Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime:Pascal-Hopkins@10ET/9CT,7PM: SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
SmartyBeardo
Round 9. Big right to the head. combo by hops. nice jabs hops. digging to the body. good right good left hops. good jabs. digs to the bod, beautifully. big big right . another right. Pascal lands one left. lands right pascal. combo hops. combo hops. dominated by hops.

85-85.
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 19 2010, 02:01 AM) *
Round 8. Hops moves forward and fires. Nice jabs. Pascal looks confused. Nice right hops pascal lands one shot. Hops jab is the key to his body work. Pascal being more aggressive but not much. Pascal may have stolen that round in the end.

76-75 Pascal.

i think you are gonna have it 115-112 bro!
SmartyBeardo
Round 10. Good L hook Hops. body action. good right hops. big right hops. hops mugging pascal. good rights another right. good left Pascal. They trade rights and lefts. good jabs hops. nice right pascal good right and left hops. close round. Hops gets it for combos and jabs and body work.

95-94 Hopkins.
SmartyBeardo
round 11. Hopkins the agressor. good rights hops. pascal fires back. hops right hand. left hook. right hand body shot all hops. They exchange inside. Hops much busier. Greatleft jab and right hand to bod by hops another right hand. Pascal lands 3 uppercuts while hops lands again.

105-103 Hopkins.

Method
Hopefully the decision changes w the replay. Haha.
BrutalBodyShots
Interestingly, had Hopkins not been knocked down twice... this would have been another typical 118-110 or so type Hopkins fight just like Tarver, Joppy, Eastman, Allen, Ornelas, Echols, Holmes, etc.
SmartyBeardo
Hopkins comes out firing. mugging. exchanging. Hops keeps coming forward. pascal hanging. Hopkins big big combo. good right Pascal and he ties hops up again. big right big lefthops decent counters pascal. hops the aggressor. clubbing with the right. hops took the kid to school and paddled him.

115-112 Hopkins HOF and member of The GOAT Club.

I was more than fair to Pascal. I called 2 even. I called round three 10-8 for Pascal.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Method @ Dec 18 2010, 11:15 PM) *
Hopefully the decision changes w the replay. Haha.

LOL, it got worse for Pascal on my card.

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 18 2010, 11:16 PM) *
Interestingly, had Hopkins not been knocked down twice... this would have been another typical 118-110 or so type Hopkins fight just like Tarver, Joppy, Eastman, Allen, Ornelas, Echols, Holmes, etc.

I completely agree.
Jack 1000
This was an INCREDIBLE performance for a mid-40 year old former champion. The way that he came back to dominate most of the later rounds after two knockdowns against him was great.

In fact, the knockdowns against him cost him the fight. I still had Hopkins up 8-4, which I guess with the two 10-8's against him would be 114-112 Hopkins. Pascal is still a good fighter, but Hopkins should have won this fight. What a great 12-round! (I mean considering Bernard's age and everything.)

Good fight!

Jack
SmartyBeardo
Fuck Tarver. It was only close because of the back of the head round 1 cuff KD.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (caneman @ Dec 18 2010, 11:07 PM) *
i think you are gonna have it 115-112 bro!

You were on the money, caneman.
BrutalBodyShots
Pascal's eyes to me looked glassy from about round 6 on. Almost like he got hurt and never recovered. He looked like this both while fighting and while on his stool in between rounds.
Jack 1000
The cards have been double-checked and came out fine. The white-out was an error when the copies of the copies of the cards given to the media were incorrect. Story here:

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33996

Jack
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 18 2010, 11:29 PM) *
Pascal's eyes to me looked glassy from about round 6 on. Almost like he got hurt and never recovered. He looked like this both while fighting and while on his stool in between rounds.

I think he was just confused by the fact the old man would not go away.
SmartyBeardo
Considering the two KDs, this cannot be considered a full on robbery, IMO. But, BHop won that shit dudes.
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 19 2010, 02:29 AM) *
You were on the money, caneman.

Yea our cards were very close and after thinking about I did score it 115-112 cause BHop was winning round 3 and the KD made it 10-9 and 115=112 but I had no rounds even!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (caneman @ Dec 18 2010, 11:39 PM) *
Yea our cards were very close and after thinking about I did score it 115-112 cause BHop was winning round 3 and the KD made it 10-9 and 115=112 but I had no rounds even!

