Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Haye
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
D-MARV
It's no secret that the Klitschko's are a bitch to negotiate with. Byrd, Haye, and Adamek are not the only fighters who have stated this. I just can't see how anyone can put this who blame on Haye. I'm not a huge fan of Haye and I have a lot respect for both Klitschkos but this shit is stupid. Both sides have pulled bitch moves with it came to negotiating this fight and at the end of the day, it really just hurts the sport.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 18 2011, 03:30 AM) *
It's no secret that the Klitschko's are a bitch to negotiate with. Byrd, Haye, and Adamek are not the only fighters who have stated this. I just can't see how anyone can put this who blame on Haye. I'm not a huge fan of Haye and I have a lot respect for both Klitschkos but this shit is stupid. Both sides have pulled bitch moves with it came to negotiating this fight and at the end of the day, it really just hurts the sport.

I agree. I think overall, Haye has had multiple chances to fight Wlad, and backed out for whatever reason. I actually give him the benefit of the doubt over the back injury he claims to have had with Wlad the 1st time around. Then with Vitali he had agreed to the deal which reportedly was the same as the Wlad one, and then decided to go for Valuev instead.

I understood that because let's be honest, a title would help him in negotiations, and if you had to go up against either Wlad, Vitali or Valuev? Shit, that's no choice at all. lol.

However, he loses people when he talks SO much shit and then doesn't step in and fight. You can't trash talk THAT much and then start complaining about how it's being negotiated.

Everyone knows the Klitschkos are assholes when it comes to negotiations, as you said, and while I side with Wlad a bit over Haye on these things, just on the basis of how much shit Haye stirred up and then came up with excuses, it works both ways.

This most recent one, I blame on the networks really. Sky couldn't come up with something? They can only put on one PPV a month? Fuck that, you got two monster fights, and you can't make a double header out of that? Put the Khan fight and the Haye/Klit fight on the same night and charge whatever you want and you'll STILL rake in untold millions over in the UK for that. Then factor in the PPV #'s over in Germany and in the US (even on tape delay), and everyone goes home richer, including the fans.

But everyone has gotten used to blaming David for everything, which he's deserved a bit, that they're jumping on the idea that he's to blame for this one. I don't necessarily think it's either of their faults completely. Sure they could have put some more pressure on the networks to get shit taken care of and didn't, but at the end of the day, I think the networks get the blame for this one. With Haye taking a bit if the "no tuneup" fight thing was true.
The CEO
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 16 2011, 01:35 PM) *
Sky and the German cable operators only have the end of April and July 2 as the dates...Haye did not want April, while he believes Vitali can be ready in 9 weeks, he does not believe Wlad can for the July 2 date.

Whatever.

Haye should just fight Wlad on July 2.

QUOTE (PW1 @ Jan 16 2011, 01:39 PM) *
I honestly fail see why Haye can't sign a July 2nd date.

From what I gather...Wlad wants to face 3 guys (Chisora, Haye, and Adamek) in less than a 5 month span, and Haye wants to retire...

Who should be commended and who should be bashed?...lol...I think it's obvious as well...
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 18 2011, 01:23 PM) *
From what I gather...Wlad wants to face 3 guys (Chisora, Haye, and Adamek) in less than a 5 month span, and Haye wants to retire...Who should be commended and who should be bashed?...lol...I think it's obvious as well...

Wlad in this case is a victim of the attitudes of current boxers. Haye looked at that and thought, no chance. He's not fighting that often. Just yesterday I was fucking around on boxrec after reading the article about Lyle and Shavers. Earnie Shavers fought something like 17 times in 1971. I'm not saying todays boxers need to do that, but how about more than 2 or 3 fights in a year. And we wonder why there are so few superstars anymore
BGv2.0
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 18 2011, 08:23 AM) *
From what I gather...Wlad wants to face 3 guys (Chisora, Haye, and Adamek) in less than a 5 month span, and Haye wants to retire...

Who should be commended and who should be bashed?...lol...I think it's obvious as well...

Now let's get serious for a second.....Haye is an easy target due to his mouth...but that is a total load of BS.

When in his entire career since he became a champion have we ever seen Wlad fight 3 people in 5 months?

That will NEVER happen.

I'll commend his ass when he completes such a claim.

IF he fights Chisora, insert sub for Haye here, and Adamek in 5 months....I will change my user name to "Wlad's bitch"

Save this thread....cause that's how confident I am that shit will NEVER happen!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 18 2011, 10:54 AM) *
Now let's get serious for a second.....Haye is an easy target due to his mouth...but that is a total load of BS.

When in his entire career since he became a champion have we ever seen Wlad fight 3 people in 5 months?

That will NEVER happen.

