Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bradley VS Alexander
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
EAlbian
I know this fight is still a couple weeks away but i'm pumped.. I feel like this is Mosley vs Mayweather back in 99-00, two young very skillful fighters in their primes. When's the last time a fight like this happened?
neophyte7
They both are overrated... I could care less but something tells me Alexander is going to get beaten down.. he is the more overrated of the 2
Maxy
Alexander was exposed by Kotelnik. Prior to that I thought he had the beating of Bradley, now I'm not so sure. I still need to see more from Tim though so I am looking forward to this fight.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 10 2011, 05:20 PM) *
Alexander was exposed by Kotelnik. Prior to that I thought he had the beating of Bradley, now I'm not so sure. I still need to see more from Tim though so I am looking forward to this fight.

Exposed?? he had a tough fight that i scored for him(Don't like my credentials; Dan Rafeal and Howard Ledderman also scored it for Alexander). He did a lot of promotion( fist big hometown fight, lot of media time) for that fight and kotelniks style gave him problems, so what. He Knocked out witter and Urango, two guys at the top of the division. he's only 22 years old, he blew out Chop Chop and Corley gave Miadana all he could handle 3 years later. I think it's a huge stretch to say either guy is overrated, both have fought most of the guys near the top of the division and have been pretty impressive in doing so, and now they are fighting each other. I think this is a great thing for the sport and HBO, glad they got behind this fight and they need to follow up with this tactic more.
Maxy
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Jan 10 2011, 06:37 PM) *
Exposed?? he had a tough fight that i scored for him(Don't like my credentials; Dan Rafeal and Howard Ledderman also scored it for Alexander). He did a lot of promotion( fist big hometown fight, lot of media time) for that fight and kotelniks style gave him problems, so what. He Knocked out witter and Urango, two guys at the top of the division. he's only 22 years old, he blew out Chop Chop and Corley gave Miadana all he could handle 3 years later. I think it's a huge stretch to say either guy is overrated, both have fought most of the guys near the top of the division and have been pretty impressive in doing so, and now they are fighting each other. I think this is a great thing for the sport and HBO, glad they got behind this fight and they need to follow up with this tactic more.

Like I said, I liked him to beat Bradley before the Kotelnik fight, now I ain't so sure. He looked like crap in that fight tbh, far from the star I was expecting to see. Yeah, he's young, maybe he just had an off day. That's why I'm looking forward to the fight. It'll answer some questions about both of them and it should be good.
salvador
I've always been a bit curious as to why Bradley was rated so high here. He's definitely a solid boxer, but it's not like he could have gone 12 rounds with Tszyu or Judah back in the day - not even close IMO. Alexander is still a question mark to me. I suppose the smart money is on Bradley by decision, but for some reason I just think Alexander is going to be able to land something meaningful early and will take it either by ko or by a close decision that includes a couple of Bradley knockdowns.

alaganza
Bradley should bank enough early rounds before the fight is ended with a headbutt. thumbsup_anim.gif Bradley by technical decision.
The Original MrFactor
This fight reminds me very much of the climate before Roy Jones Jr vs James Toney. Back then, I just knew Toney was gonna roll this young brash upstart. I remember the stare down between the two of them on Tuesday night fights. Soon after that, the fight was signed. I was wrong about my TONEY pick, then. Toney was overconfident and overweight(what else is new). The buildup was great for that fight. Two young guns that would carry the next generation of boxing. At the time, there was a lull in the 160 - 175 weight classes. Hagler, Leonard and Hearns were either retired or over the hill. The winner of this fight would go on to superstardom. That was the thought. Turns out that the fight was anticlimactic. Jones won a decision and even knocked an off balance Toney down. Jones went on to superstardom. Toney went on to Pizza Hut. In Toney's defense, he was still one of the greatest of the era. Hopkins, right now is rewritting the book that was the 90's.