Yeah, I gave Pascal the even round for the 2nd, because it was close and I figured I ought to compensate for my slightly subconscious favoritism. I also gave Pascal 10-8 in the 3rd. But I only gave Pascal one round after that.
BrutalBodyShots
I wouldn't call this fight a robbery... I mean it was a couple of point fight. Had the knockdowns not happened and the decision was a draw I'd say that's a robbery.
The Original MrFactor
Well, what can i say... How many times is this guy gonna beat the odds. Hopkins is awesome!! Dude took this young buck to the woodshed. He was down early. I think only one of the knockdowns was legit. He took it and came back to win damn near every round after the second knockdown. There used to be a question as to who's legacy is greater, Hopkins or Jones... is this still even a question?? With every victory after the age of 40, Hopkins puts himself up above his contemporaries. When we talk about the greatest single fighter of an era, Hopkins name should be mentioned, for sure. He deserved the win tonite.

I also laughed my ass off when they asked Pascal about a rematch. He said, sure anytime. Then not even 2 seconds(literally) later, he backtracked and said I have to talk to my people. Shut up and give the man a rematch... In the US...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Wow, what a dissapointing decision. I just watched the replay, and I thought Hopkins won clearly 114-112. The only round that I thought Pascal won after 3 was 10, and even that was extremely close. I gave Pascal the first 3 rounds, but without those knockdowns, he may not even win those rounds. Hopkins fought great, and I'm sure he'll fight on. I just can't believe he is performing at such a high level for a 46 year old man. That is unbelievable, and more power to him. He took it too Pascal tonight and earned that victory.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Dec 18 2010, 11:52 PM) *
Wow, what a dissapointing decision. I just watched the replay, and I thought Hopkins won clearly 114-112. The only round that I thought Pascal won after 3 was 10, and even that was extremely close. I gave Pascal the first 3 rounds, but without those knockdowns, he may not even win those rounds. Hopkins fought great, and I'm sure he'll fight on. I just can't believe he is performing at such a high level for a 46 year old man. That is unbelievable, and more power to him. He took it too Pascal tonight and earned that victory.

I agree. He will fight on, and rightly so. Bernard Hopkins is a genetic freak of nature. Much respect to BHop.
BrutalBodyShots
I think Hopkins takes a rematch 117-111 or wider and POSSIBLY even stops Pascal late.

I think the fight would almost resemble the first, just with a few minor differences.

For Pascal, I think mentally he comes into this one weaker knowing in his mind he got busted up and should have lost the first fight. As a result I think he fights even more tentative than the first time around. And that's scary considering he only threw 30 punches per round tonight. When the going gets tough around the mid rounds I'm not quite sure he is able to weather the storm to the final bell this time.

For Hopkins, I think he does everything exactly as he did in the first fight except he now is more aware of Pascal's speed/style and doesn't get knocked down early, or at all. I also think he'll go to the body earlier than the 3rd round in a rematch after watching the tape and seeing how effective it was.

Method
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt...le&id=34000

By Thomas Hauser

A champion shouldn’t retain his title when he wins three of twelve rounds in a title fight. But that’s the gift that two judges bestowed upon Jean Pascal in Quebec City on Saturday night.

Watching a fight on television is different from being there. I viewed Pascal-Hopkins from the comfort of my living room. One presumes that the judges had a better view of the action than I did. That said; I think Bernard won the fight.

Pascal scored flash knockdowns in the first and third rounds. Take away those knockdowns, and Hopkins would have won both of those rounds on my scorecard. Rounds ten and twelve were close from where I sat. Other than that, I thought that Bernard clearly won every round.

Hopkins fought more aggressively than expected. Pascal attacks when his opponent isn’t attacking. Bernard went into the fight knowing that constant pressure was the key to keeping Jean from launching his own lunging assault. Hopkins was the aggressor throughout the night, raking hooks to the body augmented by occasional overhand rights. By the middle rounds, the fight had the look of Bernard’s 2006 beatdown of Antonio Tarver.

People talk about Pascal having a “granite” chin (which is overstating the case). He certainly doesn’t have a granite body. By round seven, Jean was a gun-shy, safety-first fighter. He was more competitive in rounds ten and twelve. Giving Pascal both of those rounds plus an extra point for each knockdown would have left him with a 114-112 deficit. I had it 115-111 for Hopkins.

Judge Steve Morrow scored the fight 114-112 for Bernard. Claude Paquette and Daniel Van de Wiele had it even. That’s strange scoring, given the fact that Hopkins had a 171-105 edge in punches landed and appeared to land the more damaging blows.

