Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Haye
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jan 7 2011, 03:34 AM) *
Phil Anselmo's opinion is spot on. Pretty funny to see him giving his drunken opinion on boxing.

who is this guy?... this shit is classic... lol...
JLUVBABY
whats funny is that wlad seems all but signed to face adamek in september... if they really wanted the haye fight seems that fight wouldnt even be of consideration till it was apparent the fight was dead in the water...
JD
Why didn't Haye just take the fight on 7/2?

That's what I don't understand here. Haye was willing to take the fight on 7/2 if, but only if Wlad didn't take the Chisora fight on 4/30? Why would it matter to him whether Klitschko took care of the Chisora fight first and then met his obligations for the agreed upon date?

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (jkfitpro @ Jan 6 2011, 06:42 PM) *
Totally agree. I don't often post on here but the bitching about Haye is getting way out of proportion.

Just saw this vid by Dwyer which more or less sums up my perspective in this debacle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGTuF-8n3c&feature=sub

dwyer is always on the money... he's calling what i said some time ago about the klits... they know who matches up better with who... lol... dwyer is on the money... if you havent listened to his perspective its a good listen...
D-MARV
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jan 7 2011, 03:53 AM) *
Wlad gave Haye a date. Haye didn't want it. It's not that hard to understand.

Bitches don't grow balls. That is a scientific, genetic fact. Wlad has never ducked anyone in his career, and his comp record proves it. The same cannot be said of David Haye. He has a history of bitching out, so David Haye gets all the blame here.

Yes, Wlad gave Haye a date tha was about 8 weeks after his "mandatory" challenge. Do you really think that was a realistic time frame for Wlad to fight? What happens if Wlad sustained an injury?

Haye wanted to fight in May and agreed to all of Wlad's demands. I'm not sure how anyone can pin this on Haye. Who fuck wants to see a mandatory?

Now this Adamek fight comes out of nowhere? That shit didn't happen overnight! So was Wlad planning on fighting his mandatory, Haye and Adamek within a 5 month span? If so, He's the man but I doubt it.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 7 2011, 07:54 AM) *
Yes, Wlad gave Haye a date tha was about 8 weeks after his "mandatory" challenge. Do you really think that was a realistic time frame for Wlad to fight? What happens if Wlad sustained an injury?

Haye wanted to fight in May and agreed to all of Wlad's demands. I'm not sure how anyone can pin this on Haye. Who fuck wants to see a mandatory?

Now this Adamek fight comes out of nowhere? That shit didn't happen overnight! So was Wlad planning on fighting his mandatory, Haye and Adamek within a 5 month span? If so, He's the man but I doubt it.

cuzz you know that wasnt the case marv... lol... wlad didnt want that fight... style wise its not the best fight for him... they prefer vitali take that assignment...
Fitz
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 8 2011, 12:04 AM) *

The lead singer from that heavy metal band 'Pantera'.
JD
I think it gets pinned on Haye because of the fact that he pulled out of signed fights with these guys multiple times already.

So now Wlad has no faith in the guy actually showing up to fight him and he doesn't want to sit idle until July 2nd only to have Haye pull out again, and he has opted to fight on April 30th as well. Haye was given first crack at the April date and declined due to TV issues (Amir Khan fight a couple weeks later / Royal wedding) and Wlad decided to take care of the Chisora fight on that date but at the same time do the Haye fight on July 2nd.

I don't really see the issue with that, nor do I see the issue with taking a fight in April before the July 2nd Haye fight. If Haye is willing to fight Wlad on July 2nd if he doesn't fight Chisora, he should just fight him on July 2nd even with the Chisora fight happening. Wlad isn't going to let Haye tell him not to take a fight...and Haye is going to take the approach that the time lines are unreasonable.
jkfitpro
I'm sure this won't mean much to people on this forum but i personally know people that are very close to Adam Booth and they had absolutely no doubt that the fight was going to happen. The only reason that it hasn't happened sooner is 1) They felt they needed 12-18 months after entering the heavweight division for Haye to fill out and adjust to the higher weight and 2) They wanted to make as much money as possible before fighting Wlad. Neither of these goals seem a lot to ask. The Haye camp spent most of December and the holiday period trying to iron out a deal which they thought was a green light. I was told just after Xmas that the fight was definitely going to happen.

