Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime:Pascal-Hopkins@10ET/9CT,7PM: SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
caneman
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 18 2010, 11:56 PM) *
Any more updates on The Canadian Corruption, Krack?

Yea what CEO said! lol! What would happen anyhow? Anyone know?
The CEO
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 18 2010, 11:58 PM) *
# Golden Boy execs are flying around here trying to get answers. I'm going to presser, will report info as I get it. 11 minutes ago via web

^That was the last one

I mean a judge is allowed to change their mind but shit 2 judges are going to change their mind and that exact change is what cost Hopkins the fight.thumbsdown_anim.gif

Thanks...I can't believe I gave them props for showing some Honor earlier...

mad.gif

Who's ready to Hate Bute with me?
D-MARV
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 19 2010, 12:02 AM) *

mad.gif

Fuck Canada! Im with you.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 19 2010, 01:02 AM) *

mad.gif

smile_anim.gif

# Richard Schaefer is livid. Not about the white out controversy but the judging. Screaming that this what's wrong with boxing half a minute ago via ÜberTwitter

# Jean Pascal has come and gone from presser. No mention of cards. Hopkins hasn't come in yet. 8 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter
KookedKrack
# Hopkins being challenged by crowd at presser. Says "Can I have my respect?" If not, I still have fight in me." 1 minute ago via ÜberTwitter

# Schaefer says he plans to file a protest and seek legal remedies. I don't think he has seen the card. Because he's yelling for it. 3 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

Wait until he sees the 2 cards with whiteout that would have gave Bhop a split decision....
The CEO
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 19 2010, 12:04 AM) *
Fuck Canada! Im with you.

QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 19 2010, 12:06 AM) *

smile_anim.gif

# Richard Schaefer is livid. Not about the white out controversy but the judging. Screaming that this what's wrong with boxing half a minute ago via ÜberTwitter

# Jean Pascal has come and gone from presser. No mention of cards. Hopkins hasn't come in yet. 8 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

HIT OUR MUSIC!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
Lil-lightsout
Damn I had to leave half way threw the fight cause something came up. Could not wait for the replay so just checked this thread. Freaking draw, and now sounds like some controversy. From the sounds of it Hopkins deserved the win. I thought Pascal was too young and good for Hops at this stage. Man was I wrong.

Never the biggest fan of Bernard, but this dude is a fucking beast! He is a legend who deserves all the props for what he has done, it's really amazing at his age. It is a damn shame there are not more fighters with his skills,work ethic, toughness,mind, etc. Just from what I saw from Bernard walking him down and causing Pascal to do literally nothing, has to say something. Can not wait to watch the replay.

Congrats on the few who won $ from a draw. You guys better hope that shit does not get reversed with some shady scoring it seems.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 19 2010, 12:11 AM) *
Damn I had to leave half way threw the fight cause something came up. Could not wait for the replay so just checked this thread. Freaking draw, and now sounds like some controversy. From the sounds of it Hopkins deserved the win. I thought Pascal was too young and good for Hops at this stage. Man was I wrong.

Never the biggest fan of Bernard, but this dude is a fucking beast! He is a legend who deserves all the props for what he has done, it's really amazing at his age. It is a damn shame there are not more fighters with his skills,work ethic, toughness,mind, etc. Just from what I saw from Bernard walking him down and causing Pascal to do literally nothing, has to say something. Can not wait to watch the replay.

Congrats on the few who won $ from a draw. You guys better hope that shit does not get reversed with some shady scoring it seems.

I won some money on a draw and I really don't know what to do with it. I feel like it's blood money. Hopkins was robbed. I might just go waste it on alcohol and strippers.
ViperSniper
Very good fight! I thought the fight was close & don't think it's so outrageous that it's a draw but i scored it 114-112 Hopkins.

Pascal came to fight and credit to the young champion was landing big shots early that had the HOFer down twice early in the fight. I think Pascal showed early what he is capable of getting to Hopkins but ran out of gas quicker than usual, due to Hopkins attack to the body.

At 45, to fight the fight he did against the much younger, fresher fighter, Bernard looked pretty good inside the ring. Hopkins continues to prove how much of a special fighter he is to not only fight, but compete at the level as high as he is at the advanced age he is, is what makes him so great.

Sidenote: The ref was good & Jim Grey is a fuckin weasel.

Mean Mister Mustard
Hopkins won almost every round after the 3rd. There were one or two swing rounds where neither guy did much, but in terms of ring generalship and demeanor Hopkins looked like the man. I actually think he should have taken a more conservative approach in the 12th because as he lunged in he got caught a couple of times and made the round closer than it should have been.