Prior to fighting Pascal, Hopkins was asked how he felt about fighting in Jean’s home province of Quebec.

“I'd rather be fighting in Canada than Ecuador,” Bernard answered.

That was a reference to 1994, the last time that Hopkins journeyed outside the United States, when he fought to a draw against Segundo Mercado in Quito.
Next time, Bernard might rather fight in Ecuador.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 19 2010, 02:57 AM) *
I agree. He will fight on, and rightly so. Bernard Hopkins is a genetic freak of nature. Much respect to BHop.

Yup. And let's not forget Hopkins has taken very little damage relative to most fighters, ESPECIALLY at his age over the years. In "ring years" he's certainly younger than 45. Until he gets soundly beaten or takes a lot of damage in a fight it's almost impossible to predict him to "get old over night" since he's seemingly defied that for a decade now.
kidbazooka1
The fight was close i had Hopkins winning but will not cry robbery Hopkins being Hopkins just waites too much he should have could have done more.
Lil-lightsout
Just got to watch the whole fight. Besides those two KD rounds against Hopkins, it is really hard to give Pascal any rounds to be honest. I just felt Bernard was busier, more effective, and controlled Pascal practically the whole fight in every round.

Also people should note Bernard seemed to fight a clean fight(except those late shots after the 3rd round i believe) , and I did not see any of his moaning and complaining that people say sometimes with him. I also loved after he was dropped both times he comes up smiling. Most fighters would be shaken up a bit and would discourage them. NOT Hopkins. I guarantee you mentally that fucked with Pascal also.

Man I can not get over how he does this. I do not remember punch numbers from Pascal's previous fights, but damn it seemed like Hops made Pascal barely do anything. I have seen Pascal plenty before and I thought he had a good work rate and would be too young and energetic for Bernard.

I really do not care for when people still bring up the Trinidad victory to not count out Hopkins, that was like 9 years ago! He is not the same man or fighter, he was considered old even back then, lol. BUT then he pulls this shit out of his ass(yet again) and you just need to realize how special this man is in the ring. Just unreal.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 19 2010, 03:24 AM) *
Just got to watch the whole fight. Besides those two KD rounds against Hopkins, it is really hard to give Pascal any rounds to be honest. I just felt Bernard was busier, more effective, and controlled Pascal practically the whole fight in every round.

Also people should note Bernard seemed to fight a clean fight(except those late shots after the 3rd round i believe) , and I did not see any of his moaning and complaining that people say sometimes with him. I also loved after he was dropped both times he comes up smiling. Most fighters would be shaken up a bit and would discourage them. NOT Hopkins. I guarantee you mentally that fucked with Pascal also.

Man I can not get over how he does this. I do not remember punch numbers from Pascal's previous fights, but damn it seemed like Hops made Pascal barely do anything. I have seen Pascal plenty before and I thought he had a good work rate and would be too young and energetic for Bernard.

I really do not care for when people still bring up the Trinidad victory to not count out Hopkins, that was like 9 years ago! He is not the same man or fighter, he was considered old even back then, lol. BUT then he pulls this shit out of his ass(yet again) and you just need to realize how special this man is in the ring. Just unreal.

I think it's hard for anyone not to think it's a robbery. Hopkins won this fight. Even when rounds were "close" it's because of Pascal's little flurries where he landed maybe 2 punches compared to Hopkins showing the ring generalship, landing more, and throwing more. Even with Pascal's knockdowns Hopkins clearly won.

Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 19 2010, 04:53 AM) *
On the bright side, I won money on the draw. Wooooooooooooo.

Fucking Fitz man. I owe you some money. I put $20 on a draw at +1700 because of your post. I won almost $500 from that. I'm a bit drunk right now, but on the real, I owe you some fucking money.

thumbsup_anim.gif
Snoop
Ok, more like $340, but I pushed on the straight Hopkins wins. Either way bro. I'm grateful.
mexi-cutioner
OHHHHHHHHHHH CANADA OUR HOME AND NATIVE LAND!!!!!!!! TRUE PATRIOT LOVE, IN ALL THY SONS COMMAND WITH GLOWING HEARTS WE SEEEEEEEE THE RISE THE TRUE NORTH STRONG AND FREE!!!!!!! FROM FAR AND WIDE OHHHH CANADA WE STAND ON GUARD FOR THEEEEEEEE GOD KEEEP OUR LAND GLORIOUS AND FREE OH CANADA WE STAND ON GUARD FOR THEE!!!!!!!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHH CANADA WE STAND ON GUARD FOR THEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Method @ Dec 19 2010, 02:50 AM) *
Of COURSE Tarver had animosity. Didnt you see the article on the front page that Tarver and SHO called up demanding it be taken down? Tarver said that he was gonna have a hard time w this assignment given his history w Ex.

