Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Haye
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Maxy
Until the fight is signed and sealed, an even then there are no guarantees it'll actually happen, I can't get into predicting an outcome.

I don't trust David Haye. Lost EVERY LITTLE bit of respect I once had for him over the past year.
Warlord
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 4 2011, 09:02 AM) *
He won't sit there...he will try to get inside and eat a jab and a hook / right. He will try to back up and eat a jab and a hook / right.

Wlad will in fact KO Haye, yes you are correct, but only after battering him. No, this won't be a 12 round battering because Haye cannot absorb that kind of punishment - he will be knocked out long before that. But he will be battered for however many rounds he can last before being knocked out.

Co-sign all day. Haye's getting punished.
Maxy
Another twist in this frustrating tale.

Wladimir Klitschko has resheduled his postponed defense of his title against Derek Chisora and will meet the London heavyweight in Germany on April 30th.
JD
As a tuneup for Haye on 7/2
PR316
I still don't think Haye will go through with it.

He'll either ask for too much money or won't go through with it because the fight "has to be in London" cray.gif

I predict he'll bitch out again.
JLUVBABY
i wont believe in this fight till i see them both in the ring and the bell rings... lol... this is the kind of fight where haye might mysteriously slip down stairs or sumthin the night before the fight or the day of... lol...
PR316
Lol.

Not surprised.

He's gotta be shitting himself at the mere THOUGHT of getting in the ring with the Klitschkos.
D-MARV
Does Wlad really need to fight this tune up? I would like to see him say fuck it and fight Haye right now!
ViperSniper
I'm actually looking forward to Klitschko-Chrisora. People may look at a unfamiliar name and disregard it...I say bring it on! Something about an unknown fighter that creates alot of curiosity for me. There will always be boxers all over the globe who are the goods that no one knows about..or maybe never will. The fact Chisora is meant to have a somewhat of an aggressive style who happens to be young and undefeated! Maybe it will take an unknown, young up n comer to dethrone Wlad?

As for Haye, out of all the Heavyweights today, I'd give him one of the highest chances to beat either Klit but I still don't see it happening. Many have some form of hope/excitement for Haye making it a fight but I got this feeling that after the fight, fans maybe left let down with a "what the fuck was that?" kind of an effort. He may have the tools and skills on paper, but come fight night I get that feeling Haye will not do much more than past Klit opponents as he will do nothing to put himself in a winning position & eventually be stopped. Although I may have that feeling, I still want to see that fight as you never know when this long run of the Klits will end & Haye is the best opponent for either bro and is overall the best thing for the division & sport.

Got nothing against either bro as I got a lot of respect for them, but just to spice things up it would be a big surprise for one of the Klits to face defeat.

GO CHISORA laugh.gif
Romulus9
Haye's "done" with the Klitschkos. That's rich.

I guess the real question is who Haye will 'defend' against next, Matt Skelton or Michael Sprott.

We all know it's gotta be a short list.
ViperSniper
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 6 2011, 01:47 AM) *
Yep, that's how I feel about Haye as well. He would come fight night, and not let his hands go. It will be a dull fight because of Haye being gun shy and not letting his hands go. In the end, he will get stopped mid-late fight. I think Haye will freeze when he is in there. Too patient and cautious and not enough risks.

Yup, Pretty much based this on what I've seen n read of him at Heavyweight. I don't see him opening up and taking the necessary steps to win the fight, he will be too cautious..& once he starts getting tagged he may realize how much he really doesn't want to be in there! Of course I'm hoping this will not be the case though.

The bros are way too big for Haye not to mention they have the skills to match him on top of all that size!
Warlord
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jan 5 2011, 08:43 PM) *
Haye's "done" with the Klitschkos. That's rich.

I guess the real question is who Haye will 'defend' against next, Matt Skelton or Michael Sprott.

We all know it's gotta be a short list.

Maybe he can take on da man, Danny Williamz!

