Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fights you wanted to see more of.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ViperSniper
Which fights were shaping up to be a good/interesting fights that ended before it's potential. Don't want people to think this topic is about premature/bad stoppages but fights you wanted to see go longer for other reasons.

Williams-Cintron
The fight was interesting to me before it even started, Cintron was finding his target on Williams and the fight seemed to have been warming up until to infamous "dive".

Pascal-Dawson
This was a tactical 1st half of the fight where Dawson started taking over the 2nd half and had Pascal in a worry. The last round or so things really started heating up but understandably ended too soon to a head clash.

Cotto-Foreman
Cotto was doing a good job working behind the jab and seemed a bit more relaxed than recently & was also landing well. Foreman's knee fails on him which results in Foreman being forced to stand and fight which saw the then undefeated fighter land his best exchanges of the night...but was stopped before things could heat up even more.

Martinez-Williams II
Now here is a fight I'm not questioning or disputing as there should be no questions asked on the outcome of this fight. This fight was really starting to heat up and started looking like their first great fight...then out of nowhere the fire is instantly put out.

There were many fights this year, alone, that ended quicker than I had wished for..which left me wanting to see "what would have happened if..."

Which others in the past?
SmartyBeardo
I would have liked to have seen 3 more rounds of Khan v Maidana and Soto v Antillon.
Lil-lightsout
Golota-Tyson

Things were getting heated before Golota just quit.

Bute-Andrade I

Wish they had an extra 30 seconds to that last round.

Bradley-Campbell

Nate just quit in there. Would have liked to see him take a beating like a man.

Roy Jones- Tarver II

I do not care what anyone says, Roy would have totally fucked up Tarver if it was not for that one left hand. Roy looked awesome in that 1st round and he was gonna humiliate him in that fight. Not saying the punch was lucky either, just saying if it was not for that one punch, Roy dominates him easily.

ViperSniper
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 21 2010, 09:32 AM) *
Golota-Tyson

Bute-Andrade I

Bradley-Campbell

Roy Jones- Tarver II

I do not care what anyone says, Roy would have totally fucked up Tarver if it was not for that one left hand. Roy looked awesome in that 1st round and he was gonna humiliate him in that fight. Not saying the punch was lucky either, just saying if it was not for that one punch, Roy dominates him easily.

Yup. That was straight up bullshit. He literally leaned over to "discretely" tell his corner to stop the fight due to "thinking" the opportunity being there to be stopped apposed to him having enough or taking too much punishment. He knew very early he wasn't beatin Bradley that night.

D-MARV
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 21 2010, 03:32 AM) *
Golota-Tyson

Bute-Andrade I

Bradley-Campbell

Roy Jones- Tarver II

I have always thought this and it hurts me till this day. AS funny as it sounds, Tarver was in for a beating. HE fucking closed his eyes and caugt Roy cold. Shit ruined Roy's career.
salvador
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 21 2010, 03:32 AM) *

Roy was always a bit intimidated of Tarver. Tarver's style just wasn't good for Roy as we saw in the first fight. Not that you care what I say. biggrin.gif

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 21 2010, 02:32 AM) *
Golota-Tyson

in all fairness to golota didnt he have a broken jaw or busted ear drum when he quit that fight?... i remember reading something that he was really injured and in pain...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (salvador @ Dec 21 2010, 08:05 AM) *
Roy was always a bit intimidated of Tarver. Tarver's style just wasn't good for Roy as we saw in the first fight. Not that you care what I say. biggrin.gif

LOL! I care about what most have to say on here. You could possibly be right, I just do not believe it. I think the only reason Roy looked so bad was the huge drop in weight after beating Ruiz at heavyweight. In fact, I remember watching Jones-Tarver I and it was the first time I ever saw Roy tired in a fight. I mean he was completely exhausted.

Now the third fight Roy was definitely intimidated in there. Someone will surely show the clip, lol.

To me after seeing Roy put in on Tarver in the first round and go after him right away in the rematch shows to me he was not intimiated at all. In fact he got a little over confident in the second round and that is when he got iced.

Also as tired as he was in the first fight he was still mixing it up with milk dud as much as he could. To me he never looked scared of him til their 3rd fight. Just my take.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 21 2010, 06:56 AM) *
I have always thought this and it hurts me till this day. AS funny as it sounds, Tarver was in for a beating. HE fucking closed his eyes and caugt Roy cold. Shit ruined Roy's career.

100% ruined Roy. Just watch his next fight against Glen Johnson to see for sure, that shit was sad. I still remember running on my treadmill while watching that fight and could not believe how gun shy Jones was.

Oh yeah, Tarver was in for a beating that night, lol. That fight was probably the angriest I ever was after a fight, top 3 for sure.
D-MARV
Roy was never scared of Tarver until the 3rd fight. Problem was that Roy had to train to lose weight in the first fight in order to make weight. I think it took a heavy toll on Roy's body. Despite that, I thought Roy fought his heart out in the end. The second fight, Roy was the agressor for the first 5 minutes. He wanted to make a statement and ended up paying dearly for it. Up until then, I never saw any fear in Roy.
pcraw
Hagler-Hearns

I think Hagler would have still won the fight, but imagine the fireworks had Hearns not broken his hand in the 1st.

Dirrell-Abraham

Really curious to see if Matrix could have held on without getting knocked out.

Corrales-Casamayor I

Just as things were getting heated up Corrales suffered that cut under his lip, but of course he begged for 1 more round. They should have gave it to him (great warrior).

Hopkins-Taylor I

Had BHop had another minute or so he would have ended the hype before it got started.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 21 2010, 09:31 AM) *
in all fairness to golota didnt he have a broken jaw or busted ear drum when he quit that fight?... i remember reading something that he was really injured and in pain...

Fuck Golota, lol.

