Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Haye
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
D-MARV
By Mark Vester

Adam Booth, manager and trainer of WBA heavyweight champion David Haye, is claiming that his fighter actually budged to the financial demands of WBO/IBO/IBF champion Wladimir Klitschko. There is only one problem, Booth claims Klitschko is refusing to sign the agreement, but never gives an exact reason as to why Klitschko is stalling

The big issue with getting a deal done was the British pay-per-view money. Klitschko wanted 50% and Haye was refusing to give it up. Now Haye has offered, according to Booth, 50% of the British television revenue. Booth even claims that Haye is willing to fight Klitschko in Germany - if the fight generates the most money in that country.

Booth told the Guardian: "I have been negotiating with Bernd Boente, Wladimir Klitschko's manager, and two days ago I offered him a 50-50 split of everything, including the British pay-per-view money. And that the fight could be on RTL [the German TV station] and could be held anywhere they wanted to make the most revenue, including in Germany.

"Those were the only two points we were negotiating. But [Klitschko's manager] Bernd Boente came back and said: 'No point continuing. Forget about it. You do your fight and we'll do ours.' Wladimir was copied in on all the emails so I don't know why they are refusing. That is the question Boente refused to answer. Either Wladimir does not want to fight David Haye or, maybe, it is because they have this deal with RTL and they want to get that fight out of the way."

If Klitschko does not finalize a deal with Haye by January 11, then he must honor an existing agreement to fight unbeaten British boxer Dereck Chisora. Klitschko was set to face Chisora on December 11, but withdrew with an injury. The contract calls for a 30-day period which allows Klitschko to find a new opponent. If there is no movement in 30-days, Klitschko must reschedule the Chisora fight.

lloyd mayflower
Almost fell asleep reading that article. These two should be restricted in the press to announcing when a contract is signed, then once a contract is signed, they will be allowed to trash talk at pre aproved weekly events.
Sunni6Killer
Wake me when they're face to face in the ring.
gravytrain
somehow i'm thinking Haye is making it seem like he's open to fight right now, then when Wlad says "I must break you" Haye will pull out with a back injury or announce a reason why he can't fight.
BGv2.0
I don't know...I mean Haye is really at the end of the line after that last fight....even the Brits were pissed. It's very unlikely they will be putting him in the ring with the likes of Williams or Sprott no matter the money...as after that last outing it cannot even be close to the worth of a Wlad or Vitali fight.

PLUS...IF it's true Wlad hurt his abdominal on one side...that would give you the slightest of weak points to focus on...IMHO now seems as good as any....he's not going to grow any shorter so might as well take the shot when you know he may have had an injury.

D-MARV
Is this deal fair? I hope that Wlad will call his bluff and say "Fuck it, Let's do it".
gravytrain
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 21 2010, 10:08 PM) *
Is this deal fair? I hope that Wlad will call his bluff and say "Fuck it, Let's do it".

Not if Wlad is inured still, i think ab tears can last up to 3 months.
Byrd Man
with all this talk about "we'll have the fight where it makes the most money" does anyone actually think this fight will be anywhere but the US? Probably Vegas?

As big a fight as this is, if it's in the UK or Germany, it'll be about 2pm or 5pm here in the States, thus killing PPV sales.

I can't see it being anywhere but the US.
lloyd mayflower
They could get at least a small football stadium filled for this over here, or if it was heavily promoted, they could probably fill Wembley, then your talkin upwards of 70.000 people, coupled with the fact that Haye v Harrison sold 700,000 PPVs in Britain alone, and the fact that Wlad is huge in Germany and could easily replicate both that live gate and the PPV sales, maybe even surpass them, I dont see how Vegas makes more sense. That said, lets get the fight made in Vegas. Give me an excuse to return!
D-MARV
What are you guys talking about?

This fight belongs in the UK where they can fill a 100,000 seat stadium. I doubt it would be a PPV fight over here in the states. There is plenty of money to be made in this fight and bringing it to the US would hurt it IMO.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 25 2010, 09:37 AM) *
What are you guys talking about?

