Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bute wants to fight winner of the Super 6
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34665
By Chris LaBate

IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute is set to defend his title against Brian Magee on March 19 at the Bell Centre in Monteal. The unbeaten champion has set a goal to face the winner of the ongoing Super Six tournament at New York's Madison Square Garden in early 2012. There have been discussions about such a plan between Bute's team and American cable network Showtime.

WBA champion Andre Ward is leading the way in the Super Six. He faces Arthur Abraham in the semi-finals. The other semi-final bout will have WBC champion Carl Froch facing Glen Johnson.

"MSG is very special. I am confident of staging a battle there, possibly even in 2012 when I face the winner of the Super Six tournament. I hope that Quebecers will travel in large numbers to support me," Bute told Cristian Perez.

gravytrain
I've been thinking this would happen ever since he got the Showtime deal. Now it's just a matter of Ward's bald head carrying him to victory.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 13 2011, 04:33 PM) *
I've been thinking this would happen ever since he got the Showtime deal. Now it's just a matter of Ward's bald head carrying him to victory.

i think wards gonna win the super 6... if not he loses a close decision to froch but i see ward winning this... dirrel got with froch and so will ward... even better... im confident ward beats bute as well... just my opinion but froch will be the tougher more dangerous fight... matter of fact the winner of that fight once they meet (ward and froch) will be the best 168lber in my opinion...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 13 2011, 06:04 PM) *
i think wards gonna win the super 6... if not he loses a close decision to froch but i see ward winning this... dirrel got with froch and so will ward... even better... im confident ward beats bute as well... just my opinion but froch will be the tougher more dangerous fight... matter of fact the winner of that fight once they meet (ward and froch) will be the best 168lber in my opinion...

I'm going with Ward too.

People can say what they want about the ugly style of Ward but it's effective, I think it can carry him to be the undisputed premier fighter at 168 too.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 13 2011, 08:56 PM) *
I'm going with Ward too.

People can say what they want about the ugly style of Ward but it's effective, I think it can carry him to be the undisputed premier fighter at 168 too.

he just seems to be the most complete fighter... he can do it all.. so can froch but i think ward might be the more fluid of the two in what he wants to do... i wont be surprised if froch shows he's an equal fighter to him tho.. im impressed by that guy as well...
ViperSniper
This needs to happen, just like the winner of the tourney needs to face the winner of Montiel-Donaire at Bantam! If Bute is not the most complete fighter in the division he may be the most dangerous in the division with what he brings. Bute-Ward seems to be the most likely to come out of this..but how Abraham would shake the up division by upsetting Ward laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jan 13 2011, 10:59 PM) *
This needs to happen, just like the winner of the tourney needs to face the winner of Montiel-Donaire at Bantam! If Bute is not the most complete fighter in the division he may be the most dangerous in the division with what he brings. Bute-Ward seems to be the most likely to come out of this..but how Abraham would shake the up division by upsetting Ward laugh.gif

Wouldn't that be special, if Abraham v Johnson ended up The (not so) Super (and too damned long) Six championship fight? I can hear the snores echoing from the future. Kind of like . . . say . . . Seattle v . . . ummmmm . . . Seattle in the Super Bowl.

Fortunately, that is impossible. Ward v Froch is the fight everybody wants to see. It is a shame that we have to wait so long to see it. Come on man! The NBA playoffs take too fucking long. This shit is ridiculous.

Kudos to Bute (if he isn't just grandstanding) for stepping up and calling for what could actually be termed a super fight in a boxing mecca.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 14 2011, 08:01 AM) *
Kudos to Bute (if he isn't just grandstanding) for stepping up and calling for what could actually be termed a super fight in a boxing mecca.

and unlike other fighters that arent fighting for what ever reason ward or froch would fight him... actually froch vs bute is in my opinion the more fan friendly fight but i dont think froch beats ward..
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 14 2011, 11:31 AM) *
and unlike other fighters that arent fighting for what ever reason ward or froch would fight him... actually froch vs bute is in my opinion the more fan friendly fight but i dont think froch beats ward..

Abraham needs to drop back down and go after SMartinez. Johnson needs to get in with Bika or the like. Clear the fucking table, for omnipotent being's sake!

Froch v Ward should be made right fucking now. Bute v the winner late 2011. Screw The Stupid Stink, I mean The (not so) Super (and too damned long) Six.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 15 2011, 10:15 AM) *
Abraham needs to drop back down and go after SMartinez. Johnson needs to get in with Bika or the like. Clear the fucking table, for omnipotent being's sake!

Froch v Ward should be made right fucking now. Bute v the winner late 2011. Screw The Stupid Stink, I mean The (not so) Super (and too damned long) Six.

i agree... if abraham fights wards ill be surprised... after what froch did to him its pretty obvious abraham cant deal with a fighter with boxing ability... they need to go straight to froch vs ward and save us the agony of watching abraham get out gunned in a division he's a little bit to small for... he is a middleweight... but as always im sure money plays a part and these fights will get made in order...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 15 2011, 10:21 AM) *
i agree... if abraham fights wards ill be surprised... after what froch did to him its pretty obvious abraham cant deal with a fighter with boxing ability... they need to go straight to froch vs ward and save us the agony of watching abraham get out gunned in a division he's a little bit to small for... he is a middleweight... but as always im sure money plays a part and these fights will get made in order...

You mean like money is playing the part in the Bradley v Alexander fiasco?

I'm tired of hearing about how we all need to think like a promoter. I prefer not to play a moron.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 15 2011, 01:07 PM) *

I'm tired of hearing about how we all need to think like a promoter. I prefer not to play a moron.

well the truth is beardo the promoters should have known better than to bring that fight to detroit... economically it doesnt make sense... the fight would be close to sold out righ now had it come to houston.. the economy wasnt hit so hard this way... people party like its 1999 every weekend out here man.... they could have gone to vegas... they pick the most hard hit economical area in the country to bring that fight... doesnt make sense...
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 15 2011, 02:07 PM) *

The morons run the sport so unfortunately you've to play a moron.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.