Back in 2005 after winning the European cruiserweight title Haye said in a post fight interview that he intended to retire before his 30th birthday. He has since moved the date forward a year so that he can achieve his dream of unifying the titles. Now that Wlad is fighting on April 30th there is NO WAY that the July 2nd fight is going to happen. In addition, the Klits are asking for a rematch clause which they know Haye will not be able to honour if he sticks to his plans to retire before 31.

The general consensus in London is that the Klits are pushing for a Haye/Vitali match up which they think will be easier to win. This is just plain bad business and leaves a very bad taste in the mouth for future negotiations. Say what you want about Haye as a person but make no mistake, the Klitchko's are to blame for the latest turn of events.
jkfitpro
.......and now this Adamek fight....frickin undebelievable!
Spyder
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 7 2011, 08:10 AM) *
whats funny is that wlad seems all but signed to face adamek in september... if they really wanted the haye fight seems that fight wouldnt even be of consideration till it was apparent the fight was dead in the water...

Didn't David Haye send out a press release stating that he was "Done with Klitchkos"? I think that pretty much makes the fight dead in the water, don't you?

I agree with JD here...if Wlad wants to fight before the agreed upon date, then that's his prerogative. It should have no impact on the date that Wlad and Haye were signing contracts on.
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 7 2011, 09:45 AM) *
Didn't David Haye send out a press release stating that he was "Done with Klitchkos"? I think that pretty much makes the fight dead in the water, don't you?

I agree with JD here...if Wlad wants to fight before the agreed upon date, then that's his prerogative. It should have no impact on the date that Wlad and Haye were signing contracts on.

I mean, if Wlad had pulled out of the Haye fight once or twice already, then I could understand that approach - but Haye really has no ground to stand on there.

If he wants the fight, sign for 7/2, which he had said he was willing to, and worry about yourself...not what Wlad is doing in April.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 7 2011, 03:11 PM) *
I mean, if Wlad had pulled out of the Haye fight once or twice already, then I could understand that approach - but Haye really has no ground to stand on there.

If he wants the fight, sign for 7/2, which he had said he was willing to, and worry about yourself...not what Wlad is doing in April.

Indeed. My thoughts exactly

Lets be real here tho. In this saga, there are most definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, 2 parties to blame for it not happening. Pinning it all on either is ridiculous because there both behaving like spoilt bitches
JD
Of course...whenever you have two sides, each party shares some culpability - BUT, in this instance, Haye will bear most of the burden because of his prior actions. Moreover, when he is showing more concern with what his opponent is doing than himself, and using that as cause for not taking the fight - it muddies the waters further.

To me, just take the fight for 7/2 and wish Wlad luck against Chisora.
Maxy
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 7 2011, 11:11 AM) *

He can't get special dispensation from the WBA to put off his mandatory against Chagaev unless Klitschko is his next opponent and with Klitschko fighting in April, there are no guarantees he will be ready on July 2nd and the WBA are not prepared to wait that long on a possibility. 8 weeks isn't realistic when Wlad's closest gap between title fights is 13 weeks.

Haye DID agree to all the terms. The fight could have taken place in May or June in England but Wladimir has refused to come here.

Neither fighter comes out of this looking good. They have both called each other out for the past 3 years, one way or another. Wlad deserves a slating for allowing a voluntary defense against an unknown novice to scupper this fight but yet the majority are ignoring this fact when I'd bet half of them have never even heard of Chisora, let alone see him fight. This doesn't excuse Haye's bullshit antics in the past year or whatever it is either though.

The Klitschko's are like divas with their demands at the best of times but everything appeared to be straightened out and the fight was practically a done deal. It is Wlad who has now chosen to take on Chisora and that is why a spanner has been thrown into the works. Wlad's team blame SKY TV for the situation. I mean, come on, the whole thing is just a joke and now we read Adamek might follow Chisora? What a joke.
lloyd mayflower
I just cant believe the stupidity of it all. I mean really, because of the state of the division these guys inherited, and the even worse state it will be in when they soon leave it, for that reason alone Haye vs Wlad is a superfight, and one that will probably be remembered for a long time, cos after that fight, its a fuckin wasteland. These 2 guys are mutually beneficial. Just let us see it, get it over with then fuck off both of you!
JD
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 7 2011, 10:30 AM) *
He can't get special dispensation from the WBA to put off his mandatory against Chagaev unless Klitschko is his next opponent and with Klitschko fighting in April, there are no guarantees he will be ready on July 2nd and the WBA are not prepared to wait that long on a possibility. 8 weeks isn't realistic when Wlad's closest gap between title fights is 13 weeks.