This fight belongs in the UK where they can fill a 100,000 seat stadium. I doubt it would be a PPV fight over here in the states. There is plenty of money to be made in this fight and bringing it to the US would hurt it IMO.

Yep...I totally agree. This fight belongs in Europe. There is NO WAY it makes more money in Vegas.

You have to remember America is a country that has so little interest in the Klits that the HW champion(s) don't even have a contract with HBO.

Your average American walking the street that has just a basic interest in boxing is going to know about Pac and PBF and he/she might even know that two huge "russian" dudes are the HW champs...

BUT...they don't care enough about the Klits and they most likely have NO CLUE who the hell David Haye is....this fight is a dud in America.

NOW as hard core boxing fans it's hard for us to imagine that being the case...but it's true.

The Klits sell well in Europe and Haye is known there as well....

This is a Europe/England fight if I've ever seen one.

BGv2.0
Looks like this fight is almost a done deal. Papers are reportign both parties are in agreement with everything and the only thing left is the signatures for a March or April date...and looks like Vegas.
SENTRAL
If it goes to vegas it loses mega appeal. Europe and Europeans will salivate over this. Vegas is a no no.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Dec 24 2010, 11:26 PM) *
with all this talk about "we'll have the fight where it makes the most money" does anyone actually think this fight will be anywhere but the US? Probably Vegas?

As big a fight as this is, if it's in the UK or Germany, it'll be about 2pm or 5pm here in the States, thus killing PPV sales.

I can't see it being anywhere but the US.

the PPV sells have already been killed, they're two European fighters with no following in America.
Maxy
If it's gonna happen, like it should, if Haye has finally grown a pair, then it's gotta be in England. We've already proven that there are enough mugs over here to buy a Haye-Harrison fight so something legit is bound to sell big time. Taking this to America, where there are very few fans of either fighter would be a mistake, no doubt about it.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 2 2011, 01:36 PM) *
If it's gonna happen, like it should, if Haye has finally grown a pair, then it's gotta be in England. We've already proven that there are enough mugs over here to buy a Haye-Harrison fight so something legit is bound to sell big time. Taking this to America, where there are very few fans of either fighter would be a mistake, no doubt about it.

Good to have you back Maxy.
Maxy
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 2 2011, 04:39 PM) *
Good to have you back Maxy.

Cheers mate, good to be back.
D-MARV
I don't understand the logic behind staging this fight here in the states... Oh well, I wonder what the ticket prices will be. I wouldn't mind watching Haye Shock the World in person.

Haye TKO3
JLUVBABY
something tells me haye doesnt fight either brother this year or ever... i hope im wrong tho...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 2 2011, 07:18 PM) *
something tells me haye doesnt fight either brother this year or ever... i hope im wrong tho...

it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't fight either.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 2 2011, 04:18 PM) *

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 2 2011, 04:55 PM) *
it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't fight either.

What? Maybe he'll show up in his bitch impersonator outfit.
Lil-lightsout
I think he will.

And say he fights Wlad first...there are a few things I can only hope happens.

1- He fucking brutally KO's Wlad would be my first choice.

2- We get an exciting back and forth competitive fight for as long as it lasts.

3 If Haye does get KTFO, hopefully he will at least go down swinging and not fight a totally defensive scared type fight.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 2 2011, 05:15 PM) *
I think he will.

3 If Haye does get KTFO, hopefully he will at least go down swinging and not fight a totally defensive scared type fight.

I really think if Haye can get beyond his bitch impersonation fetish he can give Wlad a serious go of it.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 2 2011, 09:17 PM) *
I really think if Haye can get beyond his bitch impersonation fetish he can give Wlad a serious go of it.

And if a woman had a dick she'd be a man. I would like to see him give them a serious go as well, I just highly doubt it.

Unfortunately fighting the likes of Ruiz and Harrison isn't going to get you prepared for the Klits.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 2 2011, 05:22 PM) *
And if a woman had a dick she'd be a man. I would like to see him give them a serious go as well, I just highly doubt it.