Westside...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 5 2011, 06:50 PM) *

I'm not a fan of Haye (but then I'm not a fan of The Klits either) and I think he loses against both of them, but just to play devil's advocate for a moment. What if this report is true? What if Haye did cede to evry demand from klit, location, gloves, date etc and Klit has now turned it down to fight Chisora?

Forgetting all the invectice of "I'm done with him blah blah blah" this press release does seem to go in to decent detail of how far along negotiations were. What would everyone's opinion of Wlad be if he really was the one who had turned down the fight?
Warlord
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 6 2011, 02:58 AM) *
I'm not a fan of Haye (but then I'm not a fan of The Klits either) and I think he loses against both of them, but just to play devil's advocate for a moment. What if this report is true? What if Haye did cede to evry demand from klit, location, gloves, date etc and Klit has now turned it down to fight Chisora?

Forgetting all the invectice of "I'm done with him blah blah blah" this press release does seem to go in to decent detail of how far along negotiations were. What would everyone's opinion of Wlad be if he really was the one who had turned down the fight?

1.) If true, it means that Wlad wanted to live up to his obligations with Chisora first, and specified a later date when he would be available to fight Haye. Which of course Haye declined. Because he's a bitch.

2.) It means that Vitali Klitchsko was actually the one who agreed to fight Haye. Haye chickened out, and then turned around and laid it on Wlad's doorstep. Because, again, he is a bitch.

Now I don't know everything, but I do know one thing. David Haye is a bitch, and whatever the case may be, I can guarantee you that it is his fault if this fight doesn't materialize.

Haye said he wanted to fight both Klits this year. Well, Vitali isn't scheduled to fight anyone right now, so sign the fucking contract David!
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 6 2011, 01:58 AM) *

I wouldn't blame him since Chisora is guaranteed to show up, Haye could always just back out again.
D-MARV
The ONLY fights to make at heavyweight is Haye vs one of the Klitschkos. Haye is ready to fight Wlad right now! Wlad needs to call his bluff and sign the fucking fight, Haye is being more than fair!!!!

Imagine the outbreak if Mayweather came out and said I agreed to everything Pac wants and Pac says I'll fight you BUT let me fight Malignaggi first!
Fitz
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 6 2011, 10:01 PM) *
Imagine the outbreak if Mayweather

[/facepalm]
JD
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 5 2011, 07:08 PM) *
Does Wlad really need to fight this tune up? I would like to see him say fuck it and fight Haye right now!

Apparently there was an issue with the dates and the Royal wedding...so the best they could do was 7/2, and Wlad didn't want to be on the shelf that long - so he is fighting Chisora in April and Haye in July.

But now Haye has an issue with him taking a tuneup in April and wants him to wait until July to fight him.
Maxy
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 6 2011, 07:57 AM) *
Apparently there was an issue with the dates and the Royal wedding...so the best they could do was 7/2, and Wlad didn't want to be on the shelf that long - so he is fighting Chisora in April and Haye in July.

But now Haye has an issue with him taking a tuneup in April and wants him to wait until July to fight him.

Yeah apparently the issue being that if Wlad goes ahead and fights Chisora it will mean Haye will have to fight Chagaev, therefore, according to Haye, making it impossible for a July 2nd bout with Wlad.

Haye speaking this morning to the BBC
JD
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 6 2011, 08:10 AM) *
Yeah apparently the issue being that if Wlad goes ahead and fights Chisora it will mean Haye will have to fight Chagaev, therefore, according to Haye, making it impossible for a July 2nd bout with Wlad.

Haye speaking this morning to the BBC

I mean, Haye can always say screw Chagaev...give up the belt and fight Wlad in July. It won't really make any difference at all.

The other option Haye had was to fight Wlad on April 30th, but that date didn't work.
Maxy
Yeah the TV companies wouldn't accept April 30th for a number of reasons. There's that stupid bloody wedding, then there is Amir Khans supposed PPV.....the football season is still well under way so they wouldn't have a stadium...

