Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosley vs Pacquiao
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
TheFonz
I"ll watch it, but really this shit is a disgrace.
SmartyBeardo
It doesn't matter what The Organ Grinding Circus Master or his herd of monkeys and industry pitchmen say, this is utterly pathetic for boxing, and it is the last comment that I will have on the fecal matter.
D-MARV
ESPN reported this morning on sportscenter and they kinda made a joke out of it... I hope this shit flops, I'll stream it though.
salvador
I'm VERY EXCITED about this fight. Shane Mosley is a good matchup style-wise for Pac (not to mention naturally bigger) and I expect a ton of action. Just because most of the Floyd-Shane fight was a blowout doesn't mean that the drama in the second round was any less thrilling. Shane has a much better chance of landing something big against Pac than Marg did and Pac's defense is nowhere as strong as Floyd's.

Secondly, if anyone in the sport DESERVES a big fight with Pac it's Shane. Shane is about the only guy in the sport who has very clearly gone out of his way to fight EVERYBODY - especially those guys nobody wanted to fight like Forrest, Wright, Margarito ect. With the possible exception of Glen Johnson, Shane Mosley deserves every big fight he gets until he's uncompetitive with B level guys - something which definitely hasn't happened yet.

And to anyone who thinks this is a mismatch, at the very least you have to admit that Shane has earned the chance to leave the sport by going out on his shield (something that will probably happen) and getting a big paycheck along the way.

The only possible downside to this matchup is the possibility that Shane catches Pac and it kills/cheapens the eventual Floyd-Pac showdown.
D-MARV
QUOTE (salvador @ Dec 22 2010, 08:50 AM) *
The only possible downside to this matchup is the possibility that Shane catches Pac and it kills/cheapens the eventual Floyd-Pac showdown.

There is NO downside to Shane knocking Pacquiao out cold. There is no chance of that happening though.
salvador
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 22 2010, 10:00 AM) *
There is NO downside to Shane knocking Pacquiao out cold. There is no chance of that happening though.

If Shane can land something huge against Floyd he can certainly do the same against Pac. If it happens it'll happen early with Pac coming in and Shane landing a left hook to the body followed by an overhand right while Pac is off balance. (Remember where you heard it first!)

And I agree about there being no downside to that outcome.
Mean Mister Mustard
If this fight was happening right after Mosley lost against Mayweather, then I'd still give Mosley a shot at winning but since he drew with Sergio Mora, I can't see him winning. Sure Pacquiao is not Mayweather, and he's not a great counter puncher, but he is a good one. Plus he has great foot speed which is something that has always bothered Mosley. Let's also not forget that Mosley waits too much to let his hands go when an opponent moves a lot. Also, this fight is probably going to be at 147, which will dry Mosley up. Don't see him winning this fight.

As to whether Mosley will gets stopped; Mosley has a bizarre defense. On the hand, if you feint him you can catch him with flush shots, as he leaves his hands down and chin up, but it's pretty hard to catch him with combinations. Pacquiao will probably catch him with counter right hooks and straight left leads, but I don't know if he will be able to land his combos on Mosley.

Last thing, Pacquiao and Roach have been exposed. No one can defend this. They refused to fight Mosley, citing he was 'too good', to quote Roach, and now that he loses 10 rounds out of 12 against PBF and looks bad against Mora, all of a sudden Pacquiao wants to fight him? By taking the fight they are basically admitting that they are looking for the path of least resistance, just like they did by handicapping Cotto and Margarito through catch weights.
The CEO
lol...I was checking out the comments on the front page, and I came across an opinion that says it all...

"IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS."

THAT'S TOP RANK TEAM PACQUIAO'S MOTTO.........THE TRUTH IS OUT!

1. MANNY ONLY CARES ABOUT THE MONEY.

2. MANNY GOES AFTER FIGHTERS FLOYD'S ALREADY DOMINATED.

IN OTHER WORDS, MANNY PACQUIAO WANTS TO BE JUST LIKE FLOYD MAYWEATHER JUNIOR!