Unfortunately fighting the likes of Ruiz and Harrison isn't going to get you prepared for the Klits.

Better than The Ghost of Holyfield or The Burger King.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 2 2011, 09:25 PM) *

Yep agreed.

Look I want Haye to be good and I want him to be the real deal but lately he's come across as a real fag. Maybe if he started banging 20 year hollywood actresses I may change my mind laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 2 2011, 05:31 PM) *
Yep agreed.

Look I want Haye to be good and I want him to be the real deal but lately he's come across as a real fag. Maybe if he started banging 20 year hollywood actresses I may change my mind laugh.gif

He could be dangerous if his balls would drop.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 2 2011, 08:25 PM) *

Go fuck yourself. fuck.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 2 2011, 10:16 PM) *

But LL he didn't mention any names. Who could he be talking about? laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 2 2011, 09:18 PM) *
But LL he didn't mention any names. Who could he be talking about? laugh.gif

LMFAO!!!!

OH...Fuck You Too!!! laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 2 2011, 06:16 PM) *

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 2 2011, 06:19 PM) *
LMFAO!!!!

OH...Fuck You Too!!! laugh.gif

That's it. I'm not bringing my nieces to Vegas now drag.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 2 2011, 08:15 PM) *
I think he will.

well Haye is going to be gassed after like 4 rounds so after that his ass belongs to Wlad.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 2 2011, 09:55 PM) *
well Haye is going to be gassed after like 4 rounds so after that his ass belongs to Wlad.

Why do you think that now? I know he gassed out years ago in a cruiserweight bout when he got stopped.

He went longer with Ruiz. He went the distance with Valuev.

You think just the mental pressure will get to him?

You would think he would be in great shape for a fight with Wlad and be able to go more than 4 rounds, at least I do. Unless there is a KO before that of course.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 2 2011, 10:24 PM) *
That's it. I'm not bringing my nieces to Vegas now drag.gif

no no the easier option is just to leave LL at home with the wife and kids....... laugh.gif I'll PM a report of the weekend.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 2 2011, 11:00 PM) *
Why do you think that now? I know he gassed out years ago in a cruiserweight bout when he got stopped.

You would think he would be in great shape for a fight with Wlad and be able to go more than 4 rounds, at least I do. Unless there is a KO before that of course.

I don't think he'll gas but I do think he will have mentally surrendered by the 4th.
SENTRAL
I hate to say it but Haye beats them both. I didnt believe it myself at one time but now I'm convinced of it.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Jan 3 2011, 06:25 AM) *
I hate to say it but Haye beats them both. I didnt believe it myself at one time but now I'm convinced of it.

Based on what? His smashing of Frudley Harrison? His dismantling of John Ruiz?

I think Haye will make them fight more than they've had to in a while but I don't see this as being a good thing. I'd say he's going to end up regretting all the taunting and smack talk he's been up to.

Your picks as a rule are pretty solid but this is very left base for you. Convinced none the less. I dunno what you drunk over Xmas but whatever it is where can I get some? laugh.gif

SENTRAL
Ollie, you won't be surprised to read that I am yet to read a plausible explanation for how Haye can defeat either of the Klitschko's.  Does he run in and hope to do a Corrie Sanders ruthless assault on Wlad, does he attempt to use speed of movement and try to take the fight on points?  Does he play a game of patience waiting for the moment to loop his right hand over the top of Wlad's jab and take him out with one shot?  Does he even hit harder enough to drop Wlad with one shot? 

Everything points to Haye finding himself outgunned and outclassed.  See, speed is supposed to be Haye's big advantage but Wad is no slouch in the speed department and he possesses timing as well.  Timing kills speed alone and Wlad has both.  A jab from Wlad is strong enough to seriously hurt Haye and put him in trouble. 