Yeah, I found his scores funny. The entire fight after the rd round, he was basically scoring EVERY round for Hopkins, yet he ALWAYS had Pascal up by one round. "I give that round to Hopkins, but I still have Pascal up by one". "Again, another round for Hopkins, bu I have Pascal ahead by one point". Hell, by the end of the fight, Tarver was sucking hopkins dick, yet he now had Pascal up by TWO points. HAHAHA. WTF.

RE-LAPSE!

LMFAO! I was thinking the same thing. Tarver HAD to be going back and changing his early rounds. You'd think he'd be rooting for Hopkins, since it makes his own loss to him less of a personal embarrassment.

I had it 114-112 for Hop, with him sweeping rounds 4-11 handily. I agree with those who say Hopkins shouldn't have fought the 12th the way he did. He opened it up for Pascal to sneak away with some crucial points.

Still, no doubt who the winner was. Pascal knew it. That man needs a nice long vacation to start 2011.

And one day someone is going to knock Jim Gray the fuck out. And when they do, they will become my favorite person in the world.
D-MARV
Hopkins certainly showed signs of slowing down. He got hit with some flush shots last night that we're not used to see him getting hit with. Hopkins has an all time chin though so he usually returned fire after getting hit. I gave Pascal a 10-8 round in the 3rd but it could have easily been 10-9 as I thought Hopkins won most of the round. Rounds 4-12 were clearly Hopkins rounds (a few were close but still scored it for Hopkins).

P.S... Body shots were lethel. They fucked Pascal up.
The CEO
After watching a replay, I scored it the same as I did last night...

I gave Hopkins Rounds 4-9, 11, and 12...that makes it 114-112 Hopkins...another one of those close, but clear situations...

Hopkins did enough to take the belt from the champion, and Pascal did NOT do enough to deserve a Draw...
JLUVBABY
where does this place hopkins on the all time list?... im not sure what to say on this issue... one thing is for sure is what he is displaying in the ring at 45 you dont see much from modern day fighters... not even big george had hopkins skill set at 45... archie moore comes to mind when discussing fighters with longevity and fighting a prime fighting style at advanced ages... in my opinion when discussing the all time greats longevity (at the top of the game) is a key point that has to be discussed and hopkins at 45 soon to be 46 can def compete with the young guns of the division... and here is some food for thought on hopkins.. if he's only operating at lets say 75-80 percent of what he once was... imagine what a beast he was to watch when he was an under appreciated middleweight champion... and here is more food for thought on the guy... until roys jones first fight with tarver when he was obviously on the down slide of his career hopkins was the only fighter in jones career that fought basically on an even term with him even in losing... the guys reign as middleweight champion was something special to watch as he constantly brutalized top ranked opponent after opponent... my favorite fight still being that joe lipsy ko... man thats a classic. anyway as a long time fan of his i never thought he would be around this long... its crazy ive been watching this guy close to 20 years in the sport if not 20... he will be missed when he is gone... true master of his craft...

Method
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 19 2010, 11:42 AM) *
if he's only operating at lets say 75-80 percent of what he once was... imagine what a beast he was to watch when he was an under appreciated middleweight champion...

I don't have to imagine. I witnessed that shit first hand. To this day I still think one of his signature performances/ass kicking was vs. Glenn Johnson.

The difference between Hopkins and Big George, and this matter a LOT, is that its one thing to compete at heavyweight at an advanced age, the key being you dont need to be in any kind of shape and the fighters are slower, less skilled.

To compete at the middleweights at an advanced age against young guns? You need to be in shape, you need skills, you need smarts, reflexes.

I put SO MUCH more weight on Hopkins 40-something career than I do Big George's. Not even a comparison, really.
SmartyBeardo
After watching it a third time, I honestly can't say that Pascal was winning the 1st or 3rd before the "KDs". I don't think he clearly won any round but those two and they both could easily have been 10-9 rounds. But let's consider the scenarios that could have led to a draw.

1. If a judge gave Pascal 1, 2, 3, 10 and 12 with 1 and 3 being 10-8, it would have been 113-113.

That's it. Take the s off scenarios in the previous sentence.