I usually don't pay attention to or read all caps material...but I have to say that THIS one was a good one...

Prediction: Pacquiao UD....Hope: Mosley KO1

and now, like Beardo, I'm out...this fight doesn't deserve any expansion....
jlupi
I hope this fight flops in ppv. then there is no upside. If shane catches pac, which there is always that slight chance, pac looks terrible. If he slaughters Mosley he simply did what is expected.

Im guessing bobby/pac are going to take no more chances and just going to milk this cow until he and floyd are ready to cash out.
salvador
QUOTE (jlupi @ Dec 22 2010, 10:10 AM) *
Im guessing bobby/pac are going to take no more chances and just going to milk this cow until he and floyd are ready to cash out.

Who should Pac fight except for Floyd? You don't seriously believe Khan, Bradley or Alexander has a chance do you? So what should Pac do, fight Martinez? If he goes to 154 there are a ton of exciting matchups like Alvarez, Kirkland, Angulo, and even Cintron, but none of them would be PPV. And the fact is that Pac is a PPV fighter from here on out.

Andre Berto is the only guy at ww outside of Floyd who might have a chance - and Berto, who's 27, hasn't done anything to deserve a match with Pac. The only real name on his resume is Collazo. And not that it matters, but I think Shane has a better shot against Pac than Berto does.
D-MARV
Pac sould be fighting Marquez next, END OF STORY... Marquez is willing, there is big money potential, and it's a fight that MOST hardcore (and even some Casual) fans want to see.
JLUVBABY
id like to see pac marquez at 140.... im just not sold on marquez at 147...
ViperSniper
Considering Pac is meant to have a title at 154 & Mosley had his last fight there, it would seem that's where the fight would take place, yet it's back down at 147? Mosley will be 4 months from the big 4-0 and is coming off loss & draw, which to me, Mora beat Mosley by a pretty wide margin, which isn't the most popular thought, I know.

Pac's got momentum created & is arguably at his physical peak, as he has that much more left in him, compared to Mosley who is old & far from his best fighting days. Part of this fight will also come down to the big contrasts of footwork between the two. Another part will be Pac's big work rate & straight punches in bunches, against Mosley's very average defense and stubbornness will make matters even worst for Mosley. I don't like the way Mosley has looked in recent fights when he gets hit, as he doesn't react as well to shots than he did in the past. I really don't like how the outcome of this fight is looking, as I feel it will be injustice.

QUOTE (salvador @ Dec 22 2010, 01:50 PM) *
Secondly, if anyone in the sport DESERVES a big fight with Pac it's Shane. Shane is about the only guy in the sport who has very clearly gone out of his way to fight EVERYBODY - especially those guys nobody wanted to fight like Forrest, Wright, Margarito ect. With the possible exception of Glen Johnson, Shane Mosley deserves every big fight he gets until he's uncompetitive with B level guys - something which definitely hasn't happened yet.

And to anyone who thinks this is a mismatch, at the very least you have to admit that Shane has earned the chance to leave the sport by going out on his shield (something that will probably happen) and getting a big paycheck along the way.

This, to me sums up Mosley's career in a nutshell, he has had one of the toughest careers in the last couple of decades. He could take easy fights & fight bums from this point on and he could get away with it because of all the work he has consistently put in. 'Sugar' Shane Mosley is the hardest working man in boxing. Even his "tune-ups" in the past were against decent opponents laugh.gif

Yup, no doubt Shane has earned the right to have this big opportunity, but leave by going out on his shield, which I reluctantly hate to say is a big possibility we see it for the first time! This is a really bad fight and is another fighter Pac has selected that's well past his due by date, but well be regarded as another one of his greatest victories along his other fights at Welter thumbsdown_anim.gif
jlupi
I think pac has outgrown marq. but marquez, burto, alexander khan, bradley are all legit challenges even if pac will be a big fav. fighting an over the hill mayweather leftover is feeding the critics of a special fighter.
Spyder
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 22 2010, 10:16 AM) *
Pac sould be fighting Marquez next, END OF STORY... Marquez is willing, there is big money potential, and it's a fight that MOST hardcore (and even some Casual) fans want to see.