Haye DID agree to all the terms. The fight could have taken place in May or June in England but Wladimir has refused to come here.

Neither fighter comes out of this looking good. They have both called each other out for the past 3 years, one way or another. Wlad deserves a slating for allowing a voluntary defense against an unknown novice to scupper this fight but yet the majority are ignoring this fact when I'd bet half of them have never even heard of Chisora, let alone see him fight. This doesn't excuse Haye's bullshit antics in the past year or whatever it is either though.

The Klitschko's are like divas with their demands at the best of times but everything appeared to be straightened out and the fight was practically a done deal. It is Wlad who has now chosen to take on Chisora and that is why a spanner has been thrown into the works. Wlad's team blame SKY TV for the situation. I mean, come on, the whole thing is just a joke and now we read Adamek might follow Chisora? What a joke.

Understood...so why not either fight Chagaev or just give up the strap and fight in July?

In fairness, no one considers Haye the champ, and accordingly he is not going to get the fight in his backyard. Being that 4/30 was the original date that they had available, Haye declined because the Khan fight and the wedding so that brought up 7/2...which Haye was fine with as long as Wlad did not fight Chisora.

So now we are here.
Spyder
Maybe the Brits can explain this to me...Why is a fucking wedding involved in the decision process of a boxing match?!
jkfitpro
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 7 2011, 11:30 AM) *

Thats another important point.

QUOTE (JD @ Jan 7 2011, 11:47 AM) *
Understood...so why not either fight Chagaev or just give up the strap and fight in July?

In fairness, no one considers Haye the champ, and accordingly he is not going to get the fight in his backyard. Being that 4/30 was the original date that they had available, Haye declined because the Khan fight and the wedding so that brought up 7/2...which Haye was fine with as long as Wlad did not fight Chisora.

So now we are here.

Lets get it straight. There is no way EITHER PARTY would allow a fight on 4/30 if Sky Box Office weren't involved. NO WAY! Sky generates 2-3 times the revenue of RTL and the German networks. So it wasn't Haye that declined. It just wasn't viable given the paltry selection of dates that Wlad offered for a fight on German Soil.

In all likelihood Haye will be forced to fight Chagaev in May or June. This will leave 4-5 months for a Wlad vs. Haye fight. However, the stumbling block here is that apparently they are demanding a rematch clause that they know Haye will not be able to honor if he sticks to his original plans to retire in Oct 2011.

And if the reports are to believed Wlad has signed a contract to fight Adamek in September?!?!?!!! GTFOH!! Be clear, the Klits have decided that a Haye/Vitali match up is now more preferable and have acted accordingly. This stinks, its bad for boxing, and the onus has to be placed on the Klitschko camp for this latest turn of events...

jkfitpro
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 7 2011, 11:45 AM) *
Haye is a drama queen, but The Sisters Klit and their two headed monster routine are pathetic. This aint some brawl outside a Manila saloon; "you take the Quackman wannabe, I'll take the drag queen with the butterfly knife."

I can picture them sitting around watching fight video deciding who takes who; "I'll make short work of the pudgy Brit and the little Pollack. You handle Haye." Shit is fucking hemlock for the heavyweight division.

They should be fighting each other, or one of them should take a short trip down a long flight of stairs (just kinda kidding).

LOL spot on beardo you do make me chuckle...
JD
QUOTE (jkfitpro @ Jan 7 2011, 11:17 AM) *
Lets get it straight. There is no way EITHER PARTY would allow a fight on 4/30 if Sky Box Office weren't involved. NO WAY! Sky generates 2-3 times the revenue of RTL and the German networks. So it wasn't Haye that declined. It just wasn't viable given the paltry selection of dates that Wlad offered for a fight on German Soil.

In all likelihood Haye will be forced to fight Chagaev in May or June. This will leave 4-5 months for a Wlad vs. Haye fight. However, the stumbling block here is that apparently they are demanding a rematch clause that they know Haye will not be able to honor if he sticks to his original plans to retire in Oct 2011.