This fight, Bradley vs Alexander could be THAT fight all over again. The difference is the buildup for this one isnt that great. One of these two guys is gonna walk away as a superstar. Tim Bradley reminds me of Toney. Alexander reminds me of Jones. I've seen both of them fight. I think Bradley does what Toney didnt. I think Bradley wins a decision. Alexander doesnt like to get hit and he doesnt like guys who dont stand in front of him so he can jab away. Bradley his gonna give him angles and stay close to his body and bang. I think Bradley makes this fight look easy. I dont think Devon likes to hit moving targets that punch back. Bradley will be that and more. Again, Bradley by decision.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (salvador @ Jan 10 2011, 05:52 PM) *
I've always been a bit curious as to why Bradley was rated so high here. He's definitely a solid boxer, but it's not like he could have gone 12 rounds with Tszyu or Judah back in the day - not even close IMO. Alexander is still a question mark to me. I suppose the smart money is on Bradley by decision, but for some reason I just think Alexander is going to be able to land something meaningful early and will take it either by ko or by a close decision that includes a couple of Bradley knockdowns.

Bradley would have beaten a pre Tszyu, Judah. Judah as of late isnt really all that different from back then. Tszyu just pointed out the obvious. Bradley is a tough dude who doesnt wilt under adversity. When i've seen him knocked down, he gets up and cranks up his activity rate. The only hang up I have with Bradley is his punching power. If Bradley had mustard on his punches, his name would be Manny Pacquiao. Their styles are similar in that, at times they throw caution to the wind and just bombard their opponents with non stop punches. The difference is that Bradley is much better defensively than Pacquiao.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jan 10 2011, 04:57 PM) *
They both are overrated... I could care less but something tells me Alexander is going to get beaten down.. he is the more overrated of the 2

People throw the word overrated around too much... Whats overrated about Bradley or Alexander? No one is saying that they are the next Sugar Ray Leonard at this time. I think the guy that wins this, cements himself into stardom. They are at the spot where Roy Jones was right before the Toney fight. Young, up and coming, budding star.
PR316
Its a difficult one to call, really. Both guys have flaws and both have potential.

My head is saying Bradley in a close one but I won't be betting on it.
Mean Mister Mustard
Alexander's best punch in this fight will be his right jab. Bradley will have to adapt from throwing lead overhand rights, to straight rights, which is what Kotelnik nailed Alexander with all night. His other weapon will be that big shiny bowling ball he calls a head.
JLUVBABY
this should be a solid matchup... i give the edge to bradley... actually i think he will win pretty easily (easier than some may be thinking).. i think in time bradley may prove to be an a list fighter... for who ever it was that called them both over rated???... i dont get that comment... i dont think anyone on this site has made either out to be the next greatest... i personally feel bradley has shown what i believe to be the making of a very good fighter... devon also i think win or lose will be a very solid fighter capable of beating most in the division... im looking for clarifacation to the over rated comment... lol...
kidbazooka1
I know most ppl here are big on Bradley i personaly am not sold on him.

Bradley is one of those fighters thats good as everything but great at nothing. I know some might disagree with me but i think Alexander is the more talented of the two. I like Alexander and evene thought he looked like sh*t against Kotlenik i think Alexander will rise to the ocassion on this one and take a close but well deserved UD win.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jan 10 2011, 11:19 PM) *
I know most ppl here are big on Bradley i personaly am not sold on him.

Bradley is one of those fighters thats good as everything but great at nothing. I know some might disagree with me but i think Alexander is the more talented of the two. I like Alexander and evene thought he looked like sh*t against Kotlenik i think Alexander will rise to the ocassion on this one and take a close but well deserved UD win.