He SHOULD be fighting Mayweather, but apparently lil Floyd gots his hands full of baby mama beatdowns at the moment. So instead, we get Pac against Floyd's biggest opponent of the last 3 years.

Such is the life of hugging the nuts of fighters that refuse to get off the bench...

gravytrain
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 22 2010, 09:00 AM) *

I'm gonna put a little bit of money on Mosley but my main bet is Pac. i'm gonna go with Pac by UD, he's not going to finish Mosley off.

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 22 2010, 08:48 AM) *
ESPN reported this morning on sportscenter and they kinda made a joke out of it... I hope this shit flops, I'll stream it though.

i thought it's funny how they said Mayweather couldn't be reached when Mayweather can't even think about fighting until january lol.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Wow, quite the fight to make lol. I think everybody has seen this coming for the past month though, so it shouldn't be a surprise. It's a shitty fight though. Mosley didn't look good against Mora, and despite HBOs cheerleading, he nearly lost that match. He hasn't won a fight for about two years, and has only looked good in one fight in the past 3-4 years. This guy is just about done, but money talks. He has a name, and people will buy the PPV. They'll do the 24/7 crap, casual fans know Pac, and it will do 1million plus buys. Can't say I blame Arum, as he's just doing what's best for his company. After this Pacquiao will fight a rematch with Cotto or Margarito. Everybody will bitch about that fight, but it will make money. These promoters don't care about the hardcore fan. They will keep recycling the same names that make money, and will take the fights with least risk. All the hardcore fans will buy it too, as much as they hate it. Hardcore boxing fans, like me, are like crack addicts. They'll swear up and down they're not going back, but once that product is put in front of them, they'll go for it. On May 7th, I'll be twitching trying not to order the fight. However, I'll press that button and enjoy the card.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 22 2010, 11:25 AM) *
He SHOULD be fighting Mayweather, but apparently lil Floyd gots his hands full of baby mama beatdowns at the moment. So instead, we get Pac against Floyd's biggest opponent of the last 3 years.

Such is the life of hugging the nuts of fighters that refuse to get off the bench...

LOL...
Just admit it... you're favorite fighter wants to be Just Like Floyd!
gravytrain
I'm just waiting for Mosley to suddenly become a good opponent in the mind of Pac dick riders.

here's the real question though; how can there be sig bets for this fight? lol.
gravytrain
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 22 2010, 05:05 PM) *
LOL...
Just admit it... you're favorite fighter wants to be Just Like Floyd!

just wait until we see Jinkee walking around with a shiner, we'll know the transformation is complete.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 22 2010, 10:16 AM) *

plus its low risk for manny......I agree

QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Dec 22 2010, 04:36 PM) *
On May 7th, I'll be twitching trying not to order the fight. However, I'll press that button and enjoy the card.

Everyone on this board will,... as bad as some of us wont want too.....

we are fight fans,.... this is sure to be a fight...
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 22 2010, 05:13 PM) *
I rate Mayweather higher as a fighter, but I think it's a bit extreme to suggest Pacquiao wants to be just like Mayweather, lol. Pacquiao is doing better than Floyd now, he is more respected as a fighter, he is liked more than Mayweather, he is just as big of a star (if not more) and definitely more exciting to watch by many.
I'm pretty sure Pacquiao is quite content he isn't Mayweather at this point, lol.