Stinks really.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 6 2011, 06:05 AM) *
[/facepalm]

I'm not sure how thats a facepalm Fitz? Was there anything wrong with the statement?
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 6 2011, 07:57 AM) *

Gotcha... I thought I read that Haye wanted a May date.
JD
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 6 2011, 09:20 AM) *
Gotcha... I thought I read that Haye wanted a May date.

That is certainly possible that he did...and I think Wlad offered 4/30 and 7/2. 7/2 worked for Haye and Sky sports, so Wlad agreed to it, but also wanted to fight Chisora on 4/30, which Haye apparently does want.

I dunno, this whole thing is silly.
The CEO
From 8 months ago...

WBO/IBO/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko thinks David Haye is scared to take a chance by signing a contract for a unification bout. Haye, the WBA champion, was challenged by Klitschko on Monday. Klitschko wants to set all of his other possibilities aside to get Haye in the ring but he thinks the British fighter is running scared.

"I understand he's scared, but just get yourself together, and maybe you'll get a lucky punch or whatever,'' Klitschko said to the AP. "I think he's frightened and he won't be willing to take the chance, but it's important for me to say that nothing is in the way. There are no other fights. There will be enough money for everybody. He just has to do what he says he will.''

Klitschko doesn't hide his dislike for Haye, who talked a lot of trash about Wladimir over the last twelve months. The two were set to meet last June and Haye withdrew with a back injury. Klitschko thinks the back injury was bogus.

I just don't like anything about the guy,'' Klitschko said. "How he talks, how he walks, anything. He's basically betraying the audience and the sport. Every division deserves a true champion, and how can he claim to be a champion if he won't fight me?''

"It's obvious now that his back injury was just garbage, and he's a liar. I want to be active, so I won't rely on the liar to fight me next. But when only one person talks, people will start to believe things that person tells them. I just decided I need to get over my conservative style of handling things. I need to make it as straight as possible: David 'The Loser' Haye won't fight me.''

It is what it is...

A bitch is a bitch is a David Haye.
Maxy
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 6 2011, 10:04 AM) *
It is what it is...

A bitch is a bitch is a David Haye.

I honestly don't think either of them comes out of this looking good. Haye did pull the bogus back injury but that was genuinely down to his then TV pay masters going bankrupt/out of business. I can't and won't defend Haye - the bout with Harrison was the biggest disgrace in living memory. Not just the outcome but the fact it took place at all. Haye is now saying on various media outlets that a Klitschko fight is dead in the water and of course he is blaming Wladimir. People are saying Haye should fight Vitali instead but big bro is lined up to face Solis so that's a no go.

Wlad has chosen to go ahead with a fight against Chisora and this, for me, is equally as bad as Haye facing Harrison, plus it makes absolutely no sense. Why scupper the only fight worth making at heavyweight to face a novice heavyweight with no pedigree and even less of a chance? Shouldn't Wlad just wait it out and face Haye in July?

Seriously, if this can't be sorted out in a positive fashion we may as well write off 2011 as far as heavyweight boxing is concerned.
Spyder
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 6 2011, 10:27 AM) *
I honestly don't think either of them comes out of this looking good. Haye did pull the bogus back injury but that was genuinely down to his then TV pay masters going bankrupt/out of business. I can't and won't defend Haye - the bout with Harrison was the biggest disgrace in living memory. Not just the outcome but the fact it took place at all. Haye is now saying on various media outlets that a Klitschko fight is dead in the water and of course he is blaming Wladimir. People are saying Haye should fight Vitali instead but big bro is lined up to face Solis so that's a no go.

Wlad has chosen to go ahead with a fight against Chisora and this, for me, is equally as bad as Haye facing Harrison, plus it makes absolutely no sense. Why scupper the only fight worth making at heavyweight to face a novice heavyweight with no pedigree and even less of a chance? Shouldn't Wlad just wait it out and face Haye in July?