That being said, this will probably fuck with Pascal's mind. The guy knew the fight was not going to be easy, but I don't think he was expecting to be eating those vicious body shots and straight rights from a 45 year old man. His confidence definitely took a hit tonight.

They were talking about a rematch, but according to the contract, isn't he supposed to fight Dawson next?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 19 2010, 12:14 AM) *
I won some money on a draw and I really don't know what to do with it. I feel like it's blood money. Hopkins was robbed. I might just go waste it on alcohol and strippers.

Damn you won money too! Alcohol and strippers will probably ease the pain of the decision, sounds like a plan. Man I miss those days, lol. Except I was that cheap bastard that always got up to use the pisser when she came around to me. laugh.gif
caneman
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 19 2010, 12:09 AM) *
# Hopkins being challenged by crowd at presser. Says "Can I have my respect?" If not, I still have fight in me." 1 minute ago via ÜberTwitter

# Schaefer says he plans to file a protest and seek legal remedies. I don't think he has seen the card. Because he's yelling for it. 3 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

Wait until he sees the 2 cards with whiteout that would have gave Bhop a split decision....

No kidding, if that is true it will be something else!

Sounds good bro, enjoy it! What were the odds & bet?
gravytrain

depending on the club you go to you might want to put some money away for some valtrex.

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 19 2010, 12:11 AM) *

i'm hoping it doesn't get reversed so i can enjoy my money lol.

Hopkins had this fight man, even with both knockdowns. I'd it 9-3 Hopkins but 8-4 was understandable.
caneman
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Dec 19 2010, 12:17 AM) *
Very good fight! I thought the fight was close & don't think it's so outrageous that it's a draw but i scored it 114-112 Hopkins.

Pascal came to fight and credit to the young champion was landing big shots early that had the HOFer down twice early in the fight. I think Pascal showed early what he is capable of getting to Hopkins but ran out of gas quicker than usual, due to Hopkins attack to the body.

At 45, to fight the fight he did against the much younger, fresher fighter, Bernard looked pretty good inside the ring. Hopkins continues to prove how much of a special fighter he is to not only fight, but compete at the level as high as he is at the advanced age he is, is what makes him so great.

Sidenote: The ref was good & Jim Grey is a fuckin weasel.

Can you believe Jim Grey ain't never been KTFO? He gave BHop props though & said he won the fight! I was surprised actually!
D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ Dec 19 2010, 12:20 AM) *
No kidding, if that is true it will be something else!

Sounds good bro, enjoy it! What were the odds & bet?

I got 17-1 odds and I dropped 20. I walked away with 340 dollars.
alaganza
Fighting at home, Scored 2 knockdowns, and neither of the 3 judges had it in favor of Pascal? That's really all there is to be said.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (caneman @ Dec 19 2010, 12:28 AM) *
Can you believe Jim Grey ain't never been KTFO? He gave BHop props though & said he won the fight! I was surprised actually!

The guy was out of line, but hey, it's Jim Grey, he doesn't give a fuck.
D-MARV
QUOTE (alaganza @ Dec 19 2010, 12:30 AM) *
Fighting at home, Scored 2 knockdowns, and neither of the 3 judges had it in favor of Pascal? That's really all there is to be said.

yup. Exactly!
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 19 2010, 12:29 AM) *
I got 17-1 odds and I dropped 20. I walked away with 340 dollars.

Freaking nice bro! gravytrain do I remember you did $50? What odds? Anyhow enjoy guys!
Imperius3
Tarver is obviously still butt-hurt from the Hopkins assault. He is the only one I've seen score the fight for Pascal.
caneman
So betting men, I see +1700 for a draw on this one site....what does that mean?
D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ Dec 19 2010, 12:35 AM) *
So betting men, I see +1700 for a draw on this one site....what does that mean?

17-1... for every dollar you bet you get 17.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Dec 19 2010, 12:34 AM) *
Tarver is obviously still butt-hurt from the Hopkins assault. He is the only one I've seen score the fight for Pascal.

that cat looks like one of the California Raisins. i bet he's bitter after getting dominated by Hopkins lol.

QUOTE (caneman @ Dec 19 2010, 12:32 AM) *
Freaking nice bro! gravytrain do I remember you did $50? What odds? Anyhow enjoy guys!

i bumped it up to $200. i don't even want to look at the shit because i think it'll probably get reversed.

if i do keep my money i'll send Hopkins a get well soon card.
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 19 2010, 12:50 AM) *
Notorious homers, "we'll make it a draw and maybe nobody will notice how shamelessly corrupt we are."

to be honest i'm surprised Hopkins even got a draw.