i respect your opinion and you very well could be right bazook.... but what i see in bradley is a fighter that has shown he can get up from a serious knock down and come back and dominate... he has shown signs of a fighter, in my opinion, that knows how to rise to the occasion in a big fight atmosphere... you are right bradley is not the hardest puncher, but he has enough power to be respected... i think he is capable of boxing just as good as alexander can when he wants to... i dont know man i just feel alexander is a few fights away from competing on this stage against the elite... and i could be wrong but i think bradley is ready right now to challenge the better fighters of the welterweight division... the berto's, pacs and mayweathers.. i think he's a legit fight for all 3 of those guys... i cant say that for alexander just yet... and its very well possible alexander had an off night last time out but if its true you are only as good as your last fight then alexander is in for a long painful night...
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 11 2011, 12:44 AM) *
i respect your opinion and you very well could be right bazook.... but what i see in bradley is a fighter that has shown he can get up from a serious knock down and come back and dominate... he has shown signs of a fighter, in my opinion, that knows how to rise to the occasion in a big fight atmosphere... you are right bradley is not the hardest puncher, but he has enough power to be respected... i think he is capable of boxing just as good as alexander can when he wants to... i dont know man i just feel alexander is a few fights away from competing on this stage against the elite... and i could be wrong but i think bradley is ready right now to challenge the better fighters of the welterweight division... the berto's, pacs and mayweathers.. i think he's a legit fight for all 3 of those guys... i cant say that for alexander just yet... and its very well possible alexander had an off night last time out but if its true you are only as good as your last fight then alexander is in for a long painful night...

Good post. I agree with you on that... Bradley is a tough little guy. I see him as a legit threat at 140-147 for the next few years.
BigG
I think Bradley is gonna win but it will be great competitive fight but clearly Bradley.
ViperSniper
This is a great match-up with both fighters having so much to gain from this fight, as it will possibly set the path for the rest of their career. I think both a very solid fighters so far in their careers & both will have success after this fight imo. Both fighters are close in terms of skills & what they bring inside the ring but overall feel Bradley is a pinch more complete. Bradley has shared his many big plans for after this fight which may be overlooking, but I think this case will be an exception. Not to be taken badly, I feel Bradley already believes he is a star in boxing as he appears to have this attitude about him that will give him this victory and others after it.

This is the biggest, most important fight at 140 since Tszyu-Judah with both young respected fighters putting their belts n 0's on the line. This is how boxing should be...can't wait for this one thumbsup_anim.gif
salvador
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 10 2011, 09:49 PM) *
Bradley would have beaten a pre Tszyu, Judah. Judah as of late isnt really all that different from back then. Tszyu just pointed out the obvious. Bradley is a tough dude who doesnt wilt under adversity. When i've seen him knocked down, he gets up and cranks up his activity rate. The only hang up I have with Bradley is his punching power. If Bradley had mustard on his punches, his name would be Manny Pacquiao. Their styles are similar in that, at times they throw caution to the wind and just bombard their opponents with non stop punches. The difference is that Bradley is much better defensively than Pacquiao.

I think Judah, pre Tszyu, was too fast and too strong and too confident for Bradley. Tszyu ruined him with one punch. I don't think Bradley would have thrown that punch and I don't think Bradley could have stayed away from that uppercut for 12 rounds. Hopefully in the future we'll see a post-Tszyu/Cotto/Clottey/Baldomir Judah in with Bradley for comparison. I'd still take Judah over Bradley at this point - though I readily admit I could be very wrong. Just a hunch.

Bradley's skills are all solid, but he lacks power and he doesn't have any one dominating weapon that controls fights like a killer jab to make up for it.
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 11 2011, 07:45 PM) *
If what you say about Judah's uppercut is true then Bradley will have similar trouble with Alexander, who has an excellent and powerful uppercut. I stated before that because of Bradley's lean forward style and tendency to throw looping punches at times Alexander may be able to get him out of there.

That said, Team Alexander's continuous droning about his Kotelnik fiasco being a blessing in disguise and the only reason that Bradley took the fight, suggests weakness, IMO. "Devon had to do all the marketing. Devon this, Devon that . . . wah, wah, wah."

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't hear Team Bradley whining like that.