And if the reports are to believed Wlad has signed a contract to fight Adamek in September?!?!?!!! GTFOH!! Be clear, the Klits have decided that a Haye/Vitali match up is now more preferable and have acted accordingly. This stinks, its bad for boxing, and the onus has to be placed on the Klitschko camp for this latest turn of events...

OK...so you are saying that Sky is a reason that 4/30 will not work...yes?

So, why not either offer Chagaev step aside money...fight him now and then Wlad on 7/2...or drop the strap and take the fight on 7/2 anyway?

See, the problem Haye has is that his reliability as an opponent is severely damaged due to the fact that he didn't pull out of a Klitschko fight once - he pulled out multiple times.

As I said earlier, there is blame to be laid on both parties, problem is, Haye will bear the brunt of it because of his actions leading up to now. Haye could have had the fight on 7/2 but his claim is that he would only take it if Wlad does not fight Chisora - and I think we all know that there is little chance Wlad is going to allow Team Haye to tell him who he will and will not fight.

If the sticking point for Haye is some arbitrary retirement date that he already changed, then I guess he has the option to either change the date again, or hope to cram all his plans into less than a 12 month span - the only problem there is that he is going to need to realize that he is not going to be able to do it on his terms; i.e., a July 2nd fight with Wlad where he dictates that Wlad cannot fight anyone else before then.
jkfitpro
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 7 2011, 12:50 PM) *
OK...so you are saying that Sky is a reason that 4/30 will not work...yes?

So, why not either offer Chagaev step aside money...fight him now and then Wlad on 7/2...or drop the strap and take the fight on 7/2 anyway?

See, the problem Haye has is that his reliability as an opponent is severely damaged due to the fact that he didn't pull out of a Klitschko fight once - he pulled out multiple times.

As I said earlier, there is blame to be laid on both parties, problem is, Haye will bear the brunt of it because of his actions leading up to now. Haye could have had the fight on 7/2 but his claim is that he would only take it if Wlad does not fight Chisora - and I think we all know that there is little chance Wlad is going to allow Team Haye to tell him who he will and will not fight.

If the sticking point for Haye is some arbitrary retirement date that he already changed, then I guess he has the option to either change the date again, or hope to cram all his plans into less than a 12 month span - the only problem there is that he is going to need to realize that he is not going to be able to do it on his terms; i.e., a July 2nd fight with Wlad where he dictates that Wlad cannot fight anyone else before then.

If you think that, after a 9 week break, a July 2nd fight is genuinely viable now you must be crazy lol ! And even if, by any wild stretch of the imagination Wlad would be ready for that date, it looks like Wlad has been negotiating behind closed doors all along and has agreed to fight Adamek in September.

I agree that Haye's actions have delayed proceedings in the past, but this latest fuck up lays squarely at the Klitschko camp. Whether or not Haye would win against Wlad is debatable but i can assure you that the Haye camp want the Wlad fight and indeed were convinced it was a done deal. I'm pretty sure the Klits have changed their mind at the eleventh hour, probably over the Klitschko familiy Xmas dinner, and decided to push for a Haye/Vitali fight.

Either way, it looks like they've forced Haye's hand and he is now in negotiations for a Chagaev fight in May:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...an-Chagaev.html
JD
QUOTE (jkfitpro @ Jan 7 2011, 12:30 PM) *
If you think that, after a 9 week break, a July 2nd fight is genuinely viable now you must be crazy lol ! And even if, by any wild stretch of the imagination Wlad would be ready for that date, it looks like Wlad has been negotiating behind closed doors all along and has agreed to fight Adamek in September.

I agree that Haye's actions have delayed proceedings in the past, but this latest fuck up lays squarely at the Klitschko camp. Whether or not Haye would win against Wlad is debatable but i can assure you that the Haye camp want the Wlad fight and indeed were convinced it was a done deal. I'm pretty sure the Klits have changed their mind at the eleventh hour, probably over the Klitschko familiy Xmas dinner, and decided to push for a Haye/Vitali fight.

Either way, it looks like they've forced Haye's hand and he is now in negotiations for a Chagaev fight in May:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...an-Chagaev.html

I guess I am crazy then...because I do think it is viable, and if Haye thinks Wlad is bluffing - call the bluff and sign the contract for July 2nd, don't use the Chisora fight as the reason not to sign the contract.