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 18 2010, 09:41 PM) *
17-1... for every dollar you bet you get 17.

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 18 2010, 09:48 PM) *
that cat looks like one of the California Raisins. i bet he's bitter after getting dominated by Hopkins lol.

i bumped it up to $200. i don't even want to look at the shit because i think it'll probably get reversed.

if i do keep my money i'll send Hopkins a get well soon card.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 18 2010, 09:54 PM) *
The odds I got for the draw was 26-1. I put $20, and got $520 back.

You're all in on it, ya bosstids!
SmartyBeardo
Here's a shot of Tito's to a worthy member of the GOAT Club as of tonight; Bernard Hopkins, sir.
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 19 2010, 12:56 AM) *
You're all in on it, ya bosstids!

i don't like Pascal so i would have paid them off for Hopkins lol.

SmartyBeardo
I am going to try to give the Canadians the benefit of the doubt and watch this instant classic again right the fuck now.
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 19 2010, 01:08 AM) *
I am going to try to give the Canadians the benefit of the doubt and watch this instant classic again right the fuck now.

I just did(again)and it was 114-112 and close to 115-111! Damn good fight!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (caneman @ Dec 18 2010, 10:12 PM) *
I just did and it was 114-112 and close to 115-111!

I agree with 114-112 the first time around. We will see this time.
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Dec 19 2010, 01:12 AM) *

I'd 115-111, it'd have been 114-112 at most. Both for Hopkins. To be honest I see it 115-111 and think that's being objective, I'd have had to give a round to Pascal for it to be 114-112.

SmartyBeardo
Clean enough KD in round 1.

10-8 Pascal.
SmartyBeardo
Round 2 very close. I'm going to call it even.

20-18 Pascal.
BrutalBodyShots
For one, nice job with the draw bets guys and all of you SHOULD hope the decision gets changed because it will not alter your winnings. 99% of gambling sites out there will tell you that the officially announced decision at the conclusion of the event is the one that sticks in terms of payout. I forget what fight it was... I want to say a Rocky Juarez fight like 5 years ago but I think I'm completely wrong on that, but a decision was announced and then 15 minutes later it was over turned because of a math error on a score card. For betting purposes the original decision stuck, and I know a lot of people were pissed because they properly bet the "real" official decision but were not ever paid out.

Anyway, I had the fight 114-112 for Hopkins. I felt he won the fight but we knew this would happen if it was anywhere near close. Unfortunately due to the knock downs it was close. The first knock down was kind of BS, and later in the fight in about the 5th round a nearly identical "knock down" happened which the ref ruled a slip. Not sure why THAT one was a slip and the first wasn't when both were due to punches to the back of the head, but whatever.

AWESOME left hooks to the body by Hopkins. After 4 or 5 landed you could see Pascal in clear retreat mode. By the time the 10th landed Hopkins had complete control, and I was actually surprised that Pascal never took a knee from one. In about the 10th round Hopkins landed a GREAT left hook to the body, and it appeared Pascal never saw it coming. He seemed shot for the next 30 seconds and couldn't do anything but back away.

I also agree with whoever above said Hopkins left himself a little too open in the 12th. I know he went in there looking for a KO, but by leaving himself open he took some shots in the 12th that could have swayed the judges to give Pascal the round. I'd like to see the official score cards from that round. If either of the "draw" judges had that round for Pascal it means that Hopkins going for the KO actually cost him the fight. Had he fought the 12th like he did basically any of the 8 rounds prior he would have snagged another 114-112 or 115-113 card giving him the majority win.

SmartyBeardo
KD Pascal.

30-26 Pascal.
Method
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 19 2010, 12:18 AM) *
Hopkins won almost every round after the 3rd. There were one or two swing rounds where neither guy did much, but in terms of ring generalship and demeanor Hopkins looked like the man. I actually think he should have taken a more conservative approach in the 12th because as he lunged in he got caught a couple of times and made the round closer than it should have been.

That being said, this will probably fuck with Pascal's mind. The guy knew the fight was not going to be easy, but I don't think he was expecting to be eating those vicious body shots and straight rights from a 45 year old man. His confidence definitely took a hit tonight.

They were talking about a rematch, but according to the contract, isn't he supposed to fight Dawson next?

My man, I couldnt have said it better. Ex should have done the 12th tighter, but after the two kd's, at age 46, I am SURE he thought there was NO way he was going to get a dec. I dont blame him. This wasnt a no namer like Mercado. This was a money maker in a big market against a 46 year old.