Bradley ain't going to either, he will handle business in the ring with his hands and will win @ least 8-4 if not better IMO!
Fitz
My brother said that he read Bradley state that the only way for him to get a Mayweather or Pacquiao fight is for him to get past Khan first. Hahaha. That is the worst, he is in a fight with Alexander, and already talking about having to fight Khan in order to fight Pacquiao or Mayweather. He is like 3 steps ahead and seems to be disregarding the fight with Alexander.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 11 2011, 08:10 PM) *
My brother said that he read Bradley state that the only way for him to get a Mayweather or Pacquiao fight is for him to get past Khan first. Hahaha. That is the worst, he is in a fight with Alexander, and already talking about having to fight Khan in order to fight Pacquiao or Mayweather. He is like 3 steps ahead and seems to be disregarding the fight with Alexander.

ive very openly predicted bradly to win this pretty clear but if he is looking past this fight it all of a sudden becomes a lot closer... im sure hes just confident not over confident.. but if he is its gonan be fun to see how he deals with adversity in a close fight cuzz thats what it'll be..
Lil-lightsout
This should be a good competitive fight. I think too many people are sleeping on Devon because of his last fight. I expect to see a very sharp fight from both guys. I am already on the Bradley bandwagon, and I think he will have his hands full come fight night. I do see Bradley winning in the end though. If Alexander does get the win, then he deserves a ton of credit and no one should try and rip on Bradley and say he was over rated or some shit like that.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Everything for me points to Bradley. I think he has the better resume, the better chin, the better technique, and so on that note..................I'm picking Alexander on nothing but a hunch.

I can't even disuss the technical reasons. Just a gut feel. It should be a good fight but it will be somewhat of a chess match, not a fireworks kinda fight. Probably one for the purists and hardcore fans.

Like an inferior version of Mayweather/Spinks if they had ever fought.
lloyd mayflower
Consensus seems to be that Bradley will take this, any strong feelings on who you guys want to win? I only ask cos despite leaning slightly towards Bradley winning it, I really hope Devon pulls it out. Simply because I have a dislike for Bradley.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jan 12 2011, 09:34 AM) *
Consensus seems to be that Bradley will take this, any strong feelings on who you guys want to win? I only ask cos despite leaning slightly towards Bradley winning it, I really hope Devon pulls it out. Simply because I have a dislike for Bradley.

im picking bradley only because i think he is the better prepared fighter right now as far as being able to progress farther off of a win.. i feel like devon still has a little maturing to do... i like watching both of them...
EAlbian
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 12 2011, 07:20 AM) *
I agree, LL. If Alexander pulls this off it should not reflect overly negatively on Bradley and Devon's stock should spike.

Hunches are great when you are playing for toothpicks.

Alexander got schooled by an admittedly excellent pro (Kotelnik) who had recently been lacerated by Khan. Devon has spent a lot of time defeating decent competition that had recently been defeated by someone else. Remind you of anyone?

Bradley aint one of those guys, though he has not been active enough lately. Take a good look at Tim's record. It is difficult to pick against him at 140 on anything but "a hunch," IMO.

I agree Bradley is the man at 140, right now. I think this is an excellent fight. 4 of Alexanders last 5 fights he was fighting opponents coming off of wins, who should he have been fighting?? You can also make an argument as to how opponents that Bradley had faced have fared in the following fight(Holt/Campbell), maybe he caught these guys at the right time? Anyways there are a bunch of excuses you can make either way but as i see it these are the two best young American champions facing each other in the very near to their primes before either has tasted defeat. I'm very excited for this fight. I think that bradley rushing in with his head down and looping round punches might spell disaster, but i can also see his work rate and foot speed being a problem for Alexander.. Only one can win and all the questions will be answer come 1/29.. This is why i love boxing
EAlbian
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 12 2011, 11:31 AM) *
Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to this fight. It can go either way.

What I was talking about when commenting on Alexander's recent opponents is that he has been fighting dudes that have been defeated in the 12 months prior to him fighting them almost his whole career and for all of his previous 6 fights. Meanwhile you have to go back 8 fights to find the same situation with Bradley.

For Team Alexander to suggest that Bradley would not have taken the fight if Devon had blown out Kotelnik is a straight up insult with no basis in reality.

