Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bradley VS Alexander
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 15 2011, 01:57 PM) *
They really must be fuckin' stupid to mess this up so bad.

Yeah I read somewhere that Detroit is in a bad bad way. Things have been going downhill there for sometime, the place is literally falling apart. There simply ain't no money floating around so it's a dumb decision to put this fight on there. Too late to move it now I guess?

maxy like i posted man people are getting stuck up for and murdered over 5 dollars out there... detroit is a dying city man...
Fitz
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 16 2011, 05:51 AM) *
not looking good for the fight... lol.... 400 or so tickets... lol... hope they fight as planned.

This is what annoys me. This fight should be gaining some interest from a lot of people. This is why guys like Donaire should be fighting on Pacquiao under cards. This is why in big fights, guys like Bradley, Alexander, Gamboa, Lopez should be fighting on the cards. I'm not talking about having all of them on one card, just at least one fighter of that calibre should be fighting regularly on under cards. I know these guys are top p4p fighters, but guess what? That doesn't mean people give a shit about them. They should be exposed and given a spot light to build them, and create some interest. Them headlining cards on PPV or non PPV probably doesn't help them dramatically either. Not everyone will go out of the way to watch a main event with guys you aren't totally familiar with, even if it is free. Though you probably would get some, but I wouldn't think it would be enough. Then they expect people to pay for fights with names casual fans aren't familiar with?
I don't know on what end the problem is regarding this. But p4p fighters without a big fan base should be fighting on under cards of fighters with big fan bases. Even if you are a top 10 fighter, and don't have a fan base. I would like to see them on under cards to try gain a fan base. These guys should be headlining a PPV for this fight, the problem is that I think not enough work is put prior to this point, to give them a name.
This shouldn't be happening to these guys, but it doesn't surprise me that it is.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 15 2011, 05:18 PM) *
This is what annoys me. This fight should be gaining some interest from a lot of people. This is why guys like Donaire should be fighting on Pacquiao under cards. This is why in big fights, guys like Bradley, Alexander, Gamboa, Lopez should be fighting on the cards. I'm not talking about having all of them on one card, just at least one fighter of that calibre should be fighting regularly on under cards. I know these guys are top p4p fighters, but guess what? That doesn't mean people give a shit about them. They should be exposed and given a spot light to build them, and create some interest. Them headlining cards on PPV or non PPV probably doesn't help them dramatically either. Not everyone will go out of the way to watch a main event with guys you aren't totally familiar with, even if it is free. Though you probably would get some, but I wouldn't think it would be enough. Then they expect people to pay for fights with names casual fans aren't familiar with?
I don't know on what end the problem is regarding this. But p4p fighters without a big fan base should be fighting on under cards of fighters with big fan bases. Even if you are a top 10 fighter, and don't have a fan base. I would like to see them on under cards to try gain a fan base. These guys should be headlining a PPV for this fight, the problem is that I think not enough work is put prior to this point, to give them a name.
This shouldn't be happening to these guys, but it doesn't surprise me that it is.

This is nothing about the fighters and everything about the shithole where it is happening. The Detroit area has been a cesspool for more than a generation. Winter is brutal there. You couldn't pay me to go there for that fight at that time. I couldn't carry enough weaponry with me on the flight and aint no way I would drive cross the northern tier at this time of year unless I was forced to.

This shit is just a shame.
Fitz
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 16 2011, 01:55 PM) *
This is nothing about the fighters and everything about the shithole where it is happening. The Detroit area has been a cesspool for more than a generation. Winter is brutal there. You couldn't pay me to go there for that fight at that time. I couldn't carry enough weaponry with me on the flight and aint no way I would drive cross the northern tier at this time of year unless I was forced to.

This shit is just a shame.

It explains the ticket sales, but will wait and see for sure if it's the fighters as well when we see how many PPV buys it gets.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 15 2011, 08:03 PM) *
It explains the ticket sales, but will wait and see for sure if it's the fighters as well when we see how many PPV buys it gets.

I think its on HBO. Is it PPV down there?
Fitz
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 16 2011, 03:12 PM) *
I think its on HBO. Is it PPV down there?

Is it? That's alright then.

Yeah, it's PPV over here. Everything is, lol.

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 15 2011, 08:24 PM) *
Is it? That's alright then.