Seriously, if this can't be sorted out in a positive fashion we may as well write off 2011 as far as heavyweight boxing is concerned.

I don't see why we should expect anything to change in that division from what we got in the previous decade.

The heavyweight division is forever...

SENTRAL
Haye must be distraught at this. He thought the Klitschko bros NEEDED him and now he will have to watch a fellow brit take the fight he thought he could have just as soon as he snapped his fingers.
biggrin.gif
JLUVBABY
personally i dont see why wkad should except the chisora fight... chisora in my opinion deserves his shot now that he had a signed contract... my opinion is he should be guarenteed a shot at the winner... i would have said paid a little soething for stepping aside but its not like he actually earned his chance to fight for the title... as much as we like to shit on haye, and its fun to do i suppose, but the klits arent looking good here either... if they are that close to a fight of that magnitude wlad shouldnt take a fight that close to the date... anything could happen... he could lose, get cut, tear a muscle i mean the list goes on and on... they need to go straight to the fight and if wlad can fight chisora in april why not go straight to haye?... thats fishy all in itself..
BGv2.0
I hope this Chisora dude gets the upset....it's the only thing that would make anything about the Klits interesting at all.
Fitz
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 7 2011, 01:15 AM) *
I'm not sure how thats a facepalm Fitz? Was there anything wrong with the statement?

No, but somehow getting Mayweather's name brought up again in here was, lol.
gravytrain
If I was in Wlad's position I'd probably do the same thing, someone backing out on me twice isn't going to have me waiting longer than I want to for a fight especially when they fucked my schedule up once before. I think Haye put himself in this position to some extent, he can't expect someone to take him seriously when he made a lot of noise then pulled out of a fight with some bogus injury then completely dodged them the second time around.
lloyd mayflower
Man great times to be a boxing fan. The top 2 guys in the heavyweight division are dancing around and away from eachother, spinning us bullshit and lying to us all because there not happy with the exact number of millions they will get to step in the ring and sort this shit out like champions.

And the top 2 guys outside the heavyweight division are, well, they're dancing around and away from eachother, spinning us bullshit and lying to us all because there not happy with the exact number of millions they will get to step in the ring and sort this shit out like champions.
D-MARV
I can't see ANY POSSIBLE way that someone can say that Haye is ducking Klitschko. Haye seems to be ready to fight right now!
jkfitpro
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 6 2011, 07:32 PM) *
I can't see ANY POSSIBLE way that someone can say that Haye is ducking Klitschko. Haye seems to be ready to fight right now!

Totally agree. I don't often post on here but the bitching about Haye is getting way out of proportion.

Just saw this vid by Dwyer which more or less sums up my perspective in this debacle (go to 1:45):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGTuF-8n3c&feature=sub
gravytrain
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 6 2011, 07:32 PM) *

why call it off because Wlad wants a tune up with Chisora?
D-MARV
QUOTE (jkfitpro @ Jan 6 2011, 07:42 PM) *
Totally agree. I don't often post on here but the bitching about Haye is getting way out of proportion.

Just saw this vid by Dwyer which more or less sums up my perspective in this debacle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGTuF-8n3c&feature=sub

Well you should post more often because Haye gets dick slapped around here. Don't get me wrong, Haye is a cocky son of a bitch and deserves some thrashing but I don't see how he's bitching out of this one.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jan 6 2011, 03:27 AM) *
1.) If true, it means that Wlad wanted to live up to his obligations with Chisora first, and specified a later date when he would be available to fight Haye. Which of course Haye declined. Because he's a bitch.

2.) It means that Vitali Klitchsko was actually the one who agreed to fight Haye. Haye chickened out, and then turned around and laid it on Wlad's doorstep. Because, again, he is a bitch.

Now I don't know everything, but I do know one thing. David Haye is a bitch, and whatever the case may be, I can guarantee you that it is his fault if this fight doesn't materialize.

Haye said he wanted to fight both Klits this year. Well, Vitali isn't scheduled to fight anyone right now, so sign the fucking contract David!