A decent argument can be made that Kotelnik was a far tougher opponent than Abregu. Doesn't change the facts that Abregu was an undefeated Welter and Kotelnik had recently been sliced and diced by Khan.

Bradley is seasoned. He is tough and rough. He reminds me of a smaller version of Ward. But, it won't hurt my feelings if this is a true coming out party for Alexander. Bradley is one of those that annoy me with their religion on their sleeves.

Still got to go with Bradley.

I see where you are coming from. Although Urango's loss came from Berto, a fight where he moved up to welterweight and it was almost a foregone conclusion that berto would win, before that he hadn't lost in 2 years. Alexander destroyed him, i hold this win in high regard(knocking out a man with an iron chin). Witter's loss came from Bradley in a close fight and again Alexander destroyed him. Bradley has some good wins with Cherry and Holt but he was dropped hard in the Holt fight and we saw how holt preformed after that fight. Bradleys best performance imo is the Peterson fight and i think that win helps him the most in preparation for the Alexander fight. Bradley has somewhat been there before and Alexander hasn't, this is where great fighters come from and i see some of those tangible qualities in Alexander, i just don't know for sure if he's the goods(the eyes and intelligence we see in fighters like Robinson, Ali, Leonard, Mayweather). here's his shot. I guess what it comes down to is imo Alexander has the potential to be great where as i don't necessarily see those traits in Bradley, you have a really good fighter against a potentially great fighter.
gravytrain
I think this will be a good fight but think Bradley will get a clear decision. It's going to be nice to have a fight like this too, I've been looking forward to it since it's announced.
Fitz
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 12 2011, 07:15 PM) *
Everything for me points to Bradley. I think he has the better resume, the better chin, the better technique, and so on that note..................I'm picking Alexander on nothing but a hunch.

I can't even disuss the technical reasons. Just a gut feel. It should be a good fight but it will be somewhat of a chess match, not a fireworks kinda fight. Probably one for the purists and hardcore fans.

Like an inferior version of Mayweather/Spinks if they had ever fought.

I agree with you Ollie. To be honest, for me, based on what I seen and resume, I should be picking Bradley in a close one. But I just can't pick him confidently. Something keeps drawing me to Alexander. Could go either way, but like you, something keeps stopping me from picking Bradley and I keep getting drawn to Alexander. Not by much though, very close, like a bees dick.
I just don't know who to pick. I was telling my brother that this is one of those fights where I will probably pick a winner the moment I both see them in the ring in the stare down just before the opening bell. Just to see the demeanour and attitude of both.
I also agree with you about it being a fight for the purists and hardcore fans. I don't think it will be boring, I think there will be some action. Just not expecting a FOTY type of fight.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 12 2011, 08:20 AM) *
Hunches are great when you are playing for toothpicks.

Alexander got schooled by an admittedly excellent pro (Kotelnik) who had recently been lacerated by Khan. Devon has spent a lot of time defeating decent competition that had recently been defeated by someone else. Remind you of anyone?

Bradley aint one of those guys, though he has not been active enough lately. Take a good look at Tim's record. It is difficult to pick against him at 140 on anything but "a hunch," IMO.

I agree Beardo a hunch doesn't sound like the most convincing argument when talking about a boxing match. To be honest this is one of those fights I wouldn't like to bet on. Shoot I'd put dough on Mosley by KO in 5 rounds or less rather than bet on this one.

Your reasoning based on their respective resume's is sound and I agree with it, but that's the wonderful thing about boxing, on the right night resume's go out the window. I also like the Cunningham influence in this fight. I think he is an underrated trainer, and although he can sound like a bit of windbag at times I think he will have Alexander just right for this fight.

Nah who am I kidding? Devon by UD on a hunch!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 12 2011, 11:47 PM) *
I agree Beardo a hunch doesn't sound like the most convincing argument when talking about a boxing match. To be honest this is one of those fights I wouldn't like to bet on. Shoot I'd put dough on Mosley by KO in 5 rounds or less rather than bet on this one.