Yeah, it's PPV over here. Everything is, lol.

How much is it?

A better question is how would tickets sell if this fight was in Melbourne or Sydney?
Fitz
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 16 2011, 03:30 PM) *
How much is it?

A better question is how would tickets sell if this fight was in Melbourne or Sydney?

It's $30. I have no idea how it would sell in Melbourne or Sydney, lol.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 15 2011, 10:50 PM) *
It's $30. I have no idea how it would sell in Melbourne or Sydney, lol.

Throw Katsidis v . . . say . . . Antillon in as the co-main and I bet it sells huge. This fight in London, or Germany or Japan would do fine. Defukintroit? What? Is it part of a retro Robocop convention or some shit? Atlanta, New Orleans, Miami, Mexico City, Mazatlan for omnipotent being's sake, but DEFUCKINTROIT mid winter in a decrepit old monster dome?

Brilliant.

West Oakland would have been a better choice, as long as you don't mind the aroma of rotting rat.
JD
After a good deal of thought, I have Alexander by decision...no controversy.
The Original MrFactor
St Louis, Vegas or AC should have held this fight. Detroit or Pontiac is a depressed area. Its no wonder the fight aint sellin... The person who picked Pontiac, Michigan is an asshole and should be fired!
The CEO
This is one I've been waitin' for...and I think Bradley will take it based on 3 traits...

He's smarter, hungrier, and more experienced.

I don't know, but I keep getting a very "dumb" vibe from Alexander...oddswise, I'd make him a 4 to 1 dog...
EAlbian
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 18 2011, 10:47 AM) *
I know what you mean . . . that faraway stare . . . he's in his own space . . . and nobody's there.

Kind of like SSM becoming The Flinch last May. I can see that grin, like he had escaped to the land of warm and fuzzy.

I see it too but i tend to hope for the best for most fighters. He has potential to give away, i think his straight punches will cause problems for the Bradley who comes in too wide with his head down. I think Devon would have been better off looking for this fight in a year or two but i'm glad we're getting it now. Still got Alexander just can't decide how i want to call it (UD/KO). Right now i see a straight left followed by a right uppercut in the 7th round but i can't be sure yet

I'm going to re-watch Alexander/Urango and Bradley/(Holt/Peterson)

-Timmy's work rate and foot speed is what worries me. As much as i want to be impressed with the guy i'm just not, Alexander has so much more star potential
Maxy
Sticking with 117-111 Bradley.

Lil-lightsout
Bradley is the best 140 pounder and Alexander is not beating him. I need to stick to my guns and say a decisive decision win for Tim. Bradley just seems more of a man and is tougher and stronger mentally. To me Tim has proved himself and I need to see if Alexander has the goods when things get tough in there.

I have been very impressed with Bradley with each fight, he just seems to be getting better each time out. I think his all around skills are under appreciated by many.

I basically think what this fight boils down to is Bradley will be imposing his will on Devon, and eventually he will wear him out. I will guess a clear UD or a late stoppage win for Tim.
ViperSniper
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 18 2011, 10:26 PM) *
Leaning towards Alexander slightly more now. Still close to a pick 'em.

I think Alexander has always wanted this fight a bit more than Bradley, and he is the one that pushed for it more.
Not suggesting Bradley was scared or tried to avoid the fight, but I think it meant more to Alexander than Bradley. Let's see if that translates in the ring on the night.

Good point. No knock on Alexander as he has a lot of potential but the very reason above is one of the few reasons I feel Devon could win..but not sure if it will be enough.

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 19 2011, 12:56 AM) *
Bradley is the best 140 pounder and Alexander is not beating him. I need to stick to my guns and say a decisive decision win for Tim. Bradley just seems more of a man and is tougher and stronger mentally. To me Tim has proved himself and I need to see if Alexander has the goods when things get tough in there.

I have been very impressed with Bradley with each fight, he just seems to be getting better each time out. I think his all around skills are under appreciated by many.

I basically think what this fight boils down to is Bradley will be imposing his will on Devon, and eventually he will wear him out. I will guess a clear UD or a late stoppage win for Tim.

