Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SmartyBeardo's 2nd Weekend Challenge 2011
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
2nd Weekend Fights

Picks must be in by Noon Pacific Standard Time (that's 3pm for those on the East edge, the rest of ya- England/Scotland/Australia/Where the Hobbits Live- will have to figure it out fer yourselves), Friday 1/21/2011. No exceptions this time, some of these fights will be early.

Friday 1/21/2011

Lucas Matthysse v DeMarcus Corley (got to be hittin that Argentine action)

Johnny Garcia v William Urina

Saturday 1/22/2011

Thierry Karl v Danny McIntosh

Steve Cunningham v Enad Licina POSTPONED

Sebastien Sylvester v Mehdi Bouadla POSTPONED

Hugo Ruiz v Alvaro Perez

Jamie McDonnell v Stephane Jamoye

Derry Mathews v Scott Lawton

Diego Magdalena v Marcos Jimenez

The Ghost of Holyfield v A Can of Paint

Reminder- my fights, my rules, my prizes.

Just pick a winner of each fight by UD, SD, MD, Stoppage (choose the round), or Draw.

1 point for choosing the winner.

1 point for choosing the correct method of victory.

1 extra point for correctly calling a Stoppage.

2 extra points for calling the correct round of stoppage.

2 points for calling a draw.

There are other rules but they are mine, don't worry about them (though you can check out the evolution of them in the SmartyBeardo 1st Weekend Challenge Thread).

There are prizes but most seem to fear accepting them. The Smartybeardo's Weekend Challenge 2011 Overall Champion will receive an undisclosed amount of 2011 Holiday cash if he (or Sentral) can conquer his (or Sentral's) BeardoPhobia.

In lieu of SmartyBeardo's Weekly Champion Surprise Prize, the weekly champion may accept an extra point towards Monthly Championships and the Overall Championship. Monthly champions (EAlbian is looking strong) receive 3 extra points towards the Overall Championship.
EAlbian
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 16 2011, 11:53 AM) *

SmartyBeardo
Matthysse KO 7

Urina TKO 4

McIntosh TKO 9

Cunningham UD

Sylvester SD

Ruiz TKO 6

McDonnell SD

Mathews SD

Magdalena UD

The Ghost of Holyfield UD

Lil-lightsout
Good job Hobo putting this together!

I will post my picks tomorrow.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 16 2011, 08:20 PM) *
Good job Hobo putting this together!

I will post my picks tomorrow.

Thanks LL. The whole idea was to stir up interest on something besides the you know who's. I'm sending EAlbian his prize tomorrow, BTW.

Hopefully we can get some dudes interested.

Next week's prize is the only one that I will reveal. The winner gets a 2lb (at least) gift pack of smoked salmon, unless he (or Sentral) prefers the extra point instead.
JLUVBABY
Matthysse KO 3

Urina KO 7

McIntosh TKO 9

Cunningham KO 5

Sylvester UD

Ruiz UD

McDonnell UD

Mathews UD

Magdalena UD

The Ghost of Holyfield ko 4
[/quote]
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 17 2011, 12:47 AM) *
Sentral. Put your dirty underwear on the line. Thanks babe.

yo fitzgerald.... i thought somebody said sentral was really a dude?...
JLUVBABY
i can taste that smoked salmon!!! whoooo-weeee!!!!.... lol...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 16 2011, 11:19 PM) *
yo fitzgerald.... i thought somebody said sentral was really a dude?...

I said that Sentral seemed like a dude playing a chick talking like a dude to pick up on dudes that dig hot young chicks, if you know what I mean.

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 17 2011, 12:42 AM) *
i can taste that smoked salmon!!! whoooo-weeee!!!!.... lol...

You best have brought your A-game, JLUV. EAlbian is serious about this shit.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 17 2011, 09:32 PM) *
I said that Sentral seemed like a dude playing a chick talking like a dude to pick up on dudes that dig hot young chicks, if you know what I mean.

