Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime:Pascal-Hopkins@10ET/9CT,7PM: SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Jack 1000
For all on-going and post-fight reactions to the fight. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Method
First.

Hopkins by UD/Late Stoppage.

Too complete, too skilled for Pascal.

Pascal is going to taste canvas. Pascal will likely be cut by a clash of heads.

Pascal lunges in throwing wild lumber. Hopkins has superior footwork and defense, the likes of which Pascal has never seen.

Pascal doesnt have the jab to diffuse like Taylor did, nor does Pascal have the ability to fight 3 minutes of every round ala Joe Calz.

Pascal will be swinging and missing w the shots he was able to land against a lesser Dawson. He will be gassed.

WAR EX!

Praximo
Pascal almost lost against Dawson as he tried to come back as being the aggressive fighter in the late rounds. But the nasty cut on his eye caused him.

However I believe B-Hop has a solid chance to either win by Dec or late stoppage, because Pascal is not a 12 round guy, he gets tired and Dawson exposed that. And plus Hopkins dirty house tactics hahaha.

But yeah overall Hopkins boxing skills is far more superior and Pascal can get hurt as hell.
KookedKrack
Bhop is about to take this title the ski mask way...hopefully this will be a mauling.
KookedKrack
shok.gif
KookedKrack
Hopkins down in the 1st
KookedKrack
hopkins down in the 3rd
Box in Hand
I turned the fight off. I could see Hops getting hit with shit he never used to get hit with. I like him too much.
HaydelHammer
wow. young man dropping grenades it seems
KookedKrack
cray.gif

feelsbadman

I don't like this at all.
HaydelHammer
pascal (as usual) will be running on a quarter tank from here on out. Hop can speed up that process with more body work imo.
KookedKrack
Pascal seems to be running out of steam...
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 18 2010, 10:52 PM) *
Pascal seems to be running out of steam...

that is his M.O. ..always been that way. He'll be pushing himself from here on out as he always has, but Hopkins can actually press and finish pascal imo any round from here on out. ...same with Dawson...all he had to do was push pascal off that cliff.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Dec 18 2010, 11:49 PM) *
pascal (as usual) will be running on a quarter tank from here on out. Hop can speed up that process with more body work imo.

as you said that all body work in the 7th
HaydelHammer
bernard can finish this dude imo anytime he wants...he'll break him down and finish pascal. As soon as pascal even tries to push himself, he'll drain his tank clean...then it's really over for him.

funny thing is this is the same thing dawson had to do and he for some reason didn't do it.
KookedKrack
better round for Pascal but he looks like he is getting frustrated in there..
Method
I got Rounds 2,4,5,6,7,9 for Ex.

Obviously 1,3 Pascal.

8 was tough to score.
The CEO
It's been all Hopkins since round 4....up 1 point after 9.

Take it on home, Legend.
KookedKrack
Looked horrible the first three and has taken him to school since.....Canada better do whats right and hand that man his title.
Method
10 tough to score.

11 ALL HOPKINS.

The CEO
It's too close...Hopkins MUST knock him out to win here.
HaydelHammer
finish him bernard
Method
Hopkins round 12. Last minute and a half was sloppy on both.

Let me tell you what.

Pascal pulled a DLH after the 3rd round.
The CEO
Do what you gotta do, Canada...
gravytrain
Majority Draw. I just made some money off this shit lol. thank you judges. personally i think Hopkins won but damn I'm happy for a draw.
HaydelHammer
Let me translate that look on pascal face "I don't want no rematch"
Box in Hand
The fucking ugly side of boxing showed tonight. Hopkins won that shit.
The CEO
Majority DRAW!...incredible.

Props to Canada for showing some Honor.....that surprised me.
Imperius3
Pure bullshit.

Hopkins weathered the storm after the first 3 rounds, and after that it was ALL Hopkins. I had that shit 9-3 Hopkins. For Hopkins to put on a performance like that is unbelievable. It was spectacular, and then for those bastards to rob him like that. Unbelievable.
TheFonz
Pascal won the 12, Pascal won the fight.....
KookedKrack
Pascal looked like his soul was taken tonight in the post fight interview with Jim Grey.
HaydelHammer
that was some master boxing by Bernard. Bernard knew exactly what he had to do after he got dropped in 3rd and immediately started investing in the body and did it from that moment forward to the end. You don't see that in boxing anymore. Adjusted his game plan on the fly under the circumstances and still got a draw and should have won.

As for pascal....yall saw that look on his face.
caneman
BHop won that fight 114-112 IMO! The knockdowns killed him! That old man can fight!!!!!!!!!!!
gravytrain
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Dec 18 2010, 11:29 PM) *
Pure bullshit.

Hopkins weathered the storm after the first 3 rounds, and after that it was ALL Hopkins. I had that shit 9-3 Hopkins. For Hopkins to put on a performance like that is unbelievable. It was spectacular, and then for those bastards to rob him like that. Unbelievable.