Agree. I think Bradley's all round skills, strength and mental toughness will be the difference in this fight. I fell the Kotelnik fight will be additional motivation for Alexander..but although I feel it was due to his home coming he struggled against a solid boxer in Kotelnik and unfortunately because of that gives me more reasons to lean towards Bradley.
JD
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 18 2011, 04:26 PM) *
Leaning towards Alexander slightly more now. Still close to a pick 'em.

I think Alexander has always wanted this fight a bit more than Bradley, and he is the one that pushed for it more. Not suggesting Bradley was scared or tried to avoid the fight, but I think it meant more to Alexander than Bradley. Let's see if that translates in the ring on the night.

Yeah you are...wise man waiting to see who I went with.
The CEO
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 19 2011, 08:07 AM) *
Yeah you are...wise man waiting to see who I went with.

laugh.gif

You might wanna check this out before you make it official on your Breakdown...

Young and dumb...note his body language and how his trainer talks for him...

Bradley might actually Hagler this kid like he said...he was pretty convincing....heard he's been working on his power and collapsed his sparring partner's lung.
JD
Whoa now...don't be trying to get in my head.
The CEO
lol...jus' watchin' out for you like you watch out for me...

Speaking of which...I got that Cuisinart Keurig Machine...you were right...Top Notch.

friends.gif
JD
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 19 2011, 08:49 AM) *
lol...jus' watchin' out for you like you watch out for me...

Speaking of which...I got that Cuisinart Keurig Machine...you were right...Top Notch.

friends.gif

Right?

The Cuisinart dominates the Keurig machine/
TheFonz
Alexander looks like a miniature Evander Holyfield.
SENTRAL
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Jan 19 2011, 10:07 AM) *
Alexander looks like a miniature Evander Holyfield.

But it is Bradley who fights with the heart of The Real Deal.

I am going with Alexander though. Its a difficult one and its divided opinion but Alexander just has that extra star quality about him and I tip him to eek out a close decision.
JD
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 19 2011, 05:38 PM) *
Haha. You got it. I was on the fence slightly on Alexander, then I see you make your pick, and made me feel a lot more comfortable. Haha.

LOL

Yeah...and I think I have been challenged by the boxing bookie.
ViperSniper
WOW!!!

That was absolutely hilarious by both fighters lol! Both seem ready and on for this fight!! This is a close one to call but I got Bradley on this one.
EAlbian
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 20 2011, 07:28 PM) *
Yes it was "a pretty good win." I do not mean to take away from that good win. I just don't think tooo much should be made of it.

I have been somewhat derogatory of Alexander in this thread but I do believe he is a quality boxer, a hard worker and a decent person. He has elite potential.

I'm not sure if Bradley has as much potential, but I do think he has enough natural talent, boxing skills, heart and seasoning to defeat Alexander at this point in their careers.

I would agree with you on this, one thing i will say about the Urango win as it pertains to Bradley is that although their hand and foot speed are light years apart their punch path is similar. If devon can handle the in and out movement of bradley and his quick feet he can time uppercuts and straight lefts that could do damage to bradley who has been clipped before charging in with his head low and his weight over the front of his feet while throwing looping punches.

i think this fight would have been much better for Alexander in a years time but we're getting it now and for that i'm not complaining. had they not fought this year there is a good chance Bradley would step up to the level of competition where he won't prevail. Bradley is not a Pac/mayweather/or even Berto beater and won't ever be where as given the right amount of time and opponents Alexander may be able
JLUVBABY
ive been picking bradley but got a question... alexander is an almost 2 to 1 underdog right now.. its tightened up from 3 to 1... just wondering if any of you guys plan to put a lil sumthin on alexander?... 50 to a hundred wouldnt be a bad bet on the guy.... or if you believe in him even more...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 25 2011, 10:09 PM) *
ive been picking bradley but got a question... alexander is an almost 2 to 1 underdog right now.. its tightened up from 3 to 1... just wondering if any of you guys plan to put a lil sumthin on alexander?... 50 to a hundred wouldnt be a bad bet on the guy.... or if you believe in him even more...

i'm taking Bradley without any doubts but i'm also putting a little on Alexander just in case.

to be honest i feel safe with Bradley and see him winning this one by decision.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 25 2011, 09:11 PM) *
i'm taking Bradley without any doubts but i'm also putting a little on Alexander just in case.

to be honest i feel safe with Bradley and see him winning this one by decision.