You best have brought your A-game, JLUV. EAlbian is serious about this shit.

SENTRAL is a dude. But as you said Beardo (and I'm sure paraphrasing Robert Downey Junior) he is a dude playing a chick who is playing a chick to pick up dudes when in fact the chick is a dude!

Beardo, the who likes 'hot young chicks part' is redundant as this is a boxing forum for hardcore fans FFS!!

However I vaguely remember some dude playing a dude that likes chicks when in fact he dug dudes and I think he may have come out an eventually admitted this. It was a while back though, I'm sure someone will remember his name.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 17 2011, 09:45 PM) *
SENTRAL is a dude. But as you said Beardo (and I'm sure paraphrasing Robert Downey Junior) he is a dude playing a chick who is playing a chick to pick up dudes when in fact the chick is a dude!

Beardo, the who likes 'hot young chicks part' is redundant as this is a boxing forum for hardcore fans FFS!!

However I vaguely remember some dude playing a dude that likes chicks when in fact he dug dudes and I think he may have come out an eventually admitted this. It was a while back though, I'm sure someone will remember his name.

i think i rememebr this guy... his name will come to me.. lol... its been maybe 2 years or so right?..
jkfitpro
SNATCH OUT! SNATCH OUT! SNATCH OUT! SNATCH OUT!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 16 2011, 08:53 AM) *
2nd Weekend Fights

Picks must be in by Noon Pacific Standard Time (that's 3pm for those on the East edge, the rest of ya- England/Scotland/Australia/Where the Hobbits Live- will have to figure it out fer yourselves), Friday 1/21/2011. No exceptions this time, some of these fights will be early.

Friday 1/21/2011

Lucas Matthysse v DeMarcus Corley (got to be hittin that Argentine action)

Johnny Garcia v William Urina

Saturday 1/22/2011

Thierry Karl v Danny McIntosh

Steve Cunningham v Enad Licina

Sebastien Sylvester v Mehdi Bouadla

Hugo Ruiz v Alvaro Perez

Jamie McDonnell v Stephane Jamoye

Derry Mathews v Scott Lawton

Diego Magdalena v Marcos Jimenez

The Ghost of Holyfield v A Can of Paint

Reminder- my fights, my rules, my prizes.

Just pick a winner of each fight by UD, SD, MD, Stoppage (choose the round), or Draw.

1 point for choosing the winner.

1 point for choosing the correct method of victory.

1 extra point for correctly calling a Stoppage.

2 extra points for calling the correct round of stoppage.

2 points for calling a draw.

There are other rules but they are mine, don't worry about them (though you can check out the evolution of them in the SmartyBeardo 1st Weekend Challenge Thread).

There are prizes but most seem to fear accepting them. The Smartybeardo's Weekend Challenge 2011 Overall Champion will receive an undisclosed amount of 2011 Holiday cash if he (or Sentral) can conquer his (or Sentral's) BeardoPhobia.

In lieu of SmartyBeardo's Weekly Champion Surprise Prize, the weekly champion may accept an extra point towards Monthly Championships and the Overall Championship. Monthly champions (EAlbian is looking strong) receive 3 extra points towards the Overall Championship.

Stop changin the subject and enuf of the Pwitty Buoy vids. Take the challenge ya herd of comedians.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 18 2011, 12:47 AM) *
i think i rememebr this guy... his name will come to me.. lol... its been maybe 2 years or so right?..

Spot on. Surely Sir Fitz, Lord of the Search Engine, can dig him up? laugh.gif
The CEO
Look at YOU, Smarty...takin' initiative and makin' shit happen...I was right about you when I dubbed you The Newcomer To Watch in '09...

Keep up the good work...

thumbsup_anim.gif
EAlbian
I feel more confident in my picks this week, i'm putting all of FH on notice. I'm still holding out faith in the fact that Sentral's a girl
The CEO
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 18 2011, 09:55 AM) *
This aint work. It is a diversion.