IF he fights Chisora, insert sub for Haye here, and Adamek in 5 months....I will change my user name to "Wlad's bitch"

Save this thread....cause that's how confident I am that shit will NEVER happen!

i think you are pretty safe bg... lol...
D-MARV
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 18 2011, 11:54 AM) *

That will NEVER happen.

+1
and CEO knows this too. I know Wlad's his boy but he doesn't believe that shit for one minute. I like Wlad... he doesn't get the credit he deserves but he's not totally innocent with this recent break down.
The CEO
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 18 2011, 11:54 AM) *

That will NEVER happen.

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 18 2011, 12:14 PM) *
+1
and CEO knows this too. I know Wlad's his boy but he doesn't believe that shit for one minute. I like Wlad... he doesn't get the credit he deserves but he's not totally innocent with this recent break down.

lol...if bein' "my boy" means I DON'T Hate the guy, so be it...because you (as well as all the old regulars) know I don't let it go past Like when it comes fighters...in fact, I haven't hugged a fighter's nuts since 1986...

"Like a few, Hate a lot." is my motto.

but yeah...let's get serious...you're right, BG...it will NEVER happen...because Haye won't let his balls venture out of his body and simply sign for the July 2nd date....therefore, Klitschko will probably relinquish a 2nd fight in the series and only fight Chisora and Adamek...

You can't always get what you want, Wladdy.

So once again...similarly and comprehensively....considering the histories and actions of both Wlad and Haye, from before AND after Haye ran up on him on the elevator...who is to be more blamed and who is to be more commended of the two?

Come on now...
Maxy
I've already explained it somewhere in this thread.

Fact is the WBA will not give Haye special dispensation to put back his mandatory so he can fight Wladimir on July 2nd because Wladimir is fighting on April 30th.

However, Haye is a bitch.

Wlad fighting Chisora makes him just as much of a bitch though.

gravytrain
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 18 2011, 02:06 PM) *
I've already explained it somewhere in this thread.

Fact is the WBA will not give Haye special dispensation to put back his mandatory so he can fight Wladimir on July 2nd because Wladimir is fighting on April 30th.

However, Haye is a bitch.

Wlad fighting Chisora makes him just as much of a bitch though.

If Haye had a better track record Wlad probably wouldn't be fighting Chisora. It's not like Haye didn't lie during the first negotiations, postpone, and then pull out altogether. As the HW champion there's no fucking way I'm going to let a person like that dictate my schedule.

Maxy
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 18 2011, 02:23 PM) *
If Haye had a better track record Wlad probably wouldn't be fighting Chisora. It's not like Haye didn't lie during the first negotiations, postpone, and then pull out altogether. As the HW champion there's no fucking way I'm going to let a person like that dictate my schedule.

So you think Wlad fighting Chisora is a worthy world title match-up then? Oh, and do people seriously suffer from memory loss or do they only take on board what they want to believe? Fuck me mate, don't bring up the first negotiations as a valid argument. It's been done to death, explained, covered.

Ain't defending Haye btw, he's a bitch whose only remaining goal in life is to be the first black James Bond.
JD
The board has not even approved Chagaev.

Haye can pay him step aside money, fight him and then fight Wlad in July or give up the belt to fight Wlad in July. Sky Sports and the German cable operator only have April 30 and July 2 as coinciding dates that work - and Haye doesn't want April 30th, so if he wants July 2nd, Wlad is not willing to sit around until then without fighting and then run the risk that he pulls out again.
Maxy
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 18 2011, 02:42 PM) *
The board has not even approved Chagaev.

Haye can pay him step aside money, fight him and then fight Wlad in July or give up the belt to fight Wlad in July. Sky Sports and the German cable operator only have April 30 and July 2 as coinciding dates that work - and Haye doesn't want April 30th, so if he wants July 2nd, Wlad is not willing to sit around until then without fighting and then run the risk that he pulls out again.

It's not that Haye doesn't approve April 30th, it's Sky TV who won't accept that particular date for a PPV event. I understand and fully accept that Wlad doesn't want to hang around until July 2nd but fuck me, Derek Chisora simply isn't worthy AT ALL. It's as much of a mockery as Haye-Harrison. They are all a bunch of fuckin' jokers, come on man, this shit is soooo frustrating.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 18 2011, 02:32 PM) *
So you think Wlad fighting Chisora is a worthy world title match-up then? Oh, and do people seriously suffer from memory loss or do they only take on board what they want to believe? Fuck me mate, don't bring up the first negotiations as a valid argument. It's been done to death, explained, covered.

Ain't defending Haye btw, he's a bitch whose only remaining goal in life is to be the first black James Bond.

What HWs are that Wlad hasn't already fought? Povetkin and Adamek are the only other ones left, Povetkin wont fight and Wlad is fighting Adamek too.