im picking bradley too but ive been checking out some things he's saying thats got me wondering.... first he complained about hbo taking him away from his training to do pr events for the fight... then his last verbal display has been this flu that he's spoke of... im wondering if he's not verbally throwing out outs before the fight even begins... just a thought...
JLUVBABY
Lil-lightsout
Sucks I got to work Saturday night! I will DVR it, BUT I probably will not have the patience to just watch it when I get home late. I'll most likely just jump on FH and see the results first. I am still taking Bradley in this one.
TheFonz
I think Bradley is a little scared of this fight. He even admitted in the facedown that he thinks that he is "catching" Alexander at the right time. I don't think that is something a confident fighter would admit.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Jan 26 2011, 08:59 AM) *
I think Bradley is a little scared of this fight. He even admitted in the facedown that he thinks that he is "catching" Alexander at the right time. I don't think that is something a confident fighter would admit.

I just listened to his interview on fightnews and he sounds extremely confident. No way is he scare of Devon.
JLUVBABY
gravytrain
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Jan 26 2011, 08:59 AM) *

I just think he's honest, he's catching Alexander at a good time for him. He also said Alexander has the power advantage since he's more knockouts and gave another advantage to Alexander. It's one thing to be confident but it's another to be conceited.
TheFonz
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 26 2011, 09:32 AM) *
I just listened to his interview on fightnews and he sounds extremely confident. No way is he scare of Devon.

I'm not saying that he is per se, scared of Devon. I do think that he is scared of losing this fight. I mean it could be a source of motivation for him but in the face off a saw more of a crack in Bradley's confidence then I did in Alexander's.
Maxy
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Jan 26 2011, 03:53 PM) *
I'm not saying that he is per se, scared of Devon. I do think that he is scared of losing this fight. I mean it could be a source of motivation for him but in the face off a saw more of a crack in Bradley's confidence then I did in Alexander's.

I never read anything into the face off, it really isn't of any significance. I did a breakdown of how I thought this fight would go early in this thread and I'm sticking to that despite the talk of flu and fear and all the other hype that goes around before a big fight.

Bradley is a better fighter imo and will win clearly on the cards even if he has to get off the floor to do it.
TheFonz
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 26 2011, 03:51 PM) *
I just think he's honest, he's catching Alexander at a good time for him. He also said Alexander has the power advantage since he's more knockouts and gave another advantage to Alexander. It's one thing to be confident but it's another to be conceited.

Most fighters would not admit to any of those things with guy they are fighting right in front of them. I think he knows that this is a danger fight in and admitted it in front of the alexander camp. Not a good look, IMO.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 26 2011, 02:57 PM) *
I never read anything into the face off, it really isn't of any significance. I did a breakdown of how I thought this fight would go early in this thread and I'm sticking to that despite the talk of flu and fear and all the other hype that goes around before a big fight.

Bradley is a better fighter imo and will win clearly on the cards even if he has to get off the floor to do it.

yep... spot on...
gravytrain
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Jan 26 2011, 03:57 PM) *
Most fighters would not admit to any of those things with guy they are fighting right in front of them. I think he knows that this is a danger fight in and admitted it in front of the alexander camp. Not a good look, IMO.

Most fighters think they're invincible then get the dog shit beat out of them too.
JLUVBABY
BigG
This is a real cool video of the Hitman giving Bradley tips

kidbazooka1
Damn can't waite for this i like both guys but buti hope my boy Devon takes it but it won't be easy.
Mean Mister Mustard
In his last 3 fights, Bradley has been the guy backing off and waiting to counter punch. In this one, he's going to have to go at Alexander just like he did against Holt. I don't think Alexander hits as hard as Holt but he does seem to be faster and throws more punches.

Still, I can't get the Kotelnik fight out of my mind. In that bout, Alexander did not go to the body as much as he should have, he didn't throw any uppercuts and he was pitty patting a lot. Bradley has shown to be a much more resourceful fighter, being able to adapt during fights. He's also a dirty motherfucker and I have a feeling that it's going to drive Alexander nuts and make him lose his cool. On the other hand, Bradley doesn't have great form when he punches, unlike Kotelnik, so maybe Alexander will find it easier to time him.
JLUVBABY
i hope chat is full saturday for this... we dont use it like we should...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.