Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Say what?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Sunni6Killer
"Lucian Bute's next fight, the first on his new deal with Showtime @ShoSports, is supposed to be March 19. Possible opponent: Brian Magee."

Dan Rafael tweet.
salvador
Showtime's grand gesture of love to establish a long friendship with a guy who fills arenas fighting guys like Andrade.

Showtime wants to capitalize on the tournament by locking down a "megafight/minor-megafight" for the winner against the only guy in the division who can fill an arena. Look for Bute to have at least one more "stay busy" fight on Showtime before then.

lloyd mayflower
Fuck Brian Magee, feed him James Degale, and fast! He just beat Paul Smith which should really put him right under Magee. Please make that fight happen!
salvador
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 16 2010, 09:30 PM) *
Of course it's going to be stay busy fights. Who else is he going to fight at 168 when every relevant guy at super middle is in the tournament. He is the IBF champion, and these are the rankings.

There isn't anyone for him to fight at 168 salvador, they are either locked, or he has already fought most of the guys. You are being hard on him, as I have seen you bring this up in the past. He just can't pull out opponents magically out of thin air.

I'm not being hard on him, I think he's got great management. He's been one of the biggest draws in the division since 2005 and the only real names on his resume are a spent Joppy, a greatly diminished Miranda, and Bika. It's not like he couldn't have gotten bigger names during that time like Kessler, Taylor, Hopkins, or Pavlik. He's like Calzaghe in that. Now Bute's 30 and he's obviously going to step up against the winner of the tournament and hopefully Froch as well if Froch loses. In the meantime he's going to get Showtime exposure and Showtime money for fighting tomato cans that will make him look like King Kong.

Seriously, he might have the best management in boxing. And if there's any doubt as to the thoroughness/professionalism of his management team, watch the last 20 seconds of the first Andrade fight again and you won't have any doubt, because they CLEARLY paid Marlon Wright something extra before the match.

Sunni6Killer
Marlon Wright is just a sh***y ref.
salvador
Fitz,

I happen to like Bute and his style. But I also happen to think it's unfair that he's such a big star without having fought anyone of consequence (I know, life is unfair and 60% or of the world's population lives without electricity or running water 42 years after the lunar landing ect.). And I believe that Marlon Wright was bought off.

You're right that 2005 was a little early to be criticizing him for opponent choice (though he did have a long amateur career), but it's frustrating to see someone with his talent and the excitement he brings to the sport fighting guys like Jesse Brinkley when he could be doing/risking so much more. And the fact that he's able to fill sporting arenas fighting nobodies is a big part of the reason he's not fighting the top guys.

I think Froch-Bute is probably the best matchup at 168 and I'd take Froch by ko. I hope we see it.
The CEO
QUOTE (salvador @ Dec 17 2010, 11:40 AM) *
I'm not being hard on him, I think he's got great management. He's been one of the biggest draws in the division since 2005 and the only real names on his resume are a spent Joppy, a greatly diminished Miranda, and Bika. It's not like he couldn't have gotten bigger names during that time like Kessler, Taylor, Hopkins, or Pavlik. He's like Calzaghe in that. Now Bute's 30 and he's obviously going to step up against the winner of the tournament and hopefully Froch as well if Froch loses. In the meantime he's going to get Showtime exposure and Showtime money for fighting tomato cans that will make him look like King Kong.

Seriously, he might have the best management in boxing. And if there's any doubt as to the thoroughness/professionalism of his management team, watch the last 20 seconds of the first Andrade fight again and you won't have any doubt, because they CLEARLY paid Marlon Wright something extra before the match.

These.

Motherfuckers.

Brian McGee??

For me, it doesn't matter who was or wasn't "available"...it's all about who's ON his resume, and where it's all taking place....Calzaghe LITE.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.