At this point, we are stuck with Haye not trusting that the July 2nd fight is within reason after Chisora and Wlad refusing to allow Haye to tell him who he can fight leading up to the two of them sharing a ring. As I said, both sides share blame here - right, wrong or indifferent, Haye will just be stuck shouldering more of it because of his past actions with the Klitschkos.
Spyder
This is bullshit! We've been reduced to talking about who won the fight negotiations rather than who will win the fight! lol

Anyway, it is entirely plausible that Wlad could be prepared to fight Haye in the 9 weeks alloted. You forget, he'll ALREADY be in fighting shape. He'll only need to maintain that condition, and heal from whatever wounds he received from Chisora.

It's not that difficult. SRR used to fight 3 times in a single month.
jkfitpro
Of course i agree that in theory a fight after nine weeks is possible....its just that Wlad hasn't had a break of less than 3 months inbetween fights for over 10 years! And this is possibly his biggest fight ever.

You can very easily turn the tables around and say why the fuck is Wlad choosing to fight a nobody instead of a career defining fight. Its Wlad who has made the clear decision to not fight Haye on this occasion not the other way round. Anyway its no good picking apart the finer details of this negotiations. Wlad (the impaler) has put the final nail in the coffin - the fight will almost certainly never happen now.

Its going to be Chagaev vs. Haye in late May/ early June? Curious as to how people think this fight will go down?

D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 7 2011, 01:30 PM) *
I guess I am crazy then...because I do think it is viable, and if Haye thinks Wlad is bluffing - call the bluff and sign the contract for July 2nd, don't use the Chisora fight as the reason not to sign the contract.

At this point, we are stuck with Haye not trusting that the July 2nd fight is within reason after Chisora and Wlad refusing to allow Haye to tell him who he can fight leading up to the two of them sharing a ring. As I said, both sides share blame here - right, wrong or indifferent, Haye will just be stuck shouldering more of it because of his past actions with the Klitschkos.

JD, you keep bringing up the past but we're talking right now! Wlad went on youtube and called Haye a pussy and told him to man the fuck up. Guess What? Haye has man'd the fuck up, agreed to every single demand Wlad threw at him, yet Wlad still feels he has to take on his Mandatory. Let's get serious JD, you and I both nkow wlad ain't fjighting Haye 8 weeks after his fight with Chisora. Considering the fact that Wlad has been making hidden negotiations with Adamek, It looks as if he wants big brother to take out the garbage.

At the end of the day, it's just another black eye for boxing. Pretty much, the only heavyweight fight that means anything WON'T fucking happen. I blame both parties for this but this last episode is on Wlad.
JD
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 7 2011, 02:25 PM) *
JD, you keep bringing up the past but we're talking right now! Wlad went on youtube and called Haye a pussy and told him to man the fuck up. Guess What? Haye has man'd the fuck up, agreed to every single demand Wlad threw at him, yet Wlad still feels he has to take on his Mandatory. Let's get serious JD, you and I both nkow wlad ain't fjighting Haye 8 weeks after his fight with Chisora. Considering the fact that Wlad has been making hidden negotiations with Adamek, It looks as if he wants big brother to take out the garbage.

At the end of the day, it's just another black eye for boxing. Pretty much, the only heavyweight fight that means anything WON'T fucking happen. I blame both parties for this but this last episode is on Wlad.

I am bringing up the past in regards to how this will all be perceived, moreover one has to understand why Wlad would not want to chance holding off until July and risk Haye pulling out yet again, so he wants to take both fights.

At the end of the day Haye can very easily agree to the July 2nd date and call what he perceives to be Wlad's bluff if he does not think that he can be ready in July...I see no reason why he couldn't beat Chisora in April and be ready in July. But whatever, I think both sides share in the blame for reasons I already mentioned.
BGv2.0
I've read this whole much ado about nothing thread.....and I have yet to see this possibility come up.

Let's face it...we can all set here and say this person is to blame or that person is to blame....(my two cents is that they are all to blame, Haye for a couple of questionable backouts and the Klits for INSANE F'N options that no fighter should have to deal with)....BUT....at the end of the day...we are not insiders and we all know that a whole hell of a lot happens that we don't even know about.

