Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting thing about judging in Boxing
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
I was playing Fight Night Round 4 earlier and doing the announcing, as you know, is Teddy Atlas and Joe Tessitore. Atlas made a comment about judging that I think personally is ridiculous and outrageous.

He made a comment about how judges should make little marks for each round so they know later what the fighter did. As if to remind them that so and so was busy or not doing shit in the early rounds.

Is it just me or is that sort of against the idea of how you're supposed to score a fight? Each round stands on it's own, and the 10th round has jack shit to do with the 1st.

It's all about who won each round, not who won the earlier rounds and should that factor in with the later rounds.

I couldn't understand why someone who seems to know a lot about the sport would say that.
JLUVBABY
glad to see you are back posting byrd... lol...
Byrd Man
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 27 2010, 12:26 AM) *
glad to see you are back posting byrd... lol...

lol. Dick. I'm being serious here.
Lil-lightsout
Yeah...that's all we need is more shit to confuse the already screwed up judges we have now.

I don't know Byrdman, but maybe you should go after Atlas get the police after him for saying something so stupid? laugh.gif
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 27 2010, 02:04 AM) *
Yeah...that's all we need is more shit to confuse the already screwed up judges we have now.

I don't know Byrdman, but maybe you should go after Atlas get the police after him for saying something so stupid? laugh.gif

lol. Just thought that it was a strange thing to say, coming from someone who obviously knows about the sport. I would think that would be something judges weren't supposed to do. Consider earlier rounds in judging later ones.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Dec 27 2010, 02:33 AM) *
lol. Dick. I'm being serious here.

roflmao!!!! i was being serious tho man i always liked your views... and for the record im not a dick... imma cocksman... lol...
gravytrain
what if he was talking about about marking down what you think won or lost a round for a fighter? he's going to be calling a plumber about busting your pipes and flooding your basement.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 31 2010, 10:13 AM) *
What is most interesting about judging in boxing is how often they appear to fuck it up.

Very well said... and very sad that's true.
Seek
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Dec 27 2010, 04:06 AM) *
I was playing Fight Night Round 4 earlier and doing the announcing, as you know, is Teddy Atlas and Joe Tessitore. Atlas made a comment about judging that I think personally is ridiculous and outrageous.

He made a comment about how judges should make little marks for each round so they know later what the fighter did. As if to remind them that so and so was busy or not doing shit in the early rounds.

Is it just me or is that sort of against the idea of how you're supposed to score a fight? Each round stands on it's own, and the 10th round has jack shit to do with the 1st.

It's all about who won each round, not who won the earlier rounds and should that factor in with the later rounds.

I couldn't understand why someone who seems to know a lot about the sport would say that.

Great point. That is a ridiculous statement

I have noticed some judges actually do this. Aint good for boxing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.