-6 in "big fights"
EpTXCHAMP
People become fans here sometimes still trying to defend a pac vs mosely fight smh not_i.gif ....Differences between zab and mosely: zab=33 shane=40 that should be the end of the story but I'll keep going zab is fighting someone who's chin and really boxing skill overall is still unproven while Shane is fighting the best fighter in the world. I dont expect zab to take more than 2-4 rounds but that should be more than shane flinching Mosley will take from Pac...

Think Gravy or someone said it but Zab should just go for that IBF strap with Mabuza because it gives him leverage and time to see what happens with bradley/Alexander think he is selling himself short taking the quick payday and having to go to the U.K
gravytrain
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Dec 16 2010, 12:31 PM) *
People become fans here sometimes still trying to defend a pac vs mosely fight smh not_i.gif ....Differences between zab and mosely: zab=33 shane=40 that should be the end of the story but I'll keep going zab is fighting someone who's chin and really boxing skill overall is still unproven while Shane is fighting the best fighter in the world. I dont expect zab to take more than 2-4 rounds but that should be more than shane flinching Mosley will take from Pac...

Think Gravy or someone said it but Zab should just go for that IBF strap with Mabuza because it gives him leverage and time to see what happens with bradley/Alexander think he is selling himself short taking the quick payday and having to go to the U.K

I was joking around about the IBF belt. People were saying the title elim for the #2 spots with the IBF and WBO legitimizes the fight but if anything I think Ortiz is in line with the WBA. I think if Judah really wanted a comeback he'd fight for the vacant IBF belt, this fight with Khan makes me think he's just looking to get paid. Like you say, having a belt gives him more leverage.

Unlike some I think Khan has proven himself to be one of the better fighters at 140, not the best but top 3. He dominated Malignaggi and in my opinion defeated the person that's supposed to be his kryptonite by a point, that kryptonite was one of the top fighters in the division too.

Zab Judah: No significant wins in 6 years by the time of the Khan fight, recent opposition has been horrible other than Matthysse who's only significant win is Vivian Harris, and in my opinion Matthysse had him by a point. He's a 33 year old fighter on a "comeback" that barely beat someone not even close to being an elite fighter at 140.

Shane Mosley: Faced better opposition over the years than Judah, has a significant win[Margarito], dominated by the person I've as P4P #1, and got a draw while moving up to face a bigger person who ran most of the fight. And to be honest Mora is a better opponent at 154 than what Judah has faced at 140 and Mosley went up in weight to fight him as an old ass man.

How are they different? They're both money fights. At least Mosley has actually beat a quality opponent in the last 2 years before his Pac fight.

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 16 2010, 07:20 AM) *
I personally think he should try to win that belt so he'd have some type of leverage in a unification match. Plus it would make it more interesting.

I don't think he'll go for the IBF strap, he's probably going to take the Khan fight as soon as he can.

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Dec 16 2010, 06:34 AM) *
Khans next fight will be in england. Id be surprised if judah at this stage made a fuss about that and talked his way out the fight. Im sure there would be plenty other guys more than willing to make the fight.

Judah might even get a little bonus for going over to the UK. And to be honest I think this fight is only so Khan can have a nice victory at home and be committed to a fight before Bradley/Alexander.
kingknockout
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 16 2010, 12:05 AM) *
Same situation, Khan is supposed to be one of the premier fighters in the division and he could pick anyone at 140. He's fighting Judah? Judah hasn't even done anything to be relevant, the only thing he's right now is past accomplishments. Judah's best victory as of late is someone who's last 5 opponents are either a bum[Vivian Harris] or unknowns. That's a step down for someone making a case for #1 at 140.

I like Pac/Mosley more actually, Mosley probably has more moments with Pac than Judah does with Khan LOL. Khan/Maidana were two of the top fighters in the sport on their way up, Judah/Matthysse is a fight between someone who really has no accomplishments in the past 5 years and a fighter who's best opponents is the person with no significant victories[other than Matthysse] in the past 5 years.