I think 114-112 for Hopkins was really fair and was the right thing. i didn't see him getting that decision or split decision in Canada though. Hopkins really deserves his respect for winning this fight though, Hopkins won this shit without a doubt.
Box in Hand
Pascal and his camp looked just like Taylor and his camp did after the first fight with Hops. They clearly know they lost and Respect to Hops cause I turned the fight off after the 3rd round thinking he was done came back only to see Hops take Pascal to school. Respect to Pascal for flooring Hops which hasn't bee done since Segundo Mercado many years ago. Pascal did lose though.
gravytrain
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 18 2010, 11:36 PM) *
Pascal looked like his soul was taken tonight in the post fight interview with Jim Grey.

instead of the Executioner he needs to start calling himself Shang Tsung.

that shit was funny when Pascal said "i'll give him a rematch whenever", then when asked when he'd fight him again it changed to "well i've to talk to my...".
KookedKrack
Chris Mannix from sports illustrated just tweeted this...

# From what it looks--repeat, looks--like the changes cost Hopkins. But we don't know the source of the whiteout yet. Officials investigating 4 minutes ago via web

# There is also white out on the first round on the Belgian's card. If that was corrected, Hopkins would have lost his card. But won on two. 5 minutes ago via web

# What I'm seeing, someone whited out the eighth round in Canadian judge card. Bernard would have won the fight 5 minutes ago via web

# Controversy: There is white out on two spots on the official scorecard. Looking at original now. 8 minutes ago via web
Box in Hand
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 18 2010, 10:36 PM) *

Guaranteed Pascal won't be the same after this. They never are after going to school with the old lion.
The CEO
Notice it took a while to get the cards in.....that's the only Decision they could give to avoid more controversy....they're trying to build up their Boxing up there...
HaydelHammer
...and they need to please stop this roy jones comparison with pascal....wtf is that all about?
The CEO
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 18 2010, 11:41 PM) *
Chris Mannix from sports illustrated just tweeted this...

# From what it looks--repeat, looks--like the changes cost Hopkins. But we don't know the source of the whiteout yet. Officials investigating 4 minutes ago via web

# There is also white out on the first round on the Belgian's card. If that was corrected, Hopkins would have lost his card. But won on two. 5 minutes ago via web

# What I'm seeing, someone whited out the eighth round in Canadian judge card. Bernard would have won the fight 5 minutes ago via web

# Controversy: There is white out on two spots on the official scorecard. Looking at original now. 8 minutes ago via web

Those motherfuckers......
gravytrain
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 18 2010, 11:41 PM) *
Notice it took a while to get the cards in.....that's the only Decision they could give to avoid more controversy....they're trying to build up their Boxing up there...

it'd be hard to hype Bute/Pascal when Pascal gets schooled by an old ass man and loses. i know you cats heard the boos when the card for Hopkins got announced.

i guess it's ok that he got schooled by an old man and got a draw though LOL
The CEO
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Dec 18 2010, 11:42 PM) *
...and they need to please stop this roy jones comparison with pascal....wtf is that all about?

Them talkin' shit...lol....I think I'm on point with my Andre Berto comparison...

Pascal has a better chin and is a liiiittle bit smarter....but that ain't a compliment...lol
PR316
Bullshit decision.

Hopkins won every round after the 3rd. Clearly outworking and hurting Pascal several times. Knockdowns were bullshit of course and Pascal should have lost a point at least once for those rabbit punches.

I can't believe Chad lost to this guy looking at it now. Just goes to show that Sad Chad is not elite either.

Hopkins should have never went to his hometown. Thats what I was worried about when this fight was announced.
Imperius3
I didn't think the rounds were tight after the third. Hopkins was clearly hurting Pascal with his shots, whereas Pascal's punches were bigger, but they weren't having any effect on Hopkins.

As for the knockdowns, the first one should not have been counted, it was an illegal punch. The second knockdown was legit, took Hopkins by surprise, but didn't hurt him.
tymoney
B-Hop 9-3.. Bernard whooped his ass.. Plain and simple!
The CEO
Any more updates on The Canadian Corruption, Krack?
D-MARV
Hops won 9 rounds... 8 rounds at worst.

Hopkins does it again! He schooled the fuck out of Pascal and that shit wasn't even close. There is NO possible way that this fight could have been a draw. NO FUCKING WAY!
HaydelHammer
pascal know that old man was working his a$$ starting in 3rd after the knockdown when he started working that body...then started landing over hand rights...then short straight rights falling in on him....broke his a$$ down. that is why pascal had that look on his face...he couldn't believe he got his a$$ worked over by an old man like that after he dropped him earlier.

KookedKrack
# Golden Boy execs are flying around here trying to get answers. I'm going to presser, will report info as I get it. 11 minutes ago via web

^That was the last one

I mean a judge is allowed to change their mind but shit 2 judges are going to change their mind and that exact change is what cost Hopkins the fight.thumbsdown_anim.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.