Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How far they fall
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
stateofthegame
Isn't funny how Jeff Lacy only a few years ago was all the talk but now after a losing to Calzaghe, Taylor, and Jones no one even mentioned the fact that he had a comeback fight after his shoulder surgery Saturday night against a 23-19-7 fighter named Dhafir Smith in St. Pete losing a decision.

Used to even this would have been at least mentioned somewhere on the board so at least everyone could laugh or at least make wisecrack comments. I guess Jeff Lacy really has fallen off the map, I mean I even still see people talking about Jermain every now and then.
Spyder
QUOTE (stateofthegame @ Dec 15 2010, 05:31 PM) *
Isn't funny how Jeff Lacy only a few years ago was all the talk but now after a losing to Calzaghe, Taylor, and Jones no one even mentioned the fact that he had a comeback fight after his shoulder surgery Saturday night against a 23-19-7 fighter named Dhafir Smith in St. Pete losing a decision.

Used to even this would have been at least mentioned somewhere on the board so at least everyone could laugh or at least make wisecrack comments. I guess Jeff Lacy really has fallen off the map, I mean I even still see people talking about Jermain every now and then.

He was fighting 5 minutes from my house, and I went to the TSO show instead.
BrutalBodyShots
Lacy was one of those guys that had the look/physique of a monster fighter back when he was knocking lesser competition out... then he lost all of those LOPSIDED decisions when he tried to step it up. His fights with Jones, Calzaghe and Taylor he barely won any rounds out of all of those fights combined. He's gone over 5 years without getting a KO, even after going back to lesser competition.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 16 2010, 01:17 AM) *
Calzaghe broke his spirits.

That beating tramautized his career. Nobody talks about him because he hasn't really been doing shit except getting beat whenever on even a moderately competitive stage. We talk about fighters past their careers because they were great and Jeff Lacy always had a question mark on his greatness before the Calzaghe fight. Now we know.
D-MARV
Calzaghe slapped his ass around the ring and took his soul. Lacy was alot of hype to begin with but Calzaghe beat the shit out of that poor young man.
thehype
Who?

dntknw.gif
alaganza
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 16 2010, 12:37 AM) *
Who?

dntknw.gif

Wow. That's cold.

I used to say until Lacy beat someone like Calzaghe beat him it counts as a loss in my book. I guess he'll never get to get his win back against anyone.

This fight had to be pretty lopsided to lose a decision at home against this type of opponent.
SENTRAL
Poor Jeff Lacy. Funny how he was seen as such a great win for Calzaghe, when in hindsight, Joe didn't have much to beat. Jeff looked the part at one time but it turned out he was never much more than an average journeyman. This defeat signals the end of his career.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Dec 16 2010, 01:14 PM) *
Poor Jeff Lacy. Funny how he was seen as such a great win for Calzaghe, when in hindsight, Joe didn't have much to beat. Jeff looked the part at one time but it turned out he was never much more than an average journeyman. This defeat signals the end of his career.

In truth I think his career has been over for some time, hopefully this signals the end to HIM.
kingknockout
I use to be a fan of dude, I wanted him to do great things, he never recovered after that joe fight.

it's like he was a mini mike without all of the skills..........he was all offense, straight relied on his power.....and got beat by someone more skilled than him over and over....most fighters need defense in boxing to go far.....and the ones that lack it, get's to the top every now and then but that's for a brief minute.
JLUVBABY
calslappy beat the blackness off him... i mean that was a good ol fasahion southern style as whipping.. that was supposed to be his spring board fight and he got spring boarded into palookaville.... lol... i saw a pic of him at the weigh in and he didnt look like himself... the cal fight took all the fight out of him...
caneman
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 18 2010, 06:21 PM) *
calslappy beat the blackness off him... i mean that was a good ol fasahion southern style as whipping.. that was supposed to be his spring board fight and he got spring boarded into palookaville.... lol... i saw a pic of him at the weigh in and he didnt look like himself... the cal fight took all the fight out of him...

what he look like?
The Original MrFactor
For all the crap we're giving Lacy now, he had some great and entertaining fights on Showtime. He was a very likable kid and he left it all in the ring. I do think it was Calzaghe that broke him. He was never the same guy after that fight took the fight out of him. He was pretty well spoken and intuitive. Wonder why he never got tapped to do commentary for showtime.
Lil-lightsout
I can not lie, I loved Lacy coming up. He was a lot of fun to watch. Man it is a damn shame how quickly he fell apart. His down fall was he was just too one dimensional, and he never progressed at all.

I saw the pic of him for his last fight and I really could not recognize him.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Dec 18 2010, 05:29 PM) *
what he look like?

lol.. unless they posted the wrong picture of him on fightnews he looked completely different... lol... man you know i get a lil wasted cane... but they had a picture up of him and his opponent... he looked like that physique he once had was bout gone... he was sporting pork chop sideburns... just looked like an opponent actually.. his face wasnt gleaming with confidence like an ex champ should have been...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 19 2010, 02:31 AM) *
I can not lie, I loved Lacy coming up. He was a lot of fun to watch. Man it is a damn shame how quickly he fell apart. His down fall was he was just too one dimensional, and he never progressed at all.

I saw the pic of him for his last fight and I really could not recognize him.

i was a fan too ll... no doubt that calzaghe fight took the warrior out of him... man that didnt look a thing like him did it?... i was like wow where is jeff on this pic... lol...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.