However, I have convinced myself that Haye will win the fights.  The key for a Haye victory is to get inside.  Wlad cannot use his advantages on the inside at all and David Haye is elusive enough when he is on his game to slip the jab and land two, three punches up close.  He can then get outside again because Wlad does not have the heart of a warrior and won't recklessly fire back even though the opportunity will present itself.  Both men will tire down the stretch but it is Haye who will have the mental strength to overcome adversity and Wlad who will begin to doubt himself.  The right hand over the top will be a frequent weapon for Haye and by round 8 both men will be badly swollen around the eyes.  Haye, weighing little over 208-210 will have trained for a long fight and trained to stay on his toes..  Wlad is unable to maul him and in round 10 a right hand from Haye will sit Wladimir on the seat of his behind.  He will climb up but Haye will
jump him and several more punches will result in the referees intervention..

We will find out in late April early May.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Jan 3 2011, 03:25 AM) *

I wouldn't go that far but I definitely think he has a legit shot v either, better with Wlad.

By the way, some of us are heading to Vegas (maybe for Haye v Wlad). You're invited if you bring your avatar along for the ride cool.gif. It is only fair given I'm expected to bring my wife, kid, sisters-in-law, and nieces. You know how much it costs for extra baggage these days?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Jan 3 2011, 04:40 AM) *
Ollie, you won't be surprised to read that I am yet to read a plausible explanation for how Haye can defeat either of the Klitschko's.  Does he run in and hope to do a Corrie Sanders ruthless assault on Wlad, does he attempt to use speed of movement and try to take the fight on points?  Does he play a game of patience waiting for the moment to loop his right hand over the top of Wlad's jab and take him out with one shot?  Does he even hit harder enough to drop Wlad with one shot? 

Everything points to Haye finding himself outgunned and outclassed.  See, speed is supposed to be Haye's big advantage but Wad is no slouch in the speed department and he possesses timing as well.  Timing kills speed alone and Wlad has both.  A jab from Wlad is strong enough to seriously hurt Haye and put him in trouble. 

However, I have convinced myself that Haye will win the fights.  The key for a Haye victory is to get inside.  Wlad cannot use his advantages on the inside at all and David Haye is elusive enough when he is on his game to slip the jab and land two, three punches up close.  He can then get outside again because Wlad does not have the heart of a warrior and won't recklessly fire back even though the opportunity will present itself.  Both men will tire down the stretch but it is Haye who will have the mental strength to overcome adversity and Wlad who will begin to doubt himself.  The right hand over the top will be a frequent weapon for Haye and by round 8 both men will be badly swollen around the eyes.  Haye, weighing little over 208-210 will have trained for a long fight and trained to stay on his toes..  Wlad is unable to maul him and in round 10 a right hand from Haye will sit Wladimir on the seat of his behind.  He will climb up but Haye will

Nice breakdown Sentral.

The problem with getting inside with Wlad is his proclivity for tying dudes up. Getting in and out, Pac style, is the key, and making Wlad throw more punches and stay more active than he is comfortable with. I also think Haye needs to catch Wlad early with something heavy that gets Wlads attention at least (if it doesn't drop him). Wlad would then use his energy protecting the china, unless it awakened the beast in him and he just beat the living dogshit out of Haye.

I really think this is the heavyweight fight we have all been waiting for. At least it has the potential of being so.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Jan 3 2011, 08:40 AM) *
, I have convinced myself that Haye will win the fights.  The key for a Haye victory is to get inside.  Wlad cannot use his advantages on the inside at all and David Haye is elusive enough when he is on his game to slip the jab and land two, three punches up close.  He can then get outside again because Wlad does not have the heart of a warrior and won't recklessly fire back even though the opportunity will present itself.  Both men will tire down the stretch but it is Haye who will have the mental strength to overcome adversity and Wlad who will begin to doubt himself.  The right hand over the top will be a frequent weapon for Haye and by round 8 both men will be badly swollen around the eyes.  Haye, weighing little over 208-210 will have trained for a long fight and trained to stay on his toes..  Wlad is unable to maul him and in round 10 a right hand from Haye will sit Wladimir on the seat of his behind.  He will climb up but Haye will

It sure reads exciting. But as an avid HW fan...I have found that any fight with the Klits with even the slightest level of buildup...is usually a BORING DUD in the end.