Alright, first negotiations aside would you really give Haye a second chance if you were Wlad? He called you out on an escalator while you were in the middle of something, talked about knocking you and your brother out, had a shirt of your decapitated heads in his hands, and has just been bullshitting you for a significant amount of time. Is this the type of guy you accommodate or are you going to get your guaranteed fight and fight Haye if he doesn't pull out or find some excuse?
Maxy
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 18 2011, 04:00 PM) *
What HWs are that Wlad hasn't already fought? Povetkin and Adamek are the only other ones left, Povetkin wont fight and Wlad is fighting Adamek too.

Alright, first negotiations aside would you really give Haye a second chance if you were Wlad? He called you out on an escalator while you were in the middle of something, talked about knocking you and your brother out, had a shirt of your decapitated heads in his hands, and has just been bullshitting you for a significant amount of time. Is this the type of guy you accommodate or are you going to get your guaranteed fight and fight Haye if he doesn't pull out or find some excuse?

It's a moot point. Wlad seems to have already made his decision by lining up Adamek after the Chisora farce. He's basically saying to David Haye, "You assumed I needed you, you figured I'd drop everything to fight you but you were dead wrong."

Fair play to him on a personal note, fuck Haye, he can't be trusted but don't go down Haye's route and fight a no hoper. Unless you want to further kill the dying division by wasting time with a bloke who has sod all chance. If he has to fight Chisora cos he wants to keep busy then do a Julio Cesar Chavez and make it what it should be....a non title fight. Man up, slag Haye for fighting Harrison and tell the world, "I'm fighting Derek Chisora to keep busy but I understand this is not an acceptable world title fight. I'm not David Haye, I do not wish to con the naive."

Nah mate, that would never happen cos basically he's no better than Haye. Another cunt fuckin' up a fucked up division.
JD
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 18 2011, 02:47 PM) *
It's not that Haye doesn't approve April 30th, it's Sky TV who won't accept that particular date for a PPV event. I understand and fully accept that Wlad doesn't want to hang around until July 2nd but fuck me, Derek Chisora simply isn't worthy AT ALL. It's as much of a mockery as Haye-Harrison. They are all a bunch of fuckin' jokers, come on man, this shit is soooo frustrating.

Sure it's a lame fight...but why should Wlad let Haye dictate whether he can take a tuneup or not? If Wlad does not want to risk being idle for a year because he thinks Haye will have another excuse, I don't blame him - and if Haye does not believe Wlad will be ready, well, sign the contract and put that theory to test.

If Haye does not want to fight the yet to be approved Chagaev, offer him step aside money or say eff the belt.

The July 2 date is there...it has been offered...and Haye is using the Chisora fight as the reason not to take it, but he knows full well Wlad isn't going to pass on the fight becuase: A) he does not want to be idle for that long, and B ) he is not going to let Haye dictate what he can and cannot do.

Look, most boxers that make the bigtime are cocky bastards who are impossible to deal with now...but fuck, for all Haye's talking and his past actions, the dude can shut everyone's mouth and just take the July 2nd date instead of going on and on about the same crap.
Maxy
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 18 2011, 03:24 PM) *
Sure it's a lame fight...but why should Wlad let Haye dictate whether he can take a tuneup or not? If Wlad does not want to risk being idle for a year because he thinks Haye will have another excuse, I don't blame him - and if Haye does not believe Wlad will be ready, well, sign the contract and put that theory to test.

If Haye does not want to fight the yet to be approved Chagaev, offer him step aside money or say eff the belt.

The July 2 date is there...it has been offered...and Haye is using the Chisora fight as the reason not to take it, but he knows full well Wlad isn't going to pass on the fight becuase: A) he does not want to be idle for that long, and B ) he is not going to let Haye dictate what he can and cannot do.

Look, most boxers that make the bigtime are cocky bastards who are impossible to deal with now...but fuck, for all Haye's talking and his past actions, the dude can shut everyone's mouth and just take the July 2nd date instead of going on and on about the same crap.

Mate, I understand what you are saying and I do agree with you but there is more to it than that. All in all though, and I know we both agree on this...the whole David Haye heavyweight saga has become extremely tiresome and no more than false promises followed by a complete waste of time and energy.
JD
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 18 2011, 03:38 PM) *
Mate, I understand what you are saying and I do agree with you but there is more to it than that. All in all though, and I know we both agree on this...the whole David Haye heavyweight saga has become extremely tiresome and no more than false promises followed by a complete waste of time and energy.

I hear you...and believe me, I have all the sides on this nonsense.

I just think Haye weakened his case further by asking for the Vitali fight with the exact same turnaround time Wlad would have had...and to make matters worse, did so on a date he knew did not work for the German cable operator.

It seems like he is just doing anything to keep the wheels spinning without any intent of actually going anywhere.
Maxy
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 18 2011, 04:48 PM) *
I hear you...and believe me, I have all the sides on this nonsense.