COULD it be possible that maybe Haye and his people seem to think Chisora could pull off the upset?

Maybe they all know some inside shit we don't....Chisora sounds confident as hell, Wlad did cancel it once already and now Haye seems like it does not want to see that match take place....

A Chisora win keeps the belts Haye is after held up for a LONG TIME...

Somebody already said in this thread that Chisora signed the BS agreement Haye refused. If he beat Wlad he would then have to fight Vitali (Haye's actually called for a Wlad/Vitali/Wlad deal...hope the poor kid did not sign off on that)...that puts any shot at both those belts out of reach for a LONG TIME!

AND...it loses MILLIONS for all involved.

Just a thought.
Maxy
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 7 2011, 03:59 PM) *
I've read this whole much ado about nothing thread.....and I have yet to see this possibility come up.

Let's face it...we can all set here and say this person is to blame or that person is to blame....(my two cents is that they are all to blame, Haye for a couple of questionable backouts and the Klits for INSANE F'N options that no fighter should have to deal with)....BUT....at the end of the day...we are not insiders and we all know that a whole hell of a lot happens that we don't even know about.

COULD it be possible that maybe Haye and his people seem to think Chisora could pull off the upset?

Maybe they all know some inside shit we don't....Chisora sounds confident as hell, Wlad did cancel it once already and now Haye seems like it does not want to see that match take place....

A Chisora win keeps the belts Haye is after held up for a LONG TIME...

Somebody already said in this thread that Chisora signed the BS agreement Haye refused. If he beat Wlad he would then have to fight Vitali (Haye's actually called for a Wlad/Vitali/Wlad deal...hope the poor kid did not sign off on that)...that puts any shot at both those belts out of reach for a LONG TIME!

AND...it loses MILLIONS for all involved.

Just a thought.

Nah mate, a Chisora victory ain't possible. Simple, he is nowhere near good enough to box at this level yet. It's absolutely ridiculous that he has this opportunity because he is totally out of his depth. A good talker, yeah, but that's all he is.

SKY won't do the fight with Haye in April cos of Amir Khan vs Lamont Peterson....I mean, seriously, does anyone care if that fight is put back a month to allow for Haye-Klitschko? Oh then there is the wedding...well, the media over here will saturate us with all that wedding shit but why does it stop SKY hyping up a big fight? I'm sure it wouldn't.
JD
I say we blame Amir Khan.
Maxy
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 7 2011, 04:13 PM) *
I say we blame Amir Khan.

Yeah lets all blame Khan.

laugh.gif
JD
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 7 2011, 03:14 PM) *
Yeah lets all blame Khan.

laugh.gif

Problem solved!

As a result I think that Kermit Cintron should be the next opponent for either Haye or the Klitschkos.
jkfitpro
Dammit Khan!
BGv2.0
KHAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Let's see who gets that reference! lol
Spyder
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 8 2011, 12:04 AM) *

He was the singer of one of the biggest metal bands ever in Pantera & a huge boxing fan. He got real fucked up on drugs after injuring his back but in his prime he was a devestating frontman & a awesome singer. Glad to hear he is off the gear now although he sounds far from sober in that clip.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 8 2011, 03:16 AM) *
Maybe the Brits can explain this to me...Why is a fucking wedding involved in the decision process of a boxing match?!

Not a Brit but fuck the Royal family if they televise their poxy fucking wedding of a balding cunt & his common as muck piece over any form of football out here.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 8 2011, 05:44 AM) *
He'll only need to maintain that condition, and heal from whatever wounds he received from Chisora.

What bruised knuckles?

QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 8 2011, 05:44 AM) *
It's not that difficult. SRR used to fight 3 times in a single month.

Yeah & he talked read good afterwards.
Warlord
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 7 2011, 07:35 PM) *
KHAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Let's see who gets that reference! lol

Big Slim Sweet
I get why Wlad doesn't want to put off fighting until July 2 given Haye's history of backing out of fights, but why not just skip the 4/30 defense against Chisora, sign to fight Haye on 7/2 and have Chisora scheduled for the undercard in case Haye pulls another disappearing act? The fights in Germany so Wlad's the guy selling tickets anyway, no?