I say that jokingly. Honestly, every Pac Hugger wants to bring Mayweather's name into the equation. They want to blame Mayweather for Pacquiao-Mosley. Fuck that, as far as I'm concerned, Mayweather is retired and no longer fighting. You still have Berto, Marquez, Bradley-Alexander winner.
Shit you're the WBC 154lb champ... why don't you fight the last man to hold? Martinez said he'll come down 154 to fight, so let's do it. Pacquiao (and Pacquiao fans) want Manny to be named among the all time greatest, we'll he needs to fucking act like it. His last 6 opponents are guys coming off of significant loses.

I jokingly compare him to Floyd but at the end of the day, they are very similar. Pacquiao has carefully selected opponents that bring the least amount of risk and the highest award.
gravytrain
i think Mayweather/Pac is the only sports rivalry where they've never competed against each other.

boxing just made history again motherfuckers!
D-MARV
There were others... Bowe-Lewis and Leonard-Pryor come mind. Sadly I think Haye-Wlad will be added to that list.
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 22 2010, 04:25 PM) *

LOL. That's a euphemism if I've ever seen one.
D-MARV
LOL... I like Spyder... He's cool peeps but he loves him so Pacquiao.
jvo1800
WASTE OF TIME PERIOD. Floyd ended any lil spark that Shane had left, so i will be catching the highlights on sportscenter for this one. Shane has a punchers chance but thats about it i woulda rather seen him fight Marquez. My thing is what if he beats Pac (in dominant fashion) and Floyd beats his legal trouble???? Does he fight Floyd again just to get his ass whooped twice??? I dont understand this fight at all.
Snoop
I'd just like to see Pac take on someone coming off a win against a significant opponent.
xxxxxx
What a joke. The "sport" of Boxing is truly becoming comical.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 22 2010, 08:04 PM) *
I'd just like to see Pac take on someone coming off a win against a significant opponent.

What the hell are you talking about?

A draw against Sergio Mora is as legit as they come. Was Garcia NOT a "significant" win? Clearly you don't know what you're talking about.
Snoop
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 23 2010, 01:14 AM) *
What the hell are you talking about?

A draw against Sergio Mora is as legit as they come. Was Garcia NOT a "significant" win? Clearly you don't know what you're talking about.

laugh.gif

You're right. My hate for the Latin Snake blinds me. Also, I'm forgetting Paulie Malignaggi and of course, Stevie Forbes.

laugh.gif
Romulus9
Am I happy about this? Not really. This fight is lose/lose for Pacquiao, except for the ol' bank account, which is all that most people care about anyway.

Dan Rafael said that this fight is like getting a lump of coach in your stocking. I told him him that I disagreed because coal actually has a purpose.

Will I order/watch it? Of course I will. How do I know that? Because I love boxing and I'm pretty much just going to watch all of it, anywhere, any time. When you watch Mississippi Fight Night on SportSouth, or get a DVD of it because you missed it, you love boxing. When you not only buy Pazienza-Rosenblatt on PPV but get excited about it, you love boxing. When you work diligently to acquire DVDs of fights that were only aired in Japan just to watch them, score them, and stay up to date with fighters that casual-to-moderately-dedicated US fans have never heard of, you love boxing.

Of course I'm ordering the fight. I won't be alone. As always, friends will head over here, we'll split the cost, and enjoy the evening. I mean, we ordered Adamek-Grant on PPV. Why wouldn't we get this one? We'll probably buy Cotto-Mayorga if it happens too. We order fights, we try to get new people to head over and take in the fight and get into the sport, and it has worked out that way. Pacquiao is a name. He creates buzz, as does Mayweather. When there's a big fight, it's a chance to bring new people in to the sport and show them what it's like. New people don't know that Pacquiao-Mosley doesn't mean crap. They just know that Manny Pacquiao is a lot of fun to watch as a prizefighter and they want to see more.

If it means bringing new fans to our sport, which it badly needs, I'm in.
EpTXCHAMP
I hate this fight and will boycott it as well. Ill look for streams and try to provide them to any board members here.