But to be honest, the only surprise was that Pascal wasn't given the victory. That tells you just how lopsided this fight truly was.

Objectively, the KD in round 1 should not have been allowed, but even though it was the round should have been 10-9. Hopkins took 2. Hopkins dominated 3 until the flash KD (should have been 10-9). Hopkins won every round after 3, with 10 and 12 being close.

But let's assume I am as completely prejudiced as 90 plus % of the Canadian public is, though I have never liked BHop that much and the fact a fighter is from the USA does not effect my perception in any way at the pro level.

Let's give Pascal 10-8 in 1 and 3. Let's call 2 even and give him 10 and let's call 12 even. That is still 115-113 BHop.

BHop was the aggressor all night. He threw more all night. He landed more all night. He controlled the action all night.

I have never liked BHop that much. I never enjoyed watching his fights that much. This decision was bullshit and BHop is not just another HOFer, he graduates to ATG club with this victory.

Shameless Homers the Canadians are.
D-MARV
Hopkins has already held a high spot on the all-time list but I don't think last nights performance bumps him up much if at all. Pascal is overrated and even though the Old Man beat his ass I don't think it was a "Great" win/draw for Hopkins. Pascal is right on par with Berto... (actually I think Berto may be better) and he'll never be considered a great fighter.

Sadly, Hopkins will never have the chance to spank his son again. Pascal has to fight Dawson again. I decided that I will take the 340 dollars I won from last nights fight and put it all on Dawson-Pascal II. Dawson will own this bum next time around.
Method
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 19 2010, 11:58 AM) *
After watching it a third time, I honestly can't say that Pascal was winning the 1st or 3rd before the "KDs". I don't think he clearly won any round but those two and they both could easily have been 10-9 rounds. But let's consider the scenarios that could have led to a draw.

1. If a judge gave Pascal 1, 2, 3, 10 and 12 with 1 and 3 being 10-8, it would have been 113-113.

That's it. Take the s off scenarios in the previous sentence.

But to be honest, the only surprise was that Pascal wasn't given the victory. That tells you just how lopsided this fight truly was.

Objectively, the KD in round 1 should not have been allowed, but even though it was the round should have been 10-9. Hopkins took 2. Hopkins dominated 3 until the flash KD (should have been 10-9). Hopkins won every round after 3, with 10 and 12 being close.

But let's assume I am as completely prejudiced as 90 plus % of the Canadian public is, though I have never liked BHop that much and the fact a fighter is from the USA does not effect my perception in any way at the pro level.

Let's give Pascal 10-8 in 1 and 3. Let's call 2 even and give him 10 and let's call 12 even. That is still 115-113 BHop.

BHop was the aggressor all night. He threw more all night. He landed more all night. He controlled the action all night.

I have never liked BHop that much. I never enjoyed watching his fights that much. This decision was bullshit and BHop is not just another HOFer, he graduates to ATG club with this victory.

Shameless Homers the Canadians are.
Bro - EXACTLY. Hopkins was winning the rounds he got "kd" in. The KD in rnd one shld not have been ruled. Oh well. The KD in rnd 3 was a 10-9 rnd. Oh well.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 19 2010, 11:00 AM) *
Hopkins has already held a high spot on the all-time list but I don't think last nights performance bumps him up much if at all. Pascal is overrated and even though the Old Man beat his ass I don't think it was a "Great" win/draw for Hopkins. Pascal is right on par with Berto... (actually I think Berto may be better) and he'll never be considered a great fighter.

Sadly, Hopkins will never have the chance to spank his son again. Pascal has to fight Dawson again. I decided that I will take the 340 dollars I won from last nights fight and put it all on Dawson-Pascal II. Dawson will own this bum next time around.

dmarv... a young champion like pascal or a berto should have enough to beat a 45 year old man... to say he was over rated means dawson is over rated as well... just saying.. i think it was a very solid win for bernard hopkins.... at 45 fighting the way he did last night... in my opinion that was the truth... pascal is not a punk by anymeans and by the end of that fight hop had done took that dudes soul... itll be interesting to see how he looks in his next fight (pascal)...
The CEO
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 19 2010, 12:00 PM) *

Definitely...if they fight south of the border, that will be a lock for Dawson...but I doubt it gets set in America.