Your reasoning based on their respective resume's is sound and I agree with it, but that's the wonderful thing about boxing, on the right night resume's go out the window. I also like the Cunningham influence in this fight. I think he is an underrated trainer, and although he can sound like a bit of windbag at times I think he will have Alexander just right for this fight.

Nah who am I kidding? Devon by UD on a hunch!

and your hunch may be on the money, Ollie.
TheFonz
I got Devon Alexander, what he did in the Urango fight was a thing of beauty.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Jan 14 2011, 05:15 AM) *
I got Devon Alexander, what he did in the Urango fight was a thing of beauty.

That was impressive.

What else is impressive is The Front Page interview with the both of them. Boxing is alive and well thanks to superior young athletes like Bradley and Alexander. Fuck Team QuackMeow and the PBF Soap Opera.

The 140lb div alone has enough good fights in and around it to keep me interested for the year.
Fitz
Ticket sales are reportedly poor, according to TRU?

By Michael Marley

Tickets for the hotly anticipated boxing showdown between undefeated junior welterweight champions Tim Bradley and Devon Alexander are moving like coldcakes--no, make that frozen cakes--at the Pontiac Silverdome, site of the bout which is being televised by HBO.

An inflamed source told me at noon Thursday that a not so grand total of 339 tickets have been sold for the match between the world champ from St. Louis, Alexander, and the one from California (Bradley).

Tickets range from a $25 bottom to a $400 ringside top and have been on sale since Dec. 10.

The 80,000-seat arena, which recently sold for the price of a modest house and is the former home of the NFL Detroit Lions, will be cordoned off for a cozy, 7,000-seat setup.

"The first four rows at ringside are being given away, those seats go to Don King and Gary Shaw (co-promoters) and to HBO and its guests. You can only buy tickets from the fifth row back," my source said Thursday afternoon.

Chances are we will never the honest count on paid attendance in both dollars and rear ends in the seats who did not get in free as Michigan keeps such information private by law.

Maybe Wikileaks can come up with it, it's beyond me.

There was some insanity to selecting this neutral venue but Shaw and King got some glad tidings Wednesday as their promised $600,000 site fee came through albeit a few days late.

Had the bout been held in St. Louis, a 12,000-seat venue figured to sell out in a short time.

Perhaps, this being near Motor City Detroit, they expect a huge "drive up" at the last minute.
EAlbian
I agree, there are talks about a Berto v Ortiz fight on HBO which i'm actually pretty interested in seeing. HBO has enough talent from 135-147 to put on some very interesting fights without needing Pac or Mayweather. Bradley vs Alexander; Berto v Ortiz; Kahn v Peterson; Miadana vs Marquez; Judah vs Mabuza. Throw in Tim Coleman, Katsidis, Guerro(who is looking to move up to 140 in 2011), Saul Alvarez, Randal Bailey, Mathew Hatton, Kell Brook, and Mike Jones.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 14 2011, 07:29 AM) *
Ticket sales are reportedly poor, according to TRU?

Defukingtroit mid-winter (and recession)? Brilliant.

Should have been in Vegas. I would have probably made the trip. This is like the year they did the Super Bowl in Detroit.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 14 2011, 09:37 AM) *
Defukingtroit mid-winter (and recession)? Brilliant.

Should have been in Vegas. I would have probably made the trip. This is like the year they did the Super Bowl in Detroit.

last i heard people are getting shot over 5 dollars out there... lol... def the wrong city for such a high caliber fight...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I don't know why it wasn't in St Louis. I know that is Alexander's hometown but it would be a guaranteed sellout and the atmosphere would be off the chain.

AND if I'm Bradley I'm thinking hmmmm the last time Alexander fought there the pressure effected him, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have him fight there again.
Maxy
I've made my mind up for this one. Tim Bradley wins a clear and pretty wide unanimous decision. Alexander is unable to adapt in a fight and he basically boxes exactly the same way from start to finish. He also telegraphs his punches in the way he sounds like an orgasmic lesbian prior to throwing every shot. His poor performance against Kotelnik is more worrying when you consider he failed to work out the very basics...I mean Kotelnik, with his high guard and stiff jab gave Alexander all the problems he could handle and Devon didn't know how to adjust.