I just think Haye weakened his case further by asking for the Vitali fight with the exact same turnaround time Wlad would have had...and to make matters worse, did so on a date he knew did not work for the German cable operator.

It seems like he is just doing anything to keep the wheels spinning without any intent of actually going anywhere.

But when he's the first ever black James Bond it'll all be irrelevant.

No seriously I see what you're saying and I do agree that he appears to be playing us all for mugs whilst ignorantly believing we are stupid enough to buy into his crap. This whole sorry saga, added to the Mayweather-Pac stuff just makes me wish I lived in an era where the best fought the best again and showed some damn pride.
JLUVBABY
i have a feeling solis helps bring some of this hw mess into more order 2 months from now... he has a real chance there..
JD
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 18 2011, 03:57 PM) *
But when he's the first ever black James Bond it'll all be irrelevant.

No seriously I see what you're saying and I do agree that he appears to be playing us all for mugs whilst ignorantly believing we are stupid enough to buy into his crap. This whole sorry saga, added to the Mayweather-Pac stuff just makes me wish I lived in an era where the best fought the best again and showed some damn pride.

LOL...good point.

Byrd Man
People who criticize Wlad for fighting Chisora, please explain who else he's supposed to fight? His brother is out of the question, so it shouldn't even be brought up.

That leaves Haye, Povetkin, Adamak and Solis to my knowledge that he has not fought in the top 10 or so. Povetkin won't fight him despite being a mandatory for two years. Adamek has been taking his time, but is about to fight him, and Solis isn't much better of a choice than Chisora if at all.

That leaves Haye, who also has had chance after chance to fight Wlad or his brother and has backed out repeatedly for a variety of reasons.

At a certain point, Wlad ceases being responsible for not fighting creditble opponents, when there stops BEING credible opponents that he hasn't fought yet.

Who else is there? fat ass James Toney? Like Wlad or Vitali wouldn't put him into a coma. Seriously, considering Povetkin and Haye won't fight Wlad, he's fighting Chisora and Adamek and his brother is fighting Solis, please tell me who he's supposed to fight that won't have people crying about how he's fighting some chump.

Here are the Ring/ESPN HW rankings. Who on here that he hasn't fought yet (and who hasn't avoided fighting him) would he be able to fight? The Bolded are the ones who I believe hasn't fought Wlad.

The Ring HW Ratings

CHamp: Wlad

01. Vitali
02. David Haye
03. Povetkin
04. Tomasz Adamek

05. Chagaev
06. Eddie Chambers
07. Denis Boytsov
08. Nikolai Valuev
09. Alexander Dimitrenko

10. Chris Arreola

ESPN HW Ratings

01. Wlad
02. Vitali
03. David HAye
04. Povetkin
05. Adamek

06. Chagaev
07. Valuev
08. Tony Thompson
09. Denis Boytsov
10. Eddie Chambers

Now aside from perhaps Haye or Adamek and MAYBE Valuev just for the freak show attraction, who on this list would he be able to fight before people would stop with the "oh he's fighting ANOTHER bum".
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jan 18 2011, 04:38 PM) *
People who criticize Wlad for fighting Chisora, please explain who else he's supposed to fight? His brother is out of the question, so it shouldn't even be brought up.

That leaves Haye, Povetkin, Adamak and Solis to my knowledge that he has not fought in the top 10 or so. Povetkin won't fight him despite being a mandatory for two years. Adamek has been taking his time, but is about to fight him, and Solis isn't much better of a choice than Chisora if at all.

That leaves Haye, who also has had chance after chance to fight Wlad or his brother and has backed out repeatedly for a variety of reasons.

At a certain point, Wlad ceases being responsible for not fighting creditble opponents, when there stops BEING credible opponents that he hasn't fought yet.

Who else is there? fat ass James Toney? Like Wlad or Vitali wouldn't put him into a coma. Seriously, considering Povetkin and Haye won't fight Wlad, he's fighting Chisora and Adamek and his brother is fighting Solis, please tell me who he's supposed to fight that won't have people crying about how he's fighting some chump.

Here are the Ring/ESPN HW rankings. Who on here that he hasn't fought yet (and who hasn't avoided fighting him) would he be able to fight? The Bolded are the ones who I believe hasn't fought Wlad.

The Ring HW Ratings

CHamp: Wlad

01. Vitali
02. David Haye
03. Povetkin
04. Tomasz Adamek

05. Chagaev
06. Eddie Chambers
07. Denis Boytsov
08. Nikolai Valuev
09. Alexander Dimitrenko

10. Chris Arreola

ESPN HW Ratings

01. Wlad
02. Vitali
03. David HAye
04. Povetkin
05. Adamek

06. Chagaev
07. Valuev
08. Tony Thompson
09. Denis Boytsov
10. Eddie Chambers

Now aside from perhaps Haye or Adamek and MAYBE Valuev just for the freak show attraction, who on this list would he be able to fight before people would stop with the "oh he's fighting ANOTHER bum".

thats his catch 22... none of the heavies are proven...
Byrd Man
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 18 2011, 03:02 PM) *
thats his catch 22... none of the heavies are proven...