If Wlad wanted to honour his fight with Chisora then why even bother entering into meaningful talks with Haye? If Haye is to be believed, which I'll grant you is a big IF, then Klit was talking about fighting Chisora and Haye within 9 weeks of each other. I don't think so, since when does Wlad fight that often?

And obviously he has to find time to service Hayden laugh.gif

I'm not a Haye fan but surely Wlad would be better to throw Chisora a few step aside bucks and take Haye at the date they had agreed on? It's better for Chisora as well. If haye throws a lucky punch then he can fight him in an all England battle and if Klit beats Haye as expected then they can build up Chisora for Germany (I know he's Ukranian, but Germany's now his hometown) V. Britain Mark 2.

I think you're still sore coz he beat Da A Train Audley Harizon. laugh.gif

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 6 2011, 08:52 PM) *
why call it off because Wlad wants a tune up with Chisora?

Why would he need a tune-up? He's been fighting tune-ups for years. It's not like he's been inactive or retired so he should be goood to go now.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 6 2011, 11:37 PM) *
Why would he need a tune-up? He's been fighting tune-ups for years. It's not like he's been inactive or retired so he should be goood to go now.

i think the real question is why the Chisora fight is a deal breaker for Haye when it's really a nonissue.

to be honest i think Wlad wants to fight Chisora too so it wont matter if Haye punks out again. Wlad already waited for Haye once and he got dicked around and left without an opponent.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 7 2011, 01:12 AM) *
i think the real question is why the Chisora fight is a deal breaker for Haye when it's really a nonissue.

to be honest i think Wlad wants to fight Chisora too so it wont matter if Haye punks out again. Wlad already waited for Haye once and he got dicked around and left without an opponent.

Because according to Haye's camp Wlad is proposing that they fight 9 weeks after Wlad fights Chisora. They don't think it will happen and neither do I.

I could also switch this around and say why fight Chisora when Haye is apparently ready to finally face up to him? It's a far more relevant fight, a chance to pick up another title and the opportunity to send Haye into retirement.

As for Haye dicking him around last time, I can kinda understand that. The Klits had him screwed into a ridiculous contract and he saw the chance to win a title elsewhere and give himself better level at the negotiating table. I'm NOT a Haye fan but it was a smart move IMHO and I woulda done the same thing.
Fitz
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 7 2011, 05:41 PM) *
Because according to Haye's camp Wlad is proposing that they fight 9 weeks after Wlad fights Chisora. They don't think it will happen and neither do I.

I could also switch this around and say why fight Chisora when Haye is apparently ready to finally face up to him? It's a far more relevant fight, a chance to pick up another title and the opportunity to send Haye into retirement.

As for Haye dicking him around last time, I can kinda understand that. The Klits had him screwed into a ridiculous contract and he saw the chance to win a title elsewhere and give himself better level at the negotiating table. I'm NOT a Haye fan but it was a smart move IMHO and I woulda done the same thing.

I'm not sure what to think about this case, but I know that in the past it was all Haye that was the issue. I really don't know what to think about this situation.

As for the part I bolded. When I first read about the contract, I thought it was an issue, but not so much anymore. If Haye won, he had to face Vitali or Wlad again? That isn't a big deal, most champions with leverage do that anyways. Plus, if Haye were to beat Wlad, why wouldn't he want to have an undisputed fight with Vitali?
From my understanding, Chisora has signed a similar contract, and for him, he thought it was a privelidge that he could possibly have two consecutive shots at world titles. I suppose that's the difference. Chisora looked at it as an honour and something that should be done in boxing, while Haye looked at it as a problem to be forced to fight a brother for another world title.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 7 2011, 01:52 AM) *
I'm not sure what to think about this case, but I know that in the past it was all Haye that was the issue. I really don't know what to think about this situation.