Dawson is probably still kicking himself....fighting half-cocked and giving it away like he did....
Method
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 19 2010, 12:00 PM) *

My bro won $1700 on the draw.
Jack 1000
It was close though. Yea, I thought it was a bad decision, but not on the level of a robbery. You can also look and say that not one judge (even the local Canadian guy) gave it to Pascal. I was expecting some real bullshit there, and there were two other non-Canadian judges. Even the Canadian ref did a fair job, so I can't call robbery.

I think the two knockdowns against him. "robbed" Hopkins of his victory more than anything else. Did I hear right that Tarver had Pascal ahead? I know one of the press row Canadian writers did. The consensus is that Hopkins should have won by the skin of his teeth.

I did have both knockdown rounds as 10-8's But the first round one, very debatable. I was thinking a 10-9, but the replay showed a very clean connecting shot that landed. (Ref's call was confirmed as correct by the replay.) But, I have no problem with making the first round 10-9 for Pascal either.

This raises the debate of how liberal should knockdowns be in scoring them as 10-8 rounds?

Jack

PS. The 10th round could have gone either way. I thought Pascal barely won it. (After Hopkins had pretty much been dominating almost all the other rounds other than when he got knocked down twice.) People saw a close 12th round, I disagree. I thought Hopkins took that round very clearly.

Mean Mister Mustard
Dawson has faster hands and better combinations than Hopkins, but he doesn't have the defense or the feints to keep Pascal guessing. In their first fight, it was Pascal who was dictating the action for the most part, and unless Dawson tightens his defense up, I see him getting tagged with the same shots from the 1st fight. Eddie Muhammad appears to be a good trainer and I'm pretty sure he will tell Dawson what he needs to change up. The problem is that Dawson, like Pascal, doesn't fight the full 3 minutes of the round and that affords Pascal the opportunity to steal the rounds.
Jack 1000
Scorecards here:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/pascal-hop...aftermath-70784

Jack
Jack 1000
Looks like Delahoya's bed partner Richard Schafer is demanding a rematch. He is making a beef of the Belgium judge scoring the 10th round even, when two judges gave it to Hopkins. The 10th round was very close, and the commentators even supported that. In fact, that was one round that I thought Pascal pulled out with Hopkins taking almost all of the others. Sour grapes here:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/schaefer-d...s-rematch-70794

Jack
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Hopkins won every round of that fight, even the rounds he got knocked down in. So that being reasonable you have to give Pascal those rounds and I'll even generously make them 10-8 rounds.

Apart from that it wasn't even close. reminded me a lot of the Tarver fight which is probably why Antonio was so saltry sitting at ringside (junkie flashback) laugh.gif

Hopkins owned this guy from the center of the ring. Beat him to the punch and was the ring general in there. Considering his age and a supposed p4p in his prime Chad Dawson going life and death with Pascal this was a beautiful performance from Nard. A joy to watch.
Snoop
Hopkins took this kid to school and got robbed. First three rounds I gave to Pascal, even though I thought Hopkins was clearly winning the 1st rd before the KD. After that, Hops straight DOMINATED and turned Pascal into a child scared of being disciplined.

Pascal shameful in his post fight interview and for once in my life, I was glad Jim Gray was there to call him out on his bullshit.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 19 2010, 09:00 AM) *

Berto better than Pascal?? I think that's a little bit of a stretch...

True they're both young champions and raw?? yes. Overrated?? likely. But you just have to look at their resumes to see who's better. Pascal's been fighting top guys in and around his weightclass for the last couple years, losing a close decision in england to Carl Froch (the scorecards did not do the fight justice), Adrian Diaconu, Chad Dawson and now Bernard Hopkins. You gotta remember that Dawson was THE fighter sitting atop the throne at the light heavy division and highly ranked in most ppl's p4p rankings b4 he fought Pascal and Pascal was able to expose him. Even though Dawson was coming on late he still won that fight no doubt. While I did have Hopkins winning by 1 or 2 points by the end, Hopkins is a fucking animal man. the dude's 46 and looks like hes 26 out there he's so methodical and mentally strong the dude's in a league of his own. But the hopkins fight jsut proves to show that Pascal has fought and done fairly well against the top competition he's faced whereas Berto has even yet to get a taste of the top dudes in his division
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Dec 18 2010, 10:32 PM) *
Pascal won the 12, Pascal won the fight.....

You must be smoking some good shit over there...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 18 2010, 10:41 PM) *
Guaranteed Pascal won't be the same after this. They never are after going to school with the old lion.

So true, lol...

Wouldn't be surprised @ all if Pascal loses his next fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.