But that's not his fault. He can't help it if him and his brother are heads and shoulders (LITERALLY!) above the rest of the division, and the very few people they haven't cleared off the table, for whatever reason, won't fight.
ViperSniper
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jan 19 2011, 01:44 AM) *
But that's not his fault. He can't help it if him and his brother are heads and shoulders (LITERALLY!) above the rest of the division, and the very few people they haven't cleared off the table, for whatever reason, won't fight.

YUP! Nicely put!

Not to mention it's not the Klits fault they actually have commitment within the sport to actually train and keep in shape unlike most of the heavyweights today. Maybe if the rest of the division got off their asses and trained like the rest of the sport does they'd give themselves more of a chance against the Klitschkos.

I think Ademak has just as much of a chance if not more of a chance than Haye (which isn't a great amount) to beat the Klitschkos.
Lil-lightsout
Okay... so we would all be pissed if the best 2 fighters at a certain weight would not fight one another to see is the best for whatever reasons.

I really do not care if they are brothers, they should be fighting each other to see is the best. I do not believe they should get a free pass because of it. They are professionals and can put there friendship on hold till after the fight. I think those two Klits would make a great fight, and it would make them a shit load of money. I also believe it would be a barnburner cause they would have too much pride to just treat it at as a sparring session.

Anyway...back to reality. I know it will never happen.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 19 2011, 05:40 PM) *
Okay... so we would all be pissed if the best 2 fighters at a certain weight would not fight one another to see is the best for whatever reasons.

I really do not care if they are brothers, they should be fighting each other to see is the best. I do not believe they should get a free pass because of it. They are professionals and can put there friendship on hold till after the fight. I think those two Klits would make a great fight, and it would make them a shit load of money. I also believe it would be a barnburner cause they would have too much pride to just treat it at as a sparring session.

Anyway...back to reality. I know it will never happen.

We all know Vitali made Wlad his bitch all the time as kids. Wlad may be the better boxer but he would still have that fear of the elder knowing how he used to get his shit pushed in as a kid.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 19 2011, 01:55 AM) *
You are usually good with posts, but I think this is a crazy post, no offence.

You can't expect these guys to fight. Secondly, I am surprised you said if they did, it would be a good scrap. The fight would be utter trash and an exhibition fight. I am extremely confident that they would take it easy on each other.
This isn't tennis where we see the Williams sister playing against each other. it's guys hurting each other, and I know if it were me. I would never ever feel comfortable going in there, giving my all and trying to hurt my own brother.
I like to look at this as an extremely rare situation where two brothers are champions at heavy weight, rather than wish they fight each other. It's a rare moment, and I like to appreciate it for what it is.

fuck.gif laugh.gif

I was joking when I posted, I know it would never happen.

BUT I do think it would be a good scrap. Some of the best fights I had was with my brother growing up. We would always start off nice and calm, but eventually it would get heated and we would have to be separated by a family member, lol. We were both too damn competitive to give the other the edge.

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jan 19 2011, 02:48 AM) *
We all know Vitali made Wlad his bitch all the time as kids. Wlad may be the better boxer but he would still have that fear of the elder knowing how he used to get his shit pushed in as a kid.

Totally agree.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jan 18 2011, 06:44 PM) *

oh i know its not there fault... tho i do believe solis is a stiffer challenge for vitali than people are thinking... id go as far to say he (solis) has a better chance than haye in this fight coming up..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 19 2011, 04:34 AM) *
oh i know its not there fault... tho i do believe solis is a stiffer challenge for vitali than people are thinking... id go as far to say he (solis) has a better chance than haye in this fight coming up..

I have high hopes for Solis. This is the best chance you're gonna see of a Klit upset in the next couple of years.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 19 2011, 03:45 AM) *
I have high hopes for Solis. This is the best chance you're gonna see of a Klit upset in the next couple of years.

yep... i wish he was going up against wlad instead but if he can beat vitali then chances are he'll beat wlad as well... the fight should be interesting...
JLUVBABY
JD
LOL...Solis is going to get worked.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 19 2011, 02:38 PM) *

I was thinking the same thing as yourself, and Beardo. I dont think either Klit is ever going to lose to anyone thats not in optimum shape. Hence, in the current divsion, Haye v either Klit is the only fight that interests me. Vitali is too good to get shocked by some fatass like Solis. His face will look 10x more swollen after Vitali wipes his ass with him
BrutalBodyShots
Solis is just plain sloppy. Sloppy doesn't get it done against a Klitschko.

blackbelt2003
I keep hearing great things about Solis, but I'm yet to see anything that makes me think any more than 'fairly good'.