As for the part I bolded. When I first read about the contract, I thought it was an issue, but not so much anymore. If Haye won, he had to face Vitali or Wlad again? That isn't a big deal, most champions with leverage do that anyways. Plus, if Haye were to beat Wlad, why wouldn't he want to have an undisputed fight with Vitali?
From my understanding, Chisora has signed a similar contract, and for him, he thought it was a privelidge that he could possibly have two consecutive shots at world titles. I suppose that's the difference. Chisora looked at it as an honour and something that should be done in boxing, while Haye looked at it as a problem to be forced to fight a brother for another world title.

I thought part of the contract was he had to face Vitali and then if he won that would have to rematch Wlad again without any mandatories in between. That's crazy.

Has Chisora signed the same 3 fight deal? That's tough if that's the case. It is a slightly different case though, Chisora has only 14 pro fights and a limited public profile even in Britain. He is more likely to take what he can get.

Haye has options and he took them. I can't understand why Wlad isn't taking this golden opportunity to get Haye in the ring.
Maxy
The whole problem here is the Chisora fight and it's a joke how an undeserving challenger can get in the way of a fight most people want to see. It's a voluntary defense and therefore Wlad has no obligation to take it.
Warlord
Wlad gave Haye a date. Haye didn't want it. It's not that hard to understand.

Bitches don't grow balls. That is a scientific, genetic fact. Wlad has never ducked anyone in his career, and his comp record proves it. The same cannot be said of David Haye. He has a history of bitching out, so David Haye gets all the blame here.
STEVENSKI
Phil Anselmo's opinion is spot on. Pretty funny to see him giving his drunken opinion on boxing.

D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 7 2011, 01:52 AM) *

The first contract that Wlad presented wall bullshit! If Haye were to beat Wlad then Haye would have to fight Vitali then fight Wlad again. But I also believe that Haye pulled out because his promotional company was going bankrupt.
Maxy
Wlad has signed to fight Adamek in September according to a Polish website.
Fitz
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 7 2011, 09:49 PM) *
Wlad has signed to fight Adamek in September according to a Polish website.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/adamek-kli...-to-fight-71755

“Tomek Adamek has agreed to fight Wladimir Klitschko in a soccer stadium in Wroclaw, Poland, in September, in front of 52,000 fans. The deal is done, we just have to put some signatures on paper,” this blockbuster news from Adamek manager, Zyggi Rozalski changes a boxing landscape for 2011.

“I always promised my fans that I will try do something, what was never done in history of boxing: win world title in the three heaviest weight classes. I have two titles, in the light heavyweight and cruiserweight divisions. Just one, in the heavyweight division is left. I will be a heavyweight world champion,” said Adamek after agreeing to fight current IBF/WBO titleholder Wladimir Klitschko .

Rozalski added “We discussed this fight for long time, but in the last couple of days, talking we Shelly Finkel, we just decided to do it. We don’t have an exact date, it has to be agreed between HBO and German television, but it will be most likely in the late September. Both sides agreed that fight will take place in a soccer stadium in Wroclaw where we can have up to 52,000 fans. This way we can accommodate all the Adamek fans from Poland, and Klitschko supporters from Germany and Ukraine,” added Adamek’s manager.

“Like planned, I will have one more fight on April 16 before fighting Wladimir. My team will decide who I will be fighting in the next couple of days,” said Adamek. “Most important for me is the fact that I will be fighting for something I was always dreaming about. I will be ready. I will be a heavyweight champion of the world this September!”
Maxy
Well, that's that then. No chance Wlad is going to face Haye now in 2011. Just not possible IMO. I don't know...maybe Wlad is thinking, "You messed me about last year, you claimed I needed you....well, I don't need you and now I think I'll mess you about!"

Haye is most likely regretting ever making it public that he plans to retire in October.

Still, I'm not happy about this because it looks like another big fight fight fans were keen to see just ain't gonna happen.

P.S, R.I.P Gary Mason. Killed yesterday on his bicycle. 38 fights, 37 wins. Only defeat to Lennox Lewis and a genuinely nice bloke.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.