SmartyBeardo
The rules are simple;

1. Choose a winner by UD, SD, MD, Stoppage (choose the round), or Draw
A. 1 point for choosing the winner
B. 1 point for choosing the right method of victory
C. 2 points for a Draw call
D. 1 extra point for calling a stoppage
E. 2 points for calling the correct round

2. In case of a tie, SmartyBeardo will flip a coin to decide who wins unless he feels benevolent and decides that all who tied win.
A. If SmartyBeardo wins (unlikely) 2nd place wins.

3. The prize each week will be a surprise that will be sent to the winner(s)

4. Deadline for picks is high noon (PST) Fridays, unless otherwise noted

5. SmartyBeardo will reveal his picks afternoon on Fridays

6. Points will accumulate week to week for a monthly winner who will be awarded 3 points. They will continue to accumulate for a 2011 champion who will win a grand prize TBD by SmartyBeardo towards the end of 2011.

7. In order to receive the weekly prize (as well as grand prize) the winner(s) must provide SmartyBeardo with a mailing address each week that they win (since SmartyBeardo has short term mesmory loss and will delete all addresses after mailing.

Friday, 1/14/11 fights;

Peter Manfredo Jr v Daniel Edouard

Erislandy Lara v Delray Raines

Edwin Rodriguez v Aaron Pryor Jr

Saturday, 1/15/11 fights;

Oscar Ibarra v Junichiro Sugita

Dante Jardon v Rene Gonzalez

Adrien Broner v John Revish

Looks like this is going over like a lead zeppellin.
SmartyBeardo
Manfredo Jr. = SD

Lara = KO 2

Rodriguez = SD

Ibarra = TKO 10

Gonzalez = TKO 8

Broner = TKO 7
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 14 2011, 10:11 AM) *
Manfredo Jr. = SD

Lara = KO 2

Rodriguez = SD

Ibarra = TKO 10

Gonzalez = TKO 8

Broner = TKO 7

So much for that idea. I win the northwest smoked salmon 2lb gift pack. Thanks for playing.
EAlbian
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 14 2011, 01:11 PM) *
Manfredo Jr. = SD

Lara = KO 2

Rodriguez = SD

Ibarra = TKO 10

Gonzalez = TKO 8

Broner = TKO 7

Manfredo=UD

Lara=KO 4

Rodriguez=SD

Ibarra=UD

Jardon= KO 9

Broner= TKO 3
Lil-lightsout
Friday's are dead around here most times, you would be better off posting it earlier in week.

Eduaord UD.

Lara KO7

Pryor UD.

Ibarra UD

Jardon UD

Broner KO9.

No prize needed Smarty, just for fun.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 14 2011, 05:14 PM) *
Friday's are dead around here most times, you would be better off posting it earlier in week.

Eduaord UD.

Lara KO7

Pryor UD.

Ibarra UD

Jardon UD

Broner KO9.

Agreed. Smarty how about you start again next week and roll out the picks on say Wednesday. Again no prize needed.
Fitz
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 15 2011, 09:14 AM) *

You are probably just like me. You just don't want to give this crazy man your mailing address laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 14 2011, 02:39 PM) *
You are probably just like me. You just don't want to give this crazy man your mailing address laugh.gif

Had a feeling that might be an issue. Never know what a nasty old hobo might lace a smoked salmon with.

Game on, just for shitz and jiggles.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 14 2011, 06:39 PM) *

Even all the way down in Australia Fitz does not feel completely safe laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 14 2011, 05:39 PM) *

Oh fucking shit!!!

That was some of the funniest things I ever read on here! Man oh man Fitz you kill me.

Dude...I seriously can not stop laughing.

Smarty you my man...but you do sound like someone NOT to fuck with, lol.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 14 2011, 02:38 PM) *
Agreed. Smarty how about you start again next week and roll out the picks on say Wednesday. Again no prize needed.

Yeah, you are right Ollie, but I was waiting for The Official Prediction League To Start. When it didn't materialize, I developed a wild hair at the last minute. Don't worry, we won't be too far ahead after the first week, and I will post next weekends fights by Wednesday (I hope).

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 14 2011, 06:05 PM) *
Oh fucking shit!!!

That was some of the funniest things I ever read on here! Man oh man Fitz you kill me.

Dude...I seriously can not stop laughing.

Smarty you my man...but you do sound like someone NOT to fuck with, lol.

NOW HEAR THIS, SmartythenastyoldhoboBeardo will not be sending out any "prize packages" related to his Weekend Challenge gambit.

That is all.

Standings after day 1, weekend 1 of SmartyBeardo's Weekend Challenge 2011;

EAlbian = 6

SmartyBeardo = 5

Little Lightsout = 3
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 14 2011, 04:38 PM) *

i agree only i was excited when he said smoked salmon... lol.. i want the salmon if i win... lol... j/k...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 15 2011, 10:42 AM) *
i agree only i was excited when he said smoked salmon... lol.. i want the salmon if i win... lol... j/k...

I wasn't kidding. The prize was going to be something different every week. Whatever I felt like. But I can understand why people are apprehensive about giving out their addresses, especially to me.

If you want some salmon, JLUV, just say the word and it will be on the way (if you are willing to risk it).

Maxy
Damn, I missed this thread. I love smoked salmon as well!!!

laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 15 2011, 11:05 AM) *
Damn, I missed this thread. I love smoked salmon as well!!!

laugh.gif

That's it! 2lb smoked salmon is on the table for next weekend's challenge. If the winner fears the nasty old hobo, the next in line gets the fish.

Winner this week (EAlbian is looking strong) gets a different SmartyBeardo surprise prize.

Next week's fights will be up by Wednesday. Take the challenge motherfuckers!
SmartyBeardo
Drum roll please . . . SmartyBeardo's 1st Weekend Challenge 2011 Champion is . . .

EAlbian = 12 points (PM me your mailing address, if you dare, for the surprise weekly prize. Or, if you fear The Nasty Old Hobo, you can choose to receive 1 extra point that will count towards this month's championship and the Overall Championship).

2nd place = Lil Lightsout = 10 points

3rd place = The Nasty Old Hobo = 9 points

Thanks for playing. Points will accumulate weekly for monthly champs who receive 3 extra points and the 2011 Overall Champ who will be awarded an undisclosed amount of 2011 holiday cash.

My fights, my rules, my prizes.

SmartyBeardo's 2nd Weekend Challenge 2011 fights will be posted by Wednesday evening. But, since I'm sitting around on my ass most of the day sending 12th Man Waves toward Chicago, they may be up much earlier.

Rules note; SmartyBeardo reserves the right to skip weekends when on business requiring digital silence.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.