I saw him bite Pouha on USA years earlier when Samson hurt him.

Watched him too many times hit Bowe with very low blows in both of their fights.

I know there is more shit that cunt did, just can not remember right now.

Anyway, I never heard about what you said and I could care less. He was a dirty fighter who quit when things got tough with Tyson. That shit was getting good too, he got out before Mike KO'd him. You got to admit that was funny when Al Certo was trying to shove Golota's mouthpiece back in, lol.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 21 2010, 10:12 AM) *
Roy was never scared of Tarver until the 3rd fight. Problem was that Roy had to train to lose weight in the first fight in order to make weight. I think it took a heavy toll on Roy's body. Despite that, I thought Roy fought his heart out in the end. The second fight, Roy was the agressor for the first 5 minutes. He wanted to make a statement and ended up paying dearly for it. Up until then, I never saw any fear in Roy.

Exactly my thoughts.

Even when Del Valle dropped Roy pretty hard, Roy still was aggressive and all over Lou the rest of the fight.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 21 2010, 12:32 AM) *
Roy Jones- Tarver II

I do not care what anyone says, Roy would have totally fucked up Tarver if it was not for that one left hand. Roy looked awesome in that 1st round and he was gonna humiliate him in that fight. Not saying the punch was lucky either, just sayingif it was not for that one punch, Roy dominates him easily.

But aint that what makes boxing great? The ifs, ands & buts are why we watch every round of every fight, waiting for Mike Weaver to land the left on Big John Tate in the 15th round.

Roy made a fatal error. Tarver is still capitalizing on that what if? moment.

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 21 2010, 03:56 AM) *

Do you need a hanky dude?

Tarver knew what his chances were and knocked it out of the park. The only person that has ruined RJJ's career is RJJ. He can't accept reality. Sad really. But even if RJJ keeps humiliating himself in the ring and loses 10 more fights by KO he will still be remembered by those who matter as one of the most naturally talented boxers in history.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (pcraw @ Dec 21 2010, 10:13 AM) *
Hagler-Hearns

I think Hagler would have still won the fight, but imagine the fireworks had Hearns not broken his hand in the 1st.

Dirrell-Abraham

Really curious to see if Matrix could have held on without getting knocked out.

Corrales-Casamayor I

Just as things were getting heated up Corrales suffered that cut under his lip, but of course he begged for 1 more round. They should have gave it to him (great warrior).

Hopkins-Taylor I

Had BHop had another minute or so he would have ended the hype before it got started.

Good ones, I agree.

Speaking of Corrales...his rematch with Castillo when Castillo was overweight. I think Corrales got stopped in the 4th round from a hook and he didn't beat the count? Man that was a huge let down, we were all robbed of another great fight.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 21 2010, 10:21 AM) *
But aint that what makes boxing great? The ifs, ands & buts are why we watch every round of every fight, waiting for Mike Weaver to land the left on Big John Tate in the 15th round.

Roy made a fatal error. Tarver is still capitalizing on that what if? moment.

Yes, except when it happens to the guy you are rooting for.

Unfortunately you are correct.

lloyd mayflower
Wanted to see a bit more of Pac Hatton. Much more to do with ticket prices and the state I ended up in as a result of leaving earlier than anticipated than the nature of the fight tho!

Suppose I wouldnt have minded seeing a bit more of Martinez PWill II altho I cant complain cos I got the result I wanted to see.
Big Slim Sweet
At the time, I would have said Rafael Marquez-Israel Vazquez 1. I remember being super disappointed when that was stopped, though we ended up getting more than our share of seeing those two in the ring.

More recently, Juan Ma - Rafa. I kinda think Marquez milked the shoulder injury cause he was starting to get beat up.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
The first Hopkins/Robert Allan fight was getting interesting.

The second Tyson/Holyfield fight Mike actually had what was probably his best round in either fight just prior to the infamous ear biting round.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 21 2010, 09:15 AM) *
Fuck Golota, lol.

I saw him bite Pouha on USA years earlier when Samson hurt him.

Watched him too many times hit Bowe with very low blows in both of their fights.

I know there is more shit that cunt did, just can not remember right now.

Anyway, I never heard about what you said and I could care less. He was a dirty fighter who quit when things got tough with Tyson. That shit was getting good too, he got out before Mike KO'd him. You got to admit that was funny when Al Certo was trying to shove Golota's mouthpiece back in, lol.

yeah i feel you andrew was an easy fighter to not like and he had the dogg in him but in that particular fight, and you can research it, tyson broke something in him in that fight... forget if it was ear drum or some shit like that... i applaud fighters when they fight on with injuries... yay for me as a fan but not good for them... just saying... but i agree that fight was getting good and whos to say golota dont last a few more rounds and get to whacking tyson out of there?... we'll never know... when he wanted to be golota was a dangerous fighter...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Dec 21 2010, 10:39 AM) *
Wanted to see a bit more of Pac Hatton. Much more to do with ticket prices and the state I ended up in as a result of leaving earlier than anticipated than the nature of the fight tho!

Suppose I wouldnt have minded seeing a bit more of Martinez PWill II altho I cant complain cos I got the result I wanted to see.

speaking on p will... that dude fights way too small for his height and the way he come in with his chin wide open... unless his team fixes that you'll get to enjoy another ko reel of him as soon as he fights someone capable of exploiting it... that dude needs emanuel steward... emanuel fixes that problem with his chin being exposed when he punches and gets him fighting tall and you got a fighter damn near unbeatable at or around his division... but till that happens he'll always be the right fighter away from getting beat just like sergio did him...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 31 2010, 10:04 AM) *
If Steward can get Dawson to leave his family at home when he goes to work, Pascal is in trouble.

Not to mention the mental shit Hopkins caused Pascal. Dawson should take Pascal this time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.