All of the weight to make a interesting fight win or lose falls on Haye.
JD
Wlad will batter Haye badly.
gravytrain
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 3 2011, 03:39 PM) *

that's how i see it. i've seen enough of Haye and Wlad to know that Haye just wont be able to beat Wlad. Wlad is going to keep him back with the jab and tie him up in the early rounds when Haye is still game then once loses a step he'll start catching him with the right hand.

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 2 2011, 10:00 PM) *

i just say that because it always looks like he's about to go to his corner and get on an oxygen tank.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Jan 3 2011, 08:40 AM) *

Well thanks for at least giving me a detailed breakdown as to the how and why even if I don't agree with most of it laugh.gif

See I think the jab from either bro will land on Haye frequently. The problem for Haye is he's never faced a speciman like a Klit. True neither guy has faced a Haye either although Vitali obviously faced Lennox but that was an aeon ago.

Both guys have a decent uppercut as well which I think will prevent Haye from getting to the inside. You think Haye can get to the inside, I don't. He faced a guy who was slow as molases in Valuev and he still looked hesitant to get inside and hit the kill button. Not that I've seen.

Haye has to come in quite light for this fight and force them to fight the full 3minutes of every round. Wlad we know can gas although Steward has done a fine job of restroing his confidence.

Smashing Ruiz and Harrison doesn't convince me that he has the tools to get the job done. Getting knocked down by Barrett worries me more.

I think both brothers will bring their 'A' jabs to the fight and will break down Haye just like they do everyone else. Left, left, overhand right all night long. Has Haye got the heart to find a way through it? Hmmmmm.

I do hope we see this in April/May, funnily enough I want to see Haye/Klit(s) more than Pac/PBF
The CEO
Wlad Klitschko will make an example of David Haye...

That's a fight I really wanna see...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 3 2011, 05:22 PM) *
Wlad Klitschko will make an example of David Haye...

That's a fight I really wanna see...

I hope he does make an example of Haye. It would be good to see him come out of his shell and beat the bitch impersonator out of him. But, at least Haye shows up in reasonable shape, unlike the majority of the heavies these days. He has good speed, decent movement and decent power.

If Wlad decides to make an example of Haye, he may just open himself up to a faceplanting experience.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 3 2011, 03:39 PM) *

Doubt It!

Wlad may K.O Haye but he won't batter him. Haye is far to skilled and athletic to sit there and get "battered".
JD
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 3 2011, 11:08 PM) *
Doubt It!

Wlad may K.O Haye but he won't batter him. Haye is far to skilled and athletic to sit there and get "battered".

He won't sit there...he will try to get inside and eat a jab and a hook / right. He will try to back up and eat a jab and a hook / right.

Wlad will in fact KO Haye, yes you are correct, but only after battering him. No, this won't be a 12 round battering because Haye cannot absorb that kind of punishment - he will be knocked out long before that. But he will be battered for however many rounds he can last before being knocked out.
The CEO
lol...JD and I have been all over this call for ages...

I see it goin' one of two ways...

1. Wlad feels him out for a few and destroys him within 6...maybe accidentally... haha.gif

2. Wlad carries and tortures him on purpose...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 4 2011, 05:44 AM) *
lol...JD and I have been all over this call for ages...

I see it goin' one of two ways...

1. Wlad feels him out for a few and destroys him within 6...maybe accidentally... haha.gif

2. Wlad carries and tortures him on purpose...

Fuck Haye. I can't stand the piece of shit. I just checked out the Barrett fight, again. Haye hits Barrett when he is obviously on the canvass two separate times with no consequence, then the ref takes time to deduct a point from Barrett when he does the same thing while The Bitch Impersonator theatrically plays to the crowd on one knee. I thought Haye must be Canadian and the fight must be in Quebec City for a moment there.

I hope you are right. The odds are with you, but Haye can definitely hurt Wlad early and get him outta there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.