Hopkins deserved the dec. That he got a draw on enemy soil after two scored kd's says it all.

You're absolutely right - Pascal is fucked in the head from this. He LITERALLY pulled an Oscar DLH vs Trinidad (Oscar's last 3 rounds) from ROUND 3 of THIS fight on. I gave Hopkins EVERY round BUT 1,3. I didnt score 8, 10 as they were close. Unlike many, I err on scoring even rounds (where I dont believe a guy deserves to win a round just to give it to somebody). You have to earn my rounds. 8, 10 were not. Hell, I even had Ex winning the 3rd til that crappy KD...same w the 1st. Like Dan Rafael, I had rnd 3 a 10-9 as opposed to 10-8.

That Pascal, the self proclaimed "pitt bull" was on his bike from round 3 on is embarrassing. Embarrassing.
gravytrain
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 19 2010, 01:37 AM) *
For one, nice job with the draw bets guys and all of you SHOULD hope the decision gets changed because it will not alter your winnings. 99% of gambling sites out there will tell you that the officially announced decision at the conclusion of the event is the one that sticks in terms of payout. I forget what fight it was... I want to say a Rocky Juarez fight like 5 years ago but I think I'm completely wrong on that, but a decision was announced and then 15 minutes later it was over turned because of a math error on a score card. For betting purposes the original decision stuck, and I know a lot of people were pissed because they properly bet the "real" official decision but were not ever paid out.

Anyway, I had the fight 114-112 for Hopkins. I felt he won the fight but we knew this would happen if it was anywhere near close. Unfortunately due to the knock downs it was close. The first knock down was kind of BS, and later in the fight in about the 5th round a nearly identical "knock down" happened which the ref ruled a slip. Not sure why THAT one was a slip and the first wasn't when both were due to punches to the back of the head, but whatever.

AWESOME left hooks to the body by Hopkins. After 4 or 5 landed you could see Pascal in clear retreat mode. By the time the 10th landed Hopkins had complete control, and I was actually surprised that Pascal never took a knee from one. In about the 10th round Hopkins landed a GREAT left hook to the body, and it appeared Pascal never saw it coming. He seemed shot for the next 30 seconds and couldn't do anything but back away.

I also agree with whoever above said Hopkins left himself a little too open in the 12th. I know he went in there looking for a KO, but by leaving himself open he took some shots in the 12th that could have swayed the judges to give Pascal the round. I'd like to see the official score cards from that round. If either of the "draw" judges had that round for Pascal it means that Hopkins going for the KO actually cost him the fight. Had he fought the 12th like he did basically any of the 8 rounds prior he would have snagged another 114-112 or 115-113 card giving him the majority win.

thumbsup_anim.gif

I don't agree with the 1st knockdown at all, that shit was bogus.
SmartyBeardo
4th round. Hopkins comes outwith purpose. Goes to body. Hopkins digging body shots. Another back to the head shot by Pascal. Another. Hopkins takes that round.

39-36 Pascal.
BrutalBodyShots
What was up with Tarver's 112-114 Pascal score card? Anyone think he had a little hidden animosity toward Hopkins after the beating he put on him?

I don't see how anyone can give Pascal that many rounds when the main criteria for scoring fights is clean effective punching. Hopkins was landing almost all of the clean stuff in there, and his shots were doing more damage even if he wasn't landing more. Even the other criteria... defense, ring generalship, effective aggressiveness in my view were all in Hopkins' favor.

SmartyBeardo
5th round. Good jabs, good body work Hops. Digging to the bod. Pascal comes on. Hops comes back with combos. Hops wild, gets caught with l hook. Hops digs to body. Pascal gets in shot at bell. Hops squeks by in 5.

48-46 Pascal.

Method
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 19 2010, 01:47 AM) *
What was up with Tarver's 112-114 Pascal score card? Anyone think he had a little hidden animosity toward Hopkins after the beating he put on him?

I don't see how anyone can give Pascal that many rounds when the main criteria for scoring fights is clean effective punching. Hopkins was landing almost all of the clean stuff in there, and his shots were doing more damage even if he wasn't landing more. Even the other criteria... defense, ring generalship, effective aggressiveness in my view were all in Hopkins' favor.

Of COURSE Tarver had animosity. Didnt you see the article on the front page that Tarver and SHO called up demanding it be taken down? Tarver said that he was gonna have a hard time w this assignment given his history w Ex.