Alexander will be countered regularly by Bradleys left hook because he throws that southpaw jab from too far back and Tim will also land his swooping overhand right. Don't get me wrong, this is a good fight and Tim might climb off the floor if he gets caught but he's proven he can do that, he has an excellent will-to-win attitude and he knows how to adapt.

Tim Bradley 117-110 or something like that.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 15 2011, 02:31 AM) *
I've made my mind up for this one. Tim Bradley wins a clear and pretty wide unanimous decision. Alexander is unable to adapt in a fight and he basically boxes exactly the same way from start to finish. He also telegraphs his punches in the way he sounds like an orgasmic lesbian prior to throwing every shot. His poor performance against Kotelnik is more worrying when you consider he failed to work out the very basics...I mean Kotelnik, with his high guard and stiff jab gave Alexander all the problems he could handle and Devon didn't know how to adjust.

Alexander will be countered regularly by Bradleys left hook because he throws that southpaw jab from too far back and Tim will also land his swooping overhand right. Don't get me wrong, this is a good fight and Tim might climb off the floor if he gets caught but he's proven he can do that, he has an excellent will-to-win attitude and he knows how to adapt.

Tim Bradley 117-110 or something like that.

Damn Maxy! You got me spittin' up cigar juice with that bold shit.

Nice breakdown.
Maxy
The sales are unbelievably bad for this. WTF? Two unbeaten Americans in what should be an excellent clash and yet they are having to give the tickets away?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 15 2011, 09:26 AM) *
The sales are unbelievably bad for this. WTF? Two unbeaten Americans in what should be an excellent clash and yet they are having to give the tickets away?

Might as well have made the fight for a tent city in Haiti. It would be safer and warmer. Just another case of morons being mistaken for businessmen.
JLUVBABY
my boy elvers brooks told me yesterday only 500 or so tickets have been sold so far... hope thats not true... lol...
JLUVBABY
not looking good for the fight... lol.... 400 or so tickets... lol... hope they fight as planned.

Maxy
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 15 2011, 02:09 PM) *
my boy elvers brooks told me yesterday only 500 or so tickets have been sold so far... hope thats not true... lol...

I heard the same thing. That is just beyond comprehension. Some bogus bullshit like Haye-Harrison sells out something like 20,000 tickets and this, a genuine world class match-up, is failing to shift tickets, even the $25 seats ain't getting sold.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 15 2011, 10:52 AM) *
I heard the same thing. That is just beyond comprehension. Some bogus bullshit like Haye-Harrison sells out something like 20,000 tickets and this, a genuine world class match-up, is failing to shift tickets, even the $25 seats ain't getting sold.

They could move the thing to Vegas or St Louis right now and do fine. You got to be brain dead to fuck this fight up this bad.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 15 2011, 12:52 PM) *

it was location maxy.... detroit was the wrong city for this fight or any fight right now... they are in dire straights out there right now...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 15 2011, 12:59 PM) *
They could move the thing to Vegas or St Louis right now and do fine. You got to be brain dead to fuck this fight up this bad.

well then they have some brain dead fuckers controling this fight.. what happened to the day when a fighter was told to fight in a certain city no questions asked?... this is bradleys doing... this fight shuld have taken place in st louis...
Maxy
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 15 2011, 02:59 PM) *

They really must be fuckin' stupid to mess this up so bad.

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 15 2011, 03:51 PM) *
it was location maxy.... detroit was the wrong city for this fight or any fight right now... they are in dire straights out there right now...

Yeah I read somewhere that Detroit is in a bad bad way. Things have been going downhill there for sometime, the place is literally falling apart. There simply ain't no money floating around so it's a dumb decision to put this fight on there. Too late to move it now I guess?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.