Side notes: some "Shane fans" not unbiased boxing fans have stated nobody deserves a big fight more than shane good lord the man is a former steroid user, going to be 40, and coming off two horrible fights. Dont feed me the well he beat margarito because that was 2 years ago this is a what have you done for me lately world which is why this ppv will not do huge numbers. I don't even think the 24/7 will pull in good ratings...I do like that the majority of the boxing sites and writers are against this fight it'll take them plus us fans standing up against these fights for the promoters to wake up.
Romulus9
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Dec 22 2010, 08:57 PM) *
I hate this fight and will boycott it as well. Ill look for streams and try to provide them to any board members here.

Side notes: some "Shane fans" not unbiased boxing fans have stated nobody deserves a big fight more than shane good lord the man is a former steroid user, going to be 40, and coming off two horrible fights. Dont feed me the well he beat margarito because that was 2 years ago this is a what have you done for me lately world which is why this ppv will not do huge numbers. I don't even think the 24/7 will pull in good ratings...I do like that the majority of the boxing sites and writers are against this fight it'll take them plus us fans standing up against these fights for the promoters to wake up.

I'll just offer this. The Mora fight wasn't a good fight but it wasn't a bad performance from Shane. He absolutely beat Mora and the decision was atrocious.

Still, a blowout loss to Mayweather and a disputed draw against Sergio Mora doesn't merit a fight with Pacquiao.

I'll order it but i won't be too pleased about it, especially considering the other worthwhile fights that are out there between 140-154 (or whatever arbitrary 'limit' Pacquiao will fight at).
Snoop
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Dec 23 2010, 02:54 AM) *
Am I happy about this? Not really. This fight is lose/lose for Pacquiao, except for the ol' bank account, which is all that most people care about anyway.

Dan Rafael said that this fight is like getting a lump of coach in your stocking. I told him him that I disagreed because coal actually has a purpose.

laugh.gif

Will I order/watch it? Of course I will. How do I know that? Because I love boxing and I'm pretty much just going to watch all of it, anywhere, any time. When you watch Mississippi Fight Night on SportSouth, or get a DVD of it because you missed it, you love boxing. When you not only buy Pazienza-Rosenblatt on PPV but get excited about it, you love boxing. When you work diligently to acquire DVDs of fights that were only aired in Japan just to watch them, score them, and stay up to date with fighters that casual-to-moderately-dedicated US fans have never heard of, you love boxing.

Of course I'm ordering the fight. I won't be alone. As always, friends will head over here, we'll split the cost, and enjoy the evening. I mean, we ordered Adamek-Grant on PPV. Why wouldn't we get this one? We'll probably buy Cotto-Mayorga if it happens too. We order fights, we try to get new people to head over and take in the fight and get into the sport, and it has worked out that way. Pacquiao is a name. He creates buzz, as does Mayweather. When there's a big fight, it's a chance to bring new people in to the sport and show them what it's like. New people don't know that Pacquiao-Mosley doesn't mean crap. They just know that Manny Pacquiao is a lot of fun to watch as a prizefighter and they want to see more.

Nice post.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Dec 22 2010, 08:54 PM) *

good post dude....

I think Bob has us hardcore fans all wrong though...I know I get countless people to order Boxing fights who wouldnt otherwise even consider ordering a PPV event.....

What I mean is we as the main stream fans actually do the promoting for him in a sense.....I will be promoting this fight, unfortunately, but nevertheless I will.....

Maybe Bob should seriously take that into consideration as he arranges these fights that the main stream fans dont wanna see....

yall get what Im sayin?
Spyder
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Dec 22 2010, 05:14 PM) *
just wait until we see Jinkee walking around with a shiner, we'll know the transformation is complete.

HA!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Dec 22 2010, 07:21 PM) *
LOL... I like Spyder... He's cool peeps but he loves him so Pacquiao.

Man, I like most fighters that fight. I used to REALLY like watching Floyd fight too, unfortunately I have to warm up the VCR to experience that now.

QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 22 2010, 08:32 PM) *

These made me smile. smile.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 23 2010, 04:04 AM) *
Man, I like most fighters that fight. I used to REALLY like watching Floyd fight too, unfortunately I have to warm up the VCR to experience that now.

laugh.gif

Nice.
kingknockout
is mosley taking a dive ala clottey in this fight hard to believe?

or will he show his pride and say F the bucks, I'm going for the gusto? I'm trying to be the best.

but going down as the best doesn't pay the bills, this isn't rocky, this is real life.
HaydelHammer
Will I be watching: YES

Why: I'd like to see shane land a grenade and see just how well KRANG responds to it when it lands...that's it.
D-MARV
I think most people are going to watch this fight. I doubt any true boxing fan will sit around on May 7th and NOT watch this fight. I for one will scrambling all day long to find a decent stream. A buddy of mine is the biggest Shane Mosley fan (a la Eugene/Roy Jones) I know. He already said that if I don't order it he'll order it. I may just crash his party. I won't put one penny towards the fight but I told him I would buy the beer.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 23 2010, 06:59 AM) *
is mosley taking a dive ala clottey in this fight hard to believe?

or will he show his pride and say F the bucks, I'm going for the gusto? I'm trying to be the best.

but going down as the best doesn't pay the bills, this isn't rocky, this is real life.

Come on man your a boxing fan on a board discussing a fight between two already wealthy men. Dont bring that Floyd-esque attitude in here. Its wrong. And its diappointing to know that boxing fans are probably the only fans in the world who consistently miss out on fights that should happen and justify it by regurgitataing the same bullshit the promoters and certain fighters feed us.

As for Mosley taking a dive like Clottey, I dont see it. What I do see is him going into survival mode in the mid to late rounds like he did against Floyd if he cant KO Pac early on.
gbh32001
I'll wait for the Mayweather family telling it like what it is"Shane know what to do, he know what to do".LOL thumbsup_anim.gif
streetlion1
I give Mosley a little more of a chance than most early in the fight.....as the fight goes into the later rounds I would definitely say PacRoid by decision. Manny isnt gonna come forward behind an excellent guard and be the bigger stronger guy like Floyd was. Manny will be backing up which is why I give Mosley at least a chance to hurt him....only time will tell. I think the fight will be a better one than most expect because of the styles.

Shame on Pac Roid and coach Roach for ducking Marquez!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 23 2010, 12:59 AM) *
is Mosley taking a dive ala Clottey in this fight hard to believe?

but going down as the best doesn't pay the bills, this isn't Rocky, this is real life.

Well, Shane's not a take a dive guy. But I think this fight will either be a beat-down, (Most likely, why they took it) or Mosley will be competitive, but he won't win. They will promote the second round of Mayweather-Mosley to try to hype the public into believing the fight is bigger than it is. At least, this should be an HBO fight. Not PPV. Why couldn't this be on HBO?

Pacquiao should either be fighting Berto or Marquez next, not Mosley.

Jack
gravytrain
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 23 2010, 12:59 PM) *
Well, Shane's not a take a dive guy. But I think this fight will either be a beat-down, (Most likely, why they took it) or Mosley will be competitive, but he won't win. They will promote the second round of Mayweather-Mosley to try to hype the public into believing the fight is bigger than it is. At least, this should be an HBO fight. Not PPV. Why couldn't this be on HBO?

Pacquiao should either be fighting Berto or Marquez next, not Mosley.

Jack

Then they'd just make it a Top Rank PPV.
AussieLad

This how i see the fight going down... with mosely as the guy in white

HaydelHammer
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Dec 23 2010, 03:29 PM) *

LMFAO

from 2:54 to the finish reminded me of Mercer finishing off Morrison. LMAO.
Snoop
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Dec 23 2010, 09:29 PM) *

LMAO. That's embarrassing. But at the same time, he kinda deserved it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.