And 'fairly good' isn't enough to beat a Klitschko...they've already beat up on plenty of 'fairly good' guys.

Black

Maxy
Byrd Man, as a fan of the sport I am entitled to mock a mockery and in Derek Chisora I see an opponent who isn't anywhere near ready. He is a half decent domestic level fighter who has struck lucky due to circumstance. I never saw anybody on this forum mention his name, let alone talk him up as a potential future world title challenger BUT I've read lots about say, Deontay Wilder. They've got the same bloody records, Wilder has a much better amateur pedigree but he hasn't got this shot because his people obviously believe he might have a future in the game. With Chisora it's a case of "Might as well take the money and the profile whilst I can" and that's all there is to it. If he doesn't get blitzed early he could well suffer the sort of defeat that will ruin his career. It's a joke.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 18 2011, 03:00 PM) *

He called you out on an escalator while you were in the middle of something, talked about knocking you and your brother out, had a shirt of your decapitated heads in his hands, and has just been bullshitting you for a significant amount of time. Is this the type of guy you accommodate?

Evander Holyfield, Chris Arreola, Valuev, Tua....all of those have more appeal to me as a fan than an unknown and a blown up lighter guy that looks like total shit at HW.

That's the guy that I hate so bad I push everything aside to get him in the ring....even risking him pulling out again...nobody can deny I did not sign for the fight.

AND...I want to make it official. I'm hoping Chisora makes us all eat a big steaming bowl of his nuts!

THE CHISORA WAR TRAIN STARTS HERE!!!!
Maxy
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 19 2011, 03:26 PM) *
AND...I want to make it official. I'm hoping Chisora makes us all eat a big steaming bowl of his nuts!

I'd like nothing better myself as it goes.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 19 2011, 12:26 PM) *
Evander Holyfield, Chris Arreola, Valuev, Tua....all of those have more appeal to me as a fan than an unknown and a blown up lighter guy that looks like total shit at HW.

That's the guy that I hate so bad I push everything aside to get him in the ring....even risking him pulling out again...nobody can deny I did not sign for the fight.

Oh for fuck's sake. lol. Holyfield would be murdered, and both brothers have stated that out of their enormous respect for him that they refuse to fight him, knowing how much he's slipped. Tua???? Tua will be murdering their kneecaps but that's about it.

Valuev has had the chance to fight one of the brothers but has continued to price himself out demanding way too much.

That leaves Arreola, who Vitali already punished.

So why would ANY of those suddenly be a step up over Chisora? And I don't think CHisora is going to do anything other than what the opponents of the Klitschkos tend to do and that's fold.
gravytrain
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 19 2011, 03:26 PM) *

Arreola wont get in the ring with another Klit for years if ever, Tua would probably wake up a month after the fight in a NZ hospital wondering what happened, and Holyfield is just plain laughable. Why no mention of Toney? He'd make it an interesting build up for the fight. the only interesting fight you mentioned is Valuev and he's inactive at the moment.

I'm thinking most people on here are old enough to have some sense. If you need someone to pick you up from the airport are you going to ask the dependable friend or the friend that's always late and isn't reliable? Wlad wanted that guaranteed ride home that Chisora can offer him, Haye might have more to offer but he already left Wlad waiting at the airport for an hour only to not show up and leave him with no ride at all.

QUOTE (JD @ Jan 19 2011, 09:38 AM) *

Worked can't described it, there are different levels of getting worked. He's going to get worked like a Home Depot day laborer.

QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 18 2011, 03:17 PM) *
It's a moot point. Wlad seems to have already made his decision by lining up Adamek after the Chisora farce. He's basically saying to David Haye, "You assumed I needed you, you figured I'd drop everything to fight you but you were dead wrong."

Fair play to him on a personal note, fuck Haye, he can't be trusted but don't go down Haye's route and fight a no hoper. Unless you want to further kill the dying division by wasting time with a bloke who has sod all chance. If he has to fight Chisora cos he wants to keep busy then do a Julio Cesar Chavez and make it what it should be....a non title fight. Man up, slag Haye for fighting Harrison and tell the world, "I'm fighting Derek Chisora to keep busy but I understand this is not an acceptable world title fight. I'm not David Haye, I do not wish to con the naive."

Nah mate, that would never happen cos basically he's no better than Haye. Another cunt fuckin' up a fucked up division.