Not the WBA, IBF and WBO. Maybe Bradley can send one of these dudes out of the sport? lol.

Khan doesn't need Judah and Khan has already graduated. If anything Judah should be thanking Khan for the opportunity. Khan is already one of the top 140lb fighters, will probably be Mayweather's opponent if he doesn't fight Pac, and has accomplished more at 140 recently than Judah has.

LOL come on man, are you seriously comparing Judah to Maidana?

A lot of cats should be getting shots at fighters but promoters make the decisions. GBP wants Khan in with Mayweather and it'd be good exposure for Khan win or lose, which he'll lose. He'll still be young so he can rebound and probably wont be beaten so badly that he'll look irrelevant. Somebody needs to carry that GBP banner when Mayweather is gone, which Mayweather probably has 2 fights left, so who better than Khan? They'll put them two together sooner or later.

I think Khan takes Judah then depending on how the winner of Bradley/Alexander wins they either wait them out or go with JMM or Ortiz.

what purpose is that? it's another clear victory against an overmatched fighter only this isn't going to be a PPV.

will NOT happen, name isnt big enough yet, and if you think home boy is a big ppv draw than im already done.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Dec 16 2010, 11:31 AM) *

what do we know about mabuza?... ive never seen him fight... judging by zabs last outing if mabuza is any good zab will have a fight on his hands...
kingknockout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 16 2010, 06:13 PM) *
Dude. Mayweather fought Marquez. Khan is more marketable than him. If it doesn't happen, it isn't because his name isn't 'big enough'.

rolleyes_anim.gif

what i meant fitz is that marquez has been in the game for awhile....LONGER than khan....people know marquez....hard boxing fans.....Khan is a new face....is HE NOT? you telling me this guy BEEN around?

mayweather isn't going to fight someone like that, and the ppv won't be chicken shit....the average boxing fan doesn't know that guy like say a cotto, or paul williams.
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 16 2010, 06:16 PM) *
what do we know about mabuza?... ive never seen him fight... judging by zabs last outing if mabuza is any good zab will have a fight on his hands...

I watched his fight with Kendall Holt, it'll be a fight between Mabuza and Judah. He looked to be bigger than Holt, I think he gives Judah more trouble than Matthysse did too. For what it's worth Holt's corner stopped it because he was shutout and not coming back.

QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 16 2010, 06:20 PM) *
what i meant fitz is that marquez has been in the game for awhile....LONGER than khan....people know marquez....hard boxing fans.....Khan is a new face....is HE NOT? you telling me this guy BEEN around?

mayweather isn't going to fight someone like that, and the ppv won't be chicken shit....the average boxing fan doesn't know that guy like say a cotto, or paul williams.

Boxing fans know Marquez, the people putting all the money into PPVs don't. Mayweather did 1 million buys with Marquez when he came out of retirement too so I'm thinking Money May wont really give a fuck. A payday is better than no payday, especially when you make millions.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 16 2010, 06:13 PM) *
Dude. Mayweather fought Marquez. Khan is more marketable than him. If it doesn't happen, it isn't because his name isn't 'big enough'.

rolleyes_anim.gif

I don't know, you think the millions of American Muslims would hear the name "Amir Khan" and a few of them might want to see him in a big fight? If he stops Judah then Khan stopped the person Mayweather took to decision too lol.

QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 16 2010, 06:07 PM) *
will NOT happen, name isnt big enough yet, and if you think home boy is a big ppv draw than im already done.

Who else does Mayweather have to fight if not Pac? You think he's going to fight Martinez after Martinez whooped Williams' ass? lol. GBP is already pushing for the fight and he's probably a bigger draw than Berto or the winner of Bradley/Alexander.
King Eugene
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 16 2010, 06:20 PM) *

I have to disagree with you here. That would be a pretty big fight. I highly doubt if Marquez went to the UK to fight a bunch of Mexicans would load up and travel over to support him but you best believe the fans of the UK will load up Ricky Hatton style(not quite as many but still a good bit) and come to the US to support their guy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.