It does seem like throughout this process the Klitschko's have quietly tried to steer Haye more towards Vitali, whereas Haye seems to be far more interested in fighting Wlad.
Big Slim Sweet
^^^^^

If it wasn't clear what I meant there, Chisora would then slide into the main event against Wlad should Haye back out.
blackbelt2003
To quote MC Eiht -

"If you ask me, both of y'all are acting like a couple bitches right now."

Black
Fitz
By Mark Vester

Manager and trainer Adam Booth told Daily Express that WBA heavyweight champion David Haye is very interested in facing WBC champion Vitali Klitschko in May. Klitschko defends his title against undefeated Odlanier Solis on March 19. Booth told the paper that his fighter will not sit around and wait for a bout with WBO/IBO/IBF champion Wladimir Klitschko. If Solis manages to get the upset over Vitali, Haye is willing to face him as well.

Booth said: “I just hope Vitali has a bigger set of man jewels than his brother, who should go into politics and work as a spin doctor. The Wladimir Klitschko fight is dead in the water. He didn’t want it, simple as that, but David Haye’s career does not revolve around him. Unlike all the 50-odd opponents who Wladimir has fought, David is not going to sit around waiting for him.

“Vitali Klitschko’s fight with Solis for the WBC title is interesting because, if Vitali wins, David would love to take him on. If Solis wins, it will be a rematch of their fight in the world amateur championships, where Solis won and David took the silver. That would be a great fight.”

He is apparently interested in Vitali now. Though from the article, it doesn't say anything about what Vitali has said. Vitali is fighting Solis in March, Haye says he wants to fight Vitali in May.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 15 2011, 08:24 PM) *
He is apparently interested in Vitali now. Though from the article, it doesn't say anything about what Vitali has said. Vitali is fighting Solis in March, Haye says he wants to fight Vitali in May.

vitali had better stay focused on solis... im one of the few that give him a legit shot in that fight... solis is a much liver dog than people give him credit for...
ViperSniper
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 16 2011, 10:16 AM) *

Haha how unusual to see..that's a crazy video!
JD
Sky and the German cable operators only have the end of April and July 2 as the dates...Haye did not want April, while he believes Vitali can be ready in 9 weeks, he does not believe Wlad can for the July 2 date.

Whatever.

Haye should just fight Wlad on July 2.
PW1
I honestly fail see why Haye can't sign a July 2nd date.
gravytrain
QUOTE (PW1 @ Jan 16 2011, 01:39 PM) *
I honestly fail see why Haye can't sign a July 2nd date.

then he couldn't make a ridiculous excuse to be done with Wlad and Vitali.
Byrd Man
Rafael over at ESPN was blaming Haye for the fight not happening saying that he refused to let Wlad have an interim fight, pointing out that Haye could have one as well.

Not saying that Haye doesn't deserve some blame, but for any Klitschko supporters to use THAT excuse to rip another fighter is laughable.

Perhaps they don't recall that Wlad screwed Chris Byrd all over with the contract stipulations including making Byrd sit on the sidelines for months while Wlad had a tuneup (or two? can't recall off the top) before they fought. In fact they wouldn't let Byrd have a tuneup in that time.

I've sided with Wlad over this Haye bullshit, and still do for the most part, but facts are facts, and Wlad's supporters shouldn't jump on this particular point too much.

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.php?showtopic=25890

On his first fight with Wladimir Klitschko and having to fight him immediately after beating his brother Vitali:

“Like I said, the politics and business of boxing, it was a great time in my boxing career to win the title but then I had to go with the business and politics of boxing. Really, if you’re not at the top level and going through stuff, you really don’t know what’s going on behind the backdoor with negotiating and how they plan and want to put people in certain situations. It wasn’t for me to be WBO champion at that time, so of course, from the fight with Vitali to Wladimir there was so much negotiating that was going on that was terrible. It wasn’t in my favor and they forced me to fight Wladimir in my very next fight. It wasn’t really deserved, I don’t think and I waited. He had two fights and an exhibition in that whole time. They wouldn’t allow me to have an exhibition or do nothing. I mean, he had an exhibition like three weeks before we fought and I’m like, ‘This is crazy’. But the Germans were the lead promoters and that’s their fighter, and when you understand what goes on, like I said with the business side and the business decisions, which favors the Germans so I was told I still have to fight. I go in and fight, he beat me really bad—I mean it was bad. More power to him.”
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.