Yeah, I found his scores funny. The entire fight after the rd round, he was basically scoring EVERY round for Hopkins, yet he ALWAYS had Pascal up by one round. "I give that round to Hopkins, but I still have Pascal up by one". "Again, another round for Hopkins, bu I have Pascal ahead by one point". Hell, by the end of the fight, Tarver was sucking hopkins dick, yet he now had Pascal up by TWO points. HAHAHA. WTF.

RE-LAPSE!
gravytrain
QUOTE (Method @ Dec 19 2010, 01:44 AM) *
My man, I couldnt have said it better. Ex should have done the 12th tighter, but after the two kd's, at age 46, I am SURE he thought there was NO way he was going to get a dec. I dont blame him. This wasnt a no namer like Mercado. This was a money maker in a big market against a 46 year old.

Hopkins deserved the dec. That he got a draw on enemy soil after two scored kd's says it all.

You're absolutely right - Pascal is fucked in the head from this. He LITERALLY pulled an Oscar DLH vs Trinidad (Oscar's last 3 rounds) from ROUND 3 of THIS fight on. I gave Hopkins EVERY round BUT 1,3. I didnt score 8, 10 as they were close. Unlike many, I err on scoring even rounds (where I dont believe a guy deserves to win a round just to give it to somebody). You have to earn my rounds. 8, 10 were not. Hell, I even had Ex winning the 3rd til that crappy KD...same w the 1st. Like Dan Rafael, I had rnd 3 a 10-9 as opposed to 10-8.

That Pascal, the self proclaimed "pitt bull" was on his bike from round 3 on is embarrassing. Embarrassing.

I think Pascal wont be giving Hopkins a rematch, he looked disappointed anyway. Dude had his gloves off before they even started interviewing Hopkins, he knew he shouldn't have kept the strap. he didn't even look at all happy. so much for being a pitbull.

caneman
QUOTE (caneman @ Dec 19 2010, 01:12 AM) *

Iguess it would have been closer to 115-112 actually with a 10-9 round in thr 3rd! BHop was winning that round!
SmartyBeardo
Lots of missed shots. (round 6). Big right and body shot hops. good jabs hops. nice left hops. Pascal getting 0 done. Hops combo. counter left Pascal. Hops holds rope withhis left and pounds with his right. Hops dominates 6.

57-56 Pascal.
BigG
Round 1: Pascal 10-8
Round 2: Hopkins 10-9 (close)
Round 3: Pascal 10-8
Round 4: Hppkins 10-9 (close)
Round 5: Hopkins 10-9
Round 6: Hopkins 10-9
Round 7: Hopkins 10-9
Round 8: Hopkins 10-9
Round 9: Hopkins 10-9
Round 10: Hopkins 10-9
Round 11: Hopkins 10-9
Round 12: Hopkins 10-9

Hopkins swept the fight after 3....Hopkins won tonight
Method
Beardo, I love it. Going back for the RxR REPLAY. I would have never expected it!
BrutalBodyShots
Once again this fight proves that a master boxer can and almost always will reduce an opponents punch output from what they "normally" throw.

You can't use the argument "he's too active" when trying to theorize why a master boxer may lose a fight.

Like people saying Pacquiao throws too many punches and will beat Mayweather based on activity.

Hopkins held Pascal to a dismal 30 punches per round tonight.
SmartyBeardo
Round 7. Hops digs the right. Left hook to body by hops. Left hook to body by hops. Total aggression for hops. Nice jabs to set right hands. Great L hook to the bod. right hand to the button. Good jabs. Totally dominated by hops.

66-66.
gravytrain
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 19 2010, 01:54 AM) *
Round 1: Pascal 10-8
Round 2: Hopkins 10-9 (close)
Round 3: Pascal 10-8
Round 4: Hppkins 10-9 (close)
Round 5: Hopkins 10-9
Round 6: Hopkins 10-9
Round 7: Hopkins 10-9
Round 8: Hopkins 10-9
Round 9: Hopkins 10-9
Round 10: Hopkins 10-9
Round 11: Hopkins 10-9
Round 12: Hopkins 10-9

Hopkins swept the fight after 3....Hopkins won tonight

I'd Pascal taking round 2 10-9 but other than that we've the same card.

Pascal had some nice moments in rounds but most of the time Hopkins was just controlling the fight. Hopkins threw more, showed the ring generalship, and was landing more at times.
SmartyBeardo
Round 8. Hops moves forward and fires. Nice jabs. Pascal looks confused. Nice right hops pascal lands one shot. Hops jab is the key to his body work. Pascal being more aggressive but not much. Pascal may have stolen that round in the end.

76-75 Pascal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.