Take The Challenge Boss. The prizes are real. The first (of many) is on its way to EAlbian Land.

EAlbian is The 1st Weekend Challenge Champ.

Current January and overall standings are;

1. EAlbian = 12

2. Lil' Lightsout = 10

3. The Fat Old Nasty Hobo = 9

4. You bunch of twisted sisters (and Sentral) = 0

There is plenty of time to catch up. This is, afterall, a weekly challenge. Points do accumulate for monthly champ (who wins 3 extra points towards The Overall) and SmartyBeardo's Weekend Challenge 2011 Overall Champ who will receive an undisclosed amount of 2011 Holiday Cash in the mail if said winner is EAlbian or another participant who overcomes his (or Sentral's) SmartyPhobia.

A prize a week for as many weeks as I feel like fucking with it. What do you have to lose, besides your foolish pride?

I know it's not technically work for you, SB...I just wanted to commend you for being you...a bit corny at times, but you've also shown more than enough Brilliance....you've kept (and KEEP) pluggin' along during these dark times on the board...taking up the slack for those in The Old Guard who aren't as active as they were, including myself.....anyway, I wanted to tell you that you were appreciated.

and thanks but no thanks on your Challenge, for NOW...my finger's not on the pulse of the sport like it was, and I don't wanna boxrec guess any wins...

I'll stick to makin' a higher profile fight prediction or two when I can...
Lil-lightsout
Mattysse KO10
Urina KO8
McIntosh UD
Ruiz KO6
Jamoye UD
Matthews KO3
Magdeleno UD
Olyfield UD

EAlbian
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 22 2011, 01:48 AM) *
Standings after day 1, weekend 2 of SmartyBeardo's Weekend Challenge 2011;

Lil' Lightsout, JLUVBABY and Smartybeardo = 3

EAlbian = 1

I lost count of the knockdowns. Had to be at least 6 or 7. Missed the KO call by one round; Matthysse TKO8. The body work was literally phenomenal.

Johnny Garcia upsets Urina.

Ortiz v Matthysse would be fun.

How about Miadana VS Mathysse in Argentina?? Thats the fight HBO should be looking for, the Atmosphere alone would be stellar not to mention the stylistic match up. Throw Martinez on the card as the headliner, all Argentinian WCB. Maybe put him on the card against Zbik, could probably do it for under 4mil. 800k to Miadana, Mathysse, and Zbik and 1.2 to Martinez.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 22 2011, 01:48 AM) *
Standings after day 1, weekend 2 of SmartyBeardo's Weekend Challenge 2011;

Lil' Lightsout, JLUVBABY and Smartybeardo = 3

EAlbian = 1

I lost count of the knockdowns. Had to be at least 6 or 7. Missed the KO call by one round; Matthysse TKO8. The body work was literally phenomenal.

Johnny Garcia upsets Urina.

Ortiz v Matthysse would be fun.

The actual punches? Or you talking about the tats? laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 22 2011, 11:35 PM) *
Drum roll please . . . and the winner of SmartyBeardo's 2nd Weekend Challenge is . . .

JLUVBABY = 11 points (PM me with your mailing address for the 2lb smoked salmon, or you can poontang out and take the extra point instead). Look at JLUV, goin all Ali on us and shit.

SmartyBeardo = 10 points

Lil-Lightsout = 7 points

EAlbian = 4 points

January & Overall Championship Standings =

SmartyBeardo = 19

Lil-Lightsout = 17

EAlbian = 16

JLUVBABY = 11

Next weeks fights will be up soon . . . since I've got a job on an island that is lost in a previous millenium.

Congrats JLUV. I hope them nuke maintenance dudes aren't allergic to smoked fish.

Well JLUV, what's it gonna be, the fish or the poontang? The choice is yours (I need a decision because I'm heading for awhile).
JLUVBABY
wooohoo!!!!! smoked salmon... ill inbox you my address....lol....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.