Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime:Pascal-Hopkins@10ET/9CT,7PM: SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
D-MARV
Ornelas was landing on Hopkins as well. IF Roy Jones could throw more than 5 punches a round, he would have landed on Bernard too. Bernard has clearly slowed down a bit in the defensive department but his iron chin, ring IQ, and counter punching ability has made up for that drop. The second KD was a legit shot right on the chin... most fighters would have been rocked by that punch. LMAO at Trinidad being more competitive. That was a father putting his son on punishment. The Pascal fight was more like a Father putting his son in "Time Out".
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 21 2010, 08:53 PM) *
PR, I agree, though I think it's a stretch to say Trinidad was more competitive, lol. Trinidad wasn't as close to competitive as Pascal was.

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 22 2010, 04:04 AM) *
Pascal at least landed on Hopkins a little in the later rounds, even if in a losing effort.

Trinidad barely landed on Hopkins at all with the exception of maybe the 6th round, where Hopkins traded shots with him more and was willing to openly exchange. Other than that, Trinidad landed VERY FEW clean shots the entire night.

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 22 2010, 04:15 AM) *
Ornelas was landing on Hopkins as well. IF Roy Jones could throw more than 5 punches a round, he would have landed on Bernard too. Bernard has clearly slowed down a bit in the defensive department but his iron chin, ring IQ, and counter punching ability has made up for that drop. The second KD was a legit shot right on the chin... most fighters would have been rocked by that punch. LMAO at Trinidad being more competitive. That was a father putting his son on punishment. The Pascal fight was more like a Father putting his son in "Time Out".

Comparing the competitiveness of Trinidad and Pascal v BHop is ludicrously nonsensical. Trinidad v BHop was a bigger, older brother beating down his sibling. BHop grandsonned Pascal.

Trinidad started his career at 140. Pascal belongs in the super middle to light heavy range.

While the Trinidad performance was spectacular (9 plus years ago) against a dude who had reached his bridge too far, Saturday night's domination of a 28 year old light heavy champion may be BHop's signature performance.
D-MARV
I think that Hopkins win over Pavlik was his signature performance.
JD
I have always thought the Glen Johnson win was his signature win.
PR316
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 22 2010, 01:53 AM) *
PR, I agree, though I think it's a stretch to say Trinidad was more competitive, lol. Trinidad wasn't as close to competitive as Pascal was.

Well I should have clarified.

I basically meant from about the 4th round, what Pascal did was worse than Trinidad's performance against Hopkins.

Pascal was only competitive in the first 3 rounds and it was mostly due to landig the odd clean shot plus the debatable knockdowns.

Take the knockdowns away, and Pascal has no argument of winning even a round.

At least thats how I saw it.
PR316
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 22 2010, 09:15 AM) *

^^^^^Yeah but Pascal was running.

If he would have stood and fought, I think he too would have met the same fate of Trinidad if not worse.
Method
Take the knockdowns away, and Pascal has no argument of winning even a round.

At least that's how I saw it.

Yup. Only rounds I thought were close were 8 & 10. Ex won every other damn round except for 1 & 3, and I had him winning both (moreso the 3rd) before each KD was ruled. Contrary to what has been posted in here, the second KD was not on the chin. It was around his arm-pit-chest area...same as the Mercado fight...just weird.
neophyte7
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 22 2010, 07:41 AM) *
I hate Calzaghe and he coasted for most of his career, but I think the win over Bernard could be a little underrated by many. Whether you think he won or lost, he gave Bernard one of the toughest fights. I thought the fight could have gone either way, but I remember I edged Calzaghe by maybe a point, but haven't watched it in a bit.

THE ONLY REASON IT SEEMED TOUGH IS BECAUSE CAL THROWS AN AWFUL LOT of punches.. most of which are pitty pat and aint landing worth shit but makes it look like he is doing work.. he is gutless... Hopkins showed against Pascal Cal never was and never will amount to Hopkins even with his suspect undefeated record. Cal limps away with a suspect undefeated mark while HOP at 46 is beating on young champions--- Cal cannot be mentioned in the same breath as HOPKINs and he knows it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.