And why should he? He's the HW champion. Haye had his chance to get a piece of him only to pass on the fight because Wlad is taking a tuneup with Chisora. Wlad doesn't want to be inactive for a certain amount of time and that time will be up around the Haye fight, if Haye backs out again then it'll put him in the same position he was originally. If I'm the HW champion I'm not going to be made to look foolish twice, he can get me after Chisora or try again.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 19 2011, 01:43 PM) *
Why no mention of Toney? He'd make it an interesting build up for the fight. the only interesting fight you mentioned is Valuev and he's inactive at the moment.

I brought him up before and said that either brother would put him into a coma.

Toney brings NOTHING to the table other than a mouth. He'd make the pre-fight shit interesting I suppose, but once the fight started it'd be a painful thing to watch. He would infuriate them to the point that they'd just destroy him in the ring.

People bitch about them fighting out of shape bums, well Toney would SURE be a step up in that direction, wouldn't he? He's a regular P90X fanatic that guy.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jan 19 2011, 05:01 PM) *
I brought him up before and said that either brother would put him into a coma.

Toney brings NOTHING to the table other than a mouth. He'd make the pre-fight shit interesting I suppose, but once the fight started it'd be a painful thing to watch. He would infuriate them to the point that they'd just destroy him in the ring.

People bitch about them fighting out of shape bums, well Toney would SURE be a step up in that direction, wouldn't he? He's a regular P90X fanatic that guy.

He probably watches the DVD while eating 12 baconators.

Not many fighters bring something to the table with them, the Klits have unreal popularity in Germany and hold all the cards. Only Haye brings something to the table. I'd rather see Toney than the others listed because all of them would lose but leading up to the fight he'd probably make me laugh with every statement he makes about them.
BGv2.0
I love how you bastards ask who Wlad should fight...and then when names are tossed out...you dismiss each and every one.

Bottom line is you asked for a list of people he has not fought and those were just a few off the top of my head....and yes I'd throw JT in there as well...as anybody on the board has known that I've been BEGGING for that fight for years now.

And it has nothing to do with the fact that I think any of these people would beat Wlad....I'm just countering the argument that the likes of Chisora and adamek are all he has as possible opposition...and that's BS.

And saying Arreola is useless because Vitali already beat him is another BS reason....although it might be hard to tell...these boring buttfuck champions are in fact TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE....just because one beat up on a guy does not automatically mean the other would do the same.

Despite his loss to Vitali...I would much rather see an Arreola/Wlad fight than what we are getting.

although I agree with the idea that the division is thin....it's not like there is not other oppositon out there.

If you HONESTLY think some young, green fighter with only a handful of fights or a blown up lighter guy is somehow better than even a slow old Holy or a fat JT...you are lying to yourself.

Byrd Man
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 19 2011, 05:57 PM) *
I love how you bastards ask who Wlad should fight...and then when names are tossed out...you dismiss each and every one.

Bottom line is you asked for a list of people he has not fought and those were just a few off the top of my head....and yes I'd throw JT in there as well...as anybody on the board has known that I've been BEGGING for that fight for years now.

And it has nothing to do with the fact that I think any of these people would beat Wlad....I'm just countering the argument that the likes of Chisora and adamek are all he has as possible opposition...and that's BS.

And saying Arreola is useless because Vitali already beat him is another BS reason....although it might be hard to tell...these boring buttfuck champions are in fact TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE....just because one beat up on a guy does not automatically mean the other would do the same.

Despite his loss to Vitali...I would much rather see an Arreola/Wlad fight than what we are getting.

although I agree with the idea that the division is thin....it's not like there is not other oppositon out there.

If you HONESTLY think some young, green fighter with only a handful of fights or a blown up lighter guy is somehow better than even a slow old Holy or a fat JT...you are lying to yourself.

My point in asking who he should fight, is saying that people criticize Wlad for fighting bums, but the fact is he's ALREADY virtually wiped out the division along with his brother.

Out of the top 10 there's only five people that he or Vitali hasn't beaten. And that's Valuev, Demitrinko, Adamek, Haye and Povetkin. Now out of those five, three have for one reason or another refused to get it on with them (Valuev, Haye, Povetkin).

that leaves Adamek, who's fighting Wlad this year and Dimitrinko.

Outside of the top 10 there are a few names like Solis and Tua, yet seriously are they going to be opponents that would make anyone really excited?

Are any of the names you came up with or I have listed, going to change the mantra of "oh great, here's another Wlad fight against a bum"?

Is there ANYBODY in the heavyweight division aside from Haye and MAYBE Adamek that anyone believes has a LEGIT chance at winning? Not just making the pressers entertaining, not creating a storyline, but to ACTUALLY have a shot at beating Wlad or Vitali?

The answer is no. I don't care how much trash Toney talks, why would anyone want to see that fight? He'll talk shit for three/four months as the fight is getting closer, then roll his fat ass into the ring and get pummeled for however long it'll last.

Shit, Haye can serve that exact purpose, and come in in better shape. And will more than likely put up a better offering.

People trash Wlad for his competition, but that's not his fault. He's done what he needs to do and that's practically erase the heavyweight division
JLUVBABY
you guys may not agree but depending on how holyfield looks i think he should fight evander holyfield... it would be a huge fight... espn2 might even cover that one... lol.
gravytrain
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 19 2011, 08:57 PM) *

Man, there's no way Arreola would want any piece of Wlad for at least 2 years. If the fight was offered to him he wouldn't take it plain and simple. He hasn't even been able to win all his comeback fights, Wlad would have him crying again.

Other than Valuev those names aren't leaps and bounds better than Chisora. There's also a question as to if they'd want to fight Wlad and Vitali, if you beat one you've to fight the other so you're practically signing to fight both. I'd rather see the young unknown than the past his prime veteran just needing to stay out of bankruptcy.
BGv2.0
I've always given the brothers credit for beating just about everybody there is to beat in a nothing division. And...it is true..it is NOT their fault the division sucks so much ass....it's not.

BUT...it is their problem.

Which IMHO warrents them fighting every single person available that has some no matter how slight standing in the division. People right off Holy and JT....and well they should as one is old and the other fat and old....BUT...THEY ARE STILL HERE....and that should be reason alone to step in the ring with them.

And when you ask if those guys like Tua and Solis will make anybody excited....I think that question falls back on the Bros, Grimm...these champions don't get anybody excited...have not for many years now...so I really think it's unfair to lay the excitement factor at the feet of the opposition....when the brothers them selves lack the ability to cause excitment.

And I disagree with the idea that it is a given that these guys beat every single person laid in front of them at this time. Vitali is not getting any younger and Wlad no matter how long it's been since it wa checked has been decked all over the place and KO'd by nobody's before....so when you state "the answer is no"....

That's your answer...not everybody's...for sure not as time keeps slipping by.

It's easy to erase a divison that barely exisits in any serious capacity.

That's why I say...when you lack quality.....use quantity....he may not be able to fight a world beater every fight out...but his ass would do well to fight 3 people in 5 months time....then he could say he beat everybody including those old guys that were lingering around as well as those seen as skilled like Solis.
Byrd Man
I suppose you are more than willing to watch Holyfield get beaten to death in the ring, when everyone else sees the outright ludicrous nature of that.

Even the Klitschkos have refused to fight him for that very reason. Anyone that SERIOUSLY suggests Holyfield fight them should have to undergo mental evaluation.
gravytrain
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 19 2011, 09:48 PM) *
I've always given the brothers credit for beating just about everybody there is to beat in a nothing division. And...it is true..it is NOT their fault the division sucks so much ass....it's not.

BUT...it is their problem.

Which IMHO warrents them fighting every single person available that has some no matter how slight standing in the division. People right off Holy and JT....and well they should as one is old and the other fat and old....BUT...THEY ARE STILL HERE....and that should be reason alone to step in the ring with them.

And when you ask if those guys like Tua and Solis will make anybody excited....I think that question falls back on the Bros, Grimm...these champions don't get anybody excited...have not for many years now...so I really think it's unfair to lay the excitement factor at the feet of the opposition....when the brothers them selves lack the ability to cause excitment.

And I disagree with the idea that it is a given that these guys beat every single person laid in front of them at this time. Vitali is not getting any younger and Wlad no matter how long it's been since it wa checked has been decked all over the place and KO'd by nobody's before....so when you state "the answer is no"....

That's your answer...not everybody's...for sure not as time keeps slipping by.

It's easy to erase a divison that barely exisits in any serious capacity.

That's why I say...when you lack quality.....use quantity....he may not be able to fight a world beater every fight out...but his ass would do well to fight 3 people in 5 months time....then he could say he beat everybody including those old guys that were lingering around as well as those seen as skilled like Solis.

It's not Wlad's problem, he fights on national TV in Germany and sells out 50,000 seat stadiums. Being unbeaten and dominating the HW division for the past 7 years I really don't think he feels he has much to prove either and it sure aint being proved by fighting Holyfield or Tua. If anything I'd want to see Haye, Valuev, Adamek, or Povetkin. The Haye fight was attempted but not made, I don't know about Valuev, he's fighting Adamek, and Povetkin doesn't want to fight. He's beaten or can't get a fight with practically every premier fighter.

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jan 19 2011, 10:04 PM) *
I suppose you are more than willing to watch Holyfield get beaten to death in the ring, when everyone else sees the outright ludicrous nature of that.

Even the Klitschkos have refused to fight him for that very reason. Anyone that SERIOUSLY suggests Holyfield fight them should have to undergo mental evaluation.

I really have no interest in seeing him fight